Lilienthal

Re: LH introduces revised livery

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:03 pm

PixelPilot wrote:

Ultimately all of them will be painted, I was wondering why Queen was the first.
There's way more estate on the 380 as well so logic doesn't apply much here.

I was actually serious in my first reply... the 747 is regarded as the more beautiful and representative aircraft by Lufthansa. That's why they use it in ads and for example for the return of the German national team after the world cup win. And let's face it... while the A380 is impressive, fascinating and the designated flagship simply because it's their biggest aircraft, it doesn't even come close to the 747 from an aesthetic point of view.

blink182

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 pm

JannEejit wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
ACCS300 wrote:
I have no doubt the yellow will reappear somewhere in the near future as I'm sure there's a ton of internal objection to the loss. I predict either the crane and circle but only the outline this time. This small change would seem very doable even after much of the fleet is re-painted.

They aren't going to waste the money changing the livery again just to appease the employees. If they don't like it, they can hit the bricks.

I wouldn't rule it out, American Airlines held a staff vote after the 2013 livery release, such was the backlash and lest we forget how strongly the German public felt about the post Thomas Cook rebranding of Condor.

That was a weird vote, and the AA mixed with the new scheme looked and acted horrendous. This is why you let pilots fly the airplane, why you let mechanics work on the airplane, and why you let brand/insights people decorate the airplane without any real mixing of the roles; I would be concerned if I boarded a plane and an airline's CMO told me he would be flying the flight without any formal training. Without getting into a flame war here, CO/UA showed us what happens when you let accountants and lawyers dictate brand. UA has since had to build everything else around it.

As for why 747-8? If maintenance check isn't the primary reason, my best guess is that LH "owns" the 747-8, much like EK owns the A380. LH has always promoted the 747-8i heavily, and D-ABYA specifically has always been a featured aircraft as it was the first delivery of the type. Had there been an A350 ready for delivery that may have been it, but LH may have realized, perhaps from these forums, that newly-built aircraft are probably the worst way to hide a new scheme.
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

questions

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:40 pm

I usually like clean, modern European design but I think the new livery is just bland. I don’t agree that yellow is unprofessional. Blue is overused in the airline industry and blue AND yellow is what sets LH apart. I like the rest of the branding effort, but the livery falls short.

I think the back portion of the fuselage, below the tail (the portion painted blue)should be yellow.

Here’s my rough mock up... color is off.

LAXLHR

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:57 pm

questions wrote:
I usually like clean, modern European design but I think the new livery is just bland. I don’t agree that yellow is unprofessional. Blue is overused in the airline industry and blue AND yellow is what sets LH apart. I like the rest of the branding effort, but the livery falls short.

I think the back portion of the fuselage, below the tail (the portion painted blue)should be yellow.

Lufthansa's new and probably short lived livery makes United Airlines CO, and DL's livery look exciting and fresh.
BA JM EA GK QH PA VS AA SN HP CO W7 WN NW DL QQ UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR PG MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN PC LO OK OZ UL SQ

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 332 333 342 343 380

speedbird52

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:35 am

I hope you are right about shortlived...
"I have control" Three Words That Could Have Saved Lives.

gaystudpilot

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:38 am

questions wrote:

Even this has more creativity than what the highly paid marketing team came up with.

I think once the team discovered the consumer “insight” that yellow doesn’t evoke the emotional response the brand aspires to be, someone said, “Remove the yellow from the livery”... then another team member said, “Now it’s too white”... a third said, “Extend the blue of the tail and it won’t look too white”... and a fourth team member exclaimed, “Brilliant!” And thus the new livery was born. Of course English-only speakers in the hallway who overheard the German speaking team thought they were yelling at each other.

PixelPilot

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:01 am

LAXLHR wrote:
questions wrote:

Lufthansa's new and probably short lived livery makes United Airlines CO, and DL's livery look exciting and fresh.

I don't get it. Exciting? Do you sit on the wing when you travel and marvel at the artistic beauty and creation of the design team?
All it is there for is for you recognize it and unless you can't see the logo on the dark tail then you know what it is.
Remember, "like" is subjective and I get that part but I'm not sure what people want from a livery of a airplane lol.

And that thing with the yellow fuselage... LOL. Seriously? That's not even ugly. That's two different birds glued together.

Same thing was being said when B called the 787 "Dreamliner". Oh boy the internet exploded with likes of "dumbest name and idea ever".
Well guess what. None of the people I know is interested in airplanes. None. They use them to travel. When I ask what they flew with they have no idea UNLESS it was the Dreamliner. That they always know because it is a catchy name and easy to remember.

The livery is not there to make you giddy about it, it is to present a product/brand and when I'm showing some of those non airline geeks that I know both pictures for the past two days it's a unanimous win for the new one. So simple conclusion about a.net is that people get attached personally to brands which clouds their judgment on the real reasons why those birds get painted in the first place. Most people don't give it even a second thought. They have better things to care/worry about than if the new livery is "exciting" or not. they might care about food, seat comfort, lavatory and all kind of things that make or break comfortable travel but being stressed about a COLOR of a airplane you can't even see is only reserved to ultra geeks.

Markam

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:38 am

So, it seems that in the end the livery will indeed feature the "LH yellow", in the title font, correct? Or was this just some one-time gimmick for the unveiling?

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthans ... 30/4841333

questions

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:53 am

Markam wrote:
So, it seems that in the end the livery will indeed feature the "LH yellow", in the title font, correct? Or was this just some one-time gimmick for the unveiling?

Who is Helena?

questions

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:05 am

PixelPilot wrote:

I don't get it. Exciting? Do you sit on the wing when you travel and marvel at the artistic beauty and creation of the design team?
All it is there for is for you recognize it and unless you can't see the logo on the dark tail then you know what it is.
Remember, "like" is subjective and I get that part but I'm not sure what people want from a livery of a airplane lol.

And that thing with the yellow fuselage... LOL. Seriously? That's not even ugly. That's two different birds glued together.

Same thing was being said when B called the 787 "Dreamliner". Oh boy the internet exploded with likes of "dumbest name and idea ever".
Well guess what. None of the people I know is interested in airplanes. None. They use them to travel. When I ask what they flew with they have no idea UNLESS it was the Dreamliner. That they always know because it is a catchy name and easy to remember.

The livery is not there to make you giddy about it, it is to present a product/brand and when I'm showing some of those non airline geeks that I know both pictures for the past two days it's a unanimous win for the new one. So simple conclusion about a.net is that people get attached personally to brands which clouds their judgment on the real reasons why those birds get painted in the first place. Most people don't give it even a second thought. They have better things to care/worry about than if the new livery is "exciting" or not. they might care about food, seat comfort, lavatory and all kind of things that make or break comfortable travel but being stressed about a COLOR of a airplane you can't even see is only reserved to ultra geeks.

Dang dude! Why are you so crabby and attacking people?

There are forum readers who have a love for airplanes and for some the livery is an important part of that. There are also people who have a love of airline branding and the livery is an important part of that.

Take your meds and get some rest. I hope you feel better in the morning!

PixelPilot

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:15 am

questions wrote:
PixelPilot wrote:

Dang dude! Why are you so crabby and attacking people?

There are forum readers who have a love for airplanes and for some the livery is an important part of that. There are also people who have a love of airline branding and the livery is an important part of that.

Take your meds and get some rest. I hope you feel better in the morning!

Lol I don’t need meds. I’m just fine.
And while livery being important makes sense but literally calling people / brand / designers names, plotting union strikes and crap like that just cause somebody doesn’t like it it is not. If people can do that so can I for whatever reason I choose to thank you very much for your concern.

GE90man

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:40 am

Markam wrote:

It seems as if they are projecting text and other graphics onto the aircraft. If you look through instagram with the tag #explorethenew, you can see many photos of different text in yellow on the side of the fuselage, as well as some pics of the first A321 in new colors, D-AISP

Markam

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:44 am

GE90man wrote:
It seems as if they are projecting text and other graphics onto the aircraft. If you look through instagram with the tag #explorethenew, you can see many photos of different text in yellow on the side of the fuselage, as well as some pics of the first A321 in new colors, D-AISP

I see. Too bad, I thought that the LH yellow lightened up the livery.

questions wrote:
Who is Helena?

No idea, but I would not mind my name projected on that bird! :biggrin:

seahawk

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:56 am

787Driver wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Although I think a yellow crane on the engines would be a nice touch.

No thanks. Either you choose to use yellow on every logo on the aircraft or you don't use it on any logo.

Using a mix of different colours on the same logos in various locations is exactly what they wanted to avoid as explained in a video posted earlier. They even referred to the different looks of the same logo collected at one page as the "wall of shame".

You are right.

upintheair2018

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:13 am

questions wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:
And now the first A321 has been repainted, see https://twitter.com/AeronewsRO/status/9 ... 6818949121

Is the light on the tail? The crane logo on the tail looks illuminated which is kind of cool. Is this just the photo or was a special paint used so that it would look like its glowing in low light?

The crane seems backlit, but it’s just because of the normal tail light. Here’s a second photo of the A321 at Ostrava posted by Aeronews last night: https://twitter.com/aeronewsro/status/9 ... 4976049152

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braybuddy

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 am

Out of curiosity, what has been the reaction in Germany now that it's officially been launched? And in the airline itself? There must be a lot of LH staff in here. Another plus for the new look is the dropping of the website name from the rear of the fuselage. It only cheapened the look, and was completely unnecessary in this day and age.

seahawk

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:50 am

The livery is considered boring, but the overall re-branding is seen as positive. I do not know the reaction to the new uniform, but so far I have not heard anything negative about it either.

O530CarrisPT

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:05 am

seahawk wrote:
The livery is considered boring, but the overall re-branding is seen as positive. I do not know the reaction to the new uniform, but so far I have not heard anything negative about it either.

The livery may be boring (the lack of yellow disappointed me), but it grew up on me since it looked well-done, despite of that little detail. I've seen their uniform, and it looks amazing. Overall, LH's re-branding ended up being better than I expected.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

seahawk

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:16 am

I must say I like the new livery in the dark. When the light illuminates the crane it really shines.

Braybuddy

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:35 am

The key to this new livery is in how well it's kept. As long as it's not allowed to get dull or dirty it will continue to look smart and sharp. Lufthansa will have no problem in carrying this off at all.

ro1960

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:04 am

I can help but compare this new livery to that of UTA. Except UTA had really bold letters and a nice touch with the green doors. Maybe LH should add a similar touch to make it less bland.

You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports

NickWebb

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:37 am

gaystudpilot wrote:
questions wrote:

Even this has more creativity than what the highly paid marketing team came up with.

I think that once again you are all missing the point. The highly paid marketing team's brand does not start with designing the aircraft livery, it finishes with it. That's after they apply the design to the check-ins, ground services, lounges, in-flight items, uniforms etc. As I have said before the actual aircraft livery is only about 5% of the travelling public's perception of an airline.

I think once the team discovered the consumer “insight” that yellow doesn’t evoke the emotional response the brand aspires to be, someone said, “Remove the yellow from the livery”... then another team member said, “Now it’s too white”... a third said, “Extend the blue of the tail and it won’t look too white”... and a fourth team member exclaimed, “Brilliant!” And thus the new livery was born. Of course English-only speakers in the hallway who overheard the German speaking team thought they were yelling at each other.
[photoid][/photoid]/Users/nickwebb/Desktop/FullSizeRender.jpg

trijetsonly

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 am

There's a presentation video in the Lufthansa Intranet about the developement of the new livery.
In that video they also show other livery drafts that have been considered but disregarded. Many of the drafts from this very forum thread are shown there and obviously lost against the final livery.
Maybe the video will be made public by LH.

Part of that wall of drafts can be seen here on this video from explorethenew.com:
https://youtu.be/FoLWB3FXYzU?t=85
Happy Landings

Aviaphile

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:10 am

Changes are very often difficult to accept on first sight. The more one looks at a new livery such as this, the more acceptable it becomes as the initial shock wears off. I couldn't get my head round the A350's nose when it first came out but now I'm used to it and like it. I do feel that the new Lufthansa livery is extremely stark, for want of a better expression, stark and monochromatic and therefore dull. I disagree that it's very modern. Continuing the colour from the tail down round the rear fuselage has been featured in many other colour schemes before, as many observers here have pointed out so it is hardly something new. But you can't please all the people all of the time so we'll just have to get used to it!
A300 310 319 320 321 332 343 346 380 ATR42 Bae146 707 720 721 722 732 733 734 735 738 741 742 743 744 74D SP 752 762 763 772 1-11400 500 Concorde DC3 DC910 30 50 DC10-30 MD11 Trident 1 2 3 Dash 7 DH6 Do228 328 F27 28 HS 748 LX45 L1011200 Viscount 700 800

EPA001

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:20 am

trijetsonly wrote:
There's a presentation video in the Lufthansa Intranet about the developement of the new livery.
In that video they also show other livery drafts that have been considered but disregarded. Many of the drafts from this very forum thread are shown there and obviously lost against the final livery.

Part of that wall of drafts can be seen here on this video from explorethenew.com:

Thanks for posting this. it is again a convincing video which also shows that when it comes to the new livery they seem to have worked through dozens of possible new liveries. Combined with the whole new branding appearance the chosen livery is very appropriate and I sure they will achieve their goals they have set with it.

intotheair

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:26 am

After watching the 15 minute video explaining the design process, I'm starting to get on board with the whole thing. Reducing the yellow to an accent color while strengthening the crane application makes sense, and I can't wait to see all the different ways they'll use the yellow.

The only thing I didn't hear a good explanation for was the spill of the navy onto the fuselage. That still feels odd to me.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

jreuschl

LH introduces revised livery

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am

Lufthansa: Nonstop Blue. Nonstop You!

New marketing line?

Well at least there is that yellow box next to the entry door.
Last edited by jreuschl on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldannyboy

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am

Lilienthal wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
(...)
They could have come up with such a bare, poor, stripped-down design in a 30-minute brown bag, after having written an outline of bullet points on a napkin! They certainly didn't need to hire consultants for what essentially looks like an in-between leases temporary scheme!
(...)
The rest is PR spiel at best...it's froth, nothing more.
(...)
The rest is ancillary bits and bobs (desks, carts, service equipment, signage...) that randomly come up (depending on the airport) in varying degrees of consistency along the whole passenger journey, but matter very little.

Sorry to be so blunt but you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Redesigning the visual identity of a brand is time-consuming and complex. It's a whole strategy that translates to every single thing that is owned by the airline, in the real and the digital world. And no, you can't come up with that in 30 minutes. Just because it looks simple to you, doesn't mean that it actually is.

It's ok if you don't like it, but that's what they came up with and we'll see how it plays out... Us humans are just uncomfortable with change, so give it some time. You'll be surprised how quickly people will stop missing the egg yolk or the grey underbelly...

Hello Otto,
Mmm, no. Not really. I think that change is generally good.
You are right - I do know that the redesigning of the visual identity is a HUGE and complex job. I know quite a bit myself of corporate design. Hence why I am saying that the end result -THE LIVERY itself (which should be the crucial part of the job accomplished) is very unimaginative. I don't get the celebratory tone for a design that is uninspiring at best.
Not the rest of the job. The "accents" are nice. It's just that I am unsure of how they will control their "exposure" throughout the journey at locations that are not FRA or MUC. And I am serious. And I am fine with those ever so publicized yellow boarding cards. Or the CEO's yellow socks. .:-)

JA786A

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:42 am

That's how the livery will look like on the A380 and A350 (those are official plane models from LH):

Janka2014

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:26 am

trijetsonly wrote:

This and even more videos are made public on this special page: https://www.explorethenew.com/global/en

vahancrazy

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:38 am

I am just an civil airline industry geek. and must say... sorry guys, I must repeat it. The more I see the new livery, the more I love it.
The previous one it seemed old since the 90s when I first saw it. From my personal point of view it never was appealing.
FB page and website updates look good as previously. I mean, on website and FB to me it does not make much difference yellow or blue since I consider Lufthansa a great brand regardless of the colours they use.

...I look forward to new models for my collections!

Visol

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:43 am

link for the A321 in the new livery ;)

https://www.planes.cz/cs/photo/1225555/ ... a-osr-lkmt

seahawk

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:04 pm

JA786A wrote:
That's how the livery will look like on the A380 and A350 (those are official plane models from LH):

On the A380 I think it is an improvement. I also like it on the A350/A321.

JannEejit

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:49 pm

On the A380 model, I'm reminded of the Airbus house colours design.

FW200

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 pm

JA786A wrote:

That A380 model has the wingtips of the A380 plus. :smile:

What does this tell us? 8-)

EPA001

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:00 pm

FW200 wrote:
That A380 model has the wingtips of the A380 plus. :smile:

What does this tell us? 8-)

No, the winglet on the proposed A380-plus is much larger. So this tells us nothing beside how the A380 will look in the renewed livery.

FW200

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:01 pm

I don't think that the winglets of the A380plus would be »much larger« than those shown in the picture in the scale the model has been built.

nitepilot79

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Spot on for the times at least.

leleko747

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:09 pm

I thought the A380 Plus had a Split Scimitar-like winglet?

Anyway... livery still looks boring and dull to me, and a real downgrade from the classy livery they had.
Still very disappointed with LH.
I wonder when people will understand:
Embraer 190 or simply E190, not ERJ-190. E-Jets are NOT ERJs!
Boeing 747-8, not Boeing 747-800. Same goes for 787.
Airbus A320, not Airbus 320.
Airbii does not exist.

EPA001

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:09 pm

FW200 wrote:
I don't think that the winglets of the A380plus would be »much larger« than those shown in the picture in the scale the model has been built.

I beg to differ:

FW200

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:15 pm

And that's exactly what's shown on the model. Or what do you think would this look like reduced to the scale of the model posted above?

EChid

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Too bad they didn't intro the livery on the A380. In my opinion, due to the massive tail, the design actually looks better than on the 747. As much as I love the A380, I never expected to be calling it better looking.
2018: DRW-PER-HKG-ICN-MEL-AVV-BNE-OOL-SYD-YYZ-YYZ-YUL-YVR-PDX-SEA-SFO-PEK-KIX-CDG-IST-NRT-HND-BKK-FAT; AC J-TK J-OZ F-DL F-TG J/F-NH J/F-CX J-VA J

upintheair2018

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:28 pm

EChid wrote:
Too bad they didn't intro the livery on the A380. In my opinion, due to the massive tail, the design actually looks better than on the 747. As much as I love the A380, I never expected to be calling it better looking.

The first A380 will be painted this winter and the first A350-900 new livery (D-AIXI) will be delivered in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holzmann

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:06 pm

Any idea when Boeing will update this page and/or release 777-9 models in new LH livery?

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/custom ... nsa/#/777x
DISCLAIMER: Airliners.net is an AIRBUS forum. Boeing Commercial Airplanes, if it has considered doing so in the past, should in no way consider supporting this website.

EPA001

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:15 pm

FW200 wrote:
And that's exactly what's shown on the model.

I would suggest to get yourself a pair of good reading glasses if your eyes are telling you that that is exactly what the model shows. ;)

Braybuddy

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:44 pm

The blue in the firts pic is much lighter than the blue actually used, for some reason. The darker blue is smarter and looks much better IMHO: the livery has an understated beauty and simplicity which is perfect for the brand, giving that they want to take it upmarket. The more I see it the more I like it.

na

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:00 pm

Having seen D-ABYA in person I must say that there are several details I like about the new livery:
1. all-white wings: unique among airlines, and it will make LH planes even more recognizable from the ground than the "Spiegelei" did. I never understood why airlines do not treat the wings as part of the livery. Its great LH does so and it really underlines the airlines well-founded premium approach perfectly!
2. the new blue is a very classy shade.
3. the white leading edge of the tailfin with the smart curve at the top.
4. the new font/titles. Subtle, timeless, yet efficient and modern evolution of the ages-old Helvetica.

Its these fine details which make a classy livery out of a basically unexciting design. I am usually not a big fan of overly simple liveries, and I dislike JAL and especially China Eastern who have no such smart details at all in their designs.

The old livery now appears indeed old to me. I only still miss a bit of yellow somewhere.
Imho, overall the LH redesign has been very well executed.

N415XJ

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:19 pm

FW200 wrote:
And that's exactly what's shown on the model. Or what do you think would

What are you talking about? The model has standard A380 winglets.

787Driver

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:33 pm

FW200 wrote:
And that's exactly what's shown on the model. Or what do you think would

Come on. Just admit that you were wrong.

The new livery is indeed an improvement on the A380 in my opinion and the livery itself is starting to grow on me I have to say. This livery is timeless more so than the current one.
Last edited by 787Driver on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sooner787

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:33 pm

na wrote:
Having seen D-ABYA in person I must say that there are several details I like about the new livery:
1. all-white wings: unique among airlines, and it will make LH planes even more recognizable from the ground than the "Spiegelei" did. I never understood why airlines do not treat the wings as part of the livery. Its great LH does so and it really underlines the airlines well-founded premium approach perfectly!
2. the new blue is a very classy shade.
3. the white leading edge of the tailfin with the smart curve at the top.
4. the new font/titles. Subtle, timeless, yet efficient and modern evolution of the ages-old Helvetica.

Its these fine details which make a classy livery out of a basically unexciting design. I am usually not a big fan of overly simple liveries, and I dislike JAL and especially China Eastern who have no such smart details at all in their designs.

The old livery now appears indeed old to me. I only still miss a bit of yellow somewhere.
Imho, overall the LH redesign has been very well executed.

I noticed the wings and wondered if they were really white or if it was just the lighting.
I think the white wings are a great touch. Looking forward to seeing new livery in person :)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos