Aviano789
Topic Author

Avianca In Colombia

Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:46 pm

Colombian Airline #Avianca Granted Permission to Hire Foreign Pilots during Strike http://bit.ly/2xT9y9f
(1) Will they hire American Pilots?
(2) What would be pay grade for foreign Pilots?
https://panampost.com/felipe-fernandez/ ... ign=buffer

mabadia71

Re: Avianca In Colombia

Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:29 pm

They are going to use the permission to shuffle around pilots from the other Avianca subsidiaries, mainly Avianca El Salvador and Avianca Peru
mabadia71

xijiayu

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:11 am

Any idea when this disruption would end? It has already caused massive cancellations and delays to many flights to/ from BOG. I am due to fly with them from GIG to MEX via BOG and SAL in a week time, but the latest cancellations and heavy delays really worry me a lot. Bad time to fly them at the moment I thought.

fishmeal

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:45 pm

I've been looking at fleet compositions on Airfleets.net and it doesn't list Avianca Colombia. Looking at FlightRadar24 I noticed that the Avianca planes I see inflight all have US registry, like the B787-8 N972AV and the A330 N973AV. What is the deal? Under what group does this airline fall? Wikipedia says it merged with TACA, which is now called Avianca Holdings S.A. and Avianca is a member of the Star Alliance. I'm just wondering under which airline their fleet is listed?

eamondzhang

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:03 pm

fishmeal wrote:
I've been looking at fleet compositions on Airfleets.net and it doesn't list Avianca Colombia. Looking at FlightRadar24 I noticed that the Avianca planes I see inflight all have US registry, like the B787-8 N972AV and the A330 N973AV. What is the deal? Under what group does this airline fall? Wikipedia says it merged with TACA, which is now called Avianca Holdings S.A. and Avianca is a member of the Star Alliance. I'm just wondering under which airline their fleet is listed?

It's just called "Avianca" for the Colombia part (the core): https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Avianca

Cheers
Michael

fishmeal

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:26 pm

That site is much more comprehensive than Airfleets.net.

Thanks for the link!
Dean

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos