catdaddy63
Topic Author
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:27 am

WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:12 am

Here are the routings for the MAX 8 for Sunday October 1st, all 9 currently delivered frames are scheduled to operate:

N8705Q WN2791 HOU-DAL-OAK-BNA-STL-HOU
N8706Q WN4798 BWI-LAX-BWI
N8707P* WN1 DAL-HOU-SAT-DAL-HOU-PIT-LAX-PHX
N8708Q WN2767 HOU-DEN-MSY-MDW-DAL
N8709Q WN4371 PHX-LAX-SAT-HOU-MDW-DAL
N8710M WN5189 DAL-DEN-MSY-MDW-DAL
N8711Q WN3840 DEN-DAL-MCO-CMH-BNA
N8712L WN5852 MDW-BHM-DAL-MCO-DAL-MDW
N8713M WN5331 PHX-STL-SFO-PDX-PHX

* First scheduled departure

All data obtained from flightaware.com and obviously subject to change. Flight numbers may change throughout the day as I only used the number for the first flight of the day. Hopefully there will be some nice shots uploaded to the queue for our viewing pleasure!!!
Last edited by catdaddy63 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
2Holer4Longhaul
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:03 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:16 am

Oddly enough, I didn't find WN 5331's STL-SFO-PDX-PHX legs on flightaware using the flight number, nor did I manage to see them on WN's website
"You know, if you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything, wouldn't you, at any time? And you would achieve nothing!" - Margaret Thatcher
 
kon
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:43 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:01 am

2Holer4Longhaul wrote:
Oddly enough, I didn't find WN 5331's STL-SFO-PDX-PHX legs on flightaware using the flight number, nor did I manage to see them on WN's website


PHX-STL is going to be WN5331, STL-SFO-PDX is set to be WN4664 according to Flightaware. I'm excited to (hopefully) see the MAX for the first time tomorrow!
 
2Holer4Longhaul
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:03 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:10 am

kon wrote:
2Holer4Longhaul wrote:
Oddly enough, I didn't find WN 5331's STL-SFO-PDX-PHX legs on flightaware using the flight number, nor did I manage to see them on WN's website


PHX-STL is going to be WN5331, STL-SFO-PDX is set to be WN4664 according to Flightaware. I'm excited to (hopefully) see the MAX for the first time tomorrow!

I'll try to drive out to SFO if I can. Hopefully I'll make it happen.
"You know, if you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything, wouldn't you, at any time? And you would achieve nothing!" - Margaret Thatcher
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1512
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:05 am

catdaddy63 wrote:
Here are the routings for the MAX 8 for Sunday October 1st, all 9 currently delivered frames are scheduled to operate:

N8705Q WN2791 HOU-DAL-OAK-BNA-STL-HOU
N8706Q WN4798 BWI-LAX-BWI
N8707P* WN1 DAL-HOU-SAT-DAL-HOU-PIT-LAX-PHX
N8708Q WN2767 HOU-DEN-MSY-MDW-DAL
N8709Q WN4371 PHX-LAX-SAT-HOU-MDW-DAL
N8710M WN5189 DAL-DEN-MSY-MDW-DAL
N8711Q WN3840 DEN-DAL-MCO-CMH-BNA
N8712L WN5852 MDW-BHM-DAL-MCO-DAL-MDW
N8713M WN5331 PHX-STL-SFO-PDX-PHX

* First scheduled departure

All data obtained from flightaware.com and obviously subject to change. Flight numbers may change throughout the day as I only used the number for the first flight of the day. Hopefully there will be some nice shots uploaded to the queue for our viewing pleasure!!!

Interesting how its all (official or unofficial) focus cities/hub service and then they throw in BHM.
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 1670
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:25 pm

Flight #1 DAL-HOU is airborne and the next chapter has started in the WN story!
Congratulations Southwest Airlines!

Flyguy
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.
 
User avatar
tjwgrr
Posts: 2405
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2000 4:09 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Flightradar24 shows the a/c type as B38M, FlightAware map shows as 7M8, but DAL and HOU FlightAware departure lists shows as 738..... confusing.
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.
 
Q
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 10:29 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:50 pm

I'll be flying MDW-DAL-MDW on Oct 28 both ways 738MAX. I can't hardly wait.

Q
 
User avatar
BWIAirport
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:33 pm

tjwgrr wrote:
Flightradar24 shows the a/c type as B38M, FlightAware map shows as 7M8, but DAL and HOU FlightAware departure lists shows as 738..... confusing.

FlightAware tends to be inconsistent especially with Southwest's fleet (it would display 738 routes at 733, etc). My first source is definitely Flightradar24 for that kind of information.
Next flight: November 23 BA216 IAD-LHR A388
November 24 BA814 LHR-CPH A320

SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 1670
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:20 pm

Well flight #1 went off without a hitch! BUT flights #2 and #3 not so much Both delayed to the MAX!

Flyguy
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Moderator
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:26 pm

The 737-300s are out, the MAX comes in.

Image
https://twitter.com/flightradar24/statu ... 4903948290
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 1516
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:37 pm

Congrats to WN and the MAX program!
@DadCelo
 
flyiguy
Posts: 979
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:21 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:55 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Well flight #1 went off without a hitch! BUT flights #2 and #3 not so much Both delayed to the MAX!

Flyguy


Flight 1 was delayed minutes because the FA's didn't have their Safety Demo equipment.

FLY
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.
 
expert7700
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:30 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:56 pm

N8707P went tech before departing as flight WN2. Spoiler issue. The 2 hour delay means as of now it will not finish its last scheduled legs today PIT-LAX-PHX
 
737max8
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Well, I really enjoyed flight 1. Stinks about 2 and 3 but at least the inaugural was fun! Got some great pictures.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A343 A359 A388
 
KiloRomeoDelta
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:40 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:26 pm

All Day 1 routes mapped! Talk about a busy first day at a new job... :lol: :airplane:

Image
 
User avatar
Runway28L
Posts: 1737
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:02 pm

expert7700 wrote:
N8707P went tech before departing as flight WN2. Spoiler issue. The 2 hour delay means as of now it will not finish its last scheduled legs today PIT-LAX-PHX

Went to PIT to photograph the MAX's arrival, only to see it on FR24 swapped for a regular 737-800 :banghead:
Greetings from KPIT! Check out my photos here: https://www.airliners.net/search?user=45 ... teAccepted
 
Jshank83
Posts: 2773
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:58 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
tjwgrr wrote:
Flightradar24 shows the a/c type as B38M, FlightAware map shows as 7M8, but DAL and HOU FlightAware departure lists shows as 738..... confusing.

FlightAware tends to be inconsistent especially with Southwest's fleet (it would display 738 routes at 733, etc). My first source is definitely Flightradar24 for that kind of information.


Yea. Flightaware had the Stl-SFO flight as a 733 instead of MAX. Lol. It usually fixes it later but you can't trust it. I go back a few flights legs on it usually to double check
 
User avatar
treebeard787
Posts: 733
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:03 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:03 pm

I went out to PHX to catch the two departures this morning, N8709Q operated the first flight, and N8713M the second. N8713M was delivered on the 30th of September.
Allons-y!
 
FriscoHeavy
Posts: 1544
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:33 pm

When will they begin doing international flights (such as Mexico)?
Whatever
 
GSPSPOT
Posts: 2476
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:44 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:12 pm

stl07 wrote:
catdaddy63 wrote:
Here are the routings for the MAX 8 for Sunday October 1st, all 9 currently delivered frames are scheduled to operate:

N8705Q WN2791 HOU-DAL-OAK-BNA-STL-HOU
N8706Q WN4798 BWI-LAX-BWI
N8707P* WN1 DAL-HOU-SAT-DAL-HOU-PIT-LAX-PHX
N8708Q WN2767 HOU-DEN-MSY-MDW-DAL
N8709Q WN4371 PHX-LAX-SAT-HOU-MDW-DAL
N8710M WN5189 DAL-DEN-MSY-MDW-DAL
N8711Q WN3840 DEN-DAL-MCO-CMH-BNA
N8712L WN5852 MDW-BHM-DAL-MCO-DAL-MDW
N8713M WN5331 PHX-STL-SFO-PDX-PHX

* First scheduled departure

All data obtained from flightaware.com and obviously subject to change. Flight numbers may change throughout the day as I only used the number for the first flight of the day. Hopefully there will be some nice shots uploaded to the queue for our viewing pleasure!!!

Interesting how its all (official or unofficial) focus cities/hub service and then they throw in BHM.

Where the hell is MKE?
Great Lakes, great life.
 
futuresdpdcop
Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:26 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:21 pm

GSPSPOT wrote:
stl07 wrote:
catdaddy63 wrote:
Here are the routings for the MAX 8 for Sunday October 1st, all 9 currently delivered frames are scheduled to operate:

N8705Q WN2791 HOU-DAL-OAK-BNA-STL-HOU
N8706Q WN4798 BWI-LAX-BWI
N8707P* WN1 DAL-HOU-SAT-DAL-HOU-PIT-LAX-PHX
N8708Q WN2767 HOU-DEN-MSY-MDW-DAL
N8709Q WN4371 PHX-LAX-SAT-HOU-MDW-DAL
N8710M WN5189 DAL-DEN-MSY-MDW-DAL
N8711Q WN3840 DEN-DAL-MCO-CMH-BNA
N8712L WN5852 MDW-BHM-DAL-MCO-DAL-MDW
N8713M WN5331 PHX-STL-SFO-PDX-PHX

* First scheduled departure

All data obtained from flightaware.com and obviously subject to change. Flight numbers may change throughout the day as I only used the number for the first flight of the day. Hopefully there will be some nice shots uploaded to the queue for our viewing pleasure!!!

Interesting how its all (official or unofficial) focus cities/hub service and then they throw in BHM.

Where the hell is MKE?

Milwaukee, WI
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 1670
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:48 am

The 737MAX8 MX delay on the inaugural Texas triangle flights was a curse from the Hawaiian gods for coming to the Islands bringing hope for the people during the travel summit and leaving them with nothing.

Flyguy
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.
 
User avatar
TVNWZ
Posts: 2194
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:28 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:50 am

Apparently WN002 went mechanical with a spoiler light issue. Gary Kelly aboard. Tried to fix it three times and eventually called in another plane. Oops.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4011
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:04 am

stl07 wrote:
catdaddy63 wrote:
Here are the routings for the MAX 8 for Sunday October 1st, all 9 currently delivered frames are scheduled to operate:

N8705Q WN2791 HOU-DAL-OAK-BNA-STL-HOU
N8706Q WN4798 BWI-LAX-BWI
N8707P* WN1 DAL-HOU-SAT-DAL-HOU-PIT-LAX-PHX
N8708Q WN2767 HOU-DEN-MSY-MDW-DAL
N8709Q WN4371 PHX-LAX-SAT-HOU-MDW-DAL
N8710M WN5189 DAL-DEN-MSY-MDW-DAL
N8711Q WN3840 DEN-DAL-MCO-CMH-BNA
N8712L WN5852 MDW-BHM-DAL-MCO-DAL-MDW
N8713M WN5331 PHX-STL-SFO-PDX-PHX

* First scheduled departure

All data obtained from flightaware.com and obviously subject to change. Flight numbers may change throughout the day as I only used the number for the first flight of the day. Hopefully there will be some nice shots uploaded to the queue for our viewing pleasure!!!

Interesting how its all (official or unofficial) focus cities/hub service and then they throw in BHM.


Interesting, but then I also wouldn't consider SAT, PIT, CMH, SFO, PDX, and maybe even MSY focus cities for WN either...
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
727200
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:13 am

Cutback in schedule? Thirty 737-300s left the fleet yesterday, only 9 MAX are taking their place. I assume because its fall sked, there is slack in the fleet?
 
AA737-823
Posts: 5432
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2000 11:10 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:07 am

expert7700 wrote:
N8707P went tech before departing as flight WN2. Spoiler issue. The 2 hour delay means as of now it will not finish its last scheduled legs today PIT-LAX-PHX


Interesting that the ONLY flight control change made to the 737 for the MAX generation, as far as I have read, is... making some spoilers fly-by-wire.
And now they're broken.
Figures!
 
Q
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2000 10:29 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:30 am

Great Circle Mapper does not show CVG. Does WN have MDW-CVG 737MAX service? I saw schedule before.

Q
 
bgm
Posts: 2080
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:01 am

TVNWZ wrote:
Apparently WN002 went mechanical with a spoiler light issue. Gary Kelly aboard. Tried to fix it three times and eventually called in another plane. Oops.


Does the 737 MAX have EICAS?
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
Chuska
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:42 am

On Saturday's only ABQ is in the loop with WN2952 BWI-ABQ-DAL, 1120a-1205p. Will be there!
 
737max8
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Q wrote:
Great Circle Mapper does not show CVG. Does WN have MDW-CVG 737MAX service? I saw schedule before.

Q


Saturday only MDW-CVG-MDW this month!

The GC map above was only for Oct 1st. Weekday schedule is different. Sat schedule is different.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A343 A359 A388
 
barney captain
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:47 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:23 pm

737max8 wrote:
Q wrote:
Great Circle Mapper does not show CVG. Does WN have MDW-CVG 737MAX service? I saw schedule before.

Q


Saturday only MDW-CVG-MDW this month!

The GC map above was only for Oct 1st. Weekday schedule is different. Sat schedule is different.


Good info!

(check your pm's plz)
Southeast Of Disorder
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 13844
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:20 pm

What is the current pilot and f/a training situation on the Max? Can all bases staff it? I assume the workgroups are not 100 percent trained.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
jetblueguy22
Posts: 3186
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:26 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
What is the current pilot and f/a training situation on the Max? Can all bases staff it? I assume the workgroups are not 100 percent trained.

Thought someone on here said it was just a few hour computer module that the pilots had to complete
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club
 
barney captain
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:47 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:35 pm

jetblueguy22 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
What is the current pilot and f/a training situation on the Max? Can all bases staff it? I assume the workgroups are not 100 percent trained.

Thought someone on here said it was just a few hour computer module that the pilots had to complete


Everyone at WN is trained and the a/c is flying without restrictions system-wide (there may be a few airports not permitting the MAX however - BUR?).
Southeast Of Disorder
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2613
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:46 pm

barney captain wrote:
jetblueguy22 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
What is the current pilot and f/a training situation on the Max? Can all bases staff it? I assume the workgroups are not 100 percent trained.

Thought someone on here said it was just a few hour computer module that the pilots had to complete


Everyone at WN is trained and the a/c is flying without restrictions system-wide (there may be a few airports not permitting the MAX however - BUR?).


MAX has definitely visited BUR already.
https://youtu.be/X2GTZAh--L8
 
barney captain
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:47 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:50 pm

ikolkyo wrote:
barney captain wrote:
jetblueguy22 wrote:
Thought someone on here said it was just a few hour computer module that the pilots had to complete


Everyone at WN is trained and the a/c is flying without restrictions system-wide (there may be a few airports not permitting the MAX however - BUR?).


MAX has definitely visited BUR already.
https://youtu.be/X2GTZAh--L8


Good to see. I heard initially that it may not be going through BUR for some reason. Has it seen SNA?
Southeast Of Disorder
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2613
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:23 pm

barney captain wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:
barney captain wrote:

Everyone at WN is trained and the a/c is flying without restrictions system-wide (there may be a few airports not permitting the MAX however - BUR?).


MAX has definitely visited BUR already.
https://youtu.be/X2GTZAh--L8


Good to see. I heard initially that it may not be going through BUR for some reason. Has it seen SNA?


Not yet, and it won't for the rest of October.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... perations/
 
737max8
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:04 am

ikolkyo wrote:
barney captain wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:

MAX has definitely visited BUR already.
https://youtu.be/X2GTZAh--L8


Good to see. I heard initially that it may not be going through BUR for some reason. Has it seen SNA?


Not yet, and it won't for the rest of October.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... perations/


It only visited BUR for FAA proving runs, it is not part of regular MAX service at this time.

Lower 48 for now also, but I don't think any int'l flying was planned for now anyways. Not too many -800 int'l routes to boot!
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A343 A359 A388
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 3493
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Just a reminder to users: this thread isn't a referendum on the 737, it's about 737 MAX ops at Southwest. If you'd like to debate the merits of the 737 MAX, there are other more appropriate threads for which you may do so.

✈️ atcsundevil
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2137
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:44 pm

737max8 wrote:
Well, I really enjoyed flight 1. Stinks about 2 and 3 but at least the inaugural was fun! Got some great pictures.


Did the 7M8 feel/sound/look any different to you than a standard 738?

Also, does anyone happen to know when WN started using 4000 and 5000 series flight numbers? I thought 3000s were the highest WN went for scheduled ops.
 
badgervor
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:18 pm

barney captain wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:
barney captain wrote:

Everyone at WN is trained and the a/c is flying without restrictions system-wide (there may be a few airports not permitting the MAX however - BUR?).


MAX has definitely visited BUR already.
https://youtu.be/X2GTZAh--L8


Good to see. I heard initially that it may not be going through BUR for some reason. Has it seen SNA?


Are my eyes deceiving me or does the max have double blinking strobes?
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2613
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:25 pm

badgervor wrote:
barney captain wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:

MAX has definitely visited BUR already.
https://youtu.be/X2GTZAh--L8


Good to see. I heard initially that it may not be going through BUR for some reason. Has it seen SNA?


Are my eyes deceiving me or does the max have double blinking strobes?


Indeed it does, comes from the 787.
 
bgm
Posts: 2080
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:40 pm

ikolkyo wrote:
badgervor wrote:
barney captain wrote:

Good to see. I heard initially that it may not be going through BUR for some reason. Has it seen SNA?


Are my eyes deceiving me or does the max have double blinking strobes?


Indeed it does, comes from the 787.


The 787 doesn't have double-blinking strobes:
https://youtu.be/H5YwQHJ8KLE?t=129
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2613
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:52 pm

bgm wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:
badgervor wrote:

Are my eyes deceiving me or does the max have double blinking strobes?


Indeed it does, comes from the 787.


The 787 doesn't have double-blinking strobes:
https://youtu.be/H5YwQHJ8KLE?t=129


I think sure he is talking about the strobe lights on the tailcone, which the 787 does have. Well they are LED now so I guess technically not strobe lights.
 
badgervor
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:58 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:06 pm

ikolkyo wrote:
bgm wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:

Indeed it does, comes from the 787.


The 787 doesn't have double-blinking strobes:
https://youtu.be/H5YwQHJ8KLE?t=129


I think sure he is talking about the strobe lights on the tailcone, which the 787 does have. Well they are LED now so I guess technically not strobe lights.


I was referring to the wing tip strobes. In the video they appear to blink twice airbus style. Maybe it's just the video refresh rate messing with me?
 
737max8
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:24 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
737max8 wrote:
Well, I really enjoyed flight 1. Stinks about 2 and 3 but at least the inaugural was fun! Got some great pictures.


Did the 7M8 feel/sound/look any different to you than a standard 738?

Also, does anyone happen to know when WN started using 4000 and 5000 series flight numbers? I thought 3000s were the highest WN went for scheduled ops.


The 7M8 was extremely quiet. You could hear any little noise in the cabin!

I'm just a fan of the new lighting and music package on this plane. The cabin is gorgeous.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A343 A359 A388
 
32andBelow
Posts: 3966
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:30 pm

737max8 wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
737max8 wrote:
Well, I really enjoyed flight 1. Stinks about 2 and 3 but at least the inaugural was fun! Got some great pictures.


Did the 7M8 feel/sound/look any different to you than a standard 738?

Also, does anyone happen to know when WN started using 4000 and 5000 series flight numbers? I thought 3000s were the highest WN went for scheduled ops.


The 7M8 was extremely quiet. You could hear any little noise in the cabin!

I'm just a fan of the new lighting and music package on this plane. The cabin is gorgeous.

Is the cabin and lighting different that the current sky interior offering?
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2613
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:31 pm

badgervor wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:
bgm wrote:

The 787 doesn't have double-blinking strobes:
https://youtu.be/H5YwQHJ8KLE?t=129


I think sure he is talking about the strobe lights on the tailcone, which the 787 does have. Well they are LED now so I guess technically not strobe lights.


I was referring to the wing tip strobes. In the video they appear to blink twice airbus style. Maybe it's just the video refresh rate messing with me?


Must be the refresh rate, this D8 aircraft shows the regular blink once style. https://youtu.be/77SJpyfDPBY?t=2m
 
User avatar
aeromoe
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:34 am

Re: WN 7M8 First Day Routings October 1st

Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:47 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
tjwgrr wrote:
Flightradar24 shows the a/c type as B38M, FlightAware map shows as 7M8, but DAL and HOU FlightAware departure lists shows as 738..... confusing.

FlightAware tends to be inconsistent especially with Southwest's fleet (it would display 738 routes at 733, etc). My first source is definitely Flightradar24 for that kind of information.


Same with Alaska Airlines on FlightAware.
AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR BY B6 CO CP(2) DG DL EA EI EN FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(1) OZ(2) PA PI PT QF QQ RM RO RV(1) RV(2) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(2) ZZ 9K

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos