OA940
Topic Author

Chances of Teterboro getting commercial air service?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:59 pm

If it happened, then what would the demand be? I'd also guess there would be a nighttime curfew. I think it is entirely possible, but I'm no expert. I just think it would be cool to see 737's or even E-Jets flying out of it (jk).
Last edited by atcsundevil on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited spelling in title
A350/CSeries = bae

jnev3289

Re: Chances of Teteboro getting commercial air service?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:04 pm

Not sure if this was ever overturned, but according to Wikipedia, there is a ban on aircraft over 100,000 lbs in TEB.
https://web.archive.org/web/20070428131 ... 091003.htm

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:52 pm

Impossible, there's no room for a terminal without big, BIG bucks buying up in-place operations. Then, there's the locals who have money and plenty of passion in opposing it.

GF

atcsundevil

Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:54 pm

There's pretty just no chance. TEB is the primary airport for private aircraft serving NYC. Congestion at JFK, LGA, and EWR make TEB the only viable alternative for most non-commercial flights. And just like the other three, TEB is MASSIVELY congested with huge operational numbers. TEB has a defined purpose, and that won't be changed to bring more commercial flights to the region.

TUSDawg23

Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:05 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
There's pretty just no chance. TEB is the primary airport for private aircraft serving NYC. Congestion at JFK, LGA, and EWR make TEB the only viable alternative for most non-commercial flights. And just like the other three, TEB is MASSIVELY congested with huge operational numbers. TEB has a defined purpose, and that won't be changed to bring more commercial flights to the region.

I think there are other viable alternatives besides TEB for non-commercial flights. FRG, HPN and MMU are a few that come to mind.

stlgph

Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Let's just say 0 and move on.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

atcsundevil

Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:26 pm

TUSDawg23 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:

I think there are other viable alternatives besides TEB for non-commercial flights. FRG, HPN and MMU are a few that come to mind.

All three of those already get plenty of flights. MMU is a decent alternative, but the issue isn't ramp space or facilities, it's airspace. EWR satellites are generally fed into single traffic streams. There may be three airports (TEB, MMU, CDW), but operationally they're all treated as one. There isn't room to give each airport its own stream. HPN traffic is also pretty heavily metered on a regular basis. The existence of airports and ramp space doesn't mean the airspace can permit increased traffic numbers, because things are beyond congested as it is. Holding for traffic headed to NY airports regularly occurs as far south as Virginia and North Carolina, and even down to Florida when things really go down the tubes. Simply pushing traffic onto other airports will accomplish nothing.

evank516

Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:50 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
TUSDawg23 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:

All three of those already get plenty of flights. MMU is a decent alternative, but the issue isn't ramp space or facilities, it's airspace. EWR satellites are generally fed into single traffic streams. There may be three airports (TEB, MMU, CDW), but operationally they're all treated as one. There isn't room to give each airport its own stream. HPN traffic is also pretty heavily metered on a regular basis. The existence of airports and ramp space doesn't mean the airspace can permit increased traffic numbers, because things are beyond congested as it is. Holding for traffic headed to NY airports regularly occurs as far south as Virginia and North Carolina, and even down to Florida when things really go down the tubes. Simply pushing traffic onto other airports will accomplish nothing.

:checkmark:

Geez, I've sat on the taxiway at DAB heading home to JFK waiting due to spacing issues.

I don't see TEB ever getting commercial air service. Way too close to EWR and the airspace doesn't need anymore. ISP and ACY can barely maintain new air service (WN is holding at ISP while NK holds at ACY), why would anyone want to throw TEB into that mix as well?

flyguy84

Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:13 pm

Zero
SFO

tphuang

Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:37 pm

I think jetsuitex has mentioned starting service at Morristown. I think teb is not out of realm of possibility for them.

LAXLHR

Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:49 pm

OA940 wrote:
If it happened, then what would the demand be? I'd also guess there would be a nighttime curfew. I think it is entirely possible, but I'm no expert. I just think it would be cool to see 737's or even E-Jets flying out of it (jk).

It's not happening!
BA IB ET JM EA GK PA VS AA SN HP CO W7 WN NW DL UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR WY MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN LO OK OZ UL SQ LA

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 332 333 342 343 380

NYCRuss

Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:55 pm

tphuang wrote:
I think jetsuitex has mentioned starting service at Morristown. I think teb is not out of realm of possibility for them.

It's not happening. The issue is not just the limitations of area airports. It's also about the limited amount of airspace. Another commercial airport right smack in the middle the existing airspace solves nothing.

SkyVoice

Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:04 am

Ultimate Air Shuttle (UE), a public charter company based in Cincinnati, currently has scheduled service into Morristown, NJ (MMU). Ultimate previously had seasonal service to Teterboro twice a week, but that service has been suspended. Here is a link for Ultimate's service to Morristown . . .

https://ultimateairshuttle.com/destinations/new-york/
"Your talents may take you where your character can not keep you." - Terry Nelson

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos