Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Jshank83

Re: Frontier Announcing Multiple New Routes

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:25 pm

atypical wrote:
I am still trying to figure out where F9 is cutting for these new routes in lieu of getting a bunch of new aircraft.

I would imagine people can look and see which flights didn't come back from their home aiports

STL-ATL
MCI-STL
MCI-MCO
CLE-SFO
PHL-RDU, PBI, and UST were mentioned by someone.
It looks like some of the new SJC routes are just flights moved from SFO. (CVG, COS, I think I saw mentioned)
I would be there is a decent list of seasonal routes that are not being continued from last year.

cvgComair

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:30 pm

717atOGG wrote:
Any news on SEA-CVG? In this article it doesn't mention the route, but when I search it up on Frontier, the booking dates are only available a few times a week, but the flights aren't nonstop. I'm curious to see what they'll do about this route.
Article: https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/681021001

I believe CVG-JAX/SEA will start in Summer and will be loaded on the next schedule extension.

Jshank83

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:36 pm

cvgComair wrote:
717atOGG wrote:
Any news on SEA-CVG? In this article it doesn't mention the route, but when I search it up on Frontier, the booking dates are only available a few times a week, but the flights aren't nonstop. I'm curious to see what they'll do about this route.

I believe CVG-JAX/SEA will start in Summer and will be loaded on the next schedule extension.

The current schedule goes into mid august. Are they going to backload routes into what is currently opened up?

phluser

Re: Frontier Expansion at SJC

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:44 pm

usairways85 wrote:
OslPhlWasChi wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
CVG-PHL is going daily A321, pretty significant upgrade.

Not including the restart of other seasonal routes (AUS, IAH, MCI, MKE, BNA, SAT),notable shifts for PHL as of April 8, 2018 include:
- CLT from 4x weekly A319 to daily A319
- CVG upgauged to daily A321 (seasonal route)
- RSW from daily A319 to 3x weekly A319
- MSY goes to 3x weekly A319 (Wasn't this up to a daily A321 at one point?)
- MIA return to daily A319 from 3x weekly A321
- MCO goes from 2x daily A321 & 1x daily A319 to 3x daily A321
- TPA goes from daily A321 to 4x weekly A319

Meaning, RDU, PBI, and UST do not appear to be loaded in S18.

Did I miss others?

I thought PHL-CLT/RDU were daily 321's in the summer? So it's rather large downgrade to lose RDU and CLT to go 321>319

The PHL/TTN-RDU deletion was observed during F9's last extension although TTN-RDU resurfaces in Spring but without Sunday service. Maybe it will open in JAX to replace UST. I don't understand the point of making TTN-RDU seasonal. I get it that kids out of school can fill flight seats, but the summer days are longer as well making the drive just easily doable and probably preferred when the F9 schedule is not daily. Cutting it for part of the year also cuts stimulation, and repeat pax traffic for the route.

cvgComair

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:04 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
717atOGG wrote:

The current schedule goes into mid august. Are they going to backload routes into what is currently opened up?

Yes, that is my understanding. All of the additions in this cycle were for the Spring. In a few months they will open up Fall bookings and add routes for the Summer.

GSPSPOT

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Frontier still has a decent operation here at MKE. Any adds here?
Great Lakes, great life.

Midwestindy

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:56 pm

Lots of these adds will get the axe very quickly, according to some of the F9 pilots I have heard they simply don't have the aircraft even if some of these routes are 2x weekly. As of now, F9 will have a net gain of 2 aircraft through DEC 17...

I wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year, at least 25-50% of these routes are gone.

I also don't understand F9's strategy here at all, they want a hub-spoke model which is all well and good, but that only works if connections are efficient. Most of their connections can be flown by NK or G4 for the same price if not cheaper nonstop. And, I am not going to wait 6 hours to fly IND-DEN-MSY, even if it $50 one-way, especially when I can fly IND-MSY nonstop for 40 bucks. Right now if I want to fly IND-east coast(ex Florida) I have to connect in DEN or MCO, like IND-DEN-LGA or IND-MCO-PVD, or if I want to fly IND-west coast I have a 4+ hour layover in DEN, that type of hub-spoke model will not be successful especially when consumers have other options in WN, NK, G4, and soon to be SY.

Furthermore, what is the point in having tons of focus cities/hubs in the same geographical area on the east coast, but having only 1-2 total in the west? (ex. ORD/CLE/CVG, PHL/TTN, MIA/MCO) Sure you can argue that some of these stations are mostly O&D, but it still doesn't make sense if they are planning on building up connections in some of these cities...

Finally, what is the point of moving SFO flying to SJC, which has less of a leisure draw?

I wish them luck, but some of their decisions are absolute headscratchers....
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

knope2001

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:00 am

GSPSPOT wrote:
Frontier still has a decent operation here at MKE. Any adds here?

Sort of but not really.

MKE-PHL returns
MKE-DEN returns to daily (is 4x/week in winter)
MKE-MCO returns to daily (is 4x.week in March)

But on the downside
MKE-LAS is cut to 4x/week from daily
MKE-DFW does not appear to be returning

The Miami, Tampa, Fort Myers and Phoenix additions this winder are ending in early April as expected.

I don't know what aircraft are being flow next summer -- I can't do a fake booking on the website without being Discount Den member at this point and am not sure how else to find that out. So I'm not sure exactly what 2018 summer capacity will be versus 2017, but it does seem year-over-year will be down a net of one flight. Using more A320 or A321 could provide some offset.

mariner

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:28 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Lots of these adds will get the axe very quickly, according to some of the F9 pilots I have heard they simply don't have the aircraft even if some of these routes are 2x weekly. As of now, F9 will have a net gain of 2 aircraft through DEC 17....

Pilots are seldom a good source of information and given the present state of play between Frontier management and the pilots, I suggest their opinions are perhaps overly negative.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/11/fr ... bitration/

"Frontier pilots ready to walk off the job if new labor agreement can’t be reached
100 percent of eligible pilots approved the strike option in a recent vote

I don't understand this harping on the size of the fleet. With the new aircraft coming in, Frontier can either fly the schedule or it can't, and the former is more likely than the latter. If it can't, of course, it'll be interesting.

Bill Franke and Co have turned Frontier from a doomed airline, about to go belly up, to a highly profitable airline, so I'd give them a tad more credit than you seem to do.

mariner
aeternum nauta

Midwestindy

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:38 am

mariner wrote:

Bill Franke and Co have turned Frontier from a doomed airline, about to go belly up, to a highly profitable airline, so I'd give them a tad more credit than you seem to do.

mariner

Good for them! I know it isn't easy to run an airline, and it is pretty easy to sit on the sidelines and critique their every move, but I think it is pretty safe to say some of their recent moves have been all over the place. Maybe I will see the finished product in 5 years and be amazed, but at this point in time I am just flabbergasted...
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

flyfresno

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:43 am

flyfresno wrote:
loisencroach wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
Tu Th Su?! And $245 one way to ORD? Are they trying to fail? UA has fares below that, and SWA from OAK-MDW is usually under $200 for a NS. Also, should be Su Mo Th Fr if anything...

On top of that....no connections in DEN other than ORD? I'm thinking this will be the third failed attempt at FAT. They were better off launching this from BFL or SCK.

Top unserved markets out of FAT that wouldn't be backtracking from DEN: ORD, MSP, IAD/BWI/DCA, MCO, JFK/LGA/EWR. Hopefully they will hit at least 3 more of these with connections, but the ORD add is nice.

Maybe they got the message...FAT-ORD now down to $105 each way. Waaaaaay better!

mariner

Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:45 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Maybe I will see the finished product in 5 years and be amazed, but at this point in time I am just flabbergasted...

I've been flabbergasted several times since 1998 when I first flew the airline. Almost every day we expected to read that Frontier had gone under, but it has survived more close shaves than most others.

Classic, of course, was when it was up for auction and Southwest was out-played. The majority of a.net believed Southwest must win and told me I was a fool for thinking otherwise, but the information I had was publicly available.

You either go along for the ride or you don't, but you can't change anything either way.

mariner
aeternum nauta

n7371f

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:59 am

GEG-DEN is back 4x weekly and it will be seasonal on a 320.

whatusaid

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:12 am

flyfresno wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
loisencroach wrote:

On top of that....no connections in DEN other than ORD? I'm thinking this will be the third failed attempt at FAT. They were better off launching this from BFL or SCK.

Top unserved markets out of FAT that wouldn't be backtracking from DEN: ORD, MSP, IAD/BWI/DCA, MCO, JFK/LGA/EWR. Hopefully they will hit at least 3 more of these with connections, but the ORD add is nice.

Maybe they got the message...FAT-ORD now down to $105 each way. Waaaaaay better!

Disagree that this will fail. A 1-stop to ORD, timed right for O&D may be just what's needed to make a 320 work, instead of the 319's previously on FAT-DEN. UA and AA have no interest in non-stop, given that FAT is conditioned to connections for ORD or MDW. F9 needs to shake up this market and they've done that. Knowing Fresno, the fare structure will attract those who'd ordinarily put up with connections or head to the Bay for WN. While the route may be seasonal, and we don't know that yet, until such time as someone gives this a try, FAT has only statistics to work with in route development. Time will tell, but it's a good move that can only benefit FAT.

knope2001

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:17 am

Not to be dense but are you guys finding the aircraft types by doing a fake booking, or is there some other place?

