JimJupiter

Re: French airport worker punches British EasyJet passenger in the face

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:58 am

Aither wrote:
Whatever the outcome of the investigation at the end the general public will only remember "french staff beating british passengers".

:checkmark: That's the Rothermere School of Journalism. And as we've seen in the past year or two, it delivers results.
One is born, one runs up bills, one dies.

sevenair

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:07 am

alfa164 wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:
sevenair wrote:
Could you explain what we've done that is so funny. Actions of a few does not excuse racismor xenophobia to the many. Not all Muslims are terrorists yet almost all terrorists are Muslim. You wouldn't allow an entire religion to be demonised because of the actions of a few so why is it ok for anti British hate? Hate is hate where I come from & is always inexcusable.

We've learned to laugh at ourselves. We've learned to be able to discern banter from hate. We've learned that when you give some banter you need to accept some banter. Now get off your high horse and see the comments for what they really were. Simple banter. If you get offended by such then, well, you deserve to be.
hz747300 wrote:
That's crap! If you sit there and take it, you'll just get more of it. I'd say that this just more of a reason for Brexit. Who needs this garbage? The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces.

You're equating some comments made in banter to the need for Brexit? "The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces" - Did you write that all on your own? We lost the British Empire many years ago. Go form your global union of one, the rest of the world will just pass you by. Think you've been watching too many Citizen Smith episodes.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: And with Brexit, the "British Empire" - and British influence on the world scene - becomes even more irrelevant. I thought the British were more educated than that...

Hate is hate regardless of wether you agree with Brexit or not.

It's telling that the ultra PC crowd rampant on here who jump in with accusations of racism, sexism, transphobia, xenophobia etc are all rather silent (or worse, contributing to) anti British hate on here.

Offensive and hypocrisy in the extreme.
Last edited by sevenair on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
#NotAllDrones

sevenair

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:08 am

coolian2 wrote:
hz747300 wrote:
Virtual737 wrote:

To be fair I think we've given others plenty to laugh about, so let them. It wont affect your life. Stiff upper lip and all that old boy.

That's crap! If you sit there and take it, you'll just get more of it. I'd say that this just more of a reason for Brexit. Who needs this garbage? The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces.

Nobody likes you. You should remember this from school.

They don't like us. They love us when it $uits them though.
#NotAllDrones

UAL777UK

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:16 am

The passenger has hit out at the airport staff and the staff member has defended himself. I am British and ashamed to see this, the passenger should have been arrested for assault, simple as. You simply cannot go around hitting people.......end of.

N14AZ

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:30 am

slvfly wrote:
You can't push someone away and expect no response. Should the airport worker have done it? I mean, probably not...but I'm pretty sure 95% of people are going to push back in these circumstances.

Yes, it almost looks like a reflex. I hope he won't get fired.

BaconButty

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:10 am

UAL777UK wrote:
The passenger has hit out at the airport staff and the staff member has defended himself. I am British and ashamed to see this, the passenger should have been arrested for assault, simple as. You simply cannot go around hitting people.......end of.

Absolutely. It's pretty clear that the source of the original photo was lying. I gave her a quick Google, and it turns out Arabella Arkwright has a bit of history. Even the vote leave website took her name off after some dubious Twitter activity. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... m-retweets
I did find the response on here by airline employees to the United debacle to be a bit depressing, defending the indefensible and all that, but this is a nice reminder that there usually is a second side to the story.
Down with that sort of thing!

WIederling

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:17 am

BaconButty wrote:
. It's pretty clear that the source of the original photo was lying.

Nice character insight on some posters here though.

Xenophobic Me Too rush hour.
Murphy is an optimist

TYCOON

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:05 am

sevenair wrote:
TYCOON wrote:
Given how British passengers generally behave, the guy probably deserved it!

Interesting generalisation of an entire country.

Funny how I was recently criticised because I said that I found a person in a safety video to be annoying. I was chastised just because he happened to be Muslim and people found it uncomfortable that I was criticising him despite ZERO of my critique being on the grounds of race.

Yet it's ok to make dereogatory and xenophobic comments about the UK?

I intentially made this flammatory statement to demonstrate a point: Prior to my comment, there were gross generalizations about the French and no one piped in, only adding to the chorus. Hence my generalization about the Brits.
As it comes to life, the Englishman now appears to have instigated it... which doesn't excuse the airport personnel's reaction... but you may now have a bit more sympathy for him and increased disdain for the Englishman who aggressively assaults the employee with a baby in his arms. So it is the Englishman who endangers the baby first... let's not lose sight of that....
I won't even lower myself to respond to that Anglo-World comment... so silly and so sad.

keesje

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

OA940 wrote:
JannEejit wrote:
OA940 wrote:

Wait, people go to France for the beaches? FRANCE HAS BEACHES?!

Yes, an amazing but true fact that can be attributed to most countries with hundreds of miles of coastal regions within it's land mass ! :lol:

To be clear I was joking, but still, France isn't the go-to country for a coastal vacation when compared to Greece, Spain, or even Italy.

Yes, it has been for thousands of years by millions of tourists. :wave:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEVyijMn9Zbz4A_R9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0NzBpZW00BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVUkyQzNfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=cote+d%27azur&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

OA940

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:26 pm

keesje wrote:
OA940 wrote:
JannEejit wrote:

Yes, an amazing but true fact that can be attributed to most countries with hundreds of miles of coastal regions within it's land mass ! :lol:

To be clear I was joking, but still, France isn't the go-to country for a coastal vacation when compared to Greece, Spain, or even Italy.

Yes, it has been for thousands of years by millions of tourists. :wave:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEVyijMn9Zbz4A_R9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0NzBpZW00BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVUkyQzNfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=cote+d%27azur&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t

I will completely ignore this comment due to usage of Yahoo :D :rotfl:
A350/CSeries = bae

sevenair

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:00 pm

TYCOON wrote:
sevenair wrote:
TYCOON wrote:
Given how British passengers generally behave, the guy probably deserved it!

Interesting generalisation of an entire country.

Funny how I was recently criticised because I said that I found a person in a safety video to be annoying. I was chastised just because he happened to be Muslim and people found it uncomfortable that I was criticising him despite ZERO of my critique being on the grounds of race.

Yet it's ok to make dereogatory and xenophobic comments about the UK?

I intentially made this flammatory statement to demonstrate a point: Prior to my comment, there were gross generalizations about the French and no one piped in, only adding to the chorus. Hence my generalization about the Brits.
As it comes to life, the Englishman now appears to have instigated it... which doesn't excuse the airport personnel's reaction... but you may now have a bit more sympathy for him and increased disdain for the Englishman who aggressively assaults the employee with a baby in his arms. So it is the Englishman who endangers the baby first... let's not lose sight of that....
I won't even lower myself to respond to that Anglo-World comment... so silly and so sad.

I'm against all forms of hate. I stood up for hate directed toward my country. If a French person wants to defend their own country then s/he are free to do so.

An idiot acting himself does not give anyone the right to openly direct hatred toward an entire religion, nationality or whatever.

Given that a.net is extremely left leaning and PC obsessed, I find it hilarious that the usual PC obsessives turn a blind eye to hate when it's directed toward the English or British.

Stop hate. All hate.
#NotAllDrones

ILNFlyer

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:37 pm

That isn't very NICE of him.....

sevenair

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:40 pm

Indeed. And hate, xenophobia and racism are really not NICE at all.
#NotAllDrones

mozart

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:47 pm

Aither wrote:
Whatever the outcome of the investigation at the end the general public will only remember "french staff beating british passengers".

No. General public will remember "British hooligan attacks airport worker". Would be interesting to know whether the passenger was (i) completely smashed (ii) with a normal British level of alcohol in his blood (="drunk") or (iii) only slightly tipsy.

I know stereotypes, and no, not all Brits are that way. But nowhere in Europe do you so much vulgar-violent behaviour. Go to one of their Mediterranean hangouts (Ibiza, Torremolinos, etc) or to any British inner city on a Saturday evening and you'll understand why it's dubbed "Monkey Island".

Violence is not the usual way of French un-hospitality. Snobbing you, being unaccomodating, being indifferent about customer needs or concerns - those are much more common.

Elementalism

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:04 pm

ILNFlyer wrote:

I cant believe it took until the second page for this response!

guyanam

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:22 pm

Flaps wrote:
I wonder what prompted it? I doubt that the airport worker just up and punched someone out of the blue for no reason. I wouldn't discount for a second that the "victim" did or said something to prompt it. Passengers can be incredibly arrogant and ignorant when dealing airport staff.

There is no scenario where an airline employee can be allowed to attack a passenger unless the passenger attacked them first. In which case they have the right to defend themselves.

If the passenger is unruly then the local police should be called in.
Last edited by guyanam on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guyanam

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:29 pm

hz747300 wrote:
. I'd say that this just more of a reason for Brexit. Who needs this garbage? The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces.

I must say that I don't normally hear great things said by the British about the USA. And definitely not since the election of Trump.

Understand this. No USA no Anglosphere and so I don't know if the Brits are really up to it. And I am NOT a Trump fan.

AtomicGarden

Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:59 am

Elementalism wrote:
ILNFlyer wrote:

I was scrolling looking for this response, and hoping nobody had made it.

I think people need to chill out a bit when it comes to stereotypes. They are often more fun than harmful, in particular in this case I never took too serious the impoliteness of the French or the rudeness of brit tourists.
You killed a black astronaut, Cyril! That's like killing a unicorn!

hz747300

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:20 am

guyanam wrote:
hz747300 wrote:
. I'd say that this just more of a reason for Brexit. Who needs this garbage? The Anglosphere needs to form its own global union, and let the rest of the world drown it its own feces.

I must say that I don't normally hear great things said by the British about the USA. And definitely not since the election of Trump.

Understand this. No USA no Anglosphere and so I don't know if the Brits are really up to it. And I am NOT a Trump fan.

My guess is if you guaranteed anonymity, you'd hear a lot that you don't hear now. The loudest voices try to drown out the rest, but when they can, they do speak up usually in actions not words.

Has The Sun or DM interviewed the airport worker yet?
Keep on truckin'...

ILNFlyer

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:40 pm

AtomicGarden wrote:
Elementalism wrote:
ILNFlyer wrote:

I think people need to chill out a bit when it comes to stereotypes. They are often more fun than harmful, in particular in this case I never took too serious the impoliteness of the French or the rudeness of brit tourists.

No one was making a stereotype. It was a pun. Nothing more.

ILNFlyer

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:41 pm

guyanam wrote:
Flaps wrote:
I wonder what prompted it? I doubt that the airport worker just up and punched someone out of the blue for no reason. I wouldn't discount for a second that the "victim" did or said something to prompt it. Passengers can be incredibly arrogant and ignorant when dealing airport staff.

There is no scenario where an airline employee can be allowed to attack a passenger unless the passenger attacked them first. In which case they have the right to defend themselves.

If the passenger is unruly then the local police should be called in.

I agree.

AtomicGarden

Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:50 am

ILNFlyer wrote:
AtomicGarden wrote:
Elementalism wrote:

No one was making a stereotype. It was a pun. Nothing more.

I know, the second part of my post was adressed to the other posters, not your comment (which I was gonna make if not done by someone else).
You killed a black astronaut, Cyril! That's like killing a unicorn!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos