Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aemoreira1981

Re: DL Sends 744 To Orlando To Pick Up Evacuees

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:19 pm

As per RoutesOnline's Twitter account, DL is also flying in two B77L rescue flights into Orlando from ATL---given that the A330-300s have 2 additional seats, I would imagine that there aren't any A333s to spare, or the 77Ls can better tanker fuel.

jreuschl

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Buffalomatt1027 wrote:
honestly .... this is a money grab for the airlines and Delta. Amazing they are sending a 747 and getting the publicity for it. But Delta knows they are selling tickets for people wanting to get out of florida. They will make a killing off this.

What's with these bash DL posts in this and the SJU topic? You'd rather they just cancel?

I notice DL and B6 are the only two with flights out of RSW this morning (and one Frontier flight). They are likely to take a more direct hit than MCO.

Looks like the big money grabbing DL 853 RSW-DTW will be the last flight out before the curricane.

But they're just doing it to make a killing I suppose. No one else wants $$ so they'll just cancel.
Last edited by jreuschl on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buffalomatt1027

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:39 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Buffalomatt1027 wrote:
honestly .... this is a money grab for the airlines and Delta. Amazing they are sending a 747 and getting the publicity for it. But Delta knows they are selling tickets for people wanting to get out of florida. They will make a killing off this.

where do you come up with stuff like this? Money grab? Do you have the figures in front of you of total costs to operate this flight into and out of MCO? Chances are only Delta has the real #'s so in essence, there is no way for you to know whether or not this is a money grab for DL. Very good chance that this is a matter of getting as many people out of MCO as possible in the least amount of time.

Don't you read new about the price gauging in the news earlier this week? Also, My buddy on facebook posted a screen shot that United Flights out of florida price for 1 way tickets: 6,785 dollars per ticket. (That was out of Miami, FL and NOT Orlando)

Airlines like Delta, Jetblue, or other airlines arent dumb. People want to fly out of Floridan and escape the hurricane. Maybe the price gauging went down, I checked the 747 flight out of Orlando and it was 406 1 way to Detroit.

But still, if there wasnt a PROFIT to be made, you would not see airlines doing this.

ILS28ORD

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:20 pm

DL upgauged to a 747 on DTW-MCO as other posters have stated because they have the pilots and aircraft based in DTW. DTW is 1000 miles from Florida which is a much safer location than ATL regardless of whether you take that flight and stay in Detroit or make a connection through Detroit. It was not done to cater to Detroit transplants in Florida to escape en mass. Some evacuees may have family in Detroit, but not every person who bought a ticket on that flight does. It was done because a 747 can ferry more people out of the storms path and save the most lives, and they were available for use. I doubt it was done to make a profit in a time of chaos either. Most Florida transplants on the east coast of Florida came from NY, NJ, PA, MA and D.C. The gulf coast of Florida has more midwestern transplants, but Detroit is not the highest percentage of where those people moved to Florida from... just a part of it. This was a logical, life saving move by delta for anyone's benefit who could get on the flight, not just native Detroiters. If the 747 or 777 were based in MSP then DL would be running the Orlando rescue missions to/from MSP.

pezzy669

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Yes ATL is closer but the hotels and Air BNB rentals are all pretty much sold out, not many choices for people to stay when they get here so it is probably best people evacuate further north to have an actual bed to sleep in. Already some ? on what will happen to ATL ops once the remnants make it up here so probably best DL doesn't stack people up in a hub that could be impacted at the time FL residents are trying to go home.

einsteinboricua

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm noticing that the airlines are now getting ahead of the storm and sending planes to move passengers out of the airports before it hits. Has this something they've done before?

Is it possible that DL and UA may keep a couple of 747s in storage and bring them in for emergency ferries like these? It's easier than sending lots of A32Xs and 737s to airports that are probably already congested. It also doesn't place a strain on resources since that A32X that is being deployed to bring potentially stranded passengers can be left on its normal route or serve as a backup elsewhere in the network while jets, no longer in active service, step in.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

lightsaber

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:22 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Whether DL charges$399 or $199 or $599, here the thing. They didn't have to send down all these 747's to MCO. They could've simply flown the original aircraft down and called it a day. The fact that they subbed in 747's says a lot about the airline and how they actually care about people. Delta also did it because they could which is one of the beautiful things about the legacy carriers. Not knocking the LCC's but take for example B6, the best they could do is sub a 321 for a 320. Helps just a little but your still clogging the skies with planes which can and did cause controlled chaos for ATC.

Separate question. Where in the heck are all these people parking there cars at these florida airports? Long term and short term lots have to be over capacity..
Oh BTW, those DL 747's leaving MCO tomorrow are sold out.

I'm very glad DL is doing this. Many of my relatives are in Irma's cone of doom.

Florida airports have far more surplus parking. It could be where elderly relatives, as in my family, albeit not this flight, are dropped off while the younger family drives out the cars. Some of my relatives have spare garage capacity on high ground, so shuffling has already occurred.

In fact, a group of my relatives are flying in Friday to help re-settle elderly relatives.

For myself, this is a big deal.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.

flyingclrs727

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:56 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I'm noticing that the airlines are now getting ahead of the storm and sending planes to move passengers out of the airports before it hits. Has this something they've done before?

Is it possible that DL and UA may keep a couple of 747s in storage and bring them in for emergency ferries like these? It's easier than sending lots of A32Xs and 737s to airports that are probably already congested. It also doesn't place a strain on resources since that A32X that is being deployed to bring potentially stranded passengers can be left on its normal route or serve as a backup elsewhere in the network while jets, no longer in active service, step in.

No! The 747's have to be retired before January 2018, because they would require a fuel tank inserting system be installed to continue running after December 31. Due to their age, neither DL nor UA find it financially worthwhile to spend that much money to keep them airworthy.

VirginFlyer

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Buffalomatt1027 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
Buffalomatt1027 wrote:

where do you come up with stuff like this? Money grab? Do you have the figures in front of you of total costs to operate this flight into and out of MCO? Chances are only Delta has the real #'s so in essence, there is no way for you to know whether or not this is a money grab for DL. Very good chance that this is a matter of getting as many people out of MCO as possible in the least amount of time.

Don't you read new about the price gauging in the news earlier this week? Also, My buddy on facebook posted a screen shot that United Flights out of florida price for 1 way tickets: 6,785 dollars per ticket. (That was out of Miami, FL and NOT Orlando)

Airlines like Delta, Jetblue, or other airlines arent dumb. People want to fly out of Floridan and escape the hurricane. Maybe the price gauging went down, I checked the 747 flight out of Orlando and it was 406 1 way to Detroit.

But still, if there wasnt a PROFIT to be made, you would not see airlines doing this.

Did you read the opening post of this thread?

nitepilot79 wrote:
For $400 per ticket that is. At least they and other airlines are now capping ticket prices:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/delt ... 57554.html

Article quote:

"On Friday afternoon, one of the airline's seven remaining 747s will fly down to Orlando from Detroit. With room for 376 passengers, the jumbo jet is an efficient way to get more people out of harm's way without further contributing to the already congested airports in Florida... while the flight is not free, Delta has capped its tickets out of Florida at $399."

For reference, $399 x 376 = $150,024. There is a fair bit of discussion up the thread about the likely costs of operating this flight. I would recommend you have a read of that.

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh

airzona11

Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Buffalomatt1027 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
Buffalomatt1027 wrote:

So should DL not have done it? What are they doing wrong? What would you do?

I could search on DL right now for very expensive flights, to destinations not impacted by a natural disaster. Should DL not be allowed to do that?

ImperialEagle

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:29 pm

A bunch of whiners.
The airlines are a capitalist tool.
The Company is going after supply and demand with the most seats they can muster.
Big surprise.
Price Greyhound.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!"

mcogator

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:02 pm

I assume cancellations from tourists/business people flying into MCO Monday night through Wednesday should accommodate all the extra Florida locals who flew out on all the upgauged flights?
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta

Varsity1

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:10 pm

I'm surprised Allegiant isn't killing this with how low their fleet utilization is.

coronado

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Wishing the best to all in Florida. Thought about it when reading about these 747 substitutions to MCO while seeing on flight aware the two 747's departing today from DTW to NRT and to PVG flying over me here in the UP of Michigan. Pretty neat that Delta constantly seems to demonstrate such operational flexibility in last minute up gauges such as these 747 replacements to deal with Irma.
The Original Coronado: First CV jet flights RG CV 990 July 1965; DL CV 880 July 1965; Spantax CV990 Feb 1973

Revelation

Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:29 pm

EarlyLateORD wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
lavalampluva wrote:
I'm surprised that they aren't flying pax into ATL instead of DTW. It would have been less expensive and a lot more connection options. They could have made a couple runs.

The 747 lives in detroit tho. And Atlanta may be having its own problems after it hits.

Detroit makes perfect sense. It a region completely unaffected by the current natural disasters. Where the emergency pricing paradigm isn't affecting the costs of hotels and rental cars. People who arrive there can easily find a low cost hotel without being gouged, and if they do need to go elsewhere, lots of rental cars. Besides Detroit is very well located for people who need to drive to Chicago/Columbus, Indy, Buffalo, Canada.

Yep, ATL makes no sense. Not only is it going to have the decaying bits of Irma to deal with, ALL the hotel rooms are filled with Floridians who fled. Take a look at a map and I-75 takes you up the center of FL and right to ATL. I should know, my mom and my brother are in a hotel near ATL right now.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

FoxtrotSierra

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:17 am

Revelation wrote:
Yep, ATL makes no sense. Not only is it going to have the decaying bits of Irma to deal with, ALL the hotel rooms are filled with Floridians who fled. Take a look at a map and I-75 takes you up the center of FL and right to ATL. I should know, my mom and my brother are in a hotel near ATL right now.

I can confirm this having tried to find a room at over 20 hotels across GA and NC. Eventually, I found one here in Augusta where I am awaiting Irma to pass Tampa which we evacuated.
Last edited by FoxtrotSierra on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

michman

Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:35 am

Here's a story about NK relocating 250 employee families from Miramar, FL to hotels near DTW to keep airline operating --
http://www.mlive.com/business/index.ssf ... dreds.html

Flighty

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:48 am

Price gouging is not really a bad thing. Think of this. A gas station projects they will run out. They increase prices to $5.00 per gallon. 3 people are about to deliver newborn babies. For them, $25 ensures they can get to the hospital. AND THERE WILL BE GAS. For others with plenty of supplies, the price tells them hey. Maybe today is not a good day to top off my tank. I will just wait.

Shortages absolutely suck, and when shortages occur, people die soon after. One of the great things about the US is we seldom run out of bread, or beer, or gasoline. Other systems exist, and people under them know what true deprivation is like.

Tiger119

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:34 am

Stupid question, but carriers are going to empty out of PA, MCO, RSW, etc with their aircraft, right? I am sure US carriers will or would have flown them to somewhere west of the Mississippi and north of Louisiana. But what about carriers from South America and Europe? Under normal situations, those carriers do not leave aircraft on the ground for more than a couple of hours, they have rested crew members already at that site. Have international carriers shipped out, downed crews and all by now? I know EYW, MIA, FLL, PBI, and RSW are all closed up, are TPA and MCO closed and buttoned up by now?

DTW is an excellent choice and I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but, it makes sense like said above reference ATL hotel space is filling up and IAH/HOU are obviously busy. And ATL is going to get soaked (more than likely) in 36 to 48 hours from now.

On DL alone, 13 to 15 daily flights from DTW to MDW/ORD and you can drive from DTW to Chicagoland in just over four hours. I am assuming flights to the NYC area would dwarf the numbers to MDW/ORD. DTW was a smart decision, albeit a coincidence (likely).
Flying is the second greatest thrill known to mankind, landing is the first!

aeropix

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:12 am

rbavfan wrote:
Florida's residents. They come from Detroit & 48 other states as well as other countries.

Which State is left out? Are there really people from every state EXCEPT ONE living in Florida? Fascinating!

aemoreira1981

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:20 am

Tiger119 wrote:
Stupid question, but carriers are going to empty out of PA, MCO, RSW, etc with their aircraft, right? I am sure US carriers will or would have flown them to somewhere west of the Mississippi and north of Louisiana. But what about carriers from South America and Europe? Under normal situations, those carriers do not leave aircraft on the ground for more than a couple of hours, they have rested crew members already at that site. Have international carriers shipped out, downed crews and all by now? I know EYW, MIA, FLL, PBI, and RSW are all closed up, are TPA and MCO closed and buttoned up by now?

DTW is an excellent choice and I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but, it makes sense like said above reference ATL hotel space is filling up and IAH/HOU are obviously busy. And ATL is going to get soaked (more than likely) in 36 to 48 hours from now.

On DL alone, 13 to 15 daily flights from DTW to MDW/ORD and you can drive from DTW to Chicagoland in just over four hours. I am assuming flights to the NYC area would dwarf the numbers to MDW/ORD. DTW was a smart decision, albeit a coincidence (likely).

B6 emptied out its Florida airport and ferried those planes to SWF to wait out the storm, which is going to cause problems soon because the PANYNJ needs that space for planes arriving from other countries for UN week if that goes much past early next week. I would imagine South American carriers have either flown out or canceled flights altogether (because they have to fly PAST Irma to reach the USA); service to New York and Newark probably operates with a major detour. I would imagine that AA ferried planes to DFW or somewhere in north Texas.

jbflyguy84

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:09 am

Tiger119 wrote:

Not a stupid question at all. My airline operates daily flights to MIA. We operated the flight on the 8th one hour earlier to ensure we got the aircraft out in time Friday evening. Flights on 9th and 10th are cancelled and 11th we plan to resume operations pending the status of the airports capability to operate. Our crews operating the inbound flight on the 8th have been moved to another hotel more inland than the normally scheduled crew hotel which was evacuated on the 7th by the local authorities. That inbound crew has been given additional bottled water and dried food as well as 3x their normal per diem for sustenance in the hotel. They are restricted from the leaving the hotel during this layover until their return flight. Crews are spoken to twice each day to ensure their welfare. Our own airport staff have also been accommodated in this hotel to ensure a link before ground and flight crews remains. Assuming the airport can begin operations again on the 11th, the crew will operate the return flight as normal. If not, then the crews stay there. If it was to become a lengthy closure then we would consider bringing them back to hub, but only if MIA was to close for a week would we consider this.

Dutchy

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:11 am

Buffalomatt1027 wrote:

Humanity, with free publicity to go with it. KLM apparently did a free flight for the Dutch Red Cross to CUR for the relief effort in Sint Maarten.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

SCQ83

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:24 am

EarlyLateORD wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
lavalampluva wrote:
I'm surprised that they aren't flying pax into ATL instead of DTW. It would have been less expensive and a lot more connection options. They could have made a couple runs.

The 747 lives in detroit tho. And Atlanta may be having its own problems after it hits.

Detroit makes perfect sense. It a region completely unaffected by the current natural disasters. Where the emergency pricing paradigm isn't affecting the costs of hotels and rental cars. People who arrive there can easily find a low cost hotel without being gouged, and if they do need to go elsewhere, lots of rental cars. Besides Detroit is very well located for people who need to drive to Chicago/Columbus, Indy, Buffalo, Canada.

That was my first thought. DTW must be one of the cheapest metro areas in the US to find hotels / airbnbs.

Also at this stage of the year Detroit weather is mild. 50-70 F (+- 10-20 C) today. It is not like evacuating that people from FL in February with 1 foot of snow in Michigan.

Aesma

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:37 am

RollerRB211 wrote:
Actually it's a whole lot cheaper to operate on a per seat basis which is how the industry measures things. A $400 one way fare from Florida is very profitable.

But usually you have premium passengers paying 2-10 times more than eco passengers, and yield management going on. If everyone pays 399$ or less then it doesn't work. A 747 can seat more than 550 in all eco (my only flights on a 747 were with Corsair...).
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Revelation

Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:57 am

aeropix wrote:
rbavfan wrote:
Florida's residents. They come from Detroit & 48 other states as well as other countries.

Which State is left out? Are there really people from every state EXCEPT ONE living in Florida? Fascinating!

Montana. State law says once you enter, you may never leave.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

Buffalomatt1027

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:19 pm

airzona11 wrote:
Buffalomatt1027 wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

So should DL not have done it? What are they doing wrong? What would you do?

I could search on DL right now for very expensive flights, to destinations not impacted by a natural disaster. Should DL not be allowed to do that?

I wasnt making fun or giving DL a hard time ..... i think what they did was smart.

1) added seats by using 747 to get more people out
2) full flight of paying customers
3) good positive story about delta doing that

It was a win win situation for DL doing that.

jomur

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Wouldn't Delta have to justify the cost if people report them on the Florida price gouging hotline? Then we would see if they justified in charging $399.

luv2cattlecall

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:09 pm

aeropix wrote:
rbavfan wrote:

Michigan, Florida itself, plus 48 others, equals 50.

airtechy

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Except for a few light planes escaping Florida in the panhandle...not a single plane in the air over Florida now...amazing.

TigerFlyer

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:17 pm

jomur wrote:
Wouldn't Delta have to justify the cost if people report them on the Florida price gouging hotline? Then we would see if they justified in charging $399.

States are federally preempted by the airline deregulation act of 1978 from any intervention with the rates routes and services of airlines.

It would have been nice if DL could have charged a bit less, but 399 for a 1000 mile flight on an expensive 4 holer is not unreasonable.

Flighty

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:34 pm

399 ensures the people who need to get out can get out. And people who don't need to get out can wait.

GatorClark

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:20 am

jetblueguy22 wrote:
GatorClark wrote:
TVNWZ wrote:
$150K of revenue more than covers the gas.

Except a 747-400 cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $187,000 an hour to operate. So I'm almost certain it was just operating cost they were charging. Especially when it most likely dead-headed down.

Yeah no. Those are AF1 hourly numbers, not your regular pax 747. They do things a little bit different when you're carrying POTUS.

I believe where I saw that number thrown out there was on a 747 documentary. I'll have to find it again, but I BELIEVE it was the same documentary where they interviewed John Travolta and he made the comment about Qantas offering him his own 747.

michman

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:05 am

jomur wrote:

People keep throwing out the $399 price. Keep in mind, that was DL's cap. There were a couple of reports of coach seats on these flights going for as low as $130. There was a guy on FT who booked DTW-MCO-DTW just to ride the 744 for $295 RT.

Flighty

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:11 am

michman wrote:
jomur wrote:

People keep throwing out the $399 price. Keep in mind, that was DL's cap. There were a couple of reports of coach seats on these flights going for as low as $130. There was a guy on FT who booked DTW-MCO-DTW just to ride the 744 for $295 RT.

And that is a perfect example of why the price SHOULD be higher than that. What a dork.

fly4ever78

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:27 am

I guess Delta should have just cancelled all these flights and just left everyone down there? Would that have been more acceptable to you? So interesting to read all the A-Net pontificating about price gouging now, while the prevailing attitude here is normally all about capitalism/free market at all costs. Makes me laugh at the hypocrisy!

mikegigs

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Yeesh... between the DL431 thread and this one, things break down fast when talking about the airline and hurricanes...

On a lighter note, did anyone happen to get any pics of the 744 in MCO? Seeing one from DL there can't be too common.
Airports: BOS, JAX, JFK, EWR, LGA, CVG, ATL, CLT, DCA, IAD, STT, PVD, ALB, MCO
Aircraft: 733, 735, 73G, 738, 752, 717, A319, A320, MD-88, E190, E175, E145, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, Q400
Airlines: B6, CO, DL, US, NW, WN, DH
...a good start but a long way to go!

PSU.DTW.SCE

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:44 pm

When I was looking at flights last Thu/Fri, the flights to ATL/DTW/LGA/JFK that I could see with availability were going for $113 one-way on full-Y fares.

Its entirely possible flights on longer distance to places like LAX/SEA/SLC/MSP could've been going for a bit higher but its a moot point as I couldn't see any flights to those destinations with any availability late last week.

AJMntheSkies

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:52 pm

mikegigs wrote:
Yeesh... between the DL431 thread and this one, things break down fast when talking about the airline and hurricanes...

On a lighter note, did anyone happen to get any pics of the 744 in MCO? Seeing one from DL there can't be too common.

I am not affiliated with any of these guys - but a plug for some of my favorite Instagram accounts with some awesome pics of Delta's B747s.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYy-wmkgCdh/?taken-by=floridaplanespotter and https://www.instagram.com/p/BY0t-Gvgr0C/?taken-by=floridaplanespotter (also has some awesome pics of some of MCOs other interesting visitors this week)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY3xgoGnTgA/?taken-by=kmco_spotter

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYzAXfjj7Wh/?taken-by=mco.aviation

luv2cattlecall

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:58 pm

TigerFlyer wrote:
jomur wrote:

States are federally preempted by the airline deregulation act of 1978 from any intervention with the rates routes and services of airlines.

It would have been nice if DL could have charged a bit less, but 399 for a 1000 mile flight on an expensive 4 holer is not unreasonable.

Especially considering it was basically empty on the way down.

george77300

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:02 pm

To those asking and pulling numbers out of the air. AF1 B747 for POTUS costs $180,000 per hour ish. However Delta B747 will be in the region of $15,000-$25,000 per hour.

BC77008

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:29 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Whether DL charges$399 or $199 or $599, here the thing. They didn't have to send down all these 747's to MCO. They could've simply flown the original aircraft down and called it a day. The fact that they subbed in 747's says a lot about the airline and how they actually care about people.

Didn't Delta get caught price gouging a few days ago before the storm? If so this may be their way of apologizing and saving face.
MY favorite airline and hub is bigger and/or better than YOUR favorite airline and hub!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos