Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

caflyboy
Topic Author

Is DL done with YX?

Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Looking at the route map, it seems there are less and less routes for DL flown by YX. In one of their last reports, it showed 15% of their flying was for DL. Since they came out of bankruptcy, are the just waiting for more planes to fly for DL? Or are they thinking of winding them down like they did to EV? As I recall, they are now part owner in YX along with UA and AA. Are the simply letting the regional fly for the others and making their money off their ownership and simply using them to "fill in gaps?" What gives with DL and YX?

IPFreely

Re: Is DL done with YX?

Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:58 pm

New DOT rules require airlines to include regional airlines in their on-time and cancelled flight reporting if those regional airlines account for 0.5% or more of total revenue. Delta is no doubt keeping YX at 0.49% or less so they do not have to report their performance.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/ ... 89c66.html

EA CO AS

Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:58 pm

Did you mean Mesa, YV? YX is Midwest.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

jumpship

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:23 pm

I am guessing Republic. I had to look it up. :/
Have a nice day.

Flyer732

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:02 pm

I'd say no, they're not phasing out YX. They recently moved around 6 aircraft from Compass to Republic to be operated out of LGA. There aren't a lot of city pairs, but there are significant segments on the shuttle flying.

DiamondFlyer

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:35 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
Did you mean Mesa, YV? YX is Midwest.

YX is Republic. Delta hasn't had anything to do with Mesa since the Freedom disaster...

And no, I don't expect YX to go away at Delta, since they own a number of slots at LGA & DCA that Delta utilizes. I would, however, expect G7 and CP to be on the chopping block by 2020.
From my cold, dead hands

caflyboy
Topic Author

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:54 pm

YX is Republic YV hasn't flown for DL in years.

Interesting about G7 and CP. Just curious why they might be next?

DiamondFlyer

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:56 pm

caflyboy wrote:
YX is Republic YV hasn't flown for DL in years.

Interesting about G7 and CP. Just curious why they might be next?

Unlike OO and YX, G7 and CP have fleets that are mostly owned by DL, just like EV. Delta showed that they want to bring things back to where they can control it, by putting at a place that runs the airplanes without a CPA. G7 especially more than CP, Delta wouldn't have given the expense of setting up parts inventory and requiring the training for CR7's at 9E, if the plan was only ever 3 CR7s.
From my cold, dead hands

miaskies

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:13 pm

Delta is not done with YX, quite the contrary, not sure where these rumors show up. They just took delivery over the last few months of 6 former Compass E70's. YX has been instrumental in the BOS build up and will continue to do so. Currently running not only the LGA-BOS shuttle but BOS-MKE, BOS-IND, BOS-CMH, BOS-BNA and coming for the winter months BOS-NAS. As ExpressJet moves out of LGA and the CS100 arrive at LGA to take over LGA-DFW and LGA-IAH, do not be at all surprised to see more YX flying in routes currently not flown on dual class planes or on YX birds. Remember, post restructuring Delta owns 26% of YX :)
Crosscheck Complete :)

DiamondFlyer

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:17 pm

miaskies wrote:
Delta is not done with YX, quite the contrary, not sure where these rumors show up. They just took delivery over the last few months of 6 former Compass E70's. YX has been instrumental in the BOS build up and will continue to do so. Currently running not only the LGA-BOS shuttle but BOS-MKE, BOS-IND, BOS-CMH, BOS-BNA and coming for the winter months BOS-NAS. As ExpressJet moves out of LGA and the CS100 arrive at LGA to take over LGA-DFW and LGA-IAH, do not be at all surprised to see more YX flying in routes currently not flown on dual class planes or on YX birds. Remember, post restructuring Delta owns 26% of YX :)

I wouldn't expect YX to move west at all though. Especially in light of the 30 Skywest 175SC's that are slated to replace 30 of the 33 EV CR7s leaving the Delta Connection fleet.
From my cold, dead hands

jbs2886

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:35 pm

IPFreely wrote:
New DOT rules require airlines to include regional airlines in their on-time and cancelled flight reporting if those regional airlines account for 0.5% or more of total revenue. Delta is no doubt keeping YX at 0.49% or less so they do not have to report their performance.

You say DL is “no doubt” keeping regionals under 0.5%. Yet that article does not support Your statement and in fact indicates DL intends to bring regionals up to main line standards, which contradicts your statement.

I had you on ignore, guess I shouldn’t have clicked open for more nonsense.

caflyboy
Topic Author

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Makes sense. Seems like G7 is at biggest risk with the CR7s.

jrkmsp

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:21 pm

miaskies wrote:

Where has it been reported that Delta owns 26% of post-BK RJET? I'm not saying it's impossible, but I haven't seen that reported anywhere.

caflyboy
Topic Author

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:33 pm

It was part of the Bankruptcy restructure. All three majors own a portion. Interesting arrangement and made me wonder how YX will fare with all three since they have somewhat different approaches to regionals. Will be interesting to see.

durangomac

Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:23 am

IPFreely wrote:

Actually what the 0.5% rule is the point where carriers have to report their on-time stats. There is a secondary part of the rule, all majors with regionals (a codeshare flight that isn't marketed under a another marketing carriers code) will be required to report the on-time stats for all flying for carriers that don't report themselves, if the carrier reports for themselves then the major just has to report the flight on a "short" form with the basic flight number, date, city pair and aircraft tail number.

With the new ruling we're going to see an interesting pattern in my opinion of regionals that haven't been filing.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos