guyanam

Re: Hurricane Irma's Impact on Aviation

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:11 pm

jumbojet wrote:
.Next time you go, tip your taxi driver, waitress/waiter, bell boy etc an extra $50 or whatever you can afford. This way, the money goes right to their own pockets.

Good idea. Many of these people on SXM aren't locals so who knows what help they will get as they aren't Dutch citizens. Even for the locals many probably don't have proper property insurance and so will be in difficulties.

And of course an island which is 80% dependent on tourism will see tough times, maybe for at least the next year or so. With all of the scenes of mass destruction, even after the recovery has been completed many tourists will be reluctant to visit.

Let us hope that the "looting" will be desperate people trying to get supplies and not opportunistic criminals. It is to be understood that with their food and other essentials probably destroyed some might have to get their supplies from where ever they can. That is until the authorities have put in place measures to help them.

guyanam

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:12 pm

tjwgrr wrote:
vfw614 wrote:
The Brits have begun today to dispatch a number of C17s and I understand that one will bring in two Puma helicopters to assist work in the BVI and on turks & Caicos.

Brit BVI support heading to ANU or STX?

I think that ANU will be the base for support to the BVI and AXA. STX I think has its own problems.

vfw614

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Brit BVI support heading to ANU or STX?

Initially to Barbados and from there to the BVI depending on the situation. First aircraft into BGI are A C17 and a Voyager, the latter with 200 military personnel.

My understanding is that RFA Mounts Bay is now in the vicinity of the BVI after having made an en-route stop at Anguilla. It has a Wildcat / Lynx helicopter on board. Also en route is the Royal Navy's flag ship, helicopter carrier HMS Ocean, but it will take almost two weeks before she arrives from the med. She has been withdrawn from a NATO mission on the med.
Last edited by vfw614 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mozart

Airlines flying over eye of hurricane Irma

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:38 pm

On Flightradar24 I saw how one flight, JetBlue 563 on September 7, flew right over the eye of the storm. Which I find surprising. True, jet planes may fly high enough to be above the weather, but in the case of a cabin decompression they have to reduce their altitude to 10,000 ft - and that probably would no longer be above the weather.

What am I missing in my logic? I can't imagine that an airline would take such a risk?

backfire103

Re: Airlines flying over eye of hurricane Irma

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:42 pm

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/statu ... 5189363714

Their tracking modules have been damaged from the storm.

c933103

Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:49 pm

I think in other siutuation I have also seen aircrafts fly through eye wall of strong tropical cyclones. Like last month when an Ethiopian aircraft tries to land on HKG when the typhoon signal 10 was hoisted, it seems to have passed through the eye of the typhoon at around 5000ft before the attempt.
When no other countries around the world is going to militarily stop China and its subordinate fom abusing its citizens within its national boundary, it is unreasonable to expect those abuse can be countered with purely peaceful means.

Brickell305

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:13 pm

guyanam wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
.Next time you go, tip your taxi driver, waitress/waiter, bell boy etc an extra $50 or whatever you can afford. This way, the money goes right to their own pockets.

Good idea. Many of these people on SXM aren't locals so who knows what help they will get as they aren't Dutch citizens. Even for the locals many probably don't have proper property insurance and so will be in difficulties.

And of course an island which is 80% dependent on tourism will see tough times, maybe for at least the next year or so. With all of the scenes of mass destruction, even after the recovery has been completed many tourists will be reluctant to visit.

Let us hope that the "looting" will be desperate people trying to get supplies and not opportunistic criminals. It is to be understood that with their food and other essentials probably destroyed some might have to get their supplies from where ever they can. That is until the authorities have put in place measures to help them.

I've seen video of looting taking place at Boolchand's. Unfortunately, people are walking with major electronics such as flat screen TVs. Who know where they will put and use them but that's what's going on.

litz

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:01 pm

On the subject of aviation (not looting), the track is now forecast to go basically across Atlanta, after driving straight up the middle of Florida.

At the very least, that's going to put a major hurricane directly over Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and possibly Tampa and Orlando as well.

And possibly extended rainfall and tropical force winds at ATL.

The possibilities for extended nationwide disruptions (esp. for Delta) are pretty huge.

litz

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:05 pm

If there's a hole in the weather, certainly a plane can try and "punch through" ...

Or you do like DL431/302 did, and go in between the bands.

But flying OVER the eye? that's "in theory" possible, but hardly likely ... smaller hurricanes top out around 30,000 feet, larger ones at least 45,000 feet.

A monster cat5 with 185mph winds? almost assuredly top of that scale if not higher.

Irma is one of those storms where if a cat6 existed, it would have qualified.

(note: the only reason there isn't a cat6 is, the scale is based on damages the winds can cause. To quote the NHC, "you can't get more catastrophic than catastrophic")

Newbiepilot

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:16 pm

The flight tracker doesn't know where the plane is. The flight plan has the plane over Cuba all the way south to Jamaica before heading east to Puerto Rico. Once the airplane hit Cuban airspace, flight tracker lost the airplane and probably plotted a straight line to SJU from last known position. The flight time was 3 hours 10 minutes instead of a normal of 2 hours 40 with a planned route of 1371 miles compared to a direct route of 1047 miles.

YYZSpotter1991

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:28 pm

I was supposed to travel to SXM on Sept. 14, but those initial plans are out the window. I'm looking at alternatives for the same period; probably CUN. As soon as Sunwing's hurricane policy kicks in (which I believe is three days prior to departure), that's probably when we'll be rerouted.
Toronto-based flyer since 1997

2Holer4Longhaul

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:31 pm

litz wrote:
On the subject of aviation (not looting), the track is now forecast to go basically across Atlanta, after driving straight up the middle of Florida.

At the very least, that's going to put a major hurricane directly over Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and possibly Tampa and Orlando as well.

And possibly extended rainfall and tropical force winds at ATL.

The possibilities for extended nationwide disruptions (esp. for Delta) are pretty huge.

Oy vey.
Just about all the LCCs have a big presence in FLL, plus AA's hub in Miami and as you mentioned DL's ATL superhub. Possibly, we'll see some impact on CLT as well, as it's rather close to Atlanta. Looks like a hell of a mess for everyone.
AS+VX, UA, HA, and SY are really the only US carriers that aren't going to get hit hard.
"You know, if you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything, wouldn't you, at any time? And you would achieve nothing!" - Margaret Thatcher

admanager

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:50 pm

NO. consider how powerful a hurricane is.
According to NOAA...Total energy released through cloud/rain formation:
An average hurricane produces 1.5 cm/day (0.6 inches/day) of rain inside a circle of radius 665 km (360 n.mi) (Gray 1981). (More rain falls in the inner portion of hurricane around the eyewall, less in the outer rainbands.) Converting this to a volume of rain gives 2.1 x 1016 cm3/day. A cubic cm of rain weighs 1 gm. Using the latent heat of condensation, this amount of rain produced gives
5.2 x 1019 Joules/day or
6.0 x 1014 Watts.
This is equivalent to 200 times the world-wide electrical generating capacity - an incredible amount of energy produced!

jeremydavis

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:55 pm

AS+VX, UA, HA, and SY are really the only US carriers that aren't going to get hit hard.

UA got hammered with Harvey a couple weeks ago....
Last edited by jeremydavis on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brickell305

Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Another question that comes to mind is what will the lasting impact of Irma be? Is Winair still viable? Is LIAT in its current form still viable? Is there a purpose for an Antigua hub/base if EIS and SXM are no longer viable destinations?

pygmalion

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:09 pm

Agreed that its staggering amount of energy... but the hurricane is not producing it.... it's taking heat energy from the warm water, the rotational energy from the coriolis forces and winds aloft and then turning that energy into the storm. What goes out... came from somewhere.

vfw614

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:56 pm

My take: Most of LIAT's destinations have been unaffected and those that have will be back in business soon with the exception of very few. I don't think it is big problem for them. Winair is different, but it is really interesting to read on the St. Barths forum how positive the locals are that St. Barths will be back in business very soon.

Re the current situation: The Hurricane Hunter plane at work: https://www.flightradar24.com/NOAA49/ec9a4bc

I also note on FR24 that a TUI UK 787 is now heading Punta Cana - Orlando SFB. Is that a regular routing?

edmaircraft

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:42 pm

One of a handful of AA flights taking folks over to DFW...

https://www.flightradar24.com/AAL9250/eca4461

Another few AA evac flights currently in the air are AA9549, AA9548, AA9666, and possibly AA9658. Other possible evac flights also in the air atm are NK8622 (FLL-DFW) and WN8840 (FLL-DAL).

Also, B66441 is currently a half hour out of BQN (Aguadilla).
Let me up!

DakotaFlyer

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:50 pm

Might be off topic, but anyone have a good resource to keep track of SXM recovery? It has always been on my bucket list and after hurricane I really want to go sooner the better to help the local economy even is just in a small way.

vfw614

Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:55 pm

This is the other Hurricane Hunter plane: https://www.flightradar24.com/NOAA42/ec9f7da

FR24 also shows an Air Antilles ATR42 returning from SFG and also a Dominican Air Force CASA212 returning from SBH - wonder if those are FR24 mistakes or genuine.

guyanam

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
Another question that comes to mind is what will the lasting impact of Irma be? Is Winair still viable? Is LIAT in its current form still viable? Is there a purpose for an Antigua hub/base if EIS and SXM are no longer viable destinations?

Winair will have a serious problem given that their base is SXM. Saba, SBH and Statia cannot however be without service so this is a serious issue. These islands are not only hit by the hurricane but also the repercussions of not having an economy as they don't have air service. Both Saba and Statia have off shore medical schools. Sadly even though those islands weren't badly hit the SXM problem might force these facilities to close. I think that Winair will have to scale back to its original role of connecting SXM to SBH, SAB and Statia, and cutting its other flights. Pity as it had just become a profitable venture.

LI will be fine as most of their operations are out of their BGI hub. SKB is still open and so I can see LI running some of its southbound flights via that island, or an at a minimum a daily ANU SKB ANU service. From what I observe SKB accounts for at least 50% of the passengers on the LI planes landing there. SKB is the financial center of the OECS so they have to have service to that island.

I think that SXM was in decline anyway with the onset of online shopping. LI had sharply cut back flights to that island. With the economy of EIS shot many of the non nationals are going to have to leave, so even if EIS re-opens its viability as an LI destination will be impaired. Even when EIS re-opens I think that the BGI EIS BGI route is gone.

AA777

Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:09 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:
Might be off topic, but anyone have a good resource to keep track of SXM recovery? It has always been on my bucket list and after hurricane I really want to go sooner the better to help the local economy even is just in a small way.

I was supposed to go on a trip to SXM for my birthday in early October. Now have no idea what's going to happen, if AA will refund me, so far they say they will not. Have also thought about trying to go (if AA is flying there again) and volunteer in the recovery somehow but have no idea how I could organize that. If anyone knows of volunteer organizations that are helping, please feel free to let me know. So so sad what's happened in SXM. Such a lovely island, lovely people.

AA777

MSPSXMFLIER

Re: Hurricane Irma's Impact on the Lesser Antilles

Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:14 pm

Revelation wrote:
MSPSXMFLIER wrote:
I've been scrolling through my photos of SXM, from my most recent trip taken this past March, and it's so very depressIng to realize that much of what I saw, enjoyed, walked past, ate a meal at, photographed, excursioned, etc... is either destroyed and piled in a heap of debris or blown into the Caribbean Sea, heavily damaged and will have to be torn down and rebuilt or simply stripped bare and wiped from the surface of the island. This is truly devastating for the island and will take many, many years to put right. Nothing has been left unaffected.....people's lives, basic island infrastructure and services, resorts/hotels and related tourism businesses and the ports of entry to the island (PJIA, Grand Case airport and the ship terminals).

Well, I'm sure we both feel the most sorry for the people who are on SXM and the other nearby islands. And I feel sorry for your sense of loss. And my sense of loss is that going to SXM was on my bucket list for years now and I didn't make it happen and now it seems it might not be possible for quite a while.

And if any of us want to do more than feel sorry, and are able, here's one place to start: Save The Children -- Hurricane Irma

I'm sure there's other ways to help too.

I was watching a BBC reporter talking to a woman on Barbuda who summed up the aftermath by saying that "We are not coping!" I think that would definitely apply to SXM as well. I'm seeing the first pictures of planes that have landed at SXM, carrying supplies and military forces to help police the island. I'm trying to figure out how to post photos on this site, but with no luck as of yet. My few attempts have not worked out.

It truly was a beautiful place to vacation, no matter what side you were on.

I've already contributed a donation to UNICEF and am working with my company to solicit first aid, health/beauty supplies and other immediate need items to be sent.

ADrum23

Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Just saw on ABC World News the reports of all the people trying to fly out of MIA and FLL, and how the airlines were sending extra seats down to accommodate them all. I thought to myself, "It's too bad none of the US airlines have the A380. If they did, they could send that down to MIA and evacuate the people."

AJMntheSkies

Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:58 pm

I am an every day lurker but I seldom post, but this time I have a question.

BSK 545 (Miami Air International) just took off from BNA enroute to MIA using ship N739MA. FR24 had posted on Twitter that an F9 flight from the west was the last inbound flight to MIA before it closes but what is the purpose of the BSK flight. Did someone charter an extra plane or is it enroute with someone's personnel or perhaps supplies (for what a passenger charter plane can carry). Can't find anything online...

I am located in the area of SFB, luckily the storm will weaken [if only somewhat] before it heads to Central/Northern Florida, we'll still take a big hit but will take what we can get.

ltbewr

Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:59 pm

MIA as to AA is pretty much shut down as of about 7 PM EST, other airlines are or will be ending service tonight. Cruise liners dumped many 1000's of pax into MIA and FLL, some transiting via MIA to South American locations so many will have to bused to inland shelters. Apparently some transit pax cannot get their luggage and won't for days. All airports in Florida and into southern Georgia will be pretty much shut down Saturday and likely into late Monday. Hopefully they can be reopened on a limited basis soon after this storm passes to get people out and rescue/recovery in.

FlyerLGW

WG732 YYZ-MBJ diverts to HAV squawking 7700

Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:09 am

So i got a notification from a colleague in Naples FL that this plane's code is sqk7700 ?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 32#eca38da
Last edited by qf789 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: non descriptive title

Wingtips56

Re: IRMA EMERGENCY 7700 ?

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:16 am

FlightAware shows SWG 732 diverted to Havana.
Worked for WestAir, Apollo Airways, Desert Pacific, Western, AirCal and American Airlines (Retired). Flight Memory: 181 airports, 92 airlines, 78 a/c types, 403 routes, 58 countries (by air), 6 continents. 1,119,414 passenger miles.

Home airport : CEC

Indy

Re: IRMA EMERGENCY 7700 ?

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:21 am

I have to ask... what were they thinking trying to fly that route so close to Irma?
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

tp1040

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:12 am

Out of curiosity. Today, did NSP8 really fly GSO SXM SJU and back to GSO. Flightaware was tracking it.

As best I can tell it is the Samaritans Purse DC87?? Actually reg is N782SP

LamboAston

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:51 am

tp1040 wrote:
Out of curiosity. Today, did NSP8 really fly GSO SXM SJU and back to GSO. Flightaware was tracking it.

As best I can tell it is the Samaritans Purse DC87?? Actually reg is N782SP

Yes, it did.
AS350, B733/4/7/8, B744/8, B762/3, B77E/L/W, B789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A346, A380, AT73/5/6, Q300, Q400, CR2/7, E190, S340, B1900C/D, E110 (E for epic)
NZ, EK, QF, SQ, UA, US, CO, FZ, FR, U2, BA, VA, VS, MH, EI, EY, LH, EN, NM, TG, GZ

Draken21fx

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:08 am

Scrambling out of DAB toward AUO...and there is lots of them...

ltbewr

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:52 am

As of Saturday Am, the projected path of Irma seems to be shifting west with the 'eye' to along the western coast of Florida. MIA and other eastern coast airports may avoid some of the worst damage but could it get worse for airports on the west side, like TPA and still bad for Orlando area ones.

longhaul67

Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:51 pm

Watching FR24 right now.

WG9200 /SWG9200 from YYZ to VRA is in a holding pattern near Key West. Appears to be diverting to somewhere.

Why would they even take off and head for a destination so close to Irma?

AA300B

Sunwing 737 flying into Hurricane Irma

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:21 pm

While looking at FlightRadar24 I noticed Sunwing has operated two flights into VRA from Toronto this morning despite Hurricane Irma making landfall over the island earlier today. One of the flights is already diverting to HAV after being in a holding pattern for about 20 minutes. Seems like they are taking a big chance, given current weather conditions. How often is it for airlines to operate flights in to adverse weather conditions? We know KLM just flew their 747 during the typhoon in HKG, looks like Sunwing's crew is about to attempt the same?

Current METAR in VRA:
MUVR 091254Z 35022G32KT 4000 2000SE RA FEW015 OVC050 26/25 Q099

TAF in HAV:
MUHA 091100Z 0912/1012 36010KT 7000 FEW018CB BKN030

E145, E170, E190, A310, A300, A319, A320, A321, A330, A340, A380, 717 727, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 77W, 787

Web500sjc

Kingston FIR outage

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:57 pm

According to The FAA OIS current operations plan, https://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/ the Kingston FIR is currently experiencing a compleatle outage. KIN and MBJ are not accepting any arrivals and flights filed through the airspace are need 10 minutes in trail spacing, so they can expect holding of up to an hour near Havana.

Any idea what the outage is about, looks like a radar outage, but I can't imagine this is anything Irma related.
Boiler Up!

TropicalSky

Re: Kingston FIR outage

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:09 pm

Web500sjc wrote:
According to The FAA OIS current operations plan, https://www.fly.faa.gov/ois/ the Kingston FIR is currently experiencing a compleatle outage. KIN and MBJ are not accepting any arrivals and flights filed through the airspace are need 10 minutes in trail spacing, so they can expect holding of up to an hour near Havana.

Any idea what the outage is about, looks like a radar outage, but I can't imagine this is anything Irma related.

There might be holding but no where near Habana with Hurricane Irma making landfall in Cuba as speak.....

FoxtrotSierra

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:21 pm

ltbewr wrote:
As of Saturday Am, the projected path of Irma seems to be shifting west with the 'eye' to along the western coast of Florida. MIA and other eastern coast airports may avoid some of the worst damage but could it get worse for airports on the west side, like TPA and still bad for Orlando area ones.

Noticed the same thing, it's literally a disaster waiting to happen. Let's hope that TPA can weather this one out, although EYW will definitely take a severe pasting if it gets hit as a Cat 4 or 5.

longhaul67

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:22 pm

From Sunwings website:
"Storm conditions from Hurricane Irma are expected in the area of Varadero tomorrow, September 9th, and as a result we are now cancelling all southbound flights into this airport. Passengers on the cancelled WG680 from Toronto to Varadero and the WG688 from Montreal to Varadero have the option to rebook or change destination as per the flexible policies we have put in place for passengers whose travel has been affected by the hurricane. Please note, corresponding northbound flights will operate as scheduled."

Could those southbound flights be evacuating passengers who want to leave?

AJMntheSkies

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:41 pm

Another question - where/where did G4 send their aircraft based at SFB and PIE? Surely they can't just be parking them on the ramp when there was time to get them out...
I'm curious and looked but I can't find any flights under G49XXX or G48XXX for movement, or are they just leaving their planes at the destinations out of SFB for return? Or just on the ramp?

AMollenhauer9

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:51 pm

AJMntheSkies wrote:
Another question - where/where did G4 send their aircraft based at SFB and PIE? Surely they can't just be parking them on the ramp when there was time to get them out...
I'm curious and looked but I can't find any flights under G49XXX or G48XXX for movement, or are they just leaving their planes at the destinations out of SFB for return? Or just on the ramp?

I believe there are several G4 aircraft currently parked in IND.

727LOVER

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:03 pm

DL had a special SRQ-JFK flight today

E D I T:
to add....all SRQ flights arriving and departing for the rest of the day are cancelled.

I'm noticing that TPA still has plenty of flights left for today :confused:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Indy

Re: WG732 YYZ-MBJ diverts to HAV squawking 7700

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:17 pm

Ok this is a really strange flight. I guess somewhere south of Miami the plane squawks 7700. It does 2 or 3 full circles and then flights a much further distance to Havana instead of turning around and diverting to Miami which was half the distance. What does the flight to next? It flies back to Toronto instead of finishing the flight to Montego Bay. Can anyone shed some light on this?

N383SW

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:21 pm

Indy wrote:
Ok this is a really strange flight. I guess somewhere south of Miami the plane squawks 7700. It does 2 or 3 full circles and then flights a much further distance to Havana instead of turning around and diverting to Miami which was half the distance. What does the flight to next? It flies back to Toronto instead of finishing the flight to Montego Bay. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I think I read somewhere that MBJ and KIN lost all communication from a lightening strike.

ytib

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:23 pm

Lightning strike in MBJ and airspace in Jamaica is closed.
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news ... -equipment
Airbus:318,319,320,321,332,333,388
Boeing:707,717,732,733,734,73Q,735,73G,738,7M8,739,752,753,742,74L,744,762,763,772,77L,77W,789
Misc:142,CN1,CR2,CR7,DC8,DH2,DH8,D8Q,D10,D95,EM2,ER3,ER4,E70,100,J31,M11,M83,M88,M90,SF3

Where is Neil

Indy

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:27 pm

ytib wrote:
Lightning strike in MBJ and airspace in Jamaica is closed.
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news ... -equipment

Thanks for the reply. I wonder how often something like this happens.

coairman

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Does anyone think that there is a good probability that the hurricane models might be wrong and Irma might just continue westward into the Gulf of Mexico instead of hitting Florida? It hasn't made it projected turn yet to the North.
The views I express are of my own, and not the company I work for.

71Zulu

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:05 pm

coairman wrote:
Does anyone think that there is a good probability that the hurricane models might be wrong and Irma might just continue westward into the Gulf of Mexico instead of hitting Florida? It hasn't made it projected turn yet to the North.
One of the models has it going to MOB, that's as far west as I have seen. Any turn that happens wouldn't be until tomorrow (Sunday) I thought.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Revelation

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:20 pm

71Zulu wrote:
coairman wrote:
One of the models has it going to MOB, that's as far west as I have seen. Any turn that happens wouldn't be until tomorrow (Sunday) I thought.

Who knows?

Hurricane Irma satellite loop, latest track
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

LightningZ71

Re: Kingston FIR outage

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:00 pm

According to another thread here, this outage seems to be due to a lightning strike.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos