WaywardMemphian
Topic Author

XNA talks growth

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:30 pm

Expecting 1.3 million nplanements per year in less than 20 years.

http://talkbusiness.net/2017/08/xna-boa ... -projects/

They are in desperate need of an LCC not named Allegiant. Enplanements actually went down from last year's number this July. Folks are seeking lower fares elsewhere, I have. Lots of folks still driving to Tulsa for Southwest.

jb1087xna

Re: XNA talks growth

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:17 am

WaywardMemphian wrote:
Expecting 1.3 million nplanements per year in less than 20 years.

http://talkbusiness.net/2017/08/xna-boa ... -projects/

They are in desperate need of an LCC not named Allegiant. Enplanements actually went down from last year's number this July. Folks are seeking lower fares elsewhere, I have. Lots of folks still driving to Tulsa for Southwest.

I've been loyal to XNA over the last 5 years or so, mainly because I dread the return car drive of 2-3 hours depending upon the airport (TUL, MCI, LIT, etc).
Mixed feelings on what they want. I'm a little skeptical for the need of developing the B side of the airport and needing it to be complete before or by 2020 at the earliest. IIRC, A1, A10, and A12 all sit empty without any of the 4 scheduled airlines ever using them regularly. A12 doesn't even have a jet bridge attached. I think if they saw any short-term opportunities, adding a podium and a jet bridge to A12 would be pennies compared to the dollars for developing the B side. IMHO, a lack of gate space is not an immediate issue that would detract from any new entrant to the market.
I do think the parking deck is long overdue though and it'll pay off very quickly. My car was a victim of hail damage earlier this year because of the lack of covered parking.

XNA2ASG

Re: XNA talks growth

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:05 pm

With those two new gates I could see that becoming a cure to our need of a new carrier.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos