Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flyyul
Topic Author

WOW Air suspending Montreal?

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:29 pm

WOW Air has seemed to stop selling their daily YUL-KEF eff 03Jun 2018. All other services are selling normally through their website. Has WOW Air decided to discontinue Montreal and fund the airplane resources towards US growth?

eaa3

Re: WOW Air suspending Montreal?

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Why would an airline stop flying at the beginning of summer? I suspect it's just that the schedule hasn't been put in for the summer.

SpaceshipDC10

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:01 pm

I guess that unless their aircraft were coming or going to YUL much too empty to make it the least economical for them to keep a daily flight.they'd probably reduce frequencies before pulling out altogether.

enilria

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:20 pm

flyyul wrote:
WOW Air has seemed to stop selling their daily YUL-KEF eff 03Jun 2018. All other services are selling normally through their website. Has WOW Air decided to discontinue Montreal and fund the airplane resources towards US growth?

Are they selling anything anywhere after that? That's very far out. No airline is selling beyond July. 330 days is the maximum, so if they are not selling something at ~280 days it may not be very meaningful.

eaa3

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:33 pm

enilria wrote:
flyyul wrote:

Are they selling anything anywhere after that? That's very far out. No airline is selling beyond July. 330 days is the maximum, so if they are not selling something at ~280 days it may not be very meaningful.

Notice that most cities are not being sold beyond June 3rd 2018. It's because most of the schedule hasn't been added yet beyond that date.

Thefireset

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:33 pm

I went on WOW website I did a reseach for YUL - KEF on july 2018 and I don't work. I tried with a different airport (BWI) with the same date and it work so I think WOW Air is suspending flights from Montreal.

eaa3

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Thefireset wrote:
I went on WOW website I did a reseach for YUL - KEF on july 2018 and I don't work. I tried with a different airport (BWI) with the same date and it work so I think WOW Air is suspending flights from Montreal.

It's not. It just isn't. Do the same thing with Boston.

kelvin933

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:40 pm

Thefireset wrote:

Wow is changing their connection banks in May 2018 (additional connection banks) some current routes may be moved to the new 20:30-21:30 bank for flights leaving for North America. There is also a new bank in the morning with flights from NA arriving 10:30-11:00.
“Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.”