The flights which are limited to Discount Den fares only at this point don't allow a fake booking if you're not a DD member, and so I'm wondering how to find the aircraft type on those. Thanks!

jasoncrh

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 am

SDF-DEN added 4x/ week from May 7. not sure how it'll work s the web site doesn't seem to allow / sell any connectivity - to
Denver only. Best of luck!

Jshank83

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:42 am

knope2001 wrote:
Not to be dense but are you guys finding the aircraft types by doing a fake booking, or is there some other place?

The flights which are limited to Discount Den fares only at this point don't allow a fake booking if you're not a DD member, and so I'm wondering how to find the aircraft type on those. Thanks!

Click the flight number. You can see it there. Doesn't matter if it is only DisDen or not.

flyfresno

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:37 am

whatusaid wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
flyfresno wrote:

Disagree that this will fail. A 1-stop to ORD, timed right for O&D may be just what's needed to make a 320 work, instead of the 319's previously on FAT-DEN. UA and AA have no interest in non-stop, given that FAT is conditioned to connections for ORD or MDW. F9 needs to shake up this market and they've done that. Knowing Fresno, the fare structure will attract those who'd ordinarily put up with connections or head to the Bay for WN. While the route may be seasonal, and we don't know that yet, until such time as someone gives this a try, FAT has only statistics to work with in route development. Time will tell, but it's a good move that can only benefit FAT.

Agreed that ORD was the best market they could have chosen, it's the #1 market from FAT that side of DEN for O&D that's unserved, and at $105 each way, they will get quite a few takers. It's certainly way better than the initial $245 posting. I'm just curious about them using Tu Th instead of We Fr or going 4X per week. And who knows, a direct might make AA or UA take notice...

777Mech

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:20 am

KLMatSJC wrote:
The website is now updated. Can't booked it yet. This is what I have found:

SJC-COS 4x weekly
SJC-ATL 5x weekly
SJC-CVG 3x weekly

All begin around the first week of April.

No DTW. :duck:

SJC gets ATL and CVG, but no DTW? Rofl

knope2001

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:32 am

Jshank83 wrote:
knope2001 wrote:

Click the flight number. You can see it there. Doesn't matter if it is only DisDen or not.

Good lord how did I not click on that. Thank you!! :-)

SANFan

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:20 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
OKC-SAN is loaded.

Question jetmatt', have you actually seen any OKC-SAN flights loaded? All I'm still seeing is some wacky 4-flight connection via MCO on Oct 31 and in March with nothing at all listed for a return. I find no nonstops listed anywhere.

SAN-TUL is definitely there (beginning April 8) with service 3x wkly and a schedule that seems very likely to mesh with another route op'ing the other 4 days a week (such as OKC.) I assume OKC-SAN service is part of this 'announcement" but I'm just not finding anything...

Heck, there could even be some additional SAN-adds this round but I have no idea how to find them.

Also, can/should we expect any sort of summary or presser of all these adds by F9? I still find nothing present on the F9.com.

bb

jetmatt777

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:27 pm

SANFan wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:
OKC-SAN is loaded.

Question jetmatt', have you actually seen any OKC-SAN flights loaded? All I'm still seeing is some wacky 4-flight connection via MCO on Oct 31 and in March with nothing at all listed for a return. I find no nonstops listed anywhere.

SAN-TUL is definitely there (beginning April 8) with service 3x wkly and a schedule that seems very likely to mesh with another route op'ing the other 4 days a week (such as OKC.) I assume OKC-SAN service is part of this 'announcement" but I'm just not finding anything...

Heck, there could even be some additional SAN-adds this round but I have no idea how to find them.

Also, can/should we expect any sort of summary or presser of all these adds by F9? I still find nothing present on the F9.com.

bb

Begins April 9, I just checked again and it is still available.

fmi1

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:33 pm

Someday I hope frontier or another carrier will start more point-to-point ski destination winter routes. I think some mid sized cities to SLC would do well some examples CMH-SLC, PIT-SLC and even CLE.

joeljack

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:45 pm

The DEN-OMA flight is in the morning this summer and the OMA-DEN shows in the evening. In the winter they used this time for the plane to do a OMA-MCO turn but that doesn't show in the summer. Either the schedule will need major time adjustments or F9 is going to fly something else from OMA this summer. Either way, I couldn't find it but I didn't look that hard either.

SANFan

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:51 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:

Thanks. I was looking up "SAN to OKC" and the dates are not clear at all; with "OKC to SAN" things look a lot different. I have to either figure out my way around F9's booking engine or just give up trying to keep track of them. A recap of these major schedule announcements by F9 would sure help though...

(The TUL and OKC flights do mesh in SAN to form a daily arrival/departure, as a RON in fact.)

bb

Jshank83

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:10 pm

SANFan wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:

Thanks. I was looking up "SAN to OKC" and the dates are not clear at all; with "OKC to SAN" things look a lot different. I have to either figure out my way around F9's booking engine or just give up trying to keep track of them. A recap of these major schedule announcements by F9 would sure help though...

(The TUL and OKC flights do mesh in SAN to form a daily arrival/departure, as a RON in fact.)

bb

Frontier did update their route map and lists all the start dates for everything. The map itself is a cluster but the list of dates below it is good.

MrNuke

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:12 pm

joeljack wrote:
The DEN-OMA flight is in the morning this summer and the OMA-DEN shows in the evening. In the winter they used this time for the plane to do a OMA-MCO turn but that doesn't show in the summer. Either the schedule will need major time adjustments or F9 is going to fly something else from OMA this summer. Either way, I couldn't find it but I didn't look that hard either.

OMA-RSW
http://www.omaha.com/money/frontier-air ... 1e452.html

Northwest1988

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Not much mention of CHS! I think Charleston will be a great addition!!!

RL757PVD

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:30 pm

The previously announced PVD-RDU/CLT are now bookable.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

FlyPNS1

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:35 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Frontier did update their route map and lists all the start dates for everything. The map itself is a cluster but the list of dates below it is good.

Pensacola appears on the route map and seems to have a line to Chicago-O'Hare. However, nothing to Pensacola is bookable and in Frontier's original press release (in July), they noted Pensacola was getting Denver service. Not clear what is going on.

SANFan

Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Jshank83 wrote:

Ah, very good. I kept checking that yesterday and nothing had changed but now I see that the list is (apparently) complete and up-to-date! Thank you for the heads up, Jshank'. I guess that's now F9's version of a press release recapping new route announcements...

Maybe one of these days, Frontier will spend a few bucks on an INTERACTIVE routemap so the map might be somewhat useable!

bb

joeljack

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:13 pm

MrNuke wrote:
joeljack wrote:

OMA-RSW
http://www.omaha.com/money/frontier-air ... 1e452.html

This ends April 6th, 2018 so this still doesn't explain anything for next spring/ summer.

Good catch though....interesting! RSW-OMA, a 180 seat plane is way to big for this route. An A319 would have helped but they put an A320 on it. Wow! Times are very good though!

loisencroach

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:14 pm

FlyPNS1 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Pensacola appears on the route map and seems to have a line to Chicago-O'Hare. However, nothing to Pensacola is bookable and in Frontier's original press release (in July), they noted Pensacola was getting Denver service. Not clear what is going on.

Same thing with JAX. Apparently they are starting JAX-CLE or CVG (can't remember). I'm sure these new additions will come out with the next sked release but I'm wondering how long it will take before UST disappears from the map.

Jshank83

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:19 pm

SANFan wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Ah, very good. I kept checking that yesterday and nothing had changed but now I see that the list is (apparently) complete and up-to-date! Thank you for the heads up, Jshank'. I guess that's now F9's version of a press release recapping new route announcements...

Maybe one of these days, Frontier will spend a few bucks on an INTERACTIVE routemap so the map might be somewhat useable!

bb

Their app has an interactive route map but the normal site doesn't. That makes no sense to me why it isn't on the site also. The only bad thing about the app is you can't turn off connections so it makes it a little hard to track nonstop routes for some stations.

kingcavalier

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:28 pm

I like this link which shows all cities served nonstop from each market -

https://flights.flyfrontier.com/en/site ... ity/page-1
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness

mtnwest1979

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Looking at BOI-DEN schedule, and all I can say is this would appear to me to be a short-lived stint in BOI lol.
TuThSu thru the timeframe, and an 8:35p dep, arr in DEN at 10:35pm. Unless it sells for $20 bucks, terrible option.
Riddle: Which lasts longer, a start-up airline or a start-up football league?

joeljack

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:37 pm

mtnwest1979 wrote:
Looking at BOI-DEN schedule, and all I can say is this would appear to me to be a short-lived stint in BOI lol.
TuThSu thru the timeframe, and an 8:35p dep, arr in DEN at 10:35pm. Unless it sells for $20 bucks, terrible option.

Yes, lots of F9's times are terrible. For example, they are switching DEN-OMA to a 750am departure. This doesn't allow any vacationers from the mountains to make the trek down the mountain and most business travelers will use the UA 8am departure. Also doesn't allow for any connections. Even WN tried a DEN-OMA 745am flight at one point, it did terrible and they quickly changed the times. There is a ton of demand between DEN-OMA, just not at 750am, very bad move. I would guess this is a similar situation to BOI-DEN schedule. The BOI-DEN schedule does allow for a full day of work in BOI or in DEN on both ends so I think this will be better than other F9 flight times I've seen on other routes.

DLASFlyer

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Frontier is returning to JAC June 7th, 2018. Locals are ecstatic after a few years with only the big three carriers. 3x weekly seasonal DEN-JAC on an A319. AS should really get in on the action at some point too, once they figure out their pilot woes. DL flies here from their biggest hub!

flymco753

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Apparently MCO-ISP is working well, because they're upping the flight to 2x daily, both A321. I had no idea ISP had that much support for MCO.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

WN732

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:00 pm

mtnwest1979 wrote:

Same with Fresno. This is the 3rd time they've tried, and the 3rd time they will leave.

BoeingGuy

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm

N292UX wrote:
Watch DL announce CVG-SJC with either an E175 or 738

DL flew SJC-CVG once for a short time. I forget the year.

Reno Air did fly SJC-COS at one time, to answer another question.

Will F9 bring back BLI also?

mariner

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Apparently MCO-ISP is working well, because they're upping the flight to 2x daily, both A321. I had no idea ISP had that much support for MCO.

ISP-MIA goes to 2 x daIly as well, second week in October. Image

mariner
aeternum nauta

jetmechanicdave
Head Support

Re: Airlines Adding Multiple New Routes

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:01 pm

SANFan wrote:
jetmechanicdave wrote:
My bad...I did this on my phone...darn auto correct. Topic header is fixed.

Thank you sir -- much better!

bb

No problem :)
Aircraft Mechanic and Airliners.net Forum Moderator

dc10lover

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:07 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
N292UX wrote:

Reno Air did fly SJC-COS at one time, to answer another question.

Will F9 bring back BLI also?

I would love to see Bellingham, Washington - Denver, Colorado come back.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

mtnwest1979

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:21 pm

joeljack wrote:
mtnwest1979 wrote:

Yes, lots of F9's times are terrible. For example, they are switching DEN-OMA to a 750am departure. This doesn't allow any vacationers from the mountains to make the trek down the mountain and most business travelers will use the UA 8am departure. Also doesn't allow for any connections. Even WN tried a DEN-OMA 745am flight at one point, it did terrible and they quickly changed the times. There is a ton of demand between DEN-OMA, just not at 750am, very bad move. I would guess this is a similar situation to BOI-DEN schedule. The BOI-DEN schedule does allow for a full day of work in BOI or in DEN on both ends so I think this will be better than other F9 flight times I've seen on other routes.

LOL 2 days of work since it is every other day or so. ut there are 8 or so dailies on UA and WN, so business pax will not be using this IMO.
Interestingly though, I shows as an A320,. That seems REALLY optimistic if true.
Riddle: Which lasts longer, a start-up airline or a start-up football league?

azstar

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:23 pm

DEN-FAR is back for the third, or fourth, time. I'm surprised TUS isn't back with some routes. F9 did pretty well there until WN killed them. There is no LCC carrier and TUS Is about 90% leisure traffic and a poor local economic base.

mariner

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 pm

azstar wrote:
DEN-FAR is back for the third, or fourth, time. I'm surprised TUS isn't back with some routes. F9 did pretty well there until WN killed them. There is no LCC carrier and TUS Is about 90% leisure traffic and a poor local economic base.

They're bringing back LIT and SDF and I agree, I'd like to see TUS back on the route map.

mariner
aeternum nauta

WaywardMemphian

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:56 pm

They finally announced that MEM/MCO flight that's been bookable for weeks. Sure would like to see a Bay area flight and a San Diego Flight in MEM. If Tulsa can get a SAN flight, why not.

Interesting that Allegiant is supposedly going 4x on LAS/MEM in respose to Frontier.

cvgComair

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:41 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
N292UX wrote:

DL operated CVG-SJC in 2000-2001, it was cut after 9/11. DL already operates CVG-SFO, no need for SJC (DL does not even fly to SJC from DTW).

BoeingGuy

Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:13 am

cvgComair wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
N292UX wrote:

DL operated CVG-SJC in 2000-2001, it was cut after 9/11. DL already operates CVG-SFO, no need for SJC (DL does not even fly to SJC from DTW).

Sure, no need for SJC except for the 1.5 million people who live closer to SJC than SFO.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos