f4f3a

Re: Updated: Air Berlin to cease operations

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:30 am

All has to be done by Tuesday at the latest

konkret

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:14 pm

I am a bit surprised that LH takes over LGW. On which routes will they put the Bombardiers? I thought that LH was done with turboprops. Will they fly for Austrian or Brussels?

B747forever

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:41 pm

727LOVER wrote:
Why didn't the OW partners bail them out?

If AA or BA were ffailing....wouldn't one bail the other out?

After seeing how EY failed turning around AB, I doubt they even considered bailing out AB.
Work Hard, Fly Right

LTH

Re: Air Berlin has filed for insolvency

Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Looking at Eurowings schedule i January, I notice several flight TXL to the Nordicas to be operated by 737-800. Does this mean they plan to take over the Air Berlin TUI aircraft?

Latest information is that TUI will operate all 14 737s throughout November, then reduce their fleet for EW/LH to 7 737s for the winter season. The other 7 737s might bei integrated into the German X3 TUIfly, but only if TUI can reach financial improvements of about 30 million € with their flying staff. Otherwise TUI will have reduce their fleet by these 7 737s and likewise reduce their staff (about 150).

Article in German: http://www.airliners.de/tuifly-air-berl ... gnis/42624

LTH

runway23

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 am

Apparently easyJet are to hold a press conference in Berlin at 2PM today.

Luxair747SP

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:33 am

konkret wrote:
I am a bit surprised that LH takes over LGW. On which routes will they put the Bombardiers? I thought that LH was done with turboprops. Will they fly for Austrian or Brussels?

My guess is that they will be put on german domestic flights, where EW or before 4U already used Cityline CRJs. those potential routes can be DUS-HAM, DUS-NUE etc.

konkret

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:07 am

One of the routes on a Q400 will be daily TXL-KRK on Eurowings, starting January 15th

konkret

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:10 am

rlwynn wrote:
Why don't the Q400s just keep doing what they have been doing?

You mean feeding AB hubs at DUS and TXL?

rlwynn

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:10 am

Why don't the Q400s just keep doing what they have been doing? LGW seems to have been doing ok.
I can drive faster than you

rlwynn

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:16 am

konkret wrote:
rlwynn wrote:
Why don't the Q400s just keep doing what they have been doing?

You mean feeding AB hubs at DUS and TXL?

Considering the routes I doubt that was their main function.

r2rho

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:19 am

Talking about how many a/c are bought is irrelevant. AB owns no aircraft. Aircraft are movable assets. U2 could buy 20 aicraft and operate them all out of LGW, if they want. Meanwhile, LH could take completely over DUS, for example.

The amount of aircraft bought says nothing about the resulting competitive situation.
The key is -where- these aircraft will be operated, that is, which slots and routes will be taken over.

pompos

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:01 pm

runway23 wrote:
Apparently easyJet are to hold a press conference in Berlin at 2PM today.

Seems like it didn't happen :/

PanHAM

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Only News is that "Zeitfracht", a Berlin based freight forwarder, has bought Leisure Cargo. Negotiations abot AB Technik have been postponed.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

f4f3a

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Not looking good for the easyjet deal or any deal . What is the deadline today? Is it it midnight ?

LTU330

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:41 pm

f4f3a wrote:
Not looking good for the easyjet deal or any deal . What is the deadline today? Is it it midnight ?

Not sure on the deadline, but I thought it was at the end of today for the Airline side. I guess the Technik is delayed until they know if any people will be needed in TXL if Easyjet take something. It is really very unpleasant atmosphere here at the moment in Technik, as it is in the whole of Air Berlin. We are getting no information, and in MUC, still, not a single job messe, unlike in DUS and BER !

f4f3a

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:13 pm

Thought Technik had been bought out ?
According to talks condor also in running now as well as easyjet

LTU330

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:58 pm

f4f3a wrote:
Thought Technik had been bought out ?
According to talks condor also in running now as well as easyjet

No info about any of Technik so far (at least nothing we can see here at work). Leisure Cargo has been bought. Time is running out for either Condor or Easyjet to make a deal
unless the Authorities offer an extension, which I would think is unlikely.

PanHAM

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:07 am

Still no deals cut with Easy and/or Condor. Just a dubious Investor taking CEO Winkelmann to court, which willl hinder negotiations even further.That Investors seems to have litttle knowledge about Airline Business.

Meanwhile, the post turtles of politics make suggestions like taking routes away from LH due to lack of compeition.

Now, let's wait a Minute, A City pair has been served by LH and AB. Now, AB vanishes, leaving LH as Monopoly carrier on that route. To re-installl competition, you forbid LH to serve that route. Sounds good, biut where's the competition? :banghead:
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

LTU330

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:19 am

Maybe there is a master plan to eliminate all internal flying and force people on to DB or Flixbus ;) But seriously, time is running out and this now risks putting 8000 (minus 60 Leisure Cargo) people straight out of work because of the fact only LH wanted to get involved with hard cash. How stupid are the politicians ? In other news I heard yesterday, only NRW and Berlin are supporting a transfer company scheme. Us people in Bavaria look like we will not be supported. If true it’s a shame as I believe Bavaria is one of the richest states in Germany.

PanHAM

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:54 am

To follow the logic of the EU commssion they would need to find 2 separate carriers to fill the void. Sure they are Standing around he Corner just waiting for that.

Now to get serious again, I have the gut Feeling that Easy sees no reason to pay now forwhat they can get more or less free of Charge in the next couple of weeks. If that is the case and LH is confronted with such idiotic requests they might just follow U2 and dump the deal.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

SFODude

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:38 am

LTU330 wrote:
Maybe there is a master plan to eliminate all internal flying and force people on to DB or Flixbus ;) But seriously, time is running out and this now risks putting 8000 (minus 60 Leisure Cargo) people straight out of work because of the fact only LH wanted to get involved with hard cash. How stupid are the politicians ? In other news I heard yesterday, only NRW and Berlin are supporting a transfer company scheme. Us people in Bavaria look like we will not be supported. If true it’s a shame as I believe Bavaria is one of the richest states in Germany.

Unfortunately, many of us are already gone. USA OPS were suspended as of 15OCT for long haul, and US Sales and Marketing was let go on 29SEP. I know that these were not German based jobs, but please keep in mind, many of us in other parts of the world have been impacted by this and have already lost our jobs.

LTU330

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:07 am

SFODude wrote:
LTU330 wrote:

Unfortunately, many of us are already gone. USA OPS were suspended as of 15OCT for long haul, and US Sales and Marketing was let go on 29SEP. I know that these were not German based jobs, but please keep in mind, many of us in other parts of the world have been impacted by this and have already lost our jobs.

SFODude, I am really sorry for your situation and I hope you get in one of the other Airlines at SFO. I was only thinking the other day about the MIA staff. I think that they had about 20 people there, and what surprised me was that they were actually AB employees and not just an agency as even here in Germany 90% of people in check in and dispatch are not actually employees of AB. That is the next knock on effect as well because if no deal is sorted in the next few days then maybe companies like Aerogate and the MUC based company in TXL will also kick out lots of people.

f4f3a

Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:31 am

Didn’t condor want some of the long haul slots as well as short haul?

PanHAM

Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:53 pm

The Establishment of an Interims employmet company that would have accomodated up to 4000 AB employees failed today, Insufficient funding was named as reason.

Long haul is up for grabs, all Condor needs are aircraft and Slots. Why should they pay AB for that. I'm afraid that is what U2 will do as well.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

f4f3a

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:45 pm

The only issue is having spare a/c and crew to quickly fill the void. It's quite difficult to find those especially for u2 expanding in other places.
I imagine ab have made it quite difficult for companies to take assets . According to dm at the moment condor and easyjet neck and neck .
I do think though if u2 and ab couldn't agree a deal in 4 weeks then chances of doing so in next 24 hours must seem unlikely

SFODude

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:19 pm

LTU330 wrote:
SFODude wrote:
LTU330 wrote:

SFODude, I am really sorry for your situation and I hope you get in one of the other Airlines at SFO. I was only thinking the other day about the MIA staff. I think that they had about 20 people there, and what surprised me was that they were actually AB employees and not just an agency as even here in Germany 90% of people in check in and dispatch are not actually employees of AB. That is the next knock on effect as well because if no deal is sorted in the next few days then maybe companies like Aerogate and the MUC based company in TXL will also kick out lots of people.

Thanks LTU330. yes , many people were not aware that MIA/RSW and JFK had actual AB staff (mostly management at JFK), and even an AB operated lounge in RSW. My thoughts are with our colleagues in Germany and around the network that everyone finds secure employment.

rlwynn

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:48 pm

What will be the last AB flight?

LTU330

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:35 pm

rlwynn wrote:

AB6210 MUC - TXL on the 27th (Friday) provisionally planned for D-ABNX is the last flight in to TXL, and officially the last AB flight although others around the network also land at the same time like the TXL - MUC service. It should be a good flight. Nearly every ticket was bought by AB Crew !

Revelation

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:53 pm

LTU330 wrote:
rlwynn wrote:

AB6210 MUC - TXL on the 27th (Friday) provisionally planned for D-ABNX is the last flight in to TXL, and officially the last AB flight although others around the network also land at the same time like the TXL - MUC service. It should be a good flight. Nearly every ticket was bought by AB Crew !

TXL tower should prepare itself for a buzz job! :biggrin:
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

LGAviation

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:47 pm

I still can't believe that tomorrow will be my last AB flight. About to go to bed now in Frankfurt and set my alarm for 4am to get that flight ex DUS. Aside from my personal experience, does anyone know how soon the first Q400s might get deployed on EW?
2018: ADD CPH DAR DEN DME DUB FRA HAH HAM IST JIB KEF LYR MEL OSL PEK PKC PVG RAK STN SVO SYD YVR

LTU330

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:07 am

LGAviation wrote:
I still can't believe that tomorrow will be my last AB flight. About to go to bed now in Frankfurt and set my alarm for 4am to get that flight ex DUS. Aside from my personal experience, does anyone know how soon the first Q400s might get deployed on EW?

I think the first two might already be in Rome being painted in to Eurowings colours, so pretty soon I would say.

bmibaby737

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:53 am

LTU330 wrote:
LGAviation wrote:

I think the first two might already be in Rome being painted in to Eurowings colours, so pretty soon I would say.

D-ABQG positioned as BER101P on DUS-FCO 24th October, I don't see another one though?

LGAviation

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:19 am

bmibaby737 wrote:
LTU330 wrote:
LGAviation wrote:

D-ABQG positioned as BER101P on DUS-FCO 24th October, I don't see another one though?

Some are clearly out of operations already, sitting right now at DUS and can spot at least four rowed up unfortunately too far away to see their registrations. The irony is I'm supposed to get on one but our flight is delayed due to late inbound.
2018: ADD CPH DAR DEN DME DUB FRA HAH HAM IST JIB KEF LYR MEL OSL PEK PKC PVG RAK STN SVO SYD YVR

bmibaby737

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:08 am

LGAviation wrote:
bmibaby737 wrote:
LTU330 wrote:

Some are clearly out of operations already, sitting right now at DUS and can spot at least four rowed up unfortunately too far away to see their registrations. The irony is I'm supposed to get on one but our flight is delayed due to late inbound.

D-ABQO hasn't flown since 17th, D-ABQJ and D-ABQT last flew yesterday - otherwise with the exception of the one in Rome, every other Q400 has been flying today.

LTU330

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:30 am

bmibaby737 wrote:
LGAviation wrote:
bmibaby737 wrote:

D-ABQO hasn't flown since 17th, D-ABQJ and D-ABQT last flew yesterday - otherwise with the exception of the one in Rome, every other Q400 has been flying today.

My mistake. Looking in our systems one is showing blocked from flying waiting to fly to FCO. No flight planned so far. Other planned positioning flights starting tomorrow. Subject to the Aircraft ending up in the right Airports tomorrow night ! The two ending up in MUC are planned for C-Check and redelivery to Niki (Eurowings) but as we have no idea if we will still have a job next week in Technik that could change.

D-ALPH AB116P DUS - GIG D11:00

D-ABDO AB109P TXL - SXF D13:30
D-ABDT AB113P TXL - VIE D11:00
D-ABDU AB115P DUS - VIE D11:00
D-ABDZ AB102P DUS - SXF D1130
D-ABHL AB104P TXL - SXF D13:30
D-ABHM AB108P TXL - MUC D11:30
D-ABHO AB117P TXL - VIE D11:30
D-ABNO AB110P TXL - SXF D18:30
D-ABNQ AB114P FRA - SXF D10:30
D-ABNV AB103P VIE - SXF D18:00
D-ABNW AB105P TXL - SXF D11:00
D-ABNX AB118P TXL - SXF D21:00

D-ABFE AB101P DUS – VIE D11:30
D-ABHJ AB103P STR – SXF D11:00

D-ABDK AB121P MUC – SXF D12:00
D-ABDY AB117P DUS – SXF D13:30
D-ABFC AB119P DUS – VIE D11:30
D-ABFF AB113P DUS – VIE D12:00
D-ABHK AB068P DUS – MUC D11:30
D-ABNM AB101P DUS – SXF D14:30
D-ABNY AB115P DUS – SXF D13:00

D-ABXB sits in DUS with no planned positioning flight. Maybe being prepared for Eurowings to start Caribbean ops ?

LTU330

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:39 am

Ok, so the press already say 300 from 900 jobs are saved in DUS and TXL in Technik. Station MUC to close, and still not a word internally about it. It makes me sick. We proved we are as cost effective as even Eastern European MRO's but no one cares to keep us going. Now I look for a new job.....

Revelation

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:53 am

LTU330 wrote:
Ok, so the press already say 300 from 900 jobs are saved in DUS and TXL in Technik. Station MUC to close, and still not a word internally about it. It makes me sick. We proved we are as cost effective as even Eastern European MRO's but no one cares to keep us going. Now I look for a new job.....

I feel for you. I recently went through an unplanned job transition so I know a bit of what you are feeling. In my case I was able to find a new job with similar pay and less stressful working conditions. I hope you can do the same. Give yourself some time, keep in mind you still have valuable skills that others will pay for, and take advantage of any transition aid you are being offered.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

LTU330

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Thanks Revelation. I think transition aid won't pay my house and other things. I have to get a job now. It comes at completely the wrong time for me, but that is just the way it is.

f4f3a

Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:40 pm

See that it is going down to the wire tomorrow with easyjet vs condor . Understanding that condor only wants about 10 a/c and is likely to go ahead if easy doesn’t happen . They would use a/c for pmi airline prob

LPSHobby

Condor and Easyjet in last minute negotistions with Air Berlin

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:19 am

does anyone have full acess to the article, only for subscribers?

http://atwonline.com/airlines/airberlin ... jet-condor

they are saying Condor and easyJet are wanting access to some Air Berlin assets

f4f3a

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 am

Now Reuters saying ab creditors expect a deal in the coming days regarding condor easyjet . Thought it had to be done today ? They seem to be clutching at straws

KarelXWB

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:03 pm

Regarding Air Berlin Technik:

Air Berlin (AB, Berlin Tegel) has announced that a consortium consisting of MRO provider Nayak and logistics company Zeitfracht has agreed to enter into a purchase agreement with the bankrupt German carrier to take over MRO subsidiary airberlin Technik later this week.

At least 300 employees will be retained by the consortium with 550 employees being transferred to transitional special purpose company allowing these affected employees to be paid while they are looking for new work. airberlin Technik provides base maintenance at three locations in Germany and line maintenance at 11 stations in Europe.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... in-technik
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

bmibaby737

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:27 pm

I wish you all the best LTU330!

The aircraft going to VIE, these are for Niki?

Gupta

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:46 pm

Agreement was signed today for EZY to lease up to 25 A320's and aiming to employ around 1000 of it's pilots and cabin crew.

Have just received an internal email so no actual source. However i'm sure it'll be out any minute now

hoons90

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:12 am

Danke und Auf Wiedersehen, Air Berlin.

Not too many airlines have left me with such a strong impression. Not having a clear idea of what to expect, I was incredibly surprised at how pleasant my flights with them turned out to be. I regret not having such an opportunity again in the future, and I wish all of the staff members all the best.
Flown: 2L 7C 9E 9L AA AB AC AF AY AZ BA BR BX B6 CA CO CP CX DL EK EY JL KE KL LA LH LX MQ NW OZ PD RW SQ TG TP TR TS US WG WN WS XE XJ

cougar15

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:34 am

Very moving video/song, from the staff, very well done I might add!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgG6kuo0wks

Auf Wiedersehen AB, you will be sorely missed!
some you lose, others you can´t win!

LTU330

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:21 am

bmibaby737 wrote:
I wish you all the best LTU330!

The aircraft going to VIE, these are for Niki?

It is possible that they go to VIE for Easyjet on their Austrian AOC, but it is also possible they are for Eurowings Austria. I will know on Monday.

LTU330

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:33 am

KarelXWB wrote:
Regarding Air Berlin Technik:

Air Berlin (AB, Berlin Tegel) has announced that a consortium consisting of MRO provider Nayak and logistics company Zeitfracht has agreed to enter into a purchase agreement with the bankrupt German carrier to take over MRO subsidiary airberlin Technik later this week.

At least 300 employees will be retained by the consortium with 550 employees being transferred to transitional special purpose company allowing these affected employees to be paid while they are looking for new work. airberlin Technik provides base maintenance at three locations in Germany and line maintenance at 11 stations in Europe.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... in-technik

The 300 actually includes the Wheel and Brake shop in Košice in Slovakia. Our union boss said on Thursday that the real number of jobs saved in Germany is about 160 in Technik. Given that there is a strong rumour that the Q400s are not really wanted by LH Group and that they will eventually be converted to package carriers for Amazon, I would imagine half of those jobs will also be gone eventually as the Amazon distribution depot is near Kassel, which has an Airport perfect for such operations.

The transfer company for six months will pay 75% of our basic pay. In fact, when calculated, the Arbeitslosunggeld you would get from the Government works out more or less the same because it factors in shift money and holiday money, plus they will pay for additional training that might be useful to find a better job. If only the State could have topped this up to make it a better option, but this would have cost Bavaria maximum 2 million euro over six months for the 250 people in MUC, which is peanuts compared to what has been wasted over the years. I work with guys that have paid in to the German system for more than 25 years here, I myself have paid in for more than 14 years, yet in the end the insolvent Air Berlin Technik pays completely the Transfer company with no help from the authorities. That’s the thanks you get now. In the meantime, LH just gets stronger and stronger, whilst employing people on ever worsening contracts.

LTU330

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:39 am

cougar15 wrote:
Very moving video/song, from the staff, very well done I might add!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgG6kuo0wks

Auf Wiedersehen AB, you will be sorely missed!

I love that video. I wish they had come to our Hangar and filmed something towards it, although maybe we would have had a rather more blunt message for the Management !

f4f3a

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:49 am

Good luck ltu330!
Sad to see ops finished . Although good to see the easy deal has been done

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos