Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LTenEleven
Topic Author

Ryanair Summer 2018 Routes News & Base Openings

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Ryanair is expected to start making the first announcements regarding its 2018 summer schedule over the next weeks. As in previous years, this will be progressively rolled out over a few months with press releases for most bases (and seats going on sale in bigger chunks). There will no doubt be a few winning and losing airports, along with some new bases. Some things to think about:

Is there potential for even more growth in Spain or is it close to being maxed out by local hotel capacity?

How are connecting flights doing? Will this start resulting in some structural change to how Ryanair plans growth?

How will Ryanair continue to fight Wizz Air in Central and Eastern Europe? Wizz Air does a lot of things right (very local marketing, local crews) and is using bigger A321s to its benefit where necessary. I have heard many passengers prefer Ryanair because of hand luggage but that advantage disappears with the coming winter schedule.

Where next in Germany: some routes to Düsseldorf or Munich? A Dortmund base? Even more planes for Frankfurt?

Developing more than a token presence in Switzerland?

Another try in Ukraine?

More growth in Israel?

Entering the Georgian market?

gravytrain

Re: Ryanair Summer 2018 Routes News & Base Openings

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Be interesting in Scotland.

APD is being halved next year, but you also have Brexit looming over. Additionally, to see if APD being cut does anything for PIK.

LTenEleven
Topic Author

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:57 pm

Ryanair is now #1 at PMI having overtaken Air Berlin/Niki:
http://www.mallorcazeitung.es/unterwegs ... 53414.html

PatrickZ80

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:59 pm

LTenEleven wrote:
Where next in Germany: some routes to Düsseldorf or Munich? A Dortmund base? Even more planes for Frankfurt?

For Düsseldorf and Munich they both got an alternative airport (Weeze and Memmingen), so I don't expect to see them at the main airports there. However it's not impossible. They also started Frankfurt next to Hahn, so why not start Munich next to Memmingen and Dusseldorf next to Weeze?

A Dortmund base is also possible since Dortmund covers the Ruhrgebiet area very well.

I can also see them growing in Italy somewhat. Alitalia is about to collapse and if it goes they're aiming at market share.

For sure there won't be any Ryanair growth in the Netherlands. Michael O'Leary already said he was angry with the Dutch government because he couldn't get any more slots at Amsterdam and Eindhoven. They've all gone to other airlines. Ryanair was forced to scrap some already announced routes from Eindhoven and move others to Weeze. No new destinations from either of those airports.

TheGeordielad

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:06 pm

Unlikely to try Ukraine for summer 18 but possibly winter 18 or summer 19.
Israel seems like it's doing well for Ryanair so why not.
I do believe that they will close the Glasgow prestwick base and move all services to Glasgow international

LTenEleven
Topic Author

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:36 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
LTenEleven wrote:
For sure there won't be any Ryanair growth in the Netherlands. Michael O'Leary already said he was angry with the Dutch government because he couldn't get any more slots at Amsterdam and Eindhoven. They've all gone to other airlines. Ryanair was forced to scrap some already announced routes from Eindhoven and move others to Weeze. No new destinations from either of those airports.

Eindhoven is the fairly comfortable position of having a balanced set of carriers, unlike other airports like DTM, NRN and HHN. At the same time, the slot issue is a real constraint and I am not sure the Schiphol-Eindhoven-Lelystad management situation benefits anyone.

DutchyWilliam

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:20 pm

I highly doubt O'Leary's statement regarding the lack of slots at EIN, as the routes that were announced earlier were available at Ryanair's website already, something I can't imagine happening when slots aren't already in posesion.
Furthermore, other carriers seem to be able to get new slots, so something in me tells me his statement is more of a cover up of badly booked routes, a fact he doesn't like to admit to.

Jerry123

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:21 pm

Hoping they'll open up a base at Cardiff. They have 2 routes Faro and Tenerife at the moment. I could see a 1 aircraft base like Bournemouth working well with a couple of non based flights thrown in as well. If they don't base I'd hope they'd add some more routes Gran Canaria, Girona and Krakow would be great routes to have and are uncovered by a LCC at the moment.

LTenEleven
Topic Author

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:29 pm

DutchyWilliam wrote:
I highly doubt O'Leary's statement regarding the lack of slots at EIN, as the routes that were announced earlier were available at Ryanair's website already, something I can't imagine happening when slots aren't already in posesion.
Furthermore, other carriers seem to be able to get new slots, so something in me tells me his statement is more of a cover up of badly booked routes, a fact he doesn't like to admit to.

My money would be an airport charges/growth incentive disagreement.

gravytrain

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:32 pm

TheGeordielad wrote:
Unlikely to try Ukraine for summer 18 but possibly winter 18 or summer 19.
Israel seems like it's doing well for Ryanair so why not.
I do believe that they will close the Glasgow prestwick base and move all services to Glasgow international

Is this insider info?

CRJ900

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:42 pm

LTenEleven wrote:
PatrickZ80 wrote:
LTenEleven wrote:

Eindhoven is the fairly comfortable position of having a balanced set of carriers, unlike other airports like DTM, NRN and HHN. At the same time, the slot issue is a real constraint and I am not sure the Schiphol-Eindhoven-Lelystad management situation benefits anyone.

Why don't they try Rotterdam airport?
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me

DutchyWilliam

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:15 pm

CRJ900 wrote:
LTenEleven wrote:
PatrickZ80 wrote:

Why don't they try Rotterdam airport?

I believe Rotterdam has even less slots available...

PatrickZ80

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 am

DutchyWilliam wrote:

Very true. Almost none of the Dutch airports got slots available. Only ones with plenty of capacity are Maastricht and Groningen, but they're far out of the way. Ryanair has limited presence in Maastricht and has served Groningen for a short while in the past but not anymore. Those airports aren't performing too good, there's too little demand from there.

TheGeordielad

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:59 am

Jerry123 wrote:
Hoping they'll open up a base at Cardiff. They have 2 routes Faro and Tenerife at the moment. I could see a 1 aircraft base like Bournemouth working well with a couple of non based flights thrown in as well. If they don't base I'd hope they'd add some more routes Gran Canaria, Girona and Krakow would be great routes to have and are uncovered by a LCC at the moment.

Ryanair already has a base at Bournemouth and Unlikely Cardiff will get a base due to a fairly large Ryanair base at Bristol.

QuawerAir

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:27 am

In 2015, Ryanair planned to start flights to Helsinki. Hopefully the carrier will do that within next few years.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.

Cunard

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:33 am

TheGeordielad wrote:
Jerry123 wrote:

Ryanair already has a base at Bournemouth and Unlikely Cardiff will get a base due to a fairly large Ryanair base at Bristol.

The poster was pointing out that he could see a 1 aircraft base 'like' Bournemouth working well, as in for Cardiff! It's apparent that he is aware of Ryanair already having a base at Bournemouth.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

Jerry123

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:25 pm

TheGeordielad wrote:
Jerry123 wrote:

Then why are Ryanair already flying to Cardiff? Just because they have a base at Bristol doesn't mean they won't base at Cardiff.

FlyRow

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Will LEY be a thing in the future?
F70-F100-RJ85-RJ70-E190-319-320-321-733-734-735-737-738-752-753-763-764-772-744-380

DutchyWilliam

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:21 pm

[*]
FlyRow wrote:

O'Leary has already said he is interested in the airport, though (again) the strict Dutch rules regarding available slots is as a thorn in the eye for them.

SCQ83

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Ryanair mentioned recently they wanted to expand in Northern Spain and Southern Italy.

For instance they seem to be looking for some money to base a 2nd aircraft in SCQ and open a bunch of new routes.

A place like NAP where they have recently entered in quite an aggresive way seems the kind of place they could add more odd routes.

I wonder why they don't fly to more Greek islands, specially internationally. Another blank spot is the Balkans where Ryanair has little presence. They could easily open a base in a place like LJU and open new markets.

PatrickZ80

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:50 pm

FlyRow wrote:

Certainly, if they can get slots. However the problem with Lelystad is that the airport isn't even open yet and it's already too small. According to the current plans, at the time of opening it allows for 6 or 7 flights a day. That's nothing, that's a joke. Ryanair needs far more than that. I hope they get it. Lelystad is my local airport, I live only about 20 kilometers away so that would make it very easy for me to grab a flight any time I like.

SCQ83 wrote:
Another blank spot is the Balkans where Ryanair has little presence. They could easily open a base in a place like LJU and open new markets.

Don't forget Wizzair has a very strong presence at the Balkans so it'll be hard to conquer. It's easier to grow at routes that are not yet covered by their direct competitors.

Andy33

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:09 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
I wonder why they don't fly to more Greek islands, specially internationally.

Ryanair's business model values incentive payments from airports, tourist boards, regional councils etc. There's precious little money available in cash-strapped Greece to make these payments. Indeed they withdrew entirely from the major tourist island of Kos for this year when the incentive agreement ran out and there was no money to renew it. Greece is also a long way from the main sources of international traffic in Northern Europe, so planes are tied up for between 8 and 10 hours on a round trip, they prefer shorter routes if they can find them.

PatrickZ80

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Andy33 wrote:
Ryanair's business model values incentive payments from airports, tourist boards, regional councils etc. There's precious little money available in cash-strapped Greece to make these payments. Indeed they withdrew entirely from the major tourist island of Kos for this year when the incentive agreement ran out and there was no money to renew it. Greece is also a long way from the main sources of international traffic in Northern Europe, so planes are tied up for between 8 and 10 hours on a round trip, they prefer shorter routes if they can find them.

However they do fly to a lot of Spanish holiday destinations including the Canary islands which are mostly further than the Greek islands. Of course there's a difference, Spain (specially the Spanish holiday destinations) has money to spend to attract tourists. Greece doesn't.

Speaking of the Canaries, why don't they fly between the islands and become competition for Binter? That would be a goldmine for them. Nice short hops that don't cost very much and plenty of demand I guess.

I can also see them grow a bit in Castellon, they're one of the few airlines serving this former ghost airport. I've been in Castellon a few years ago and it sure has potential for tourism.

LupineChemist

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:44 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
Andy33 wrote:

However they do fly to a lot of Spanish holiday destinations including the Canary islands which are mostly further than the Greek islands. Of course there's a difference, Spain (specially the Spanish holiday destinations) has money to spend to attract tourists. Greece doesn't.

Speaking of the Canaries, why don't they fly between the islands and become competition for Binter? That would be a goldmine for them. Nice short hops that don't cost very much and plenty of demand I guess.

I can also see them grow a bit in Castellon, they're one of the few airlines serving this former ghost airport. I've been in Castellon a few years ago and it sure has potential for tourism.

Aren't the inter Canary routes PSA services? I don't think FR really wants to get into that business.

I also agree with you from Castellón.

The one thing everyone seems to forget about in Spain, though is demand originating in Spain. As the Spanish economy is improving, lots more people want to travel leaving from Spain, too. So I'd say continued growth in MAD/BCN as well as moving into Basque Country at BIO, EAS or even VIT. There's a lot of money there with relatively poor service. EAS could be a gold mine for demand in both directions as a tourist destination in itself.

lavalampluva

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Seems to me that there is far more competition in Europe. Every city is a hub for some airline.
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.

JoKeR

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:44 pm

INI seems to be going well for them - maybe a base there could materialize in the near future, though they are sorely missed at BEG!

Humberside

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:53 pm

LTenEleven wrote:
Eindhoven is the fairly comfortable position of having a balanced set of carriers, unlike other airports like DTM,

DTM has a fairly balanced set of airlines. Wizz Air have a large presence (including more destinations than FR), Eurowings have a small base and they also have service from EasyJet and Germania
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

Draken21fx

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:09 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
Andy33 wrote:

Pretty much everywhere these days in Southern Europe they have 100%+ occupancy due to the developments in Turkey, Middle East etc so advertising is not needed much.

In regards to Greece and specifically Kos lets not forget that the government was forced to sell the regional airports to Fraport. I suspect that when the next deals expires Ryan might be moving away from more Greek destinations.

There is a huge difference between Costa del Sol and the Canaries to Greece and that is not advertising. Spaniards are much more professional and have massive hotel complexes on the sand...Greece still lacks (thankfully for some). As an example only TFS has the combined arrivals of roughly SKG and HER (the second and third biggest Greek airports).

Correct me if I am wrong but last time I was in the Canaries Binter was flying ATRs which are 1/3 of the size of a 738 of Ryan...Also the flights themselves are so short that they will be killing any jet. I see business cases for Ryan to be buying smaller prop planes and Canaries is one of them (will never happen I suspect). At the moment I think they will find it hard to compete with smaller cheaper planes.

lavalampluva wrote:
Seems to me that there is far more competition in Europe. Every city is a hub for some airline.

Never flown domestically in the US but I have to admit that the situation is improving massively the past few years although in Europe especially in the summer you see a distinct movement South<->North and vice versa. It is impossible as an example to fly from a secondary Portuguese or Spanish airport to a Greek island or Cyprus as those countries offer exactly the same product, and in the winter time the traffic does not justify it.

Also bear in mind that Europe is much much smaller. Usually if you are located somewhere on mainland 2,5h are enough to reach any destination.

As for the future of Ryan...I predict Balkans, Ukraine and the rest of ex-USSR states and I do not know why they dont explore Russia as well. There is a massive touristic movement from there to warm destinations in Europe. I know that Easy tried and failed but I still see some potential.

hispanola

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:01 pm

LupineChemist wrote:
PatrickZ80 wrote:
Andy33 wrote:

Aren't the inter Canary routes PSA services? I don't think FR really wants to get into that business.

I also agree with you from Castellón.

The one thing everyone seems to forget about in Spain, though is demand originating in Spain. As the Spanish economy is improving, lots more people want to travel leaving from Spain, too. So I'd say continued growth in MAD/BCN as well as moving into Basque Country at BIO, EAS or even VIT. There's a lot of money there with relatively poor service. EAS could be a gold mine for demand in both directions as a tourist destination in itself.

Ryanair pulled out of BIO a few years ago, but they just started flying out of VIT to BGY and TFS, with new routes to SVQ and CGN beginning this fall. I think their Basque airport will be VIT, kind of like how HHN was their only Frankfurt airport. When they first sold tickets out of VIT the airport was labeled "Vitoria-Bilbao" on the FR website. This changed when locals complained.

EAS is very unlikely since the runway is being shortened there.
✈️

Cunard

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:29 pm

Why is the runway at EAS being shortened?
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

PatrickZ80

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:04 am

Draken21fx wrote:
As for the future of Ryan...I predict Balkans, Ukraine and the rest of ex-USSR states and I do not know why they dont explore Russia as well. There is a massive touristic movement from there to warm destinations in Europe. I know that Easy tried and failed but I still see some potential.

About Russia we can be very short, they got no rights to fly there. Russia is not part of the Single European Skies agreement and to make things even harder the Russians only accept European airlines to fly from Russia from their home country. Ryanair is registered in Ireland, so if they want to fly to Russia it has to be from Ireland. They cannot fly into Russia from anywhere else in Europe and they cannot start a base in Russia.

As said before, the Balkans got a huge Wizzair presence and are therefor hard to conquer. Ukraine and Belorussia, just like Russia, are not part of the European Single Skies and although they're not as difficult as Russia they're not easy either.

FlyRow

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:39 am

SCQ83 wrote:
Ryanair mentioned recently they wanted to expand in Northern Spain and Southern Italy.

For instance they seem to be looking for some money to base a 2nd aircraft in SCQ and open a bunch of new routes.

A place like NAP where they have recently entered in quite an aggresive way seems the kind of place they could add more odd routes.

I wonder why they don't fly to more Greek islands, specially internationally. Another blank spot is the Balkans where Ryanair has little presence. They could easily open a base in a place like LJU and open new markets.

LJU is interesting as it's LCC presence is really low in comparisson, and Slovenia is a up and comming holiday destination. Been there this summer, really, you should go there!
F70-F100-RJ85-RJ70-E190-319-320-321-733-734-735-737-738-752-753-763-764-772-744-380

EL-AL

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:50 am

I hope to see more Action in Israel in the summer. Ryanair has made a strong entery to the Israeli market on seasonal winter flights. Starting late October it will fly to 9 different destenations from TLV, and they practicly own VDA airport near Eilat from October will late March. Year-round, only flights to PFO and FCO are operated. I hope to see year round flights to London (STN is not searved at all from TLV), EIN, TXL and MAD, all Ryanair bases with big demand from Israel.
every day is a good day to fly

OO-VEG

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:54 am

PatrickZ80 wrote:
DutchyWilliam wrote:

Very true. Almost none of the Dutch airports got slots available. Only ones with plenty of capacity are Maastricht and Groningen, but they're far out of the way. Ryanair has limited presence in Maastricht and has served Groningen for a short while in the past but not anymore. Those airports aren't performing too good, there's too little demand from there.

Maastricht was doing quite well once they opened a hub, but focus at other markets led them to close the hub and kept everything on a very low level (MOL once said it was a big failure to open a hub at MST, though he also once said they were looking at getting more aircraft based there), Honestly I think the mismanagement at MST contributed greatly to that. Now MST has a new owner, there may be something being negotiated behind closed doors.

LTenEleven
Topic Author

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:09 am

Andy33 wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
I wonder why they don't fly to more Greek islands, specially internationally.

Ryanair does a huge amount of flying where the only incentives are growth related airport fee discounts. The problem with Greece is the seasonability of the island routes with zero demand in the winter months.

LTenEleven
Topic Author

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:13 am

Humberside wrote:
LTenEleven wrote:
Eindhoven is the fairly comfortable position of having a balanced set of carriers, unlike other airports like DTM,

DTM has a fairly balanced set of airlines. Wizz Air have a large presence (including more destinations than FR), Eurowings have a small base and they also have service from EasyJet and Germania

Wizz Air today accounts for some 70% of DTM passengers. The last adaption is airport charges mainly benefitted the biggest player to the detriment of any airline just operating a flight or two a day (or entering the DTM market). Luckily, Wizz Air is less likely to throw its toys out of the pram than Ryanair but it still should be an area of concern for the airport.

downtown273

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:24 am

Cunard wrote:

Noise, residents, ... the usual stuff.

EAS is my home airport and would love to see it expand, but chances are it won't happen. VY has already said they'll be pulling out of EAS when the runway gets shortened (when, not if). EAS should become a good opportunity for Air Nostrum with their CRJ-1000's - but Air Nostrum are incredibly conservative, they have made minimal changes to their EAS schedule over the last 15 years.

I do agree that EAS has a lot of potential - Ryanair 'partly' serves it through BIQ, which is 30 minutes away from EAS.

LTenEleven
Topic Author

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:27 pm

Ryanair has extended its connecting flights service at Milan Bergamo Airport adding a further 25 route possibilities:

From (new routes) New Destinations
Hamburg (4) Brindisi, Bari, Cagliari, Palermo
Porto (6) Bratislava, Brindisi, Bari, Budapest, Prague, Thessaloniki
Bratislava (4) Cagliari, Catania, Porto, Valencia
Apulia (7) Barcelona, Hamburg, Porto, Vilnius
Sicily (5) Bratislava, Vilnius, Hamburg
Sardinia (4) Bratislava, Barcelona, Hamburg, Vilnius
Naples (1) Vilnius
Vilnius (8) Brindisi, Bari, Cagliari, Catania, Naples, Palermo, Trapani, Valencia

LTenEleven
Topic Author

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:45 pm

I am starting to think there may be a link between the Air Berlin insolvency and the delay in Ryanair announcing the first parts of its 2018 summer flying prog.

davidjohnson6

Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Ryanair (along with Easyjet, Norwegian and all the other LCCs) if they have any sense will be wanting to keep things very quiet right now to see what happens with Air Berlin and Alitalia. In particular, we could very easily see LCCs each suddenly announce new routes involving the committal of maybe 10+ aircraft to cover these bankruptcies. It will be very much a sudden land grab - as happened with Malev at Budapest when Ryanair put flights on sale before slots at BUD had been agreed ! LCCs know that some of the routes they try will be unprofitable, but it's very much a case of staking an immediate claim to territory. Large number of aircraft are relatively easy to find in winter when aircraft are partly grounded but that's a lot of capacity for each aircraft to find during summer.

Aisak

Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:29 pm

downtown273 wrote:
Cunard wrote:

EAS is my home airport and would love to see it expand, but chances are it won't happen. VY has already said they'll be pulling out of EAS when the runway gets shortened (when, not if). EAS should become a good opportunity for Air Nostrum with their CRJ-1000's - but Air Nostrum are incredibly conservative, they have made minimal changes to their EAS schedule over the last 15 years.

I do agree that EAS has a lot of potential - Ryanair 'partly' serves it through BIQ, which is 30 minutes away from EAS.

The huge problem with EAS apart from the runway issues is its location in the North where there are lots of small-ish airports.
100Km around VIT you can find BIO EAS RJL PNA SDR and RGS. The biggest one being BIO and SDR (my home airport) coming as a distant second mainly thanks to Ryanair. This amount of airports equally sparsed makes it hard for a route to find a sizeable catchment area and high enough population to make flights viable.

LTenEleven
Topic Author

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:31 pm

Ryanair to launch a twice weekly Budapest - Santander from April 2018:
http://amp.europapress.es/cantabria/not ... 52500.html

Bookable from September.

TheGeordielad

Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:02 pm

When will Ryanair and other airlines like EasyJet announce their new routes for summer 18?

Andy33

Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:37 am

TheGeordielad wrote:
When will Ryanair and other airlines like EasyJet announce their new routes for summer 18?

Based on previous years, the first part of the summer schedule would appear in September/October, for only the first part of the season in the case of EasyJet, or for only some of their bases in the case of Ryanair.
But if you read all of this thread you will see there is a view that airlines are reluctant to commit to anything until they see what is happening at Air Berlin and Alitalia. They may need to find a lot of planes and crews in a hurry, especially since in the case of Ryanair, the only planes that they could get if they bought all or part of the collapsing airlines would be Airbus, and the available crews would be Airbus qualified, not 737-trained. If they want to grab some viable routes, or a share of them, they will need the resources that might otherwise go into new routes and bases elsewhere.

Eindhoven

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:04 am

I say EIN-SXF is one of their future routes as it is currently the unserved route of the week. FR has picked up more unserved routes before and this one seems made for them.

SCQ83

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:34 am

Eindhoven wrote:
I say EIN-SXF is one of their future routes as it is currently the unserved route of the week. FR has picked up more unserved routes before and this one seems made for them.

I flew TXL-EIN in 2012 with Transavia, according to my Flightdiary. Surprised to see they cut this route with the traffic boom in Berlin airports in the last 5 years or so.

PatrickZ80

Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:38 am

Technically they didn't cut it, they moved it from Eindhoven to Rotterdam. Recently they shifted Berlin Tegel for Berlin Schonefeld.

Now with these statistics you may wonder if the move from Eindhoven to Rotterdam was a smart one. Only very few people within the catchment area of Eindhoven use Rotterdam, so maybe it would have been more wise for them to keep this route at Eindhoven.

LTenEleven
Topic Author

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:55 pm

It seems a Dublin announcement schedule announcement is due this week, perhaps on Tuesday.

Separately , a press conference is planned in London on Thurday.

-

In news from Germany:

"Ryanair has been tipped to roll out an “aggressive” pricing plan in Germany in an effort to chase off rivals looking for a piece of the country’s lucrative travel market after Air Berlin’s failure."

http://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-air-be ... 1-Aug2017/

mattyfitzg

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:14 pm

EL-AL wrote:
I hope to see year round flights to London (STN is not searved at all from TLV)

I would say that is unlikely, BA and El-Al dominating this route from LHR, Arkia already flying to STN and with EasyJet and Monarch getting their foot in the door from Gatwick and Luton

TheGeordielad

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:17 pm

mattyfitzg wrote:
EL-AL wrote:
I hope to see year round flights to London (STN is not searved at all from TLV)

I would say that is unlikely, BA and El-Al dominating this route from LHR, Arkia already flying to STN and with EasyJet and Monarch getting their foot in the door from Gatwick and Luton

And also EI AI flies to Luton as well.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos