Indy

Re: Hurricane Harvey and Houston airports

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:15 pm

atl100million wrote:
What is happening to Houston extends far beyond Houston and will take years and billions of dollars for life in that enormous city and region to return to normal.

I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the most costly natural disaster in US and perhaps world history.

It is absolutely a given that UA and WN will be impacted to the tune of hundreds of millions in dollars in lost revenue but that will be a drop in the bucket in cost to other industries

I hope it won't be the costliest in world history. The Japanese tsunami cost was estimated at around 300 billion. Could insurance companies survive that?
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

United1

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:24 pm

atl100million wrote:

It is absolutely a given that UA and WN will be impacted to the tune of hundreds of millions in dollars in lost revenue but that will be a drop in the bucket in cost to other industries

100s might be a bit of an overestimation....to put things in perspective when DL canceled 5000 flights due to a thunderstorm, power outage and crew cluster of their own creation it cost them around $100 million in revenue.

HOU is going to take some time to recover as there is water on the runways and pretty much all over the airfield and will be closed through Thursday at least.

IAH is fairing much better so far....the biggest issue IAH has is simply getting people to IAH to run the airport as Houston itself is a mess and will be for quite some time. Depending on conditions it may reopen tomorrow for commercial traffic.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

WWads

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:25 pm

UA2752 IAH-BOS just departed.

UA1897 IAH-LAX about to go.
Last edited by WWads on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United1

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:26 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
My mom and I saw a plane fly over our house in Atascocita last night at midnight. She is a UA gate agent and was told to not go to work. It's not like she could get there anyway; the intersections into our neighborhood are flooded, and Will Clayton @ 59/69 is under 7 feet of water.

Stay safe....

UA flew a few revenue flights out of IAH a little after midnight last night....south america and the hubs.

UA also flew a planeload of employees into IAH to help recover operations once the airport reopens.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

Newbiepilot

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:38 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
SiouxFlyer wrote:
IAH closed until noon on the 28th.

Can someone ring BA and tell them pls, BA197 departed LHR 14:54 on route.Guess a divert to AUS is in order.

Looks like they turned around over the Atlantic and are headed back to LHR. Seems a bit foolish allowing that flight depart from an outsiders perspective. UA LHR-IAH diverted to EWR, which makes sense.

I'm wondering if the only two international arrivals this morning (Korean and Eva) will be stuck in Houston.

WWads

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Shockingly, both recent IAH departures pushed half-emtpy. Maybe UA did a good job at making sure no one would be in a position to be stranded?

atl100million

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:47 pm

United1 wrote:
atl100million wrote:

100s might be a bit of an overestimation....to put things in perspective when DL canceled 5000 flights due to a thunderstorm, power outage and crew cluster of their own creation it cost them around $100 million in revenue.

HOU is going to take some time to recover as there is water on the runways and pretty much all over the airfield and will be closed through Thursday at least.

IAH is fairing much better so far....the biggest issue IAH has is simply getting people to IAH to run the airport as Houston itself is a mess and will be for quite some time. Depending on conditions it may reopen tomorrow for commercial traffic.

there is no overestimation.

A hub is only as strong as the city it serves. Houston will be crippled for weeks and it will affect air travel.

United and Southwest will be impacted far beyond their ability to operate flights.

TWA772LR

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Tornado warning for Atascocita (my area), Humble, Kingwood, and IAH.

USCG is now airlifting people on the South side of Houston.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

WWads

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:54 pm

KE just got its IAH-ICN flight out.

Seat1F

Folks...the Houston metro area will be crippled for months. Neither IAH nor HOU will open to regularly scheduled commercial flights anytime soon. This will likely be the worst natural disaster that the U.S. Has seen in 100 years. All my opinion of course.

When all is said and done, Texas will be lucky if they aren't counting fatalities in the thousands.
Last edited by Seat1F on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United1

atl100million wrote:
United1 wrote:
atl100million wrote:

there is no overestimation.

A hub is only as strong as the city it serves. Houston will be crippled for weeks and it will affect air travel.

United and Southwest will be impacted far beyond their ability to operate flights.

You are failing to take into account that after a disaster there is generally a surge in demand for travel to and from a region...both from people coming to help recover and from people who are leaving the area. You are also failing to take into account that UA and WN don't rely on O&D traffic to make IAH or HOU work. You are also failing to take into account on just how resilient Houston in general is..this may be the worst flooding the city has seen in a generation but they are no strangers to dealing with flooding and I am sure Houstonians will recover quite quickly.

readytotaxi

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:55 pm

United1 wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
My mom and I saw a plane fly over our house in Atascocita last night at midnight. She is a UA gate agent and was told to not go to work. It's not like she could get there anyway; the intersections into our neighborhood are flooded, and Will Clayton @ 59/69 is under 7 feet of water.

Stay safe....

UA flew a few revenue flights out of IAH a little after midnight last night....south america and the hubs.

UA also flew a planeload of employees into IAH to help recover operations once the airport reopens.

Well done people for for turning up at the office. :checkmark:
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

jayunited

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:58 pm

WWads wrote:
Shockingly, both recent IAH departures pushed half-emtpy. Maybe UA did a good job at making sure no one would be in a position to be stranded?

Right now there are no departures from IAH on UA and no commercial arrivals the only arrivals UA is sending to IAH are emergency relief and humanitarian flights. All UA international arrivals were diverted to either EWR, ORD or SFO connecting passengers are being accommodated on other UA flights and in some cases on our competitors just so we can get customer to their final destination. The current weather update calls for Harvey to move back into the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday then sometime on Wednesday move back over Houston dumping even more torrential rain.
United's current plan is to try to resume operations on a limited bases on Monday afternoon operating hub to hub flights only probably just to try to get people home to Houston who are otherwise stranded at our hubs on today. However that plan could change depending not only on Harvey and the local situation on the ground. While IAH remains open many of the roads leading to IAH are simply impassable making it impossible for employees to report to work. IAH employees have been told to stay home for their safety. Once the storm finally passes the tentative plan is for UA to fly in employees from our other hubs across the system to help out our coworkers in IAH recover because even after the storm passes many of them may not be able to get to work for some time.

factsonly

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:07 pm

2017-08-27:

- KLM AMS-IAH B744 (PH-BFU) Diverted to ATL

jetmatt777

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:08 pm

jayunited wrote:
WWads wrote:

Right now there are no departures from IAH on UA and no commercial arrivals the only arrivals UA is sending to IAH are emergency relief and humanitarian flights. All UA international arrivals were diverted to either EWR, ORD or SFO connecting passengers are being accommodated on other UA flights and in some cases on our competitors just so we can get customer to their final destination. The current weather update calls for Harvey to move back into the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday then sometime on Wednesday move back over Houston dumping even more torrential rain.
United's current plan is to try to resume operations on a limited bases on Monday afternoon operating hub to hub flights only probably just to try to get people home to Houston who are otherwise stranded at our hubs on today. However that plan could change depending not only on Harvey and the local situation on the ground. While IAH remains open many of the roads leading to IAH are simply impassable making it impossible for employees to report to work. IAH employees have been told to stay home for their safety. Once the storm finally passes the tentative plan is for UA to fly in employees from our other hubs across the system to help out our coworkers in IAH recover because even after the storm passes many of them may not be able to get to work for some time.

There's already 150 of us from DEN ORD CLE LAX IAD and MSP in IAH. We are stranded at our hotels. We flew in on Friday.
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

atl100million

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:12 pm

The National Weather Service got it right even if some people don't understand the gravity of what is happening or think that major businesses including airlines will carry on as usual.

@NWS
This event is unprecedented & all impacts are unknown & beyond anything experienced. Follow orders from officials to ensure safety. #Harvey

You may not even be old enough to remember Katrina but the impact on New Orleans was enormous - and MSY was not a major airline hub and is a smaller city than Houston.

It doesn't matter how many resources UA or WN wants to throw at their hubs. The entire SE Texas region will take months to recover, business will slow to crawl, and the impact will cost the entire region. Contractors and temporary workers do not take the place of high value global business people that are needed to profitably fill flights to Houston.

Whether anyone here realizes it or not, this is an unprecedented disaster in size and scope and it will cost the region and the airlines that serve that region. Funneling connecting traffic won't keep UA and WN from having to reduce the size of their operations in Houston because of the lack of high value business demand.

WWads

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:19 pm

jayunited wrote:
WWads wrote:

Are you sure about that? I've seen 3 revenue flights leave in the last hour. IAH live stream.

I just watched UA75 to DEN push back from C1 after getting catered.

CriticalPoint

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Anyone know how many and what types of aircraft United has on the ground in IAH?

Also this might be a great time to catch United 747s in IAH, when the recovery starts.

thomasphoto60

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Seat1F wrote:
Folks...the Houston metro area will be crippled for months. Neither IAH nor HOU will open to regularly scheduled commercial flights anytime soon. This will likely be the worst natural disaster that the U.S. Has seen in 100 years. All my opinion of course.

When all is said and done, Texas will be lucky if they aren't counting fatalities in the thousands.

So, do you (or anyone for that matter) see IAH (and/HOU) being as adversely affected as MSY was, i.e. carriers dropping IAH like what happened after Katrina?
"Show me the Braniffs"

WWads

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 pm

CriticalPoint wrote:
Anyone know how many and what types of aircraft United has on the ground in IAH?

Also this might be a great time to catch United 747s in IAH, when the recovery starts.

http://www.earthcam.net/projects/housto ... stream.php

smokeybandit
Topic Author

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 pm

There's a lull in the rain in the Houston area now. Flights are probably leaving just to get the plane out of there.

smokeybandit
Topic Author

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:28 pm

Seat1F wrote:

Kind of extreme don't you think? Even Katrina's high death toll was more due to storm surge and the fact New Orleans is largely below sea level.

TTraider95

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:29 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
SiouxFlyer wrote:
IAH closed until noon on the 28th.

Can someone ring BA and tell them pls, BA197 departed LHR 14:54 on route.Guess a divert to AUS is in order.

On Flightaware, it looks like it has turned around to go back to LHR.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW1 ... /EGLL/KIAH

United1

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:30 pm

smokeybandit wrote:
Seat1F wrote:

Kind of extreme don't you think? Even Katrina's high death toll was more due to storm surge and the fact New Orleans is largely below sea level.

Seat1F is being very pessimistic....

UA600 to YVR also just pushed from C33.

United1

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:37 pm

thomasphoto60 wrote:
Seat1F wrote:

So, do you (or anyone for that matter) see IAH (and/HOU) being as adversely affected as MSY was, i.e. carriers dropping IAH like what happened after Katrina?

MSY itself was rather totaled by Katrina to the point they needed to rebuild parts of the terminal.

IAH isn't taking that sort of damage and Houston is a much larger metro area so doubtful we will see the same level sort of reductions in service.

LAXdude1023

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:38 pm

atl100million wrote:
The National Weather Service got it right even if some people don't understand the gravity of what is happening or think that major businesses including airlines will carry on as usual.

@NWS
This event is unprecedented & all impacts are unknown & beyond anything experienced. Follow orders from officials to ensure safety. #Harvey

You may not even be old enough to remember Katrina but the impact on New Orleans was enormous - and MSY was not a major airline hub and is a smaller city than Houston.

It doesn't matter how many resources UA or WN wants to throw at their hubs. The entire SE Texas region will take months to recover, business will slow to crawl, and the impact will cost the entire region. Contractors and temporary workers do not take the place of high value global business people that are needed to profitably fill flights to Houston.

Whether anyone here realizes it or not, this is an unprecedented disaster in size and scope and it will cost the region and the airlines that serve that region. Funneling connecting traffic won't keep UA and WN from having to reduce the size of their operations in Houston because of the lack of high value business demand.

HAHAHAHA!

Yes this storm sucks. Yes, it will cost UA millions of dollars. But your exaggerations are downright stupid and a testament to your lack of objectivity to anything that doesn't directly glorify Delta. I live in this city. Im riding out the storm now. I work in Corporate Travel. People still need to get in and out of here for work. That will NOT change. Comparing this to Katrina is downright stupid.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

Midwestindy

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:38 pm

"All commercial operations at Hobby Airport have ceased until further notice. No flights in/out and roadways in/out are closed." Houston Hobby twitter

"All commercial flight operations have been stopped until further notice. IB/OB roads are closed due to flooding." IAH twitter
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

travaz

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:45 pm

UA 600 to YVR just got airborne. I guess the airport is not closed.

WWads

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:47 pm

travaz wrote:
UA 600 to YVR just got airborne. I guess the airport is not closed.

It's closed for all arrivals except military and humanitarian. It's open for departures, weather-permitting.

ty97

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:58 pm

I can't speak to the veracity of this photo, but this is supposedly a runway at HOU.

https://twitter.com/evanasmith/status/9 ... 4468440064

dc10lover

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:59 pm

Both Houston Airports have suspended operations.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

atl100million

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:59 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
atl100million wrote:

@NWS

HAHAHAHA!

Yes this storm sucks. Yes, it will cost UA millions of dollars. But your exaggerations are downright stupid and a testament to your lack of objectivity to anything that doesn't directly glorify Delta. I live in this city. Im riding out the storm now. I work in Corporate Travel. People still need to get in and out of here for work. That will NOT change. Comparing this to Katrina is downright stupid.

seriously get a grip.

The rain hasn't even stopped in Houston... at best, the NWS is saying the area might have received HALF of the rain that Harvey will send to the area and you are worried about trying to reduce what is ALREADY one of the most extensive natural disasters in the US into a competitive fight between DL and UA?

Note that real experts are calling this unprecedented and most extensive disaster in history.

They are fully aware of Katrina and no one is belittling anything that those people went through.

Houston is simply a much bigger city, there are dozens of pictures of homes, cars and businesses underwater - and again the rain hasn't stopped.

I would suggest you swallow your pride a little bit and understand that the world is bigger than your home, your neighborhood, and the work you do.

This is an unprecedented disaster. Trying to act like a few people will just sweep the front door and all will be back to normal is the height of being disconnected.

I and most other people are in shock at what is happening in Houston and we are very aware, apparently unlike you, of knowing the impact of far smaller disasters on smaller cities and the businesses they serve.

You are free to believe what you want. There are millions of people's lives and businesses that are being profoundly changed by the minute and there will be no quick or fast recovery.

and the rain is still expected to keep coming for days.

AVENSAB727

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:04 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
atl100million wrote:

@NWS

HAHAHAHA!

Agreed, I am riding out the storm now, and there is a pause in the rain in the area where I live in. Harvey is not even close to even being as bad as Katrina, sure Houston is being flooded and soaked with rain, but dealing with catastrophic economic damage because of this? Not a chance in hell. Houston will recover, and once the flooding is gone, back to business as usual.
Always look on the bright side of Life!

MaxTrimm

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:05 pm

https://twitter.com/abc/status/901878120478846981 This is a runway at Hobby apparently. Southwest may be regretting leaving planes there.

travaz

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:06 pm

ty97 wrote:
I can't speak to the veracity of this photo, but this is supposedly a runway at HOU.

https://twitter.com/evanasmith/status/9 ... 4468440064

If that is indeed the runway at HOU, it is not going to be just a matter letting the water drain off there is going to be some serious repairs to the runway, lighting, signage etc.

This is very serious for all the people of Southeast Texas and I hope they stay safe.

dc10lover

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

WWads

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:12 pm

MaxTrimm wrote:
https://twitter.com/abc/status/901878120478846981 This is a runway at Hobby apparently. Southwest may be regretting leaving planes there.

I wonder how waterproof 737s are...

foxecho

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:22 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
Tornado warning for Atascocita (my area), Humble, Kingwood, and IAH.

USCG is now airlifting people on the South side of Houston.

Thanks for the warning, am calling my friends on the Humble/Atascacita line

Andrew
JFK/MEM/MCI/SYR/
..uh, we'll need that to live......

Indy

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:23 pm

AVENSAB727 wrote:
[Agreed, I am riding out the storm now, and there is a pause in the rain in the area where I live in. Harvey is not even close to even being as bad as Katrina, sure Houston is being flooded and soaked with rain, but dealing with catastrophic economic damage because of this? Not a chance in hell. Houston will recover, and once the flooding is gone, back to business as usual.

That is not how floods work. It isn't like getting a little water in your basement. Once the water dries then all is well. If that were the case then Louisiana would have been fine. Water ruins things. Depending on the severity of the flooding, many still standing structures will have to be torn down or completely gutted and rebuilt. There is the damage the water creates and then there is the post flooding risk of mold. This isn't one of those injuries that you just rub some dirt on and move on. Flooding is extremely destructive.

WWads

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Twitter never disappoints...

atl100million

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:40 pm

Indy wrote:
AVENSAB727 wrote:
[Agreed, I am riding out the storm now, and there is a pause in the rain in the area where I live in. Harvey is not even close to even being as bad as Katrina, sure Houston is being flooded and soaked with rain, but dealing with catastrophic economic damage because of this? Not a chance in hell. Houston will recover, and once the flooding is gone, back to business as usual.

That is not how floods work. It isn't like getting a little water in your basement. Once the water dries then all is well. If that were the case then Louisiana would have been fine. Water ruins things. Depending on the severity of the flooding, many still standing structures will have to be torn down or completely gutted and rebuilt. There is the damage the water creates and then there is the post flooding risk of mold. This isn't one of those injuries that you just rub some dirt on and move on. Flooding is extremely destructive.

exactly.
There are already pictures of concrete and block buildings that are suffering potential failure of walls due to the force of water on them... basements of even large commercial buildings are flooding.
And the rain is still expected to continue for days.

There are many parts of the Houston area that are being devastated.

And the actual number of cancelled flights at both Houston airports will easily push into the thousands within a few days.

AVENSAB727

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Indy wrote:
AVENSAB727 wrote:

I am just saying that I don't think we should be making comparisons to Katrina, MSY and New Orleans are below sea level, IAH and Houston isn't.

ralphs

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:43 pm

MaxTrimm wrote:
Southwest has 15 aircraft on the ground at HOU according to FR24

There's an itemization here I can't see due to not having a FR24 subscription: https://www.flightradar24.com/airport/hou/ground

I wonder generally how many airframes are parked at Houston. I also wonder what happens if 10+ feet of standing water comes along...

c933103

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:46 pm

Seems like there are about 500 people trapped within HOU
The message in signature have been removed according to demand.

Indy

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:50 pm

AVENSAB727 wrote:
Indy wrote:
AVENSAB727 wrote:

I am just saying that I don't think we should be making comparisons to Katrina, MSY and New Orleans are below sea level, IAH and Houston isn't.

Flooding is flooding. Doesn't matter if it happens because you are below sea level, along the Mississippi River, or just sitting in what amounts to a giant bowl. The only thing that matters is that there is a flood and this will last for days.

AVENSAB727

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Indy wrote:
AVENSAB727 wrote:
Indy wrote:

Flooding is flooding. Doesn't matter if it happens because you are below sea level, along the Mississippi River, or just sitting in what amounts to a giant bowl. The only thing that matters is that there is a flood and this will last for days.

Yes, and this has happened before, once the flooding subsides and the damage repaired, things will return to normal, this is only temporary and will only affect the region so.

jayunited

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:52 pm

WWads wrote:
Are you sure about that? I've seen 3 revenue flights leave in the last hour. IAH live stream.

I just watched UA75 to DEN push back from C1 after getting catered.

You are correct a few commercial flights are leaving IAH but UA has already canceled the rest of today' s and all of tomorrow morning scheduled flights out of IAH. This information is coming directly from EOC (Emergency Operations Center) here at Willis Tower. For the past few days the EOC has been operational and Oscar and his entire time of executives have been in the building overseeing and coordinating with UA airport operations, IAH operations, the FAA, and Houston local agencies to make sure they have the most up to date information. I believe some of the executives have just left for the day but will be back here early tomorrow morning. There may be a few more flights leaving IAH but at it stands right now UA has canceled 448 mainline flights on today (Sunday), and we have canceled 565 UAX flights these numbers do not include Monday's cancellations. Perhaps my earlier comments were posted to soon but the decision has been made to close IAH for now until Monday afternoon at 12pm. We do have a few flights heading to IAH with emergency supplies and employees UA is sending a 773ER from ORD UA2761 scheduled to leave ORD at 1500 with emergency supplies and employees that aircraft will then return to ORD the plan is take any stranded passengers at IAH and to move any left over baggage whose final destination isn't IAH or southeast Texas.

Slcpilot

Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:55 pm

For verification on the euro run comment earlier. There's a sentence that wasn't especially clear. It is very likely that the storm will return to the Gulf of Mexico, restrengthen, and make a direct landfall near Houston. This is not a 100% guarantee but it's likely enough that it should NOT be taken lightly.
I don't like to be fueled by anger, I don't like to be fooled by lust...

ikramerica

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
"All commercial operations at Hobby Airport have ceased until further notice. No flights in/out and roadways in/out are closed." Houston Hobby twitter

"All commercial flight operations have been stopped until further notice. IB/OB roads are closed due to flooding." IAH twitter

Yep. Most communities are isolated right now due to highway/frontage road flooding. My uncle lives in Kingwood and they are fine but isolated on "Kingwood island" until further notice.

This is not the first time this has happened. It's just more extreme because the storm stopped moving.

I was in EYW when Georges stopped moving and made things worse. But it will pass and people not in the direct line will recover.

Katrina was different because of the levies and the politics and the complete failure of local authorities to prepare. Even then the death toll was exaggerated for political reasons, which is twisted. The bulk of those who died did so in drowning and flood injury deaths that occurred in NO in locations well below sea level. There was nowhere to go and poor evactuation management. Houston is not similar. There is no levee system and those in the path of rising waters can be moved to higher ground/locations further from rivers. Most drownings will happen due to people trapped in cars. Those, for the most part, have already happened though not al souls have been discovered.

To compare the two storms as similar is to not understand them at all. It was a "known known" what would happen to New Orleans if hit by a large hurricane storm surge, but preparations were not made. It's also a "known known" what happens when Houston gets hit, because it's happened many times before.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

jumbojet

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:13 pm

This is people's livelihood, it puts food on the table and pays the mortgage for many of Anetters and the tens of thousands of people that are being effected by this in the greater Houston area. Whether you like UA, South West, are a Delta fanboy or a DL hater, throw that all out the window now. There is drone footage over the greater Houston area on weather.com. The scope and the dynamics of this storm are unprecedented. I wish all that are directly affected by this storm a very speedy recovery to getting back to normal. I think in times like this, all airlines, all people, help one another. There is no competition right now at IAH and HOU. It is survival and all must help.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos