Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
iFlyDTW
Topic Author
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:33 pm

NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:05 am

With the next schedule extension coming, what things do you see happening for Spirit? What would you like to see? Please be serious in this discussion, because we arent putting credit card machines at the bathrooms or charging extra for air.

I think this is the extension that BNA or AUS could happen. I believe BNA could start with service to DFW, FLL and DTW while AUS could begin with MSY, EWR, BWI, FLL, DTW, CLE and PIT.

I can also see service additions to other markets like DTW to BDL, EWR, PHX and SAN. BWI to BDL, EWR/LGA, PHX. MSY to PIT and MCI.

I really want to know what you think of existing NEO orders being converted back to CEO orders, what do you think has gone wrong with the engines, and is F9 having these same issues?

Is NK an exact mach for F9's offering or could that be a smart move for Allegiant?
 
717atOGG
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 am

I agree on DTW to EWR, PHX, and SAN. I think that in addition to those three routes BNA to MCO, TPA, BWI, and ORD could be possibilities. For my home airport of SEA I could see NK making IAH year round and starting either OAK, PHX, or SAN. IMO a CSeries order is almost inevitable, to replace the A319 and open smaller cities like CMH, ORF, MKE, IND, and SAT.
A320/321, A332, 712, 73G/8/9ER, 744, 752/3, E145, E175, CR9
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3507
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:40 am

^There'd be a pretty big fight for MCO at BNA if that happens, as of now there's 2 year round carriers and DL in the winter so I think the market size and amount of seats already offered, the market would become saturated, same with TPA the only difference is TPA is slightly smaller than MCO without a legacy. I was thinking BWI too, ORD might be a stretch with AA and UA, I don't think NK wants to mess with AA too much since they compete pretty aggressively with NK. I saw DTW-SEA is upgauged to a 320 next spring so that's a good sign that there's a niche for NK, I think. Than the next few stations NK could open are RDU and JAX.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
SunsetLimited
Posts: 911
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:43 am

I've heard that MSY will get three additional destinations (in addition to the recently announced BOS/EWR/MSP/TPA) for a March or April start.
Spread hope like fire.
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5460
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:09 am

I really think that if NK could replicate what Airtran did in FNT that FNT would be a great add for NK with flights to LAS, MCO, RSW TPA and FLL. People really like the ease of access there plus the cheaper parking. I think they could do a lot better than Allegiant fly to secondary airports in Florida and also think Allegiant is missing the boat by not flying FNT-LAS. As far as Detroit goes I think DTW-SAN would be a great add. Still don't see them going for such short segment flights like BNA and BDL.. I think NK should do more Detroit Caribbean flying like Aruba and St. Maarten,
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:20 am

I'll add IND could be an option. Not many options in FL, if any at all, but places like DFW could use a low cost carrier to IND, and I don't see F9 touching those cities for IND.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1789
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:36 am

iFlyDTW wrote:
With the next schedule extension coming, what things do you see happening for Spirit? What would you like to see? Please be serious in this discussion, because we arent putting credit card machines at the bathrooms or charging extra for air.

I think this is the extension that BNA or AUS could happen. I believe BNA could start with service to DFW, FLL and DTW while AUS could begin with MSY, EWR, BWI, FLL, DTW, CLE and PIT.

I can also see service additions to other markets like DTW to BDL, EWR, PHX and SAN. BWI to BDL, EWR/LGA, PHX. MSY to PIT and MCI.

I really want to know what you think of existing NEO orders being converted back to CEO orders, what do you think has gone wrong with the engines, and is F9 having these same issues?

Is NK an exact mach for F9's offering or could that be a smart move for Allegiant?


What day will the schedule extension come out?
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2609
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:56 am

I'm going to throw in STL/BLV
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
jplatts
Posts: 3979
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:00 am

Will Spirit be announcing DFW-SEA nonstop service?
 
717atOGG
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:04 am

klm617 wrote:
I really think that if NK could replicate what Airtran did in FNT that FNT would be a great add for NK with flights to LAS, MCO, RSW TPA and FLL. People really like the ease of access there plus the cheaper parking. I think they could do a lot better than Allegiant fly to secondary airports in Florida and also think Allegiant is missing the boat by not flying FNT-LAS. As far as Detroit goes I think DTW-SAN would be a great add. Still don't see them going for such short segment flights like BNA and BDL.. I think NK should do more Detroit Caribbean flying like Aruba and St. Maarten,

I don't know about FNT... I don't think that NK has been very successful in CAK, another FL-style market, and besides, NK already serves LAS, MCO, RSW, TPA, and FLL from DTW so it's not like there's any shortage of ULCC flights for FNT, people just need to drive to DTW to get them.
A320/321, A332, 712, 73G/8/9ER, 744, 752/3, E145, E175, CR9
 
717atOGG
Posts: 899
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:11 am

jplatts wrote:
Will Spirit be announcing DFW-SEA nonstop service?

Perhaps. The market is fairly saturated, however, with AA being anywhere from 6 to 10 daily, AS being twice daily to DAL and 1-3 daily to DFW, and WN to DAL, and rumors of DL resuming the route next year. It's not impossible that they would add it though.
A320/321, A332, 712, 73G/8/9ER, 744, 752/3, E145, E175, CR9
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5655
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:12 am

zackary747 wrote:
I'll add IND could be an option. Not many options in FL, if any at all, but places like DFW could use a low cost carrier to IND, and I don't see F9 touching those cities for IND.


DFW :checkmark: FLL :checkmark: LAS :checkmark: LAX :checkmark:

Seasonal: RSW, MCO, maybe even PBI

NK's fares (similar to G4) can make virtually any Midwest to FL city pair work, at least seasonally.
ORD & IND

AA & DL
 
FWAERJ
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:08 am

Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
I'll add IND could be an option. Not many options in FL, if any at all, but places like DFW could use a low cost carrier to IND, and I don't see F9 touching those cities for IND.


DFW :checkmark: FLL :checkmark: LAS :checkmark: LAX :checkmark:

Seasonal: RSW, MCO, maybe even PBI

NK's fares (similar to G4) can make virtually any Midwest to FL city pair work, at least seasonally.


G4 serves IND-FLL/LAS/PGD/SFB today, and I see them adding IND-LAX with the base opening up.

While not a ULCC, WN serves IND-DAL.

There isn't much room to grow IND to those cities, even with the Indy area growing big-time. For example, IND-Orlando is currently flown about 7x a day by WN/G4/DL/F9, and I don't think there's room for a fifth carrier. If anything, G4 will add frequencies.

And let's keep in mind that SY plans to enter IND soon when they morph into a ULCC, which means that between all the incumbents and SY, all the oxygen will be sucked out of IND for new leisure route entrants.
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350
 
msycajun
Posts: 1130
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:37 am

SunsetLimited wrote:
I've heard that MSY will get three additional destinations (in addition to the recently announced BOS/EWR/MSP/TPA) for a March or April start.


Impressive growth - if so, that would make 10 new destinations in a year. I wonder if any of those will be international. I wouldn't be surprised to see CUN and SAP, maybe MBJ. Domestically I think SAN, PHX, and DEN will be next in line. I could see PIT, OAK, and maybe SEA eventually. I did hear a rumor from a FA (not that I put much stock in it) that NK may be planning to open a base at MSY.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5655
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:38 am

FWAERJ wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
I'll add IND could be an option. Not many options in FL, if any at all, but places like DFW could use a low cost carrier to IND, and I don't see F9 touching those cities for IND.


DFW :checkmark: FLL :checkmark: LAS :checkmark: LAX :checkmark:

Seasonal: RSW, MCO, maybe even PBI

NK's fares (similar to G4) can make virtually any Midwest to FL city pair work, at least seasonally.


G4 serves IND-FLL/LAS/PGD/SFB today, and I see them adding IND-LAX with the base opening up.

While not a ULCC, WN serves IND-DAL.

There isn't much room to grow IND to those cities, even with the Indy area growing big-time. For example, IND-Orlando is currently flown about 7x a day by WN/G4/DL/F9, and I don't think there's room for a fifth carrier. If anything, G4 will add frequencies.

And let's keep in mind that SY plans to enter IND soon when they morph into a ULCC, which means that between all the incumbents and SY, all the oxygen will be sucked out of IND for new leisure route entrants.


Yes, but the IND-Florida market is extremely large for a city its size(a little more than 2,250-2,500 PDEW from IND-FL), MCO/SFB is the largest market out of IND during Q1, RSW/PGD is 3rd, MIA/FLL is 5th, TPA/PIE 6th, and LAX 7th. If you don't believe me take RSW for example, RSW's 7th largest market is IND (which is bigger than DEN/ATL/DFW/PHL).

Also keep in mind that F9/G4 are usually less than daily on most routes, so I am pretty confident NK would be successful in IND regardless of what G4/SY/F9 have planned for IND....

Furthermore, the LF for MCO/SFB-IND Jan-June 2017 is 86%+ so it isn't like there isn't demand...

DFW and LAX I am sure would be successful, as they have lots of PDEW and currently have no ULCC on either route.(although I expect for G4 to add IND-LAX soon)
ORD & IND

AA & DL
 
santi319
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:54 am

I'm just happy to see some
Love shown to NK on this website.
 
santi319
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:59 am

I'm just happy to see some
Love shown to NK on this website. They don't get much.

On that note I wonder if the international expansion they talked about is comming.
 
airplaneboy
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 11:59 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:35 am

What is their current fleet plan? How many new frames are being delivered in the next few years?
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Anyone know the exact day that Spirit is extending their schedules?
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1789
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:36 pm

zackary747 wrote:
Anyone know the exact day that Spirit is extending their schedules?


That is what I am wondering too.

Anyone....... anyone........ Bueller?
 
stlgph
Posts: 11268
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:35 am

What gets me in all these discussions about Spirit is the commentary on how they won't begin or try a market because there's too many carriers on the route. If they were worried about that, they wouldn't be on half the routes they serve.

Spirit has proven time and time and time again, they don't care. Do they always stay on a route? No. They'll do what works best for their fleet utilization, but they certainly have not stayed away from markets because there's 20 other carriers on the route.

As for the future -
Would not be surprised to see a few more connections out of their current network, perhaps more from Newark.

As far as new cities, I am surprised they haven't come into St. Louis, Columbus, or Indianapolis. I'm sure there are whatever-the-reasons for STL and CMH, for IND, Spirit probably isn't getting a good negotiation on the rent/operating costs.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
msycajun
Posts: 1130
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:38 am

ADrum23 wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
Anyone know the exact day that Spirit is extending their schedules?


That is what I am wondering too.

Anyone....... anyone........ Bueller?



Spirits doesn't normally specify dates for schedule extensions or new routes. The exception would be maybe if they are announcing a new station.
 
msycajun
Posts: 1130
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:13 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early sum

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:42 am

stlgph wrote:
What gets me in all these discussions about Spirit is the commentary on how they won't begin or try a market because there's too many carriers on the route. If they were worried about that, they wouldn't be on half the routes they serve.

Spirit has proven time and time and time again, they don't care. Do they always stay on a route? No. They'll do what works best for their fleet utilization, but they certainly have not stayed away from markets because there's 20 other carriers on the route.

As for the future -
Would not be surprised to see a few more connections out of their current network, perhaps more from Newark.

As far as new cities, I am surprised they haven't come into St. Louis, Columbus, or Indianapolis. I'm sure there are whatever-the-reasons for STL and CMH, for IND, Spirit probably isn't getting a good negotiation on the rent/operating costs.


This is correct - the routes without competition are the exception rather than the rule. One thing I've noticed is that they are connecting the existing cities more thoroughly and creating more connecting opportunities alla southwest. They aren't opening stations with 1-2 flights per day like they used to.
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:48 am

stlgph wrote:
What gets me in all these discussions about Spirit is the commentary on how they won't begin or try a market because there's too many carriers on the route. If they were worried about that, they wouldn't be on half the routes they serve.

Spirit has proven time and time and time again, they don't care. Do they always stay on a route? No. They'll do what works best for their fleet utilization, but they certainly have not stayed away from markets because there's 20 other carriers on the route.

As for the future -
Would not be surprised to see a few more connections out of their current network, perhaps more from Newark.

As far as new cities, I am surprised they haven't come into St. Louis, Columbus, or Indianapolis. I'm sure there are whatever-the-reasons for STL and CMH, for IND, Spirit probably isn't getting a good negotiation on the rent/operating costs.


As far as CMH, STL. and IND goes. Negotiations sometimes takes time. I say we gotta be a little patient. Can't start service even to strong markets too quickly. There's a right time for everything.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
xdlx
Posts: 968
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:57 am

Without PILOTS... under a reasonable contract, this is a pie in the sky!
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3791
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:06 am

zackary747 wrote:
stlgph wrote:
What gets me in all these discussions about Spirit is the commentary on how they won't begin or try a market because there's too many carriers on the route. If they were worried about that, they wouldn't be on half the routes they serve.

Spirit has proven time and time and time again, they don't care. Do they always stay on a route? No. They'll do what works best for their fleet utilization, but they certainly have not stayed away from markets because there's 20 other carriers on the route.

As for the future -
Would not be surprised to see a few more connections out of their current network, perhaps more from Newark.

As far as new cities, I am surprised they haven't come into St. Louis, Columbus, or Indianapolis. I'm sure there are whatever-the-reasons for STL and CMH, for IND, Spirit probably isn't getting a good negotiation on the rent/operating costs.


As far as CMH, STL. and IND goes. Negotiations sometimes takes time. I say we gotta be a little patient. Can't start service even to strong markets too quickly. There's a right time for everything.


I would personally rather just see Frontier and Allegiant expanding STL than Spirit come in. Allegiant seems to have a good thing going at BLV, which I think is good for the region and F9 is good enough for STL. Unless Spirit is going to bring more people to the airport that wouldn't be flying already, I am good without them. That said, it is always fun to have a new carrier but it doesn't hurt my feelings for them to not be here. The routes I would really like to see a ULCC on they won't fly.
 
Trololzilla
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:53 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:01 am

Jshank83 wrote:
I would personally rather just see Frontier and Allegiant expanding STL than Spirit come in. Allegiant seems to have a good thing going at BLV, which I think is good for the region and F9 is good enough for STL. Unless Spirit is going to bring more people to the airport that wouldn't be flying already, I am good without them. That said, it is always fun to have a new carrier but it doesn't hurt my feelings for them to not be here. The routes I would really like to see a ULCC on they won't fly.

Why not all three options?
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3791
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Trololzilla wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
I would personally rather just see Frontier and Allegiant expanding STL than Spirit come in. Allegiant seems to have a good thing going at BLV, which I think is good for the region and F9 is good enough for STL. Unless Spirit is going to bring more people to the airport that wouldn't be flying already, I am good without them. That said, it is always fun to have a new carrier but it doesn't hurt my feelings for them to not be here. The routes I would really like to see a ULCC on they won't fly.

Why not all three options?


I don't want to see routes cut by other airlines because Spirit starts them. Maybe Spirit wouldn't have much of an effect but if it will then I don't want it. For example, AA is cutting LAX at MCI. Would that have been cut is Spirit wasn't around? Maybe it wouldn't have mattered but if it did have an effect on it being cut then I don't want things like that happening in STL. Same with Allegiant cutting Vegas at MCI. I don't want Frontier or Allegiant cutting it here because Spirit moves in. If Spirit were to come in and start routes to Chicago/Boston/New York/Houston and get those fares cheaper that's one thing but I know those aren't routes they will start.
 
blhp68
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:04 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Trololzilla wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
I would personally rather just see Frontier and Allegiant expanding STL than Spirit come in. Allegiant seems to have a good thing going at BLV, which I think is good for the region and F9 is good enough for STL. Unless Spirit is going to bring more people to the airport that wouldn't be flying already, I am good without them. That said, it is always fun to have a new carrier but it doesn't hurt my feelings for them to not be here. The routes I would really like to see a ULCC on they won't fly.

Why not all three options?


I don't want to see routes cut by other airlines because Spirit starts them. Maybe Spirit wouldn't have much of an effect but if it will then I don't want it. For example, AA is cutting LAX at MCI. Would that have been cut is Spirit wasn't around? Maybe it wouldn't have mattered but if it did have an effect on it being cut then I don't want things like that happening in STL. Same with Allegiant cutting Vegas at MCI. I don't want Frontier or Allegiant cutting it here because Spirit moves in. If Spirit were to come in and start routes to Chicago/Boston/New York/Houston and get those fares cheaper that's one thing but I know those aren't routes they will start.


Good point. LAX-MCI is currently served by 4 carriers and AA was the last entrant into the market - essentially entering a blood bath. Same with Allegiant and LAS. Currently served by 3 carriers and they were the last entrant.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3507
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:48 pm

I'll take back what I said about NK not doing MCO, I think it can work but on a seasonal basis, I would not start this route year round. PDEW is at maximum 800 each way. WN during Q1 runs 6 flights (DL, F9, WN), in 6 flights alone there is an excess of seats that WN fills with connections.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5655
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:56 pm

flymco753 wrote:
I'll take back what I said about NK not doing MCO, I think it can work but on a seasonal basis, I would not start this route year round. PDEW is at maximum 800 each way. WN during Q1 runs 6 flights (DL, F9, WN), in 6 flights alone there is an excess of seats that WN fills with connections.


Are you sure that 800 PDEW number is right? Q1 '16 MCI-MCO PDEW was 473....
ORD & IND

AA & DL
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3507
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
I'll take back what I said about NK not doing MCO, I think it can work but on a seasonal basis, I would not start this route year round. PDEW is at maximum 800 each way. WN during Q1 runs 6 flights (DL, F9, WN), in 6 flights alone there is an excess of seats that WN fills with connections.


Are you sure that 800 PDEW number is right? Q1 '16 MCI-MCO PDEW was 473....
The initial number is divided by 2 to get each way right? I'm using BTS T-100.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3507
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:56 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
I'll take back what I said about NK not doing MCO, I think it can work but on a seasonal basis, I would not start this route year round. PDEW is at maximum 800 each way. WN during Q1 runs 6 flights (DL, F9, WN), in 6 flights alone there is an excess of seats that WN fills with connections.


Are you sure that 800 PDEW number is right? Q1 '16 MCI-MCO PDEW was 473....
The initial number is divided by 2 to get each way right? I'm using BTS T-100.
Ah yes, 405 in Q1 '16, with WN running 4x daily, F9 5x weekly, and DL 1x Saturday there's plenty of seats. The market kind of seems saturated now with both WN and F9 on it. Maybe BNA-MCO isn't so smart than, but FLL can cater to connections so FLL might work for BNA.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
SCHATC422
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:02 pm

I heard from a friend who works ramp back home in BDL and he said someone who does the ground/ramp stuff for NK at BDL said that NK is going up to 12 flights a day at BDL. Makes sense, they're doing well. The BDL-MYR LF is over 95% since it started, and it would make sense they start BWI-BDL and DTW-BDL to compete with WN's full flights always on BWI-BDL and Delta's high fares and being the sole carrier doing DTW-BDL.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3507
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 pm

SCHATC422 wrote:
I heard from a friend who works ramp back home in BDL and he said someone who does the ground/ramp stuff for NK at BDL said that NK is going up to 12 flights a day at BDL. Makes sense, they're doing well. The BDL-MYR LF is over 95% since it started, and it would make sense they start BWI-BDL and DTW-BDL to compete with WN's full flights always on BWI-BDL and Delta's high fares and being the sole carrier doing DTW-BDL.
DTW-BWI, in my opinion would do fairly well on a summer seasonal basis. PDEW is quite healthy and DTW can offer onward connections in the summer to SEA, OAK, LAX, LAS, DFW and ATL since they're all part of the 7-8pm bank, so if BDL gets in around 6:30 I'd imagine it could work well with connections. BWI wouldn't be bad because they'd serve mid day connections.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
iFlyDTW
Topic Author
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Well see, lot of nice things to come. I havent heard much about IND or CMH though.
 
User avatar
tb727
Posts: 2261
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:40 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:20 pm

xdlx wrote:
Without PILOTS... under a reasonable contract, this is a pie in the sky!


:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!
 
SCHATC422
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Re: NK schedule extension late spring/early summer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:24 pm

flymco753 wrote:
SCHATC422 wrote:
I heard from a friend who works ramp back home in BDL and he said someone who does the ground/ramp stuff for NK at BDL said that NK is going up to 12 flights a day at BDL. Makes sense, they're doing well. The BDL-MYR LF is over 95% since it started, and it would make sense they start BWI-BDL and DTW-BDL to compete with WN's full flights always on BWI-BDL and Delta's high fares and being the sole carrier doing DTW-BDL.
DTW-BWI, in my opinion would do fairly well on a summer seasonal basis. PDEW is quite healthy and DTW can offer onward connections in the summer to SEA, OAK, LAX, LAS, DFW and ATL since they're all part of the 7-8pm bank, so if BDL gets in around 6:30 I'd imagine it could work well with connections. BWI wouldn't be bad because they'd serve mid day connections.


I agree. Here in BWI, NK keeps slowly building their presence and adding a few new routes (previously discussed months ago with the addition of CUN and one other starting in November), NK could certainly make BWI-BDL work I'd say twice or three times a day tops.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos