Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

coairman

Re: UA/B6 Merger Rumors Floating Again

Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:59 am

This deal could happen.....:

-There are quite a few ties between United (on the Continental side) and JetBlue. Dave Barger, the ex CEO was a Continental man who used to run DTW and then EWR. Icema Gibbs who used to be a high level Continental manager at EWR left Continental when the company was emerging from bankruptcy and looking promising, to start with a new airline called JetBlue back in the early to mid 90’s. Now Icema is in upper management with JetBlue. Currently, a top manager of JetBlue who runs their FLL hub used to work for Continental in both CLE and EWR.....etc

- Antitrust issues in NYC could be resolved by relinquishing EWR market share to competitors like to WN...Maybe make a deal with WN to set up a significantly large operation in EWR. The feds love Wn and the “ southwest effect “......

-The most profitable UA hubs of DEN and SFO wouldn’t be impacted as far as antitrust issues and would remain powerful anld large.

-UA finally gets Florida hubs in MCO and FLL which could effectively compete against AA's very profitable MIA hub. The UA 787's could bring in international feed from Europe, Asia and South America to feed the Florida hubs.

-Bos has no antitrust issues.

-UA gets to beef up it’s current Airbus fleet and add the large EMBs of B6.

It has a chance of happening especially with Scott Kirby's aggressive stance to making UA once again the largest airline in the world. He also is a big fan of rebuilding UA's domestic market that has shrunk and was given to the competition. He is also a big fan of building large connecting traffic at the hubs. Smisek was about cutting costs and shrinking the airline and Scott Kirby is the opposite. He is focused on making United larger and building up the hubs to become more dominant and gain market share and higher connectivity to aid in building the hubs. He wants to grow LAX with a new terminal 9 expansion. It’s all about growing the network.
The views I express are of my own, and not the company I work for.

coairman

Re: UA/B6 Merger Rumors Floating Again

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:51 am

jumbojet wrote:
Yesterday, on a seemingly perfect weather flying day, B6 had 16% of their flights delayed. United had 15% of their flights delayed. Together, it will be a mess. Throw in some bad weather and matters multiply exponentially. This is day in and day out, good weather or bad weather. Must be very frustrating for the pax.

The funny part is that B6 blames their chronically delayed flights on ATC. That's ridiculous. B6 should stop blaming their problems on others and accept blame and responsibility for their inability run a timely operation.

B6's planes are getting old, they're not maintained adequately which is what is leading to delay after delay after delay. Maybe B6 should have Delta tech ops perform their maintenance? Its not ATC's fault, shame on JetBlue. Shame, shame, shame.

United has been running great on time numbers for a while now....the recent widespread delays was due to widespread SFO ATC delays due to the Northern California wildfires creating incredible smoke and haze resulting in massive ground delay programs and effecting UA’s SFO hub.

UA has been running a much more timely operation than JetBlue.

DOT on time arrival chart for July 2017 :

https://www.transportation.gov/sites/do ... r-atcr.pdf
The views I express are of my own, and not the company I work for.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos