777Mech wrote:hkcanadaexpat wrote:hkcanadaexpat wrote:Delta this weekend uploaded the new routes as well as made a number of equipment changes for Summer 2018. Although the deployment changes are reflected below, please take these with a grain of salt. DL is still fine tuning things and there will be definite changes (such as the JFK-LHR flights and JFK-LAX/SFO flights). Nonetheless some interesting info:
2017 - 7 frames (5/7 required)
2018 - 0 frames (all retired)
(-) DTW-ICN/NRT/PVG, HNL-NRT
2017 - 0 frames
2018 - 8* frames (7/8 required)
(+) ATL-ICN, DTW-ICN/NRT/PEK
* The actual number of A359s in service should be around 11 by mid-Summer depending on delivery & induction schedules which will likely result in additional flights migrating to A359 (most probably from 77L routes below).
A333 [C34W32Y227] (incl. 10x HGW version but schedule not segregated)
2017 - 31 frames (30/31 required)
2018 - 31 frames (29/31 required)
(-) ATL-AMS (3x), BOS-AMS (1x), DTW-CDG, HNL-KIX/NGO, JFK-LAX, MSP-HNL, SEA-CDG
(+) ATL-BCN/LHR (1x), DTW-AMS (2x), JFK-BCN/CDG/TLV
2017 - 10 frames (9/10 required)
2018 - 10 frames (12/10 required)*
(+) ATL-AMS/PVG, DTW-PVG, LAX-AMS/CDG
* Current schedule doesn't add up for 77L fleet. Most likely pending route re-allocation to A359 and/or other types. I'm anticipating ATL-NRT to transfer to A359 by the time ATL-PVG re-starts in July but i could be wrong; nonetheless, by then, there should be plenty of A359s on property.
2017 - 8 frames (8/8 required)
2018 - 8 frames (7/8 required)
2017 - 21 frames (20/21 required)
2018 - 21 frames (20/21 required)
(-) ATL-BCN/FRA/STR/ZRH, JFK-FRA
* Planned re-introduction of 764 domestic coast-to-coast service. These could well end up going back to 763 service but for now, DL is anticipating putting its 764 service coast-to-coast.
11x A332 [C34W32Y168]
2017 - 11 frames (11/11 needed)
2018 - 11 frames (11/11 needed)
(-) DTW-AMS(2x)/FRA/PEK, SEA-HKG, SLC-AMS
(+) ATL-AMS(2x)/LHR/LOS, DTW-LHR, JFK-LOS/ZRH
B763ER High-J Configuration [C36W32Y143] including 7x with crew rest [C36W29Y143]
2017 - 36 frames (35/36 required)
2018 - XX frames (27/XX required)*
(-) ATL-BRU/LHR(3x)/LOS, DTW-LHR(1x), JFK-SFO(1x)/ZRH, MCO-GRU, NRT-PDX/PVG, RDU-CDG
(+) ATL-FRA/STR, DTW-CDG/FRA, JFK-FRA**
* It is rumoured that Delta will be modifying a number of 763ER High-J to 763ER Low-J during the slow winter season. This is to reflect demand as well as counter balance the retirement of certain (2x at the latest count) 763ER Low-J scheduled during Winter 2017-18.
** looks like FRA is migrating exclusively to 763ER.
B763ER Low-J Configuration [C26W29Y171]
2017 - 22 frames (22/22 required)
2018 - XX frames (29/XX required)*
(-) HNL-SEA, JFK-AGP/CPH/DKR/LAX(2x)/SFO(2x)/SNN/SVO
(+) ATL-BRU/LIS/ZRH, BOS-AMS, DTW-CDG, HNL-KIX/NGO/NRT, IND-CDG, MCO-AMS/GRU, MSP-HNL, NRT-PDX, PIT-CDG, RDU-CDG, SLC-AMS
* Obviously there remains some cleaning up to do in the 763ER schedules. The High-J/Low-J don't add individually and they barely do when added together and removing the 2 scheduled retiring frames.
B763 Domestic Configuration [C30W28Y203]
2017 - 3 frames (3/3 required)
2018 - 0 frames (retired)
I had a bit of time and compared what was put together vs current schedule. Actually schedule is holding tightly together to my surprise.
These are the changes made since then:
ATL-AMS: 2x 332 replaced by 2x 333
ATL-EZE: 764 replaced by 333
ATL-GIG: 333 replaced by 764
ATL-SCL: 763HJ replaced by 763LJ
EWR-AMS: removed from scheduled (was 763LJ)
JFK-LHR: 2x 763HJ replaced by 2x 332
So basically, after netting things out, the schedule is seeing:
2x additional daily 333s
0.5x additional 763LJ
3.5x less 763HJ
This results in a fully committed schedule for the 333, High J 763s go to a 24 frame requirement and Low J 763s go to 30 frame requirement. Thus the schedule is taking shape. For things to work out, one expects one route to transfer from 77L to 359 in July and for 13-14 763ER-high J frames to be converted to low J frames.
Fwiw there should be 14 76L frames that that will get the Z mod by the end of 2018. With 10 done by the start of the summer schedule. I'm not sure how many 76Ls are in the fleet currently.
High J (29): 171, 172, 174-179, 182-186, 1200, 1201, 1601-1606, 1701-1708
High J w/ crew rest (7): 1607-1613
Low J (22): 180, 181, 187-199, 1501-1506, 1521
My guess on the frames getting converted to low J will be 171, 172, 174-179 and 182-186. That's 13 frames right there, and with the exception to 1200 and 1201 (those could get converted too) and 1501-1506/1521 will keep the configuration based on the engine type: low J would be mostly PW engines (this would be 171-199) but would also have 1501-1506/1521 in there with GE engines, and high J would mostly have GE engines (1601-1606, 1701-1708) but would also have 1200 and 1201 with PW.