Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle's Future Discussion Thread

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:46 pm

TXRoadMan wrote:
Interesting that they are going to MZJ and not back to SJT. I guess this means that they are likely gone forever? (Which makes sense, IMHO.) I wonder if the few remaining at SJT will leave to join them in MZJ.

That may be the plan. I’m only showing five remaining at SJT; N828AE, N829AE, N832AE, N839AE, and N847AE.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle's Future Discussion Thread

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Envoy E135 N807AE is en route from DFW to MZJ for storage.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N807AE
 
aaflyer222
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: American Eagle's Future Discussion Thread

Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:18 am

how many remaining e140 are not painted? are there plans to repaint these aircraft?
74m, 772, 763, 764, 752, 733, 734, 738, 739, a319, a320, a321, s80, m88, m90, e190, e170, e175, e140, e145, cr2, cr7, cr9, dh1, dh3, dh4, at72, s340
 
TXRoadMan
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: American Eagle's Future Discussion Thread

Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:32 pm

Earlier this year, there were less painted frames than frames scheduled to remain. 3 or 4, IIRC. Assuming that all of the frames sent to the desert were unpainted, they will have more than enough painted frames at the end of 2020. That’s said, some of the unpainted frames were in pretty bad shape paint-wise.

Also, it’s possible that after the year-end drawdown, all of the frames are painted. As I said, there were just a few left, and some of them did get painted this year. I’m not sure if anyone was keeping track towards the end or not.
 
ahj2000
Posts: 1235
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: American Eagle's Future Discussion Thread

Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:56 am

How many 140 are left? I saw some unpainted ones at DFW this holiday and was surprised
-Andrés Juánez
 
TEBfan
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Re: American Eagle's Future Discussion Thread

Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:26 am

TXRoadMan wrote:
Earlier this year, there were less painted frames than frames scheduled to remain. 3 or 4, IIRC. Assuming that all of the frames sent to the desert were unpainted, they will have more than enough painted frames at the end of 2020. That’s said, some of the unpainted frames were in pretty bad shape paint-wise.

Also, it’s possible that after the year-end drawdown, all of the frames are painted. As I said, there were just a few left, and some of them did get painted this year. I’m not sure if anyone was keeping track towards the end or not.


All 5 frames that just flew to KMZJ were in the new livery. The proportion of old livery to new livery is much higher.
 
TEBfan
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Re: American Eagle's Future Discussion Thread

Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:29 am

jgcotter wrote:
TXRoadMan wrote:
Interesting that they are going to MZJ and not back to SJT. I guess this means that they are likely gone forever? (Which makes sense, IMHO.) I wonder if the few remaining at SJT will leave to join them in MZJ.

That may be the plan. I’m only showing five remaining at SJT; N828AE, N829AE, N832AE, N839AE, and N847AE.


Of the 59 frames, 51 had been reactivated which supposedly left 8 frames sitting at KSJT. I thought I read here that those 8 frames suffered hail damage. Do you have any insight into this or into the remains of the other 3 frames?
 
TXRoadMan
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: American Eagle's Future Discussion Thread

Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:27 am

TEBfan wrote:
All 5 frames that just flew to KMZJ were in the new livery. The proportion of old livery to new livery is much higher.

You are correct. Thanks for the mental jog.

The Fleet Site shows 29 frames painted. The Q3 8K fleet plan says there will be 30 frames at YE20 and YE21. (We should get an updated fleet plan in ~25 days.)

I know this is perhaps an unanswerable question, but why would they park painted frames when unpainted frames will continue to fly? Obviously plenty of other factors come into play, and they can still rotate frames through AMA/ROW for paint. It’s just illogical from a paint/branding POV. (I know, that’s 847th on their list of concerns in fleet planning.)
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle's Future Discussion Thread

Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:53 pm

TEBfan wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
TXRoadMan wrote:
Interesting that they are going to MZJ and not back to SJT. I guess this means that they are likely gone forever? (Which makes sense, IMHO.) I wonder if the few remaining at SJT will leave to join them in MZJ.

That may be the plan. I’m only showing five remaining at SJT; N828AE, N829AE, N832AE, N839AE, and N847AE.


Of the 59 frames, 51 had been reactivated which supposedly left 8 frames sitting at KSJT. I thought I read here that those 8 frames suffered hail damage. Do you have any insight into this or into the remains of the other 3 frames?

I had read the same thing about the hail damage. Three of them had ferried to ABI; N802AE, N811AE, N814AE, and have been sitting there since then.
 
TXRoadMan
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: American Eagle's Future Discussion Thread

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:33 pm

jgcotter wrote:
I had read the same thing about the hail damage. Three of them had ferried to ABI; N802AE, N811AE, N814AE, and have been sitting there since then.

Would you happen to know if they flew to ABI before the hail or after?

I have a theory...

After I made my original post about the recent departures going to MZJ, and even before I learned that painted frames had left, this occurred to me: What if AA/MQ is simply rotating out good frames in order to bring them back eventually? At least some (all?) frames got new interiors and heavy checks in ABI, some just didn’t get painted. I didn’t understand why then (and still don’t, TBH, though it doesn’t matter,) but could they be sending planes to MZJ that can come back with a simple reactivation and no heavy checks required, in the current livery and with a decently new interior? As they continue to drawdown the fleet, they can send the birds with the freshest checks to the desert, and activate the remaining frames through ABI (with all of them eventually getting paint.) And while SJT isn’t the worst place to store aircraft, it’s not MZJ.

We know that there are markets that really need less than 65 seats, and some markets are more-or-less exclusive 140. Could AA/MQ simply be signaling that they are going to fly all 140s until they wear out, and this is just putting them in a position where all planes are fresh as of 2017-2020, and not having some that stopped in time several years ago?
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle's Future Discussion Thread

Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:00 pm

TXRoadMan wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
I had read the same thing about the hail damage. Three of them had ferried to ABI; N802AE, N811AE, N814AE, and have been sitting there since then.

Would you happen to know if they flew to ABI before the hail or after?

I have a theory...

After I made my original post about the recent departures going to MZJ, and even before I learned that painted frames had left, this occurred to me: What if AA/MQ is simply rotating out good frames in order to bring them back eventually? At least some (all?) frames got new interiors and heavy checks in ABI, some just didn’t get painted. I didn’t understand why then (and still don’t, TBH, though it doesn’t matter,) but could they be sending planes to MZJ that can come back with a simple reactivation and no heavy checks required, in the current livery and with a decently new interior? As they continue to drawdown the fleet, they can send the birds with the freshest checks to the desert, and activate the remaining frames through ABI (with all of them eventually getting paint.) And while SJT isn’t the worst place to store aircraft, it’s not MZJ.

We know that there are markets that really need less than 65 seats, and some markets are more-or-less exclusive 140. Could AA/MQ simply be signaling that they are going to fly all 140s until they wear out, and this is just putting them in a position where all planes are fresh as of 2017-2020, and not having some that stopped in time several years ago?

Here are the dates they ferried to ABI; N802AE 12/16/19, N811AE 1/24/19, N814AE 4/29/18. I’m not sure when the hail was, but 802 only ferried three weeks ago so it would have been there for the hail.
 
TXRoadMan
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: American Eagle's Future Discussion Thread

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:02 am

jgcotter wrote:
Here are the dates they ferried to ABI; N802AE 12/16/19, N811AE 1/24/19, N814AE 4/29/18. I’m not sure when the hail was, but 802 only ferried three weeks ago so it would have been there for the hail.

Thanks!

I couldn’t find any direct references to frames being damaged in SJT, but they did have a serious storm in the May/June timeframe. It’s not proof of anything, but if they moved some to ABI with the intent of running them through the reactivation process, then my theory could hold some water. Or not...
 
User avatar
CarlosSi
Posts: 658
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:02 am

The e135s are all out of service right? Our very reliable friend FlightAware says there are some flying sometimes.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:45 am

CarlosSi wrote:
The e135s are all out of service right? Our very reliable friend FlightAware says there are some flying sometimes.

Yea, both FlightAware and FlightRadar24 refer to them interchangeably as E135 and E140. I should probably refer to them as E140, like AA does.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:51 am

Interestingly, I just looked at Google Earth and there were no E140s at SJT where they had been/are parked. So it’s either a very old, pre-2014, photo or they’ve moved the last five without flying them. Your thoughts? Does anyone have current eyes on SJT?
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:38 am

E175 N289MW ferried SJK-MAO-FLL-DFW-ABI 31 Dec 2019 on delivery. 70 x E175 on property now at Envoy.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N289MW
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:19 pm

E140 N815AE has been at ROW since 12/26/19 for paint.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:25 pm

CR7 N538EG is en route from MQT to CVG for transfer from Envoy to PSA. 57 x CR7 on property now at PSA.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N538EG
 
aaflyer222
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:20 am

how many cr2 remain at psa? it appears that many aircraft are not in service
74m, 772, 763, 764, 752, 733, 734, 738, 739, a319, a320, a321, s80, m88, m90, e190, e170, e175, e140, e145, cr2, cr7, cr9, dh1, dh3, dh4, at72, s340
 
crj900lr
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:44 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:17 am

aaflyer222 wrote:
how many cr2 remain at psa? it appears that many aircraft are not in service


They are removing them and most of the routes are being replaced with CR7's/CR9's or Piedmont is picking them up with the 145's. All depends on how AA does the flight scheduling. The CR2's days are numbered at PSA, what was once a workhorse for them after they (CR2's) replaced the D-328's, are now being parked or sold to other airlines. I believe SkyWest bought a few just recently if I read that correctly somewhere.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:17 pm

E140 N851AE ferried last night to ROW for paint.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N851AE
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:39 pm

CR7 N536EA is en route from MQT to CVG for transfer from Envoy to PSA. 58 x CR7 on property now at PSA.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N536EA
 
BooDog
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:44 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:10 pm

jgcotter wrote:
Interestingly, I just looked at Google Earth and there were no E140s at SJT where they had been/are parked. So it’s either a very old, pre-2014, photo or they’ve moved the last five without flying them. Your thoughts? Does anyone have current eyes on SJT?


It must be an old photo. The most recent photos are from Aug. 2018 and it shows 7 planes stashed away. Mar. 2015 photo shows 27 stashed.
B1B - best looking aircraft ever.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:55 pm

BooDog wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
Interestingly, I just looked at Google Earth and there were no E140s at SJT where they had been/are parked. So it’s either a very old, pre-2014, photo or they’ve moved the last five without flying them. Your thoughts? Does anyone have current eyes on SJT?


It must be an old photo. The most recent photos are from Aug. 2018 and it shows 7 planes stashed away. Mar. 2015 photo shows 27 stashed.

Ok, cool, thanks. I had seen those pics as well, but two had flown out since the Aug 2018 pic, so there must still be five there. Thanks.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Envoy Reactivating ERJ-140

Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:08 pm

N810AE is currently at ROW for paint.
 
airtran737
Posts: 3483
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:47 am

Re: Envoy Reactivating ERJ-140

Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:07 pm

mhkansan wrote:
I think it would make sense for PDT to have some E140s on hand, even as operational spares, or for use in some of those east coast markets which have reduced runway lengths.


PDT can't crew what they have and are shrinking which is why envoy has nine airplanes in CLT again this month flying their routes. Pretty sure the last thing they need is more airplanes. If PDT does a Flaps 22 takeoff in those cities with short runways then they should be ok most of the time.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever
 
alasizon
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Envoy Reactivating ERJ-140

Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:22 pm

airtran737 wrote:
mhkansan wrote:
I think it would make sense for PDT to have some E140s on hand, even as operational spares, or for use in some of those east coast markets which have reduced runway lengths.


PDT can't crew what they have and are shrinking which is why envoy has nine airplanes in CLT again this month flying their routes. Pretty sure the last thing they need is more airplanes. If PDT does a Flaps 22 takeoff in those cities with short runways then they should be ok most of the time.


Not sure where you are getting that they can't crew what they have, everything indicates that crew completion factor for PT has been great. Looking at month over month schedules a whopping two flights a day went from PT to MQ while four went from MQ to OH and twelve went from MQ to PT in CLT comparing January to Feb.

As far as shrinkage, everything shows PT is flat on the number of aircraft, and up on number of departures.

I also only count 6 E140s in CLT on a daily basis, not nine.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Envoy Reactivating ERJ-140

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:02 pm

Envoy E140 N811AE was deregistered by the FAA on 11/20/19. Last known flight was SJT to ABI on 1/12/19.
 
crj900lr
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:44 am

Re: Envoy Reactivating ERJ-140

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:41 am

alasizon wrote:
airtran737 wrote:
mhkansan wrote:
I think it would make sense for PDT to have some E140s on hand, even as operational spares, or for use in some of those east coast markets which have reduced runway lengths.


PDT can't crew what they have and are shrinking which is why envoy has nine airplanes in CLT again this month flying their routes. Pretty sure the last thing they need is more airplanes. If PDT does a Flaps 22 takeoff in those cities with short runways then they should be ok most of the time.


Not sure where you are getting that they can't crew what they have, everything indicates that crew completion factor for PT has been great. Looking at month over month schedules a whopping two flights a day went from PT to MQ while four went from MQ to OH and twelve went from MQ to PT in CLT comparing January to Feb.

As far as shrinkage, everything shows PT is flat on the number of aircraft, and up on number of departures.

I also only count 6 E140s in CLT on a daily basis, not nine.



Not sure about that crew issue thing you are talking about. Shrinking? I have not heard of them taking any of their 145's out of service cause they can't staff them? It's not going to matter in a few years anyway when Piedmont and Envoy merge.
 
airtran737
Posts: 3483
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:47 am

Re: Envoy Reactivating ERJ-140

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:39 am

crj900lr wrote:
alasizon wrote:
airtran737 wrote:

PDT can't crew what they have and are shrinking which is why envoy has nine airplanes in CLT again this month flying their routes. Pretty sure the last thing they need is more airplanes. If PDT does a Flaps 22 takeoff in those cities with short runways then they should be ok most of the time.


Not sure where you are getting that they can't crew what they have, everything indicates that crew completion factor for PT has been great. Looking at month over month schedules a whopping two flights a day went from PT to MQ while four went from MQ to OH and twelve went from MQ to PT in CLT comparing January to Feb.

As far as shrinkage, everything shows PT is flat on the number of aircraft, and up on number of departures.

I also only count 6 E140s in CLT on a daily basis, not nine.



Not sure about that crew issue thing you are talking about. Shrinking? I have not heard of them taking any of their 145's out of service cause they can't staff them? It's not going to matter in a few years anyway when Piedmont and Envoy merge.


PDT is losing pilots faster than they can hire them. They are well under 700 by now.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever
 
bigb
Posts: 1130
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:30 pm

Re: Envoy Reactivating ERJ-140

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:18 pm

airtran737 wrote:
crj900lr wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Not sure where you are getting that they can't crew what they have, everything indicates that crew completion factor for PT has been great. Looking at month over month schedules a whopping two flights a day went from PT to MQ while four went from MQ to OH and twelve went from MQ to PT in CLT comparing January to Feb.

As far as shrinkage, everything shows PT is flat on the number of aircraft, and up on number of departures.

I also only count 6 E140s in CLT on a daily basis, not nine.



Not sure about that crew issue thing you are talking about. Shrinking? I have not heard of them taking any of their 145's out of service cause they can't staff them? It's not going to matter in a few years anyway when Piedmont and Envoy merge.


PDT is losing pilots faster than they can hire them. They are well under 700 by now.

They are shy of 700 pilots but not by that much.
 
n797mx
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:40 pm

Re: Envoy Reactivating ERJ-140

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:49 pm

jgcotter wrote:
Envoy E140 N811AE was deregistered by the FAA on 11/20/19. Last known flight was SJT to ABI on 1/12/19.


811 is currently sitting on blocks in ABI, being used as a donor aircraft. I saw her a few months ago, now she's stripped down to basically nothing.
Clear skies and strong tail winds.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:23 pm

PSA CR2 N251PS has been reregistered by the FAA to SkyWest on 2/7/20.
 
mhkansan
Posts: 873
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: Envoy Reactivating ERJ-140

Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:17 pm

IIRC 802 is also being parted out.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:57 pm

CR7 N541EA is en route from MQT to CVG for transfer from Envoy to PSA. 59 x CR7 on property now at PSA.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N541EA
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Envoy Reactivating ERJ-140

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:01 pm

N816AE is currently at ROW for paint.
 
aaflyer222
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Envoy Reactivating ERJ-140

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:36 pm

jgcotter wrote:
N816AE is currently at ROW for paint.

is there a count of how many are not yet painted?
74m, 772, 763, 764, 752, 733, 734, 738, 739, a319, a320, a321, s80, m88, m90, e190, e170, e175, e140, e145, cr2, cr7, cr9, dh1, dh3, dh4, at72, s340
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Envoy Reactivating ERJ-140

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:35 am

aaflyer222 wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
N816AE is currently at ROW for paint.

is there a count of how many are not yet painted?

I’m showing four active; 827, 834, 841, 842, the five stored at SJT; 828, 829, 832, 834, 847 and the two stored at ABI; 802, 814 as still in legacy (white) livery.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:25 pm

CR7 N542EA is en route from MQT to CVG for transfer from Envoy to PSA. 60 x CR7 on property now at PSA.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N542EA
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:25 pm

E175 N291NN is en route SJK-MAO-FLL-ABI on delivery. 71 x E175 on property now at Envoy.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N291NN
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2099
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:48 pm

AA looking to cut back it’s regional jet fleet due to the MAX grounding’s effect on scope.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... -drags-on/
 
n797mx
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:40 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:58 pm

Runway28L wrote:
AA looking to cut back it’s regional jet fleet due to the MAX grounding’s effect on scope.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... -drags-on/


"What flights could be cancelled?

American is unlikely to cancel any feeder flights on its large regional jets, the Bombardier CRJ900s and E175s. These largely operate in markets with demand for both premium and economy products or — in other words — routes that are more financially lucrative for the airline."

Which is silly to say because the scope clause only applies to aircraft with more than 65 seats... Under 65 can have as many as they'd like.

If anything, Mesa A/C would be on the chopping block, as a result of missing their performance marks over the summer. In August AA cut Mesa's CPA by two because of performance, and I believe they just did another a a week or two ago.
Clear skies and strong tail winds.
 
brooklynchris13
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:11 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:44 pm

n797mx wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
AA looking to cut back it’s regional jet fleet due to the MAX grounding’s effect on scope.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... -drags-on/


"What flights could be cancelled?

American is unlikely to cancel any feeder flights on its large regional jets, the Bombardier CRJ900s and E175s. These largely operate in markets with demand for both premium and economy products or — in other words — routes that are more financially lucrative for the airline."

Which is silly to say because the scope clause only applies to aircraft with more than 65 seats... Under 65 can have as many as they'd like.

If anything, Mesa A/C would be on the chopping block, as a result of missing their performance marks over the summer. In August AA cut Mesa's CPA by two because of performance, and I believe they just did another a a week or two ago.


So to clarify, is the article wrong when it says total regional flying of any size can not exceed 75% of the mainline fleet count and that large RJs can not exceed 40%? If the article is wrong, could you please share your source that AA can have as many small RJs as they want?
"Be the change you want to see in the world" (mg)
 
UpNAWAy
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:52 pm

The MAX is still on the Ops Spec and still maintained, I don't think there is any scope consideration. If anything the NEO slowdown maybe driving the 4 early retirements and if so that is the end of the story.
 
alasizon
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:06 am

n797mx wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
AA looking to cut back it’s regional jet fleet due to the MAX grounding’s effect on scope.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... -drags-on/


"What flights could be cancelled?

American is unlikely to cancel any feeder flights on its large regional jets, the Bombardier CRJ900s and E175s. These largely operate in markets with demand for both premium and economy products or — in other words — routes that are more financially lucrative for the airline."

Which is silly to say because the scope clause only applies to aircraft with more than 65 seats... Under 65 can have as many as they'd like.

If anything, Mesa A/C would be on the chopping block, as a result of missing their performance marks over the summer. In August AA cut Mesa's CPA by two because of performance, and I believe they just did another a a week or two ago.


Not quite true, AA does also have a scope clause for those under 65 seats. The total AA regional fleet cannot exceed 70% of the Mainline fleet
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
dstblj52
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:38 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:24 am

alasizon wrote:
n797mx wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
AA looking to cut back it’s regional jet fleet due to the MAX grounding’s effect on scope.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... -drags-on/


"What flights could be cancelled?

American is unlikely to cancel any feeder flights on its large regional jets, the Bombardier CRJ900s and E175s. These largely operate in markets with demand for both premium and economy products or — in other words — routes that are more financially lucrative for the airline."

Which is silly to say because the scope clause only applies to aircraft with more than 65 seats... Under 65 can have as many as they'd like.

If anything, Mesa A/C would be on the chopping block, as a result of missing their performance marks over the summer. In August AA cut Mesa's CPA by two because of performance, and I believe they just did another a a week or two ago.


Not quite true, AA does also have a scope clause for those under 65 seats. The total AA regional fleet cannot exceed 70% of the Mainline fleet

Its just a question of which number if any is going to miss, and does AA have the same clause as delta where they calculate regional aircraft in line equivalents? number of hours operated per day of mainline narrowbody fleet=1 rj operated per day
 
toltommy
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:04 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:06 am

UpNAWAy wrote:
The MAX is still on the Ops Spec and still maintained, I don't think there is any scope consideration. If anything the NEO slowdown maybe driving the 4 early retirements and if so that is the end of the story.


Reading is fundamental. According to the article, the Max falls under a "force manure" clause while not in actual operation. The clause expires after 15 months out of service.
A300/A310/A319/A320/A321/A332/A333 / 707/712/727/732/733/734/735/738/739/752/753
/762/763/764/772/788/789/DC8/DC9-10/30/40/50/MD81/83/87/88/90/L1011-/250/500/CRJ200/440 /700/900/EMB135/140/145/170/175/190/328Jet/F70/SF3/BE1/J31
 
User avatar
N62NA
Posts: 4476
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:05 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:49 am

toltommy wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:
The MAX is still on the Ops Spec and still maintained, I don't think there is any scope consideration. If anything the NEO slowdown maybe driving the 4 early retirements and if so that is the end of the story.


Reading is fundamental. According to the article, the Max falls under a "force manure" clause while not in actual operation. The clause expires after 15 months out of service.



"Manure" clause? LOL I know what you meant though.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:56 pm

PSA has received its thirteenth CR9 of the new batch. N613NN ferried YMX-DAY-CVG on 21 February 2020 for delivery. 67 x CR9 on property now at PSA.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N613NN
 
MLIAA
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 11:08 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:25 pm

Anyone have any details on E175 N285NN? It’s been in YUL since December 21st after a severe ground handling mishap. Is it being repaired? Re-winged? Re-engined? Recycled?
A319 A320 A321 A332 B712 B722 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B763 B764 B772 B788 B789 MD80 S340 E140 E145 E170 E175 E195 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos