knope2001

Re: OAG Changes 8/13/2017:DL Closes YQB; UA Adds CKB-IAD/ORD; HU Adds JFK-CTU; AM Adds SLC-GDL

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:15 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
I thought PenAir was retaining the PDX-CEC route. Apparently, not.

I believe the initial announcement was that just the unsubsidized Portland service was ending virtually immediately (8/7). At that point they had not made any announcements on their EAS contracts. Not longer after they announced all their EAS flying in the lower 48 outside of Boston was being terminated as soon as the DoT lets them.

Airnerd

Re: OAG Changes 8/13/2017:DL Closes YQB; UA Adds CKB-IAD/ORD; HU Adds JFK-CTU; AM Adds SLC-GDL

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:30 pm

PenAir customer service told me a couple of days ago they plan to operate CEC through Nov. 7. But of course, that could change.

jetbluefan1

Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:41 pm

tlecam wrote:
Enilria wrote:
DL LAX-BOS JAN 3>1.5 FEB 3>1.6

First time DL has run more than 1x daily between BOS and LAX in the winter.

DL will still place behind AA (6x), B6 (4x), and essentially tie with VX in Winter 2018. Tied for third doesn't exactly sound profitable, but it may be sufficient to maintain certain corporate contracts. Let's see how this plays out with AA and B6 adding new capacity too.

tlecam wrote:
Vctony wrote:
tlecam wrote:

First time DL has run more than 1x daily between BOS and LAX in the winter.

For a "hub - hub" route, DL is really a bit player with less than 2 daily.

Agreed. This summer, UA is 2x, VX, B6 and DL are all 3x and AA is 5x. A lot of capacity on a re;actively low yielding route. I think DL keeps enough to satisfy corporate contracts.

:checkmark:

Although, B6 seems to be making money hand over fist selling Mint on BOS-LAX. The cabin is constantly sold out or selling at walk-up prices of $1099. Pretty dumbfounding that no other competitor has added a lie-flat product to this market, especially while BOS-SFO has 3 different lie-flat options...

aemoreira1981

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:38 am

Also of note: Select MIA-LGA flights are being shifted to the MAX 8, which will be the first route for AA using that aircraft.

slcdeltarumd11

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07 am

I wonder is AM on SLC-GDL in addition to Delta or is this replacing? Delta flies an EMB-175 right now on this route. Route seems full this summer for Delta.

c933103

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:15 am

Bricktop wrote:
c933103 wrote:
From http://www.hnair.com/adnews/internation ... rnd-r2-0-0 HU will use "B787-800"[sic.] to fly CTU-JFK-CTU.. 788 actually have enough rannge for this?

Good question. I think the longest 788 flight into JFK is HY from Tashkent, which isn't nearly as long.

From Routesonline http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/274174/hainan-airlines-plans-chengdu-new-york-launch-in-oct-2017/

HU7915 CTU2200 – 2350JFK 789 26
HU7916 JFK0150 – 0555+1CTU 789 37

but http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/273256/hainan-plans-chongqing-new-york-oct-2017-launch/ seems to be a B788

HU415 CKG2200 – 2350JFK 787 35
HU416 JFK0150 – 0635+1CKG 787 46

Seems like AM flew PVG-MEX nonstop [unidirection]
When no other countries around the world is going to militarily stop China and its subordinate fom abusing its citizens within its national boundary, it is unreasonable to expect those abuse can be countered with purely peaceful means.

ROCDLFAN

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:28 pm

rocANDtpa wrote:
ROCDLFAN wrote:
rocANDtpa wrote:
Didn't see this mentioned however there are changes for AA in December at ROC:

ROC-CLT goes from 3 daily to 4 daily. This results in the loss of mainline however going from 2 A319 and 1 CR9 to 4 CR9.

ROC-PHL gets 2 two class jets for the first time in a while with 2 175.

While the loss of mainline isn't good this change means more first class seats with CR9 and 175s having 12 seats versus 8 in a A319. There is also more frequency to CLT.

Don't count on the loss of mainline being long term, simply seasonal adjustments. Similar to what UA does in ROC around then. PHL has been planned for a while as far as introducing 2 class.

That's all good to hear. I work for Envoy part time at ROC. I headed rumors that the former US Airways and now American employees were leaving ROC and the station would go all Envoy. I guess mainline leaving and this rumor are unrelated.

There's still 3 years to go on that contract I think, and believe me, no one up there is budging until they absolutley have to.
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

Dominion301

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Thenoflyzone wrote:
24Whiskey wrote:
Was YQB served by CR2 mostly? I've been into there in the 9 a handful of times but I wonder if it's a casualty of the NYC upgauge.

Currently it's a CRJ2. The route started back in 2013 with 2x daily service on 50 seater as well. The odd upgauge was more than likely, but nothing permanent I think.

MIflyer12 wrote:

Looking at flightstats.com for the new few days, the totality of YQB-NYC service is 1x DL CR2 to JFK, and 2x UA E145 to EWR.

Back in summer of 2013, YQB had 4 daily UA flights to EWR, and 2x daily to JFK. This summer, it was down to just 2x daily EWR service and 1x daily JFK, as you said. Next summer, only 2x daily EWR will be left. Quite the dowgauge on YQB-NYC. Here's hoping UA picks up the slack and returns to 3 or 4x daily on the route.

Yep US airline consolidation has majorly hurt transborder service out of all the major non-hub airports in Canada and a lot of the secondary airports like YYT, YKF, YXU etc. have completely lost all transborder service, save for seasonals to Florida...none of which are on US carriers.

For example:
YOW is now handling fewer transborder pax than at any point in the past 20 years.
YEG's transborder traffic fell by a whopping 22.5% in June.
YYT went from daily mainline CO/UA service in summer / E145 or E170 in winter to EWR to nothing. How do you go from mainline to nothing?

It's not like the demand isn't there, as overall traffic at most Canadian airports continues to increase, but when you couple often ridiculous fares with huge capacity cuts, this is the result. I just don't get the US3's abandonment of transborder services. You'd think the fares being charged would be producing huge margins for them. It's a real head scratcher as to why they're handing so much transborder traffic to AC's & WS' hubs instead of taking the traffic for themselves...today's WS YYC-DEN announcement being a case in point.

MIflyer12

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
I just don't get the US3's abandonment of transborder services. You'd think the fares being charged would be producing huge margins for them. It's a real head scratcher as to why they're handing so much transborder traffic to AC's & WS' hubs instead of taking the traffic for themselves...today's WS YYC-DEN announcement being a case in point.

I do: U.S. carriers' costs are in $US while Canada-originating revenues are in $CDN; many fewer small planes among the express fleets of DL/UA/AA than a few years ago.

AC can fly YYT-EWR if it wants to. Apparently it doesn't. I don't fault UA for not flying it, either.

Dominion301

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:30 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
I just don't get the US3's abandonment of transborder services. You'd think the fares being charged would be producing huge margins for them. It's a real head scratcher as to why they're handing so much transborder traffic to AC's & WS' hubs instead of taking the traffic for themselves...today's WS YYC-DEN announcement being a case in point.

I do: U.S. carriers' costs are in $US while Canada-originating revenues are in $CDN; many fewer small planes among the express fleets of DL/UA/AA than a few years ago.

AC can fly YYT-EWR if it wants to. Apparently it doesn't. I don't fault UA for not flying it, either.

The disappearance of the 50 seaters from US fleets, along with (apart from AS) nonexistent Q400 fleets, explains a lot of it, but the 75-80 cent Canadian dollar doesn't. If you strip away Florida, transborder point-of-sale favours Canadian origin by about a 60-40 split.Airline consolidation in the US has led to sky-high transborder fares...which is puzzling as to why they continue to withdraw services if the yield at first glance is sky high.

All I'm saying is going from mainline on YYT-EWR to nothing doesn't mean demand for the service suddenly completely disappeared.

phxsanslcpdx

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:06 pm

While I agree that the exchange rate is the big driver in the decline in US-based airlines serving US-Canada routes, I think the effects of the post-9/11 passport requirements are still being felt, too. There's still a big chunk of the American population without passports, or with only passport cards. And that downward pressure on US-originating demand is another factor limiting the success of US airlines on those routes.

continental004

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Not enough connecting traffic from YQB to Europe? How many non-Star connecting options are left from YQB to Europe?

AirFiero

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:01 pm

*WN SEA-SJC JAN 3>4 FEB 1.7>4

I'm curious why you have this starred?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos