Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
FLYKTPA
Topic Author
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:56 pm

WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:18 am

REYKJAVIK, Iceland, Aug. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- WOW air, Iceland's low-cost transatlantic airline, continues its North American growth by offering new flight services from Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE), Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) and St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL) to Europe via Keflavik International Airport (KEF) in Iceland. The addition of these four cities will increase the number of WOW air destinations in the Midwest to five.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 08233.html

Now let's see where they are going to send those 4 A330's due to arrive next year.
Last edited by FLYKTPA on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5435
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:22 am

DTW finally got the ULCC service a certain someone was complaining about...

Unfortunately, it looks like the BA rumor was off though....

Two announcements in two days for CLE is shocking..
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
simpv
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:19 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:24 am

That is. Do we know how most travelers from Ohio (CLE and CVG) reach Europe? I would assume that this most deeply cuts into Delta, but hopefully somebody has some numbers to see each of the US3's susceptibility of losing business.
 
thomasphoto60
Posts: 3891
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2000 1:04 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:24 am

WOW.....Two Icelandic carriers in two days for CLE.....Very Nice
"Show me the Braniffs"
 
User001
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:38 am

Also announced London Stansted from 25th April on the other side of the pond.
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 14628
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:39 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Unfortunately, it looks like the BA rumor was off, though ....

Maybe. WW apparently thinks the NEO has the range for BNA/IND/STL but went for the one of the three with the least ULCC-type TATL traffic. Could they know (or suspect) something about an impending announcement that we don't? There is not really a good explanation for passing over IND.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
Robert1010
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:23 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:40 am

Wow, that is really unusual, does any other city have both Iceland carriers with flts?
 
FLYKTPA
Topic Author
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:44 am

Robert1010 wrote:
Wow, that is really unusual, does any other city have both Iceland carriers with flts?

BOS, YUL, YYZ, and ORD.
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport
 
User avatar
kelvin933
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:20 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:46 am

Robert1010 wrote:
Wow, that is really unusual, does any other city have both Iceland carriers with flts?

In North America Toronto (YYZ) Montreal (YUL) Boston (BOS) Newark(EWR) and Chicago (ORD) all have both WW and FI
“Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.”
 
JBLUA320
Posts: 3086
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 8:51 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:50 am

Does anyone know if WW will need to weight restrict on STL? That's a long haul for a high density A321 CEO with 218 seats.
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3379
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:59 am

User001 wrote:
Also announced London Stansted from 25th April on the other side of the pond.

With who and from where? Do you mean Wow?
Lufthansa: Einfach ein bisschen besser.
 
Whalejet
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:31 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:03 pm

Good day to be a Clevelander. Just flat out robbed the Celtics in the Kyrie Irving trade, and now two TATL flights in two days.
 
User avatar
kelvin933
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:20 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:06 pm

lesfalls wrote:
User001 wrote:
Also announced London Stansted from 25th April on the other side of the pond.

With who and from where? Do you mean Wow?

Yes Wow air daily KEF-STN next spring (date unavailable)
“Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.”
 
airbazar
Posts: 10197
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:08 pm

JBLUA320 wrote:
Does anyone know if WW will need to weight restrict on STL? That's a long haul for a high density A321 CEO with 218 seats.

That will have to be a NEO route, or an A330 route.
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3379
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:08 pm

kelvin933 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
User001 wrote:
Also announced London Stansted from 25th April on the other side of the pond.

With who and from where? Do you mean Wow?

Yes Wow air daily KEF-STN next spring (date unavailable)

Interesting. Why STN over adding more to LGW ? What are the times for the flight?
Lufthansa: Einfach ein bisschen besser.
 
User avatar
kelvin933
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:20 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:12 pm

lesfalls wrote:
kelvin933 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
With who and from where? Do you mean Wow?

Yes Wow air daily KEF-STN next spring (date unavailable)

Interesting. Why STN over adding more to LGW ? What are the times for the flight?

I figure the same as KEF-LGW. Remember STN is not slot controlled and it has no night curfew.
“Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.”
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3597
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:19 pm

What a letdown after the BA tease. I'll never trust twitter again!!! Haha

STL wasn't in a position to say no, but this was not how I thought it was going to go (which is why I am typing on here and not working at the airport). It also wasn't one route I was even considering. As I have said before, I am fine with an Iceland route I just didn't want it first. oh well.
Last edited by Jshank83 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
kavok
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 10:12 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:25 pm

Very curious to see if there will be any reaction from DL, particularly with the DTW and CVG adds. I know DL added MSP-KEF to compete with FI on that route, but it will be interesting to see what happens here.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:29 pm

kavok wrote:
Very curious to see if there will be any reaction from DL, particularly with the DTW and CVG adds. I know DL added MSP-KEF to compete with FI on that route, but it will be interesting to see what happens here.
Cheaper fares to LON and DUB via JFK or BOS from CVG and probably back to the 764 on DTW-LHR.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5246
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
DTW finally got the ULCC service a certain someone was complaining about...

Unfortunately, it looks like the BA rumor was off though....

Two announcements in two days for CLE is shocking..


Is it possible that WOW Air was the one that was adding CLE and somebody just assumed it was FI when they heard the news because CLE seems pretty out of character for an FI add
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5246
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:04 pm

kavok wrote:
Very curious to see if there will be any reaction from DL, particularly with the DTW and CVG adds. I know DL added MSP-KEF to compete with FI on that route, but it will be interesting to see what happens here.



With these kinds of flight times I don't think DL will do anything but if I were them I'd add DTW-MAN and DTW-DUB.

Flights will be 4 times a week from DTW to KEF on WOW Air great add for Detroit

WW 121 KEF-DTW 1357 2125 2350
WW 122 DTW-KEF 1246 0050 1050

Flights effective 4-26-18
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
User avatar
kelvin933
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:20 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:04 pm

lesfalls wrote:
kelvin933 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
With who and from where? Do you mean Wow?

Yes Wow air daily KEF-STN next spring (date unavailable)

Interesting. Why STN over adding more to LGW ? What are the times for the flight?

More details on KEF-STN flights
Begins 25 Apr 2018 frequency daily

KEF-STN 12:05-16:15
STN-KEF 17:20-19:30
“Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.”
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:07 pm

kelvin933 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
kelvin933 wrote:
Yes Wow air daily KEF-STN next spring (date unavailable)

Interesting. Why STN over adding more to LGW ? What are the times for the flight?

More details on KEF-STN flights
Begins 25 Apr 2018 frequency daily

KEF-STN 12:05-16:15
STN-KEF 17:20-19:30
I was looking at DTW-LON and it seemed both STN and LGW had similar prices, but 2 ways to get to LON for less than $500 is pretty impressive.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1740
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:12 pm

klm617 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
DTW finally got the ULCC service a certain someone was complaining about...

Unfortunately, it looks like the BA rumor was off though....

Two announcements in two days for CLE is shocking..


Is it possible that WOW Air was the one that was adding CLE and somebody just assumed it was FI when they heard the news because CLE seems pretty out of character for an FI add
FI announced it on their own website
http://www.icelandair.us/news/story/ice ... to-europe/
I do think it is likely FI caught wind of the WOW announcement and rushed the CLE announcement a day before since there is no announced schedule or tickets on sale yet.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:14 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
DTW finally got the ULCC service a certain someone was complaining about...

Unfortunately, it looks like the BA rumor was off though....

Two announcements in two days for CLE is shocking..


Is it possible that WOW Air was the one that was adding CLE and somebody just assumed it was FI when they heard the news because CLE seems pretty out of character for an FI add
FI announced it on their own website
http://www.icelandair.us/news/story/ice ... to-europe/
I do think it is likely FI caught wind of the WOW announcement and rushed the CLE announcement a day before since there is no announced schedule or tickets on sale yet.
Could be announcing another US destination to either split with CLE or simply initiate around the same time, I suspect a route within MAX range.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5435
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:15 pm

flymco753 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Is it possible that WOW Air was the one that was adding CLE and somebody just assumed it was FI when they heard the news because CLE seems pretty out of character for an FI add
FI announced it on their own website
http://www.icelandair.us/news/story/ice ... to-europe/
I do think it is likely FI caught wind of the WOW announcement and rushed the CLE announcement a day before since there is no announced schedule or tickets on sale yet.
Could be announcing another US destination to either split with CLE or simply initiate around the same time, I suspect a route within MAX range.


BUF?
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:27 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
FI announced it on their own website
http://www.icelandair.us/news/story/ice ... to-europe/
I do think it is likely FI caught wind of the WOW announcement and rushed the CLE announcement a day before since there is no announced schedule or tickets on sale yet.
Could be announcing another US destination to either split with CLE or simply initiate around the same time, I suspect a route within MAX range.


BUF?
They said they were looking for TATL but it wouldn't surprise me. If I counted everything up right, there's also a couple available 757's to make a US turn, so if it's a 757 that could prompt DTW, IND, or MKE. It's all a waiting game honestly.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
ZuluTime
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 6:23 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:27 pm

kelvin933 wrote:
I figure the same as KEF-LGW. Remember STN is not slot controlled and it has no night curfew.


That's completely incorrect. STN is slot controlled - it is a Level 3 coordinated airport, same as LGW and LHR, and it has a restricted night quota system - exactly the same as LHR and LGW. Although the LHR night flying quota has been full for years, STN night quota is far more restrictive than LGW given that virtually all of it is used. Not sure where you got your information from, but it couldn't be more wrong!
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 5207
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:32 pm

flymco753 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Is it possible that WOW Air was the one that was adding CLE and somebody just assumed it was FI when they heard the news because CLE seems pretty out of character for an FI add
FI announced it on their own website
http://www.icelandair.us/news/story/ice ... to-europe/
I do think it is likely FI caught wind of the WOW announcement and rushed the CLE announcement a day before since there is no announced schedule or tickets on sale yet.
Could be announcing another US destination to either split with CLE or simply initiate around the same time, I suspect a route within MAX range.


CMH the other three days a week? I've long thought FI or WW would've been a fit at CMH and it's probably the only shot they have now.

Interestingly, it would make the service "daily" for those living between Cleveland and Columbus.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:36 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
FI announced it on their own website
http://www.icelandair.us/news/story/ice ... to-europe/
I do think it is likely FI caught wind of the WOW announcement and rushed the CLE announcement a day before since there is no announced schedule or tickets on sale yet.
Could be announcing another US destination to either split with CLE or simply initiate around the same time, I suspect a route within MAX range.


CMH the other three days a week? I've long thought FI or WW would've been a fit at CMH and it's probably the only shot they have now.

Interestingly, it would make the service "daily" for those living between Cleveland and Columbus.
You never know, it's all a waiting game.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
flymia
Posts: 7129
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 6:33 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Great pick ups for all the airports. Nice to see STL get service to Europe again. CVG gets another carrier first time since Air France left, and wow for CLE. Though I am sure they would have preferred something a little different like DU to add on to Icelandair, more options the better.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)
 
AntonioMartin
Posts: 727
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:58 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:47 pm

Great to see Cleveland finally get an international airline!
 
User avatar
hvusslax
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:01 pm

The 4 new US destinations and London Standsted don't fit into WOW's current flight banks. I wonder if existing routes are going to move to these new banks.
 
WaywardMemphian
Posts: 1507
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Wait till Norwegian gets the A321LR and cuts out the Iceland stop.

Boeing announce the MOM already
 
BHMNONREV
Posts: 1237
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:17 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
What a letdown after the BA tease. I'll never trust twitter again!!! Haha

STL wasn't in a position to say no, but this was not how I thought it was going to go (which is why I am typing on here and not working at the airport). It also wasn't one route I was even considering. As I have said before, I am fine with an Iceland route I just didn't want it first. oh well.


This could very well work in STL's favor in attracting BA, I don't think this is dead yet.

WW will be stimulating traffic that otherwise was not going to fly, would have preferred FI but Ms. Rhonda has to start somewhere and she probably was able to keep her subsidy to get BA down the road..
 
UA777EWRTLV
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:14 pm

CLE appears to be four times a week
2467 departs KEF 9:00pm, arrives CLE 11:30pm

1357 departs CLE 12:30am, arrives KEF 10:35am
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:18 pm

There is supposed to be a new bank of flights at Reykjavik next summer to accommodate these new destinations.

BTW it's Stansted!
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
drdisque
Posts: 1356
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:57 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:26 pm

STL has a more vast catchment area than IND and is also a larger city.

STN, while also being a London airport, is the preferred airport for many of the towns North and East of London. There is currently no reasonable way to reach STN from the US on a single booking, so this is a very welcome addition.
 
xbgb2003
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:27 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 pm

I dont think so. They would have to move their morning flights aswell. Maybe this has something to do with asia expansion?
I wonder how sfo and lax will fit into this bank as almost all the after noon eu flights will leave around noon.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Is STN better than LGW in terms of access to Downtown?
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
User avatar
Keith2004
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:59 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:37 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
Robert1010 wrote:
Wow, that is really unusual, does any other city have both Iceland carriers with flts?

BOS, YUL, YYZ, and ORD.



Also Washington (BWI/IAD)
 
greenair727
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:27 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:37 pm

simpv wrote:
That is. Do we know how most travelers from Ohio (CLE and CVG) reach Europe? I would assume that this most deeply cuts into Delta, but hopefully somebody has some numbers to see each of the US3's susceptibility of losing business.


CLE and CVG are completely separate markets, so there is no such thing as an 'Ohio traveler'. I don't know what travellers in CVG do. In CLE, since there is no non-stop carrier, people fly any airline that works. UA, from the CO/UA days, still has a lot of customers here, so many still use UA and connect at EWR or IAD. I've done a few trips that way myself this year. But, since I had to connect anyway, if I got a better deal via AA through JFK or PHL or DL through DTW, I could do that just as easily, but they're all priced the same. After UA de-hubbed CLE, there's no loyalty to them by anyone, but there are a bunch of corporate contracts by companies in CLE, so a lot of folks still use them.
 
FLYKTPA
Topic Author
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Icelandair is going to keep adding more US destinations.
We welcome competition from all airlines,” Mogensen said about the fresh competition from Icelandair. “No other airline has offered as low fares as we have done over the Atlantic. We will continue to add destinations in the U.S. in the next weeks and as always offer the lowest fares.”

http://www.whas11.com/mb/news/wow-air-k ... /466668591
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport
 
ILNFlyer
Posts: 540
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:40 pm

simpv wrote:
That is. Do we know how most travelers from Ohio (CLE and CVG) reach Europe? I would assume that this most deeply cuts into Delta, but hopefully somebody has some numbers to see each of the US3's susceptibility of losing business.


I dont think this is going to affect the business travel side much for DL as P & G have had an arrangement with them for some time, but it will certainly impact the leisure side of things.
 
lavalampluva
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Can KEF handle such an increase? If I heard right, things are pretty tight there as it is.
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 5207
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:53 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
Icelandair is going to keep adding more US destinations.
We welcome competition from all airlines,” Mogensen said about the fresh competition from Icelandair. “No other airline has offered as low fares as we have done over the Atlantic. We will continue to add destinations in the U.S. in the next weeks and as always offer the lowest fares.”

http://www.whas11.com/mb/news/wow-air-k ... /466668591


I think the story is about WOW adding more TATL destinations.

So, what else is in the A321's range? Much of the East Coast, CMH, IND, BNA, MCI, MKE, MEM?

With their MO seeming to be the Midwest, I'd lean toward the remaining "usual suspects".
Last edited by DeltaRules on Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
AWACSooner
Posts: 2559
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:35 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:56 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Is STN better than LGW in terms of access to Downtown?

Depends...both LGW and STN have ease of rail access into London. I believe that you can take the LGW train straight to Victoria (and I think there's other options into Charing Cross), and the STN train takes you to Liverpool Street. From either it's a quick Tube ride to downtown (Central Line from Liverpool Street, and District/Circle Line from Victoria).
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5811
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:57 pm

Interestingly, despite KEF having 22 destinations in the US, they don't have ATL, the busiest airport in America.

I wonder if DL starting ATL-KEF would be feasible in the future. DL already flies JFK (up to twice daily in summer) and to MSP, so with up to 3 daily DL flights to KEF, Iceland is a relatively important market for Delta.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:15 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
Interestingly, despite KEF having 22 destinations in the US, they don't have ATL, the busiest airport in America.

I wonder if DL starting ATL-KEF would be feasible in the future. DL already flies JFK (up to twice daily in summer) and to MSP, so with up to 3 daily DL flights to KEF, Iceland is a relatively important market for Delta.
I would almost find it too difficult to do ATL-KEF on an LCC, but DL could do it without any local ATL traffic and fly it purely on connection pax.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: WOW Air adds KEF-CVG, STL, DTW & CLE!

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Whalejet wrote:
Good day to be a Clevelander. Just flat out robbed the Celtics in the Kyrie Irving trade, and now two TATL flights in two days.


Plus the Indians are 5.5 games up in the American League Central Division.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos