Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

YVRda
Topic Author

Air Canada Expands its Global Network

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:45 pm

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2017-09 ... ummer-2018

- Non-stop Air Canada Rouge seasonal services start in June to Bucharest from Toronto and Montreal; to Zagreb and Porto from Toronto; and to Lisbon from Montreal

- Non-stop service between Casablanca and Montreal transfers to Air Canada mainline, beginning June 1, 2018

- Non-stop, Air Canada year-round Toronto-Buenos Aires service begins May 2, 2018, and a Montreal-Lima seasonal service starting in December has been upgraded to year-round

"Air Canada rouge becomes the only North American airline flying to Romania"

JoKeR

Re: Air Canada Expands its Global Network

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Was really hoping for a BEG launch especially after the recently negotiated air services agreement. But glad ZAG gets a seasonal link at least!

TS-IOR

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:51 pm

Any feedback on how was Rouge at Algiers this Summer?

Cubsrule

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:03 pm

I'm glad to see that SCL and EZE have grown enough that they can both handle their own flights. Both have consistently had service but AC has tried a number of different service patterns over the years, including some creative stuff like running a triangle one direction 3 days and the other 4 days.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

filipair

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:19 pm

Wow, Rouge is on fire in central/eastern Europe!

We've got YYZ-WAW, PRG, BUD and now ZAG and OTP. Plus YUL-OTP. Very cool.

Waiting for:
YUL to WAW, PRG, BUD
YYZ to WAW, PRG, BUD year-round
...and of course YYZ-KRK 8-)

stlgph

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:21 pm

filipair wrote:

Waiting for:
YUL to WAW, PRG, BUD

How *is* Air Canada's partnership with LOT Polish? Would they (Air Canada) go into Warsaw or Krakow?
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

filipair

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:33 pm

The partnership seems OK. LOT is shut out of the JV that AC has with UA and LH group. However, AC and LO have decent codeshares on either end.

This summer AC will have a daily 767 on YYZ-WAW.
LO will fly 9x weekly WAW-YYZ on the 787-8 (probable upgauge to one of the -9's coming online in the spring) up from 5x weekly in the winter.

I'd say Rouge coming into YYZ-KRK is matter of time. But I might be biased. Hehe.

jmt18325

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:33 pm

stlgph wrote:
filipair wrote:

Waiting for:
YUL to WAW, PRG, BUD

How *is* Air Canada's partnership with LOT Polish? Would they (Air Canada) go into Warsaw or Krakow?

Well, they're already in Warsaw, so, yes.

jmt18325

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:35 pm

filipair wrote:
The partnership seems OK. LOT is shut out of the JV that AC has with UA and LH group. However, AC and LO have decent codeshares on either end.

LO will fly 9x weekly WAW-YYZ on the 787-8 (probable upgauge to one of the -9's coming online in the spring) up from 5x weekly in the winter.

I'd say Rouge coming into YYZ-KRK is matter of time. But I might be biased. Hehe.

They're out of fleet at this point (these new announcements max out the use of all 25 767s). They're going to need a bigger Rouge wide body fleet to do more, and I don't see that being allowed in the updated pilot agreement (it specifically mentions narrow body flying).

polaris

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:41 pm

jmt18325 wrote:
filipair wrote:

They're out of fleet at this point (these new announcements max out the use of all 25 767s). They're going to need a bigger Rouge wide body fleet to do more, and I don't see that being allowed in the updated pilot agreement (it specifically mentions narrow body flying).

The Casablanca service is moving from Rouge 763 to mainline A330-300 so that frees up some 763 aircraft for new routes.

Thomaas

Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:50 pm

polaris wrote:
jmt18325 wrote:
filipair wrote:

The Casablanca service is moving from Rouge 763 to mainline A330-300 so that frees up some 763 aircraft for new routes.

YVR-LGW isn't coming back, and I very much doubt YVR-NGO will be back next summer. YYZ-DUB (2x daily rouge is the summer) is also being transferred to mainline so quite a bit of cut backs which should allow for increased service elsewhere.

msycajun

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 pm

C'mon AC, give us MSY-YUL to connect to all the new TATL service!

jmt18325

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:07 pm

polaris wrote:
jmt18325 wrote:
filipair wrote:

That and the end of YVR-LGW are already taken into account.

ankaraflyjet

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:08 pm

Mainline AC YVR LHR goes double daily from end of March 2018 so capacity increase for YVR London actually that is why LGW is axed

Thomaas wrote:
polaris wrote:
jmt18325 wrote:

YVR-LGW isn't coming back, and I very much doubt YVR-NGO will be back next summer. YYZ-DUB (2x daily rouge is the summer) is also being transferred to mainline so quite a bit of cut backs which should allow for increased service elsewhere.

jmt18325

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:08 pm

Thomaas wrote:
polaris wrote:
jmt18325 wrote:

As far as I know NGO is coming back.

Noise

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:13 pm

jmt18325 wrote:
Thomaas wrote:
polaris wrote:

Why wouldn't NGO come back?

Guess

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:49 pm

msycajun wrote:

YYZ seems to be pretty solid, not sure why YUL isn't already happening.

continental004

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:50 pm

WOW...Portugal is on a roll with all these new TATL routes!

StrandedAtMKG

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:23 am

The marketing for Bucharest writes itself: "Toronto and Bucharest are my OTP!"

krisyyz

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:16 am

Impressive expansion. I guess this means the A333 will be staying longer, or more TATLs will be flown with the 737Max. Are there enough international gates at YYZ? There are rumours that the infield terminal will be operational again, perhaps the non-AC tenants at T1 could be moved to the infield.

KrisYYZ

idjim319

Re: Air Canada Expands its Global Networks to

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:36 am

I'm really impressed at how AC continues to build a really remarkable network. I've flown AC multiple times this year, including long haul on Rouge and Mainline and AC is becoming increasingly consistent in product and services. The problem I see is continued growth at YYZ terminal 1 on the international peer. I had two connecting flights to Europe via YYZ this summer and must say the terminal is completely inadequate. There is flight after flight departing with throngs of passengers, nearly no seating, virtually no food or shopping options, and quite frankly an experience I will avoid. How can such a new terminal be so inadequate? How can AC add even more people and aircraft into the mix? When is any expansion plan happening?

I know AC is marketing YYZ as an ideal connection hub for US originating to international passengers but Terminal 1 just can't continue with this growth. Is this a factor in more long haul from YUL? My preference for European connecting flights in future is YUL.

bunumuring

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:43 am

Hey guys,
Any chance of Rouge expanding to the southwest.... As in the Pacific/south east Asia? I doubt that they could reach Australia or NZ but ...
Cheers,
Bunumuring
I just wanna live while I'm alive!

whywhyzee

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:50 am

The infield terminal is indeed being re-activated, though not sure who the tenant(s) will be. Rest assured it won't be AC though. The problem with them is T1 international, it is too small. I just don't think they foresaw the growth rate that is really occurring, and got caught with their pants down so-to-speak. There are plans for 2 more piers eventually, although who knows when someone will cough up the money to build them. It's going to come down to no slots, and aircraft size will have to increase as a result. Frequency is essentially at its max, and well above that at peak times. Should be an interesting ride...

LAX772LR

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:01 am

msycajun wrote:

Seriously. With the fares AC charges for YYZ-MSY, I'm rather surprised that at least a weekend/seasonal YUL-MSY doesn't exist.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Topguncanada

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:16 am

KIX and NGO will be back in 2018 for Rouge. Expect an announcement regarding the third Asian Rouge YVR destination soon...

B752OS

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:40 am

The level of TATL service YUL has between year round and seasonal is pretty insane - BRU, FRA, GVA, LHR, LYS, CDG, DUB, FCO, ATH, BCN, OTP, LIS, MRS, NCE, KEF, VCE, BSL, BOD, LGW, MAD, NTE, PRG, TLS, AMS, MUC, ZRH, IST and PDL.

YVRda
Topic Author

Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:00 am

YVRda wrote:
https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2017-09-28-Air-Canada-Expands-its-Global-Network-with-New-and-Enhanced-Services-to-Europe-South-America-and-Africa-for-Summer-2018

- Non-stop Air Canada Rouge seasonal services start in June to Bucharest from Toronto and Montreal; to Zagreb and Porto from Toronto; and to Lisbon from Montreal

- Non-stop service between Casablanca and Montreal transfers to Air Canada mainline, beginning June 1, 2018

- Non-stop, Air Canada year-round Toronto-Buenos Aires service begins May 2, 2018, and a Montreal-Lima seasonal service starting in December has been upgraded to year-round

"Air Canada rouge becomes the only North American airline flying to Romania"

I forgot to meantion that AC also announced today the transfer of both Iceland routes (YYZ/YUL-KEF) from rouge to mainline as of May 30th 2018 using the 737MAX.

SpaceshipDC10

Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:09 am

Where are they getting the A333 to serve Casablanca?

filipair wrote:

Waiting for:
YUL to WAW, PRG, BUD

Indeed, however I'm a bit surprised they start OTP from two cities. What are the chances to see WAW, PRG, BUD year-round, but also served from YUL as well?

matt

Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:16 am

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:

I have the same question! There will be changes to the schedule for sure, because for the moment, there are more 333 routes than there are aircraft. For peak summer 2018, the 333 is slated for:

-YYZ-AMS (daily)
-YYZ-MUC (daily)
-YYZ-DUB (daily)
-YUL-CDG (daily)
-YUL-BRU (daily)
-YUL-GVA (daily)
-YUL-CMN (daily)
-YUL-FCO (daily)
-YUL-LYS (x47)

Maybe the 77L will operate some of these routes, as it has only (so far) been allocated to YYZ-YVR-SYD and YYZ-HKG for peak summer (July-August) 2018.

All that to say that there are more changes to come with respect to aircraft/route allocation.
Next flights: YQM-YUL-YVR-YUL-YQM / YQM-YYZ-HKG-DXB-BCN-YUL-YQM

adamh8297

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:51 pm

Assuming there will be an easy link in ZAG with OU to get to SPU or DBV.

Are there any wide-bodies flying into either SPU or DBV? Didn't see any in DBV while I was there. Runway is long enough for it.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

dcajet

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:49 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
I'm glad to see that SCL and EZE have grown enough that they can both handle their own flights. Both have consistently had service but AC has tried a number of different service patterns over the years, including some creative stuff like running a triangle one direction 3 days and the other 4 days.

As of May, SCL will see AC flights 5x w, and EZE 3x w, both with the 787-9. Although being a smaller market than EZE, SCL moves quite a large number of mining co's traffic with AC, since a large number of these companies that operate in Chile are Canadian and have corporate contracts with AC.

Another interesting fact is that the EZE flight includes a day time return to YYZ. Not the most ideal time of arrival for connections. It appears that AC is targeting the point to point traffic mostly. In any case, the EZE market gets a significant boost in the number of seats offered, as it goes from 4x w shared with SCL to 3x w as a stand alone flight.

AA/DL/UA also take a good part of the Argentina - Canada traffic, leveraging their hubs in the US - especially to points west of YYZ.

AC94 YYZ 1920 EZE 0705+1 789 135
AC95 EZE 0845 YYZ 1850 789 246
Keep calm and wash your hands.

idjim319

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:26 pm

It appears AC planning to use the 737 Max to open new markets rather than immediately replace A320s. They did the same thing with the Dreamliners and 767s.

So what else will the MAX allow AC to do?

Will we see any options on Dreamliners taken?

Cubsrule

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:50 pm

dcajet wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
Another interesting fact is that the EZE flight includes a day time return to YYZ. Not the most ideal time of arrival for connections. It appears that AC is targeting the point to point traffic mostly. In any case, the EZE market gets a significant boost in the number of seats offered, as it goes from 4x w shared with SCL to 3x w as a stand alone flight.

AA/DL/UA also take a good part of the Argentina - Canada traffic, leveraging their hubs in the US - especially to points west of YYZ.

It’s actually not a bad schedule for connecting to and from Europe. Despite a fairly late arrival, it catches many of AC’s TATL departures. International-international connections at YYZ are pretty easy.

TripleDelta
Screener

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:01 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
Are there any wide-bodies flying into either SPU or DBV? Didn't see any in DBV while I was there. Runway is long enough for it.

SPU no, DBV only occasional 767s and the odd 787 when cruise ships are in town.

adamh8297 wrote:
Assuming there will be an easy link in ZAG with OU to get to SPU or DBV

Very, numerous daily flights to both destinations.
Hawkeye: "It doesn't make any sense."
Radar: "Well, none of it makes any sense. You just have to send in the right number of forms." - MASH 4077

dcajet

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:32 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
dcajet wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

It’s actually not a bad schedule for connecting to and from Europe. Despite a fairly late arrival, it catches many of AC’s TATL departures. International-international connections at YYZ are pretty easy.

I get that, but whatever traffic they get from Argentina to Europe via YYZ will be the price sensitive crowd. All of Europe can be accessed much faster - albeit a bit pricier - directly from EZE via CDG, MAD, FCO, BCN, LHR, FRA, and soon via LGW with Norwegian: enter the low cost, long haul.

I find it interesting that AC is giving up completely on the Asia connections. Traditionally, from the CP Air days, they were THE airline for flights to Japan and points beyond from EZE, via YYZ or YVR. I am talking 70s and 80s. Air Canada then continued with that tradition, and even to these days AC has pretty good fares and decent connections to Asia via YYZ, although the market to Asia from Argentina is now very fragmented with the US3 and the ME2 + TK and other European airlines all taking a piece of the pie - especially EK & QR.
Keep calm and wash your hands.

Cubsrule

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:53 pm

dcajet wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
dcajet wrote:

I get that, but whatever traffic they get from Argentina to Europe via YYZ will be the price sensitive crowd. All of Europe can be accessed much faster - albeit a bit pricier - directly from EZE via CDG, MAD, FCO, BCN, LHR, FRA, and soon via LGW with Norwegian: enter the low cost, long haul.

I find it interesting that AC is giving up completely on the Asia connections. Traditionally, from the CP Air days, they were THE airline for flights to Japan and points beyond from EZE, via YYZ or YVR. I am talking 70s and 80s. Air Canada then continued with that tradition, and even to these days AC has pretty good fares and decent connections to Asia via YYZ, although the market to Asia from Argentina is now very fragmented with the US3 and the ME2 + TK and other European airlines all taking a piece of the pie - especially EK & QR.

I’m not sure that the AC connection wouldn’t be attractive to some subset of decently yielding passengers. I don’t like a short flight on the end of my longhaul, and for me the combination of a daylight flight followed by a night flight would help with jetlag.

filipair

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:56 pm

adamh8297 wrote:

Kinda random, but Austrian flew 763's into Dubrovnik on Fridays last summer http://www.austrianaviation.net/detail/ ... nflugplan/

SuperTwin

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:33 am

matt wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:

I have the same question! There will be changes to the schedule for sure, because for the moment, there are more 333 routes than there are aircraft. For peak summer 2018, the 333 is slated for:

-YYZ-AMS (daily)
-YYZ-MUC (daily)
-YYZ-DUB (daily)
-YUL-CDG (daily)
-YUL-BRU (daily)
-YUL-GVA (daily)
-YUL-CMN (daily)
-YUL-FCO (daily)
-YUL-LYS (x47)

Maybe the 77L will operate some of these routes, as it has only (so far) been allocated to YYZ-YVR-SYD and YYZ-HKG for peak summer (July-August) 2018.

All that to say that there are more changes to come with respect to aircraft/route allocation.

There's 1 more you're missing... YUL-TLV (2/wk). With that flight being as long as it is and a real stretch for the 333, I can see it being turned over to the 787s in short order. If LYS stays 5/wk then that route might also become a dreamliner route.

I wonder if they might tie it into the new YUL-NRT flight, in terms of aircraft rotation. The 788 doing the PVG run typically operates the YUL-FRA flight, I believe.

Just my musings.
SuperTwin

CHI2DFW

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:37 am

If it works for AC at YYZ, no reason it can’t work from DTW, except for that DL hatred thing... the few, the proud, and missing common sense, TEAM DTW, WORLD AVIATION POLICE!

Thenoflyzone

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:42 am

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:

Indeed, however I'm a bit surprised they start OTP from two cities. What are the chances to see WAW, PRG, BUD year-round, but also served from YUL as well?

They are serving OTP from both YYZ and YUL because both cities have decent demand to Romania. TAROM used to serve both YYZ and YUL.

SuperTwin wrote:
There's 1 more you're missing... YUL-TLV (2/wk). With that flight being as long as it is and a real stretch for the 333, I can see it being turned over to the 787s in short order. If LYS stays 5/wk then that route might also become a dreamliner route.

I wonder if they might tie it into the new YUL-NRT flight, in terms of aircraft rotation. The 788 doing the PVG run typically operates the YUL-FRA flight, I believe.

Just my musings.

YUL-TLV is currently a B789 and is scheduled a B788 for the entire S18 season.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ac82

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... tel%20aviv

matt wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:

-YYZ-AMS (daily)
-YYZ-MUC (daily)
-YYZ-DUB (daily)
-YUL-CDG (daily)
-YUL-BRU (daily)
-YUL-GVA (daily)
-YUL-CMN (daily)
-YUL-FCO (daily)
-YUL-LYS (x47)

I expect one of those routes will go B789.
The A333 and B789 at AC have a very similar seat count in all classes (27/21/244 vs 30/21/247). Subbing one for the other shouldn't be a problem, even if it is done at a later date.
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!

Thenoflyzone

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:58 am

msycajun wrote:

Guess wrote:
msycajun wrote:

LAX772LR wrote:
msycajun wrote:

Seriously. With the fares AC charges for YYZ-MSY, I'm rather surprised that at least a weekend/seasonal YUL-MSY doesn't exist.

MSY is YUL's 4th largest unserved market to the US, after HNL, SAN and SEA.

The O&D difference between YUL and YYZ tells the story.

2016 YYZ-MSY O&D 51,000

2016 YUL-MSY O&D 23,000, but increasing at a rate of 10% a year for the last 3-4 years. Pretty impressive considering no non-stop.

It will eventually happen, give it time. I'm confident SAN and SEA will also happen, probably when the CSeries arrives.
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!

jbs2886

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:34 am

Thenoflyzone wrote:
msycajun wrote:

Guess wrote:
msycajun wrote:

LAX772LR wrote:
msycajun wrote:

The O&D difference between YUL and YYZ tells the story.

2016 YYZ-MSY O&D 51,000

2016 YUL-MSY O&D 23,000, but increasing at a rate of 10% a year for the last 3-4 years. Pretty impressive considering no non-stop.

It will eventually happen, give it time. I'm confident SAN and SEA will also happen, probably when the CSeries arrives.

Interesting. MSY, of the top 4, is the only one that can be done with an RJ (read: E-Jet).

tofur

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:05 am

SuperTwin wrote:
matt wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:

-YYZ-AMS (daily)
-YYZ-MUC (daily)
-YYZ-DUB (daily)
-YUL-CDG (daily)
-YUL-BRU (daily)
-YUL-GVA (daily)
-YUL-CMN (daily)
-YUL-FCO (daily)
-YUL-LYS (x47)

Just my musings.

This past week an inflight manager was performing a check ride on one of my flights .When queried as to why one of the Airbus 333 was painted in the new livery, he said the company is planning to keep them for the foreseeable future and are looking to add up to 5 more Airbus 333 aircraft to the fleet. He said the plan is to keep the Airbus 333's and outfit them with new interiors similar to the Boeing 777/787 fleets.

He also mentioned that several routes, (non-specific), would be transferred to mainline in order for Rouge to expand in new territories. I have no idea as to the validity of his comments at this point, but he has been spot on before in his conversations with crew. Perhaps some new interesting routes ahead!

whywhyzee

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:49 am

I like their strategy, they are really leveraging Canada's quiet push at diversifying it's economy and growing as a nation. They have been creating more overlap as the 787's arrive, no longer routing everything Europe via YYZ and Asia via YVR for example. YUL has really benefitted from this expansion, and I hope that YOW and YYC will see some of the love as well.

With their fleet, they seem to take a more conservative approach, which is prudent. They hold 23 options/purchase rights for the 787, which they can exercise when they see fit, but given the current fuel prices, and production rate, I am sure they know pretty close to exactly when they can order and get an aircraft when they need, so they can effectively 'wait and see' and order when the time is right. I really expect some of the options to come as 787-10's, especially for YYZ where they are frequency capped most of the day because they don't have enough gates. I also wouldn't rule out more 77W's, given their prices right now, they could save 50 million dollars compared to say a 78J, and carry more people. More fuel burn, but less upfront cost and more revenue opportunity to offset.

Thomaas

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:14 am

Noise wrote:
jmt18325 wrote:
Thomaas wrote:

Why wouldn't NGO come back?

Loads throughout the summer have been less than stellar, with the places often leaving less than half full.

LAX772LR

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:47 am

Thenoflyzone wrote:

I'd imagine they'd be most inclined to try it first, as MSY is nearly half the distance of SAN (which would help maintain yield), and also can be done with smaller gauge.

Thenoflyzone wrote:
2016 YYZ-MSY O&D 51,000

Interesting! What's the source for these?

It also makes it all the more confounding that they haven't brought it along yet, especially to place that's already a station, and has pretty decent incentives out for near int'l destinations.

Does AC do weekend-only US services to anywhere from YUL?
Last edited by LAX772LR on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

EarlyLateORD

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:48 am

[/url]
Cubsrule wrote:

I had one of the oddest flights of my life on this route. Argentina's ATC system got knocked out during a strike. Air Force 1 was in Chile and rumors swirled that the two events were related. Nonetheless, I was scheduled on AC EZE-SCL-YYZ. We departed EZE super late and proceeded to fly east to MVD, where we were handled by Uruguayan ATC, then north over Paraguay, west over Bolivia and down into SCL. A route that is roughly 700 miles on a normal day, became 2500 miles! :/

Adam

JakubH

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:27 am

filipair wrote:

Waiting for:
YUL to WAW, PRG, BUD

My hope is that they will go for Prague on mainline AC year-round. My bet would be on YYZ with a 787 first (and hopefully YVR one day for US West Coast connections). The unmet demand from Prague to North America is (to put it mildly) huge and AC could win this if they are not too late (AA is starting PRG-PHL seasonally in 2018). There are still at least 100,000 seats up for grabs from PRG.
Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less.

Thenoflyzone

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:49 pm

LAX772LR wrote:

It also makes it all the more confounding that they haven't brought it along yet, especially to place that's already a station, and has pretty decent incentives out for near int'l destinations.

O&D data is from StatsCan and can be found here.

As for weekend-only US service, PBI, SJU and RSW come to mind.

tofur wrote:

This past week an inflight manager was performing a check ride on one of my flights .When queried as to why one of the Airbus 333 was painted in the new livery, he said the company is planning to keep them for the foreseeable future and are looking to add up to 5 more Airbus 333 aircraft to the fleet. He said the plan is to keep the Airbus 333's and outfit them with new interiors similar to the Boeing 777/787 fleets.

He also mentioned that several routes, (non-specific), would be transferred to mainline in order for Rouge to expand in new territories. I have no idea as to the validity of his comments at this point, but he has been spot on before in his conversations with crew. Perhaps some new interesting routes ahead!

I was going to say that maybe they will get their hands on some more A333s. Isn't AA getting rid of their A333s? Mind you their birds are PW powered. AC has RR.

whywhyzee

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Thenoflyzone wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

O&D data is from StatsCan and can be found here.

As for weekend-only US service, PBI, SJU and RSW come to mind.

tofur wrote:

I was going to say that maybe they will get their hands on some more A333s. Isn't AA getting rid of their A333s? Mind you their birds are PW powered. AC has RR.

AC has made no push to retire the A330's nor have they said anything about it? It's a popular Anet assumption, which as per usual, is completely baseless. The a330's have started to be repainted into the new livery.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos