Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DLASFlyer
Topic Author

AA Goes year-round in JAC

Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:13 pm

American Airlines will offer year-round service to Jackson Hole, Wyoming beginning next spring using CRJ-700 aircraft with a mid-day turn from DFW. The past few years, AA has only flown in the winter and summer months from DFW, LAX and ORD with a mix of mainline and regional equipment. AA recently switched ground handling in JAC from ATS to Envoy. United and Delta use SkyWest for handling and Frontier announced a return to JAC just last week.

Departure Depart Time Arrival Arrival Time
DFW 11:10 JAC 12:58
JAC 13:35 DFW 17:17

Full press release: http://www.jacksonholeairport.com/perch ... elease.pdf

AAtakeMeAway

Re: AA Goes year-round in JAC

Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:03 pm

As someone who travels to JAC on business, this is great news. Does the Envoy ground handling include the gate agents? There are some great gate agents there; I hope they don't get "lost in the shuffle",

AAvgeek744

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 pm

Somewhat surprised they aren't keeping the 319 on the route. I flew in there several times on 757s, in bother summer and winter and flights were full.

slcdeltarumd11

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:06 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:
Somewhat surprised they aren't keeping the 319 on the route. I flew in there several times on 757s, in bother summer and winter and flights were full.

It is an EXTREMELY seasonal market. Demand fluctuates alot at JAC/ASE/EGE/HDN/MMH/MTJ. Winter its skiers, summer its people people on holidays when the kids are out of school visiting the national parks and stuff. Between seasons can be a fantastic time to go, if the weather lucks out for you (that is the gamble) everything is cheaper, less crowded, but it can be really quiet. You will see some businesses and restaurants take extended breaks and close, it gets real quiet.

Delta currently holds the pretty small number of the year round frequent fliers right now, but the ones that exist tend to be quite wealthy, so i think AA is making a good move. AA going year round might allow them to pull some away into their corner since now they are year round. I think this is a good move, but they don't need mainline there will be some days when a CR7 is tough to fill, there just are not that many people headed to JAC on a Tuesday in the off season. Its a good start for them. Delta flies quite a few pretty planes on random days like tuesday/wen in the between seasons to keep their base happy with a consistent year round product.

I do think this is a good move for AA, and the right plane to start.

DLASFlyer
Topic Author

Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:07 pm

AAvgeek744 wrote:

They are keeping the A319 and 757s for winter and summer, just adding the CRJ at times when there used to be no service. With the wind down of the 757, JAC has become quite the land of the A319. It’s not unusual to see 8-10 of them on the ramp at a time and no other types.

AAtakeMeAway wrote:
As someone who travels to JAC on business, this is great news. Does the Envoy ground handling include the gate agents? There are some great gate agents there; I hope they don't get "lost in the shuffle",

Gate agents are Envoy employees for American flights and SkyWest employees for Delta/United flights. Despite service from four mainline carriers, no mainline employees work JAC for any carrier. Frontier may be handled by Envoy agents as well.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos