Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
MLIAA
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 11:08 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:47 pm

I must be missing something here. Why would there be a stagger? Why 7 MCE rows on 1 side and 3 on the other and not 5 and 5 to mitigate this problem?
A319 A320 A321 A332 B712 B722 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B763 B764 B772 B788 B789 MD80 S340 E140 E145 E170 E175 E195 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9
 
flightsimer
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:30 am

alasizon wrote:
jmc1975 wrote:
Who the heck thought up this bonehead idea? So the E170 will have 50% more first class seats than a A319? Simply amazing. Just when we thought we saw it all in 2020....


To be fair, the 175 and most CR9s also have 12F so it isn't a first in that department. Every RJ with F has more F seats than a 319.

The severe stagger going on here though is insane and my rough off hand math says there will be a 6-7 inch gap between the last row of seats and the aft bulkhead on the left side while the right side is crammed in there. Oddly enough it also adds more weight to the right side of the plane on an already right side and tail heavy aircraft (the galleys weigh more than the lavs).

The last row was said internally to us that it would line up.

Also, left to right weight doesn’t matter whatsoever, it would never make a difference. Plus, the right side typically has less fuel in it by 100-200 lbs due to APU fuel burn. But either way, that’s what trim is for.

And I wouldn’t really call it a tail heavy aircraft either. For the most part, we don’t have weight and balance issues unless First is empty and baggage is light to nonexistent and the back is full and even then, in my experience that’s more of a 175 thing than 170.
Commercial / Airline Pilot
 
flightsimer
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:37 am

MLIAA wrote:
I must be missing something here. Why would there be a stagger? Why 7 MCE rows on 1 side and 3 on the other and not 5 and 5 to mitigate this problem?

65 seats minus 12 first leaves 53 seats. With rows of 4 seats, 13 rows gets you to 52 of 53, so you need one extra row of 2 seats (one of which will be blocked) to get you to 53 economy seats.

The easiest thing to do would have just been to do 9F/56Y. The easier thing would be to just make them 64 seaters and remove the half row completely
Commercial / Airline Pilot
 
mhkansan
Posts: 885
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:03 am

The 12F configuration makes it a little nicer for operational swaps. AA fills the first class cabin with upgrades 24 hours prior to departure in some cases. If your aircraft was operationally swapped to a 170, a 9F/56Y bird would've meant three upgrades that had cleared would have to be downgraded. Now it'll only be a matter of the total aircraft capacity.

This is also good for any customer who enjoys purchasing the load factor upgrades close to departure time. I bet they will always be available on this aircraft!
 
slowrambler
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:11 pm

They did "misaligned MCE" on the A332s before, no problems there as far as I know.
 
PSA727
Posts: 902
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:49 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:42 am

flightsimer wrote:
MLIAA wrote:
I must be missing something here. Why would there be a stagger? Why 7 MCE rows on 1 side and 3 on the other and not 5 and 5 to mitigate this problem?

65 seats minus 12 first leaves 53 seats. With rows of 4 seats, 13 rows gets you to 52 of 53, so you need one extra row of 2 seats (one of which will be blocked) to get you to 53 economy seats.

The easiest thing to do would have just been to do 9F/56Y. The easier thing would be to just make them 64 seaters and remove the half row completely


I agree completely. Having 9 F seats lines up with the CR7 (and which basically has the same capacity). And this would have allowed for a much bigger MCE section. Moreover, AA is trying to capture B6 fliers with this LGA/JFK venture. As far as I know, there is no plan to give B6's Mosaic FFers complimentary upgrades from coach. However, they will probably have access to the MCE section at the 24hr checkin window if their eventual plan is to give reciprocal benefits between the two airlines' elite FFers.

And if they really wanted to go with 12 F seats, then just sacrafice that one Y seat and go with 12F/52Y (and a large MCE section).
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!
 
alasizon
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:18 am

flightsimer wrote:
alasizon wrote:
jmc1975 wrote:
Who the heck thought up this bonehead idea? So the E170 will have 50% more first class seats than a A319? Simply amazing. Just when we thought we saw it all in 2020....


To be fair, the 175 and most CR9s also have 12F so it isn't a first in that department. Every RJ with F has more F seats than a 319.

The severe stagger going on here though is insane and my rough off hand math says there will be a 6-7 inch gap between the last row of seats and the aft bulkhead on the left side while the right side is crammed in there. Oddly enough it also adds more weight to the right side of the plane on an already right side and tail heavy aircraft (the galleys weigh more than the lavs).

The last row was said internally to us that it would line up.


Finally saw a copy of the LOPA - the rows do not line up at all. Even F is staggered by a few inches. Left side of the aircraft in regular Y also has an extra inch of pitch. The last row on the left is a good 12" away from the bulkhead.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
PSA727
Posts: 902
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:49 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:31 am

alasizon wrote:

Finally saw a copy of the LOPA - the rows do not line up at all. Even F is staggered by a few inches. Left side of the aircraft in regular Y also has an extra inch of pitch. The last row on the left is a good 12" away from the bulkhead.

That's really because doors 1 L/R on the E170 (and the E175 for that matter) are not aligned. The 1L door is further away from the cockpit than the 1R door. IIRC, on the DL configuration, the "extra gap" was behind the last row in F on the two-seat side. Then the rows in coach were aligned with each other. However, the staggered rows is not an issue in general IMO. It's the fact that one side will have 7 rows of MCE seats while the other side 3. One seat will be blocked from being sat in. And now, one side will have more seat pitch in reguler Y than the other.

Talk about taking a simple matter and effing it up in so many ways possible! :sarcastic:
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:02 pm

N295NN is en route as N449YX from MAO to FLL to SDF for delivery to Republic Airways.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N295NN
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N449YX
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:40 pm

E175 N294NN has a number change pending with the FAA to become N448YX with Republic Airways.
 
Coexstud
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: American Eagle's plan for the future.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:42 pm

gregn21 wrote:
I hope they have a plan to start operating their own equipment instead of hiring the likes of Skywest and Envoy. Also, I would assume that they will try to replace the larger CRJ's with E-175's.

Envoy is wholly owned by AA
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:15 pm

E175 N450YX is en route SJK-MAO-FLL-SDF for delivery to Republic Airways.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N450YX
 
flightsimer
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:20 am

jgcotter wrote:
E175 N450YX is en route SJK-MAO-FLL-SDF for delivery to Republic Airways.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N450YX

Both 449YX and 450YX were delivered to Republic Yesterday.
Commercial / Airline Pilot
 
OKCDCA
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:14 am

I noticed Skywest is running some CR9's out of PHX at the moment. Is this to make up for CR7's being down or is this new lift? Right now I see N896SK and N898SK operating flights. Are these in Skywest house paint?
 
MaxTrimm
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:43 am

OKCDCA wrote:
I noticed Skywest is running some CR9's out of PHX at the moment. Is this to make up for CR7's being down or is this new lift? Right now I see N896SK and N898SK operating flights. Are these in Skywest house paint?

Noticed that too. They have the Delta underbelly paint, but just navy blue tails minus the Delta widget. Really funny looking. Was wondering why those were hanging around
 
DiamondFlyer
Posts: 3487
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:46 am

OKCDCA wrote:
I noticed Skywest is running some CR9's out of PHX at the moment. Is this to make up for CR7's being down or is this new lift? Right now I see N896SK and N898SK operating flights. Are these in Skywest house paint?


IIRC, it's a short term stop gap to cover for CR7's. I'd assume they're in house paint, as those would have been formerly DL branded birds.
From my cold, dead hands
 
alasizon
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:56 am

MaxTrimm wrote:
OKCDCA wrote:
I noticed Skywest is running some CR9's out of PHX at the moment. Is this to make up for CR7's being down or is this new lift? Right now I see N896SK and N898SK operating flights. Are these in Skywest house paint?

Noticed that too. They have the Delta underbelly paint, but just navy blue tails minus the Delta widget. Really funny looking. Was wondering why those were hanging around


Spares to get the 700s much needed MX work - the 700s have been pushed non-stop since September and as such were carrying around a lot of extra deferrals and a large number have heavy checks coming up. SkyWest also operated with very few spares to start with compared to other carriers (for a while they were operating a 60 plane fleet with 2 spares). The 900s will be contained to PHX for the most part.

896-898 are in service with 899 eventually on its way. 896-898 had been doing charter work

MaxTrimm wrote:
OKCDCA wrote:
I noticed Skywest is running some CR9's out of PHX at the moment. Is this to make up for CR7's being down or is this new lift? Right now I see N896SK and N898SK operating flights. Are these in Skywest house paint?

Noticed that too. They have the Delta underbelly paint, but just navy blue tails minus the Delta widget. Really funny looking. Was wondering why those were hanging around


Tails are actually white minus the APU inlet, elevator area and the insides of the rudder.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:23 pm

E140 N825AE is en route from ABI to MZJ for retirement.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N825AE
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:57 pm

E175 N216NN ferried from AVW to ABI yesterday for conformity checks to enter revenue service with Envoy.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N216NN
 
mhkansan
Posts: 885
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:03 pm

jgcotter wrote:
E175 N216NN ferried from AVW to ABI yesterday for conformity checks to enter revenue service with Envoy.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N216NN


How many more ex-Compass 175s are left to come over to Envoy?
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:56 pm

mhkansan wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
E175 N216NN ferried from AVW to ABI yesterday for conformity checks to enter revenue service with Envoy.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N216NN


How many more ex-Compass 175s are left to come over to Envoy?

Just one; N219NN.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:39 pm

CR7 N709EV ferried from TUS to ROW last night for paint from Delta to American livery for SkyWest.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N709EV
Last edited by jgcotter on Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:48 pm

CR7 N724EV is en route from ROW to MLB following paint from Delta to American livery for SkyWest.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N724EV
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:07 pm

jgcotter wrote:
E175 N294NN has a number change pending with the FAA to become N448YX with Republic Airways.

E175 N294NN is officially flying as N448YX for Republic.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N448YX.
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10108268
 
GSTBA
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:20 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:13 pm

The first ex BA Cityflyer E170 (G-LCYE) has nearly completed its journey to MCN for maintainace prior to entering service with Envoy.

The aircraft that had been in stored in WAW since 7th May began its journey on 25th March flying from WAW to NWI. The aircraft remained on NWI until yesterday when it was flown to KEF where it overnighted before departing today on the routing KEF-YYR-BGR-NCN.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-lcye
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2208
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:58 pm

N870DC and N872DC are 2 former Dow Chemical Company CRJ700's that are parked at Skywest's Maintenance Ramp at SBN. These two aircraft are going to be prepped for American Eagle.
 
AZORMP
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:08 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:04 am

Food for thought:

Airline Geeks has an article out talking about Breeze routes and in the article there is a list of small city airport grant requests. One of them is from AZO, a request for $1 million for AZO-CLT.
Kalamazoo’s Radio Man

The RJ2 sucks.
 
arc727
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:35 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:28 am

freakyrat wrote:
N870DC and N872DC are 2 former Dow Chemical Company CRJ700's that are parked at Skywest's Maintenance Ramp at SBN. These two aircraft are going to be prepped for American Eagle.


I've also seen where an ex-DL plane (N374CA) and 3 ex-AA ExpressJet planes (N716EV, N717EV, N738EV) are now in service as American Eagle.

IIRC, SkyWest is supposed to be at 90 CRJ-700s flying under the American Eagle banner by the end of the year.
 
UA748i
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:03 am

GSTBA wrote:
The first ex BA Cityflyer E170 (G-LCYE) has nearly completed its journey to MCN for maintainace prior to entering service with Envoy.

The aircraft that had been in stored in WAW since 7th May began its journey on 25th March flying from WAW to NWI. The aircraft remained on NWI until yesterday when it was flown to KEF where it overnighted before departing today on the routing KEF-YYR-BGR-NCN.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-lcye


Does anyone know what the Reg# of the E170s will be?
 
alasizon
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:40 am

arc727 wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
N870DC and N872DC are 2 former Dow Chemical Company CRJ700's that are parked at Skywest's Maintenance Ramp at SBN. These two aircraft are going to be prepped for American Eagle.


I've also seen where an ex-DL plane (N374CA) and 3 ex-AA ExpressJet planes (N716EV, N717EV, N738EV) are now in service as American Eagle.

IIRC, SkyWest is supposed to be at 90 CRJ-700s flying under the American Eagle banner by the end of the year.


All of the ex-EV CR7s are at OO operating for AA, it isn't just 716, 717 and 738.

SkyWest is also sourcing 10 CR7s from France (ex-HOP! birds I believe). Most, if not all, should already be stateside going through conformity checks.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
GVZZZ
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:21 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:55 am

alasizon wrote:
arc727 wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
N870DC and N872DC are 2 former Dow Chemical Company CRJ700's that are parked at Skywest's Maintenance Ramp at SBN. These two aircraft are going to be prepped for American Eagle.


I've also seen where an ex-DL plane (N374CA) and 3 ex-AA ExpressJet planes (N716EV, N717EV, N738EV) are now in service as American Eagle.

IIRC, SkyWest is supposed to be at 90 CRJ-700s flying under the American Eagle banner by the end of the year.


All of the ex-EV CR7s are at OO operating for AA, it isn't just 716, 717 and 738.

SkyWest is also sourcing 10 CR7s from France (ex-HOP! birds I believe). Most, if not all, should already be stateside going through conformity checks.

I believe the first two are in Tucson, F-GRZF & G (N681/2SK)
F-GRZK is making its way across the Atlantic now.
The remainder are still with Hop and all active in the last few days (F-GRZE/H/I/J/L/M/N/O)
That adds up to eleven however so I assume Skywest aren't getting one of them, and I'd guess on 'ZE based purely on age.
My guess on the next one to cross is F-GRZN, guess based solely on the fact it went to the old Brit'air maintenance base at Morlaix at the weekend.
 
GVZZZ
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:21 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:59 am

I also don't think *all* the EV CR7s are now with Skywest/Eagle.

At TUS should be 708, 712, 713, 720 and 723.
Al MLB should be 718 and 719. Both these ferried from TUS over the turn of the year.

Interesting that quite a lot of these EVs were planned for CRJ-550 conversion and has reserved registrations for GoJet (United Express).
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:46 pm

UA748i wrote:
GSTBA wrote:
The first ex BA Cityflyer E170 (G-LCYE) has nearly completed its journey to MCN for maintainace prior to entering service with Envoy.

The aircraft that had been in stored in WAW since 7th May began its journey on 25th March flying from WAW to NWI. The aircraft remained on NWI until yesterday when it was flown to KEF where it overnighted before departing today on the routing KEF-YYR-BGR-NCN.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-lcye


Does anyone know what the Reg# of the E170s will be?

It would be nice if they circled back and used 294-297, 301 and 303 for the 170s to keep it sequential, but who knows?
 
UA748i
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:17 pm

jgcotter wrote:
UA748i wrote:
GSTBA wrote:
The first ex BA Cityflyer E170 (G-LCYE) has nearly completed its journey to MCN for maintainace prior to entering service with Envoy.

The aircraft that had been in stored in WAW since 7th May began its journey on 25th March flying from WAW to NWI. The aircraft remained on NWI until yesterday when it was flown to KEF where it overnighted before departing today on the routing KEF-YYR-BGR-NCN.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-lcye


Does anyone know what the Reg# of the E170s will be?

It would be nice if they circled back and used 294-297, 301 and 303 for the 170s to keep it sequential, but who knows?


The OCD person inside me would like that. I hate how they busted the numerical sequence, only to not use those numbers in the end.

We'll see. Im sure those tail numbers are still reserved by AAG.
 
mhkansan
Posts: 885
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:28 am

They could recycle 700-series numbers last used with the E-135s. 700-705 would make some sense.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:25 pm

E175 N219NN ferried from AVW to ABI yesterday for conformity checks to enter revenue service with Envoy.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N219NN
 
rbavfan
Posts: 3737
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:53 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:22 am

JohanTally wrote:
eugdjinn wrote:
It will be interesting to see if AAG (American Airlines Group) can get their hands on more 170s cheaply, there seem to be a number parked or in use all over the world, including in the hands of OneWorld partners like JAL.

SkyWest has done a rather extraordinary job locking up the world's supply of CRJ700 frames as they come on the market, making them the go-to place for 700 lift, and making it less likely that PSA will be able to grow that fleet.

As long as the AA scope clause allows 65 seat jets to replace 44 and 50 seat aircraft one for one, these will be hot commodities. The 145s are getting tired.


Maybe at some point Piedmont could operate the 170s because as you said the 145s are getting tired and EN rarely gets anything but secondhand birds. A new order is unlikely and without another option EN will no longer be an airline just a ground support company.


Envoy is EQ not EN.
 
UA748i
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:59 am

rbavfan wrote:
JohanTally wrote:
eugdjinn wrote:
It will be interesting to see if AAG (American Airlines Group) can get their hands on more 170s cheaply, there seem to be a number parked or in use all over the world, including in the hands of OneWorld partners like JAL.

SkyWest has done a rather extraordinary job locking up the world's supply of CRJ700 frames as they come on the market, making them the go-to place for 700 lift, and making it less likely that PSA will be able to grow that fleet.

As long as the AA scope clause allows 65 seat jets to replace 44 and 50 seat aircraft one for one, these will be hot commodities. The 145s are getting tired.


Maybe at some point Piedmont could operate the 170s because as you said the 145s are getting tired and EN rarely gets anything but secondhand birds. A new order is unlikely and without another option EN will no longer be an airline just a ground support company.


Envoy is EQ not EN.


Envoy is MQ, not EQ.
 
alasizon
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:38 pm

UA748i wrote:
rbavfan wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

Maybe at some point Piedmont could operate the 170s because as you said the 145s are getting tired and EN rarely gets anything but secondhand birds. A new order is unlikely and without another option EN will no longer be an airline just a ground support company.


Envoy is EQ not EN.


Envoy is MQ, not EQ.


To add to that, EN is Piedmont who is being discussed.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
AAtakeMeAway
Posts: 495
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:59 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:10 pm

alasizon wrote:
UA748i wrote:
rbavfan wrote:

Envoy is EQ not EN.


Envoy is MQ, not EQ.


To add to that, EN is Piedmont who is being discussed.


I'm so confused. I thought Envoy = MQ and Piedmont = PT
 
JoseSalazar
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:38 pm

alasizon wrote:
UA748i wrote:
rbavfan wrote:

Envoy is EQ not EN.


Envoy is MQ, not EQ.


To add to that, EN is Piedmont who is being discussed.

EN is Air Dolomiti according to this https://airlinecodes.info/EN
 
JohanTally
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:44 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:06 pm

AAtakeMeAway wrote:
alasizon wrote:
UA748i wrote:

Envoy is MQ, not EQ.


To add to that, EN is Piedmont who is being discussed.


I'm so confused. I thought Envoy = MQ and Piedmont = PT


PT is the IATA code and I'm not sure exactly if they use EN anymore but I know the Piedmont DH8-3s ended in EN while the ex-Henson DH8-1s typically ended in HA. Piedmont employees have typically used EN for their airline code in all employee portals until the AA merger was fully integrated.
 
jmc1975
Posts: 3100
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2000 10:57 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:09 am

jgcotter wrote:
UA748i wrote:
GSTBA wrote:
The first ex BA Cityflyer E170 (G-LCYE) has nearly completed its journey to MCN for maintainace prior to entering service with Envoy.

The aircraft that had been in stored in WAW since 7th May began its journey on 25th March flying from WAW to NWI. The aircraft remained on NWI until yesterday when it was flown to KEF where it overnighted before departing today on the routing KEF-YYR-BGR-NCN.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-lcye


Does anyone know what the Reg# of the E170s will be?

It would be nice if they circled back and used 294-297, 301 and 303 for the 170s to keep it sequential, but who knows?

Any circling back requires the approval of Jen Psaki. ;)
.......
 
alasizon
Posts: 2847
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:07 am

JohanTally wrote:
AAtakeMeAway wrote:
alasizon wrote:

To add to that, EN is Piedmont who is being discussed.


I'm so confused. I thought Envoy = MQ and Piedmont = PT


PT is the IATA code and I'm not sure exactly if they use EN anymore but I know the Piedmont DH8-3s ended in EN while the ex-Henson DH8-1s typically ended in HA. Piedmont employees have typically used EN for their airline code in all employee portals until the AA merger was fully integrated.


Internally, Piedmont still uses EN for most things that aren't actual flight related. Just as PSA uses PS and OH.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:48 am

UA748i wrote:
rbavfan wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

Maybe at some point Piedmont could operate the 170s because as you said the 145s are getting tired and EN rarely gets anything but secondhand birds. A new order is unlikely and without another option EN will no longer be an airline just a ground support company.


Envoy is EQ not EN.


Envoy is MQ, not EQ.

Piedmont will likely keep flying 145's until American decides to retire them. Same for PSA and the CRJ's, both fleets are getting old. As time goes and aircraft age out, I bet both operations get folded or merged. No need to start entirely new programs for either.
 
Chuska
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:03 pm

OKCDCA wrote:
I noticed Skywest is running some CR9's out of PHX at the moment. Is this to make up for CR7's being down or is this new lift? Right now I see N896SK and N898SK operating flights. Are these in Skywest house paint?

These are the same CR9s used for US* prior to the US/AA merger as well as 897 and 899.
 
gdavis003
Posts: 863
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:24 pm

Chuska wrote:
OKCDCA wrote:
I noticed Skywest is running some CR9's out of PHX at the moment. Is this to make up for CR7's being down or is this new lift? Right now I see N896SK and N898SK operating flights. Are these in Skywest house paint?

These are the same CR9s used for US* prior to the US/AA merger as well as 897 and 899.


The last time I saw pictures of 896, 897, 898, they were in a partial DL Connection livery. They operated college basketball charters this season for OO. Still with a blue DL belly, but everything else was white, for the most part. I actually wonder what the interior is on these three.
 
crj900lr
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:44 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:26 am

FlyingElvii wrote:
UA748i wrote:
rbavfan wrote:

Envoy is EQ not EN.


Envoy is MQ, not EQ.

Piedmont will likely keep flying 145's until American decides to retire them. Same for PSA and the CRJ's, both fleets are getting old. As time goes and aircraft age out, I bet both operations get folded or merged. No need to start entirely new programs for either.



Piedmont I believe will eventually get the 175's as I thought that originally was the plan. AA decided to take Envoy 145's and put them at Piedmont to replace the Dash-8 and for the time being put all the 175's at Envoy. In the meantime PSA got second hand Envoy CRJ-700's along with New CRJ-900's while getting rid of the CRJ-200. I believe you will see Envoy and Piedmont either merge or once again AA will take some 175's from Envoy and place them at Piedmont for when the 145's get retired. All 3 of them are at the mercy of AA and the decisions they make.
 
amcnd
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:19 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:50 am

gdavis003 wrote:
Chuska wrote:
OKCDCA wrote:
I noticed Skywest is running some CR9's out of PHX at the moment. Is this to make up for CR7's being down or is this new lift? Right now I see N896SK and N898SK operating flights. Are these in Skywest house paint?

These are the same CR9s used for US* prior to the US/AA merger as well as 897 and 899.


The last time I saw pictures of 896, 897, 898, they were in a partial DL Connection livery. They operated college basketball charters this season for OO. Still with a blue DL belly, but everything else was white, for the most part. I actually wonder what the interior is on these three.



70 seat configuration. Just like a OO 700’s. But with a gap in the back.
 
gdavis003
Posts: 863
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: American Eagle News and Discussion Thread

Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:48 am

amcnd wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
Chuska wrote:
These are the same CR9s used for US* prior to the US/AA merger as well as 897 and 899.


The last time I saw pictures of 896, 897, 898, they were in a partial DL Connection livery. They operated college basketball charters this season for OO. Still with a blue DL belly, but everything else was white, for the most part. I actually wonder what the interior is on these three.



70 seat configuration. Just like a OO 700’s. But with a gap in the back.


Did they leave the DL branded seats in?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 817Dreamliiner, a350lover, Aquila3, autopiloton, casperCA, FlyingHonu001, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hongming, JayinKitsap, kyrone, LTU1011, luisjumper, nicode, OAHU747, rhysflies, runway24r, sassiciai, sfojvjets, Toenga, tvh, UA929 and 315 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos