Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Luisvalero
Topic Author

Oman Air new destinations

Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:51 pm

With the arrival of 4 more B787 to its fleet + a solid growth, Im wondering which new destinations is Oman Air planning to serve. I can see as new destinations:

Madrid
Brussels
Amsterdam
Rome
Istanbul
Moscow
Tunis/Algiers/Casablanca
Addis Ababa
Johannesburg
Beirut (resumption;why cancelled?)
Ahmedabad
Amritsar
Pune
Dhaka (resumption;why cancelled?)
Singapore (resumption;why cancelled?)

UA777EWRTLV

Re: Oman Air new destinations

Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:11 pm

I remember a year or two back reading an article with the CEO of OmanAir stating that they would like to start JFK in 2018. I wish I could remember the source.

Luisvalero
Topic Author

Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:35 pm

UA777EWRTLV wrote:
I remember a year or two back reading an article with the CEO of OmanAir stating that they would like to start JFK in 2018. I wish I could remember the source.

That's absolutely wrong. There's an interview on YouTube in which Oman Air's CEO states that they don't have plans in the near future to serve North America, focusing on a sustainable growth adding closer destinations in Europe, Africa & Asia. What they want is to build a good network among close countries to use in a profitable way their aircraft, using them as much as possible in one day

UA777EWRTLV

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Luisvalero wrote:
UA777EWRTLV wrote:

That's absolutely wrong. There's an interview on YouTube in which Oman Air's CEO states that they don't have plans in the near future to serve North America, focusing on a sustainable growth adding closer destinations in Europe, Africa & Asia. What they want is to build a good network among close countries to use in a profitable way their aircraft, using them as much as possible in one day

Ok.

Found it.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/oman-air ... 19266.html

Luisvalero
Topic Author

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:43 pm

UA777EWRTLV wrote:
Luisvalero wrote:
UA777EWRTLV wrote:

Ok.

Found it.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/oman-air ... 19266.html

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yH1HUsaWnZc

by738

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Brussels, Copenhagen and Dublin ?! ;)

directorguy

Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:07 pm

Would be nice to see them upgrade regional flights to widebodied aircraft, or at least upgrade their 737s.
I have flown them a few times on "regional" routes and some of these flights werre aircraft and crew leased from some Czech airline.
They spend so much time marketing their premium cabins on A330s and 787s to flagship routes like London or Bangkok but reality flying from Beirut or Dubai or India is so different.
At least the ME3 and even Gulf Air have a consistent product across their network. WY have the weakest brand.

bunumuring

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:20 pm

Hey guys,
Wasn't Sydney mentioned as a possible future destination a long while ago by Oman Air itself?
I have vague recollection of it.... But I can't see it working.
Cheers
Bunumuring
I just wanna live while I'm alive!

w253sxs

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi, You have any update on Oman Air plans for new destinations especially Amritsar (ATQ). They added more flights to India in November 2016 and this year in summer but no new destinations. I wrote to them requesting to add Amritsar as the future destination. They do not have any more seats left in the bilateral agreement now and Amritsar is also not a point of contact for carriers from Oman. Hoping that India expansion will happen soon with the addition of Amritsar.

Luisvalero wrote:
With the arrival of 4 more B787 to its fleet + a solid growth, Im wondering which new destinations is Oman Air planning to serve. I can see as new destinations:

Madrid
Brussels
Amsterdam
Rome
Istanbul
Moscow
Tunis/Algiers/Casablanca
Addis Ababa
Johannesburg
Beirut (resumption;why cancelled?)
Ahmedabad
Amritsar
Pune
Dhaka (resumption;why cancelled?)
Singapore (resumption;why cancelled?)

Zaf

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 pm

HKG is long overdue
AMS VIE BCN would make sense

FlyingHollander

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:00 pm

KLM already flies AMS-DMM-MCT. I don't see Oman Air adding AMS before KLM goes non stop.
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much.

asuflyer

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:21 pm

Oman Air is expanding albeit very slowly. The government of Oman has pulled back on its financial support for the airline and it is receiving fewer subsidies than before even as they are having record load factors. The plan is to retire the A330's in a few years and replace them with more 787's or A350's. It was mentioned that they are strongly looking at HKG and ICN and possibly setting up a dedicated cargo airline. Their CEO additionally just resigned and they gutted the Chauffeur driver service similar to EY, so their might be a new strategy in the near future.

LH658

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:04 am

Pretty sure pax rather earn there mileage with Skyteam, and stick to AMS to MCT on KLM.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos