machbullet

Re: SLC Terminal Construction Updates

Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:50 pm

New SLC looks beautiful, cannot wait to see it in person

TYWoolman

Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:10 pm

Aloha717200 wrote:
I'll be staying a couple days to take final pictures of T1 and T2, as well as the D gates while I can. It's surreal to see the end of the old airport, considering that's where I first fell in love with aviation back in the early 90s, watching planes take off and land from the great vantage points of the old parking garage and the end of then-Concourse A.

Salt Lake has changed so much in the last 30 years. I can still see the the 727s that used to be parked at the B and C gates. The L-1011s at D. The MD-80s at A. It was an amazing time to love aviation. I'm going to miss the old facility greatly.

I know what you mean. I fell in love with aviation at a time when those aircraft were the workhorses also. Especially right after Delta acquired Western.
What a great hub for you to have witnessed such progress! The sky is the limit!

Narfish641

Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:48 pm

redzeppelin wrote:
More photos from the unveiling event.
From Ben Winslow on Twitter @BenWinslow:
https://twitter.com/BenWinslow/status/1 ... 8002660353

From Katie McKellar on Twitter @KatieMcKellar1:
Baggage Claim:
Concourse central plaza:

The Delta SkyClub (from @KatieMcKellar on Twitter):

Absolutely stunning! I know the people of Utah are extremely happy for this! Beautiful!

machbullet

Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:15 am

The new terminal looks impeccable

delta767

Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:58 pm

The new Sky Club and Sky Deck are beautiful, too!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ramseyqube ... door-deck/

nwray

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:12 pm

Hey good people of SLC....I'm interested in interior photos of what the old portion of the airport that's still open looks like. Thanks.

DCA-ROCguy

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:14 pm

Article from the Deseret News with some pictures:

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/9/15/ ... ight-delta

Jim

DLASFlyer

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:28 pm

nwray wrote:
Hey good people of SLC....I'm interested in interior photos of what the old portion of the airport that's still open looks like. Thanks.

No photos but I can tell you that the C, E and F piers are the same as before. The shops/food courts/terminals along the old main spine are all closed (McDonald's, Starbucks, Carry On, etc. Lots of flat white plywood walls boarding up areas. The artwork is all gone so pretty quiet and eerie over there.

fanoftristars

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:09 am

My husband flew through there yesterday. Sent me lots of photos and videos of the terminal and Sky Club. It’s gorgeous, including the sky deck. Can’t wait to see it for myself

william

Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:23 pm

https://crankyflier.com/2020/09/24/doin ... -terminal/

How SLC is going to phase in its new terminal.............a recap.

maps4ltd

Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:54 pm

B concourse opened today. First flight out was WN to Oakland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3pHaVw ... 13NewsUtah

HNLSLCPDX

Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:23 am

Was actually at SLC today. The underground walkway between A concourse and B is awfully long. Feel bad for DL passengers making connections between the two concourses, and for all non-DL passengers flying in and out B in SLC. Make sure you get there in time, allow enough time to connect, and bring good walking shoes.

jetmatt777

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:56 am

HNLSLCPDX wrote:
Was actually at SLC today. The underground walkway between A concourse and B is awfully long. Feel bad for DL passengers making connections between the two concourses, and for all non-DL passengers flying in and out B in SLC. Make sure you get there in time, allow enough time to connect, and bring good walking shoes.

is there not a travelator?

Ezra

Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:51 pm

How many gates on the new B concourse does DL have? My understanding is that they have all of the new A gates, so I'm looking for the combined total. Thanks!

phatfarmlines

Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:03 pm

Is the now-old terminal closed for good with the opening of the satellite B concourse per the CrankyFlier outline posted by william?

HNLSLCPDX

Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:25 pm

Ezra wrote:
How many gates on the new B concourse does DL have? My understanding is that they have all of the new A gates, so I'm looking for the combined total. Thanks!

I believe DL has 6 or 7 gates on the west side of B concourse. AS has 1, UA and AA each have 2, B6 and F9 have 1 each, and WN has 4. There are several common use gates that I’m assuming any airline can use too. Also the east end of concourse B is SkyWest but they are using buses for the remote stands for those flights.

Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:30 pm

HNLSLCPDX wrote:
Ezra wrote:

I believe DL has 6 or 7 gates on the west side of B concourse. AS has 1, UA and AA each have 2, B6 and F9 have 1 each, and WN has 4. There are several common use gates that I’m assuming any airline can use too. Also the east end of concourse B is SkyWest but they are using buses for the remote stands for those flights.

Are they going to keep those gates when the rest of A/B opens in 2024? If so, will they put another Sky Club on the B concourse?

HNLSLCPDX

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:03 pm

BNAMealer wrote:
HNLSLCPDX wrote:
Ezra wrote:

Are they going to keep those gates when the rest of A/B opens in 2024? If so, will they put another Sky Club on the B concourse?

Yes those gates will be permanent DL gates on concourse B, even when the full completion of the concourses is done in 2024. DL did reserve room
for a small Sky Club on concourse B if they want to build one in the future.

MD8090orDRIVE

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:06 pm

HNLSLCPDX wrote:
Ezra wrote:

The are for sure using a bus to get to Skywest flights. My wife's flight to OKC was out of B4 and was quite late between delays and then the bus only held 15pax. Got to OKC over 90 min late. Of course, it was me not Delta who got an earful

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos