salttee

Re: MH370: Malaysia set to announce resumption of search as early as this week

Tue May 08, 2018 4:55 am

777Jet wrote:
I see you avoided my question: "So then tell me, why do you think the plane has not yet been found?"

Now you are trying to change the subject. This subtopic started here:
But these days you are accepting the Inmarsat data to be valid: right?

The reason 9M-MRO hasn't been found is related to the immensity of the Southern Ocean.

777Jet

Thu May 10, 2018 2:58 pm

salttee wrote:

To answer you, no, I still don't accept the data to be valid. It more than likely is valid, but I'm not 100% convinced yet. All of the lies, cover ups and obfuscation from the beginning from those handling this are reasons why I am skeptical. If the wreckage site is found anywhere within a maximum glide radius plus farther distance to allow debris to drift farther in currents on the journey down to the sea floor in any direction from that final ping then I will accept the data as being valid. But as with other MH370 'info', who really knows what is valid or not - data included. I say this despite the data and other info fitting the scenario that I have always thought is most likely - human intervention. Nonetheless, valid or not, the data is pretty much all we have that helps suggest where MH370 finally headed after things went from normal to very odd. Is the data valid? I hope so. And if it is, I hope that it has been used correctly. But until it provides the result we are after I'm just not sure.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90,717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9,306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

moa999

Thu May 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Will be interesting whether the unexpected change in Malaysian Government will result in any more information coming out.

richierich

Thu May 10, 2018 4:18 pm

777Jet wrote:
salttee wrote:

To answer you, no, I still don't accept the data to be valid. It more than likely is valid, but I'm not 100% convinced yet. All of the lies, cover ups and obfuscation from the beginning from those handling this are reasons why I am skeptical. If the wreckage site is found anywhere within a maximum glide radius plus farther distance to allow debris to drift farther in currents on the journey down to the sea floor in any direction from that final ping then I will accept the data as being valid. But as with other MH370 'info', who really knows what is valid or not - data included. I say this despite the data and other info fitting the scenario that I have always thought is most likely - human intervention. Nonetheless, valid or not, the data is pretty much all we have that helps suggest where MH370 finally headed after things went from normal to very odd. Is the data valid? I hope so. And if it is, I hope that it has been used correctly. But until it provides the result we are after I'm just not sure.

That's the most roundabout answer to a question I have seen in a long time!
Basically you don't trust Inmarsat data until proof is found showing the data was correct all along.
None shall pass!!!!

salttee

Thu May 10, 2018 7:19 pm

richierich wrote:
777Jet wrote:
salttee wrote:

Basically you don't trust Inmarsat data until proof is found showing the data was correct all along.

During the time of the original MH 370 thread, this guy and a few others did all they could to lead the discussion in circles. There still is a thread ongoing in non-av based on the premise that 9M-MRO is on the bottom of the South China Sea or abducted by the CIA or some such thing. One of the people in the thread back then was a public relations type, obviously representing the interests of the Malaysian government, so he was obfuscating all he could; that guy I could understand, he was in it for the paycheck. The guy currently sponsoring the thread in non-av is also doing it for the money - he's a writer of conspiracy theory books. Then there were pilot's union types who were loath to see a pilot blamed, I can understand them. But why some of the others, like this one, keep it up is beyond me. They grasp at one straw after another to keep the discussion focused on strawmen.

777Jet

Thu May 10, 2018 9:50 pm

richierich wrote:
777Jet wrote:
salttee wrote:

As I said, all of the lies, cover ups and obfuscation from the beginning leaves me with some skepticism and I do not apologise for feeling that way. I hope the data is valid, I hope it has been interpreted correctly, I hope the plane is found and I hope the actual cause is determined. But as I've always said, I doubt the plane will be found. I'd love to be wrong about that. It doesn't bother me to say 'I don't know' and I don't know if the data is valid or not.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90,717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9,306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

777Jet

Thu May 10, 2018 10:10 pm

salttee wrote:
richierich wrote:
777Jet wrote:

During the time of the original MH 370 thread, this guy and a few others did all they could to lead the discussion in circles. There still is a thread ongoing in non-av based on the premise that 9M-MRO is on the bottom of the South China Sea or abducted by the CIA or some such thing. One of the people in the thread back then was a public relations type, obviously representing the interests of the Malaysian government, so he was obfuscating all he could; that guy I could understand, he was in it for the paycheck. The guy currently sponsoring the thread in non-av is also doing it for the money - he's a writer of conspiracy theory books. Then there were pilot's union types who were loath to see a pilot blamed, I can understand them. But why some of the others, like this one, keep it up is beyond me. They grasp at one straw after another to keep the discussion focused on strawmen.

The one you reckon was pr for the Malaysian government... Was that TheFlyingDisk? I see that one still post in many other threads. Not sure if he was getting paid or not but I doubt he was convincing anybody if he was.

As for SpyHunter, do you think he has convinced anybody to buy into his scenario or buy any of his books based on the stuff he writes in here?

And what exactly am I "keeping up" that actually bothers you? Do you not like it that I still have an open mind on this and am happy to say "I just don't know?" Do you not like it that you have not been able to convince others to buy into your "the Captain did it 100%?" It would help if you realised that this is not case closed despite most things suggesting human intervention. As for grasping at straws, that is exactly what you are doing - you are desperate to convince others to agree with you and you go on the attack, just like Tailskid did, when they don't. I do appreciate your dedication to this important event though. Since you accept the data, if you had the money, would you enter into a 'no find, no fee' arrangement like the company conducting the current search did? Because you accept the data the plane will be found in that area, right? You could make many millions more?

CitizenJustin

Thu May 10, 2018 10:38 pm

buzzard302 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
I guess if they don't find MH370 with this search they will find it in a similar way as these shipwrecks have been found now...

I still doubt that MH370 will be found.

I am beginning to feel the same. I was hopeful for a very long time. It's a needle in a haystack and there is just too much unknown on where to even precisely search.

If it is found it will be by accident. Much like how many other things are.

salttee

Thu May 10, 2018 10:57 pm

777Jet wrote:
salttee wrote:
richierich wrote:

The one you reckon was pr for the Malaysian government... Was that TheFlyingDisk? I see that one still post in many other threads. Not sure if he was getting paid or not but I doubt he was convincing anybody if he was.

As for SpyHunter, do you think he has convinced anybody to buy into his scenario or buy any of his books based on the stuff he writes in here?

And what exactly am I "keeping up" that actually bothers you? Do you not like it that I still have an open mind on this and am happy to say "I just don't know?" Do you not like it that you have not been able to convince others to buy into your "the Captain did it 100%?" It would help if you realised that this is not case closed despite most things suggesting human intervention. As for grasping at straws, that is exactly what you are doing - you are desperate to convince others to agree with you and you go on the attack, just like Tailskid did, when they don't. I do appreciate your dedication to this important event though. Since you accept the data, if you had the money, would you enter into a 'no find, no fee' arrangement like the company conducting the current search did? Because you accept the data the plane will be found in that area, right? You could make many millions more?
bla bla bla bla. As always. Why don't you just stick to the spyhunter thread?

CitizenJustin

Thu May 10, 2018 11:01 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
Apparently some people is not capable to accept the fact that pilots are humans and can have a dark side. All the changes of direction, altitude, comms, are indicative of a deliberated action inside the cockpit to put the aircraft vanishing in the indian ocean, as a frequent flyer I don’t like to think a pilot could take actions like this, but you can not be blinded by your emotions or fears.
Rgds.
G.

You make a good point about emotions and fear. Some people think everything is a conspiracy and I believe it’s because they’re fearful people who can’t handle reality. They like to believe no accidents or disasters occur naturally, and instead, created by mankind in some sort of grand scheme to take over the world. Truly sad people.

Let’s just say I wouldn’t want to be stuck with one of these people in a disaster. They’d probably cower in the corner.

salttee

Thu May 10, 2018 11:02 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:
Apparently some people is not capable to accept the fact that pilots are humans and can have a dark side. All the changes of direction, altitude, comms, are indicative of a deliberated action inside the cockpit to put the aircraft vanishing in the indian ocean, as a frequent flyer I don’t like to think a pilot could take actions like this, but you can not be blinded by your emotions or fears.
Rgds.
G.

You make a good point about emotions and fear. Some people think everything is a conspiracy and I believe it’s because they’re fearful people who can’t handle reality. They like to believe no accidents or disasters occur naturally, and instead, created by mankind in some sort of grand scheme to take over the world. Truly sad people.

Let’s just say I wouldn’t want to be stuck with one of these people in a disaster. They’d probably cower in the corner.
Could you drag yourself out of your sadness long enough to provide real world examples of these "conspiracy theorists" so we can figure out what you're talking about?

You seem to have strong feelings on whatever subject you're dealing with in your mind.

777Jet

Thu May 10, 2018 11:51 pm

salttee wrote:
777Jet wrote:
salttee wrote:

bla bla bla bla. As always. Why don't you just stick to the spyhunter thread?

About what I expected. Another childish reply from salttee, followed by another one in reply #211. You claim some others are getting paid to participate in these threads yet you are the one continuing on the same agenda, on and on and on despite nothing new. You keep failing. Why don't you just give up and accept that you have failed to convince anybody that you are correct? How about trying something else?

777Jet

Thu May 10, 2018 11:57 pm

salttee wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:
Rgds.
G.

Could you drag yourself out of your sadness long enough to provide real world examples of these "conspiracy theorists" so we can figure out what you're talking about?

You seem to have strong feelings on whatever subject you're dealing with in your mind.

salttee, you seem to have issues. There might be people out there that can help you. I hope you get better one day. Take care.

salttee

Fri May 11, 2018 12:05 am

May I repeat post #197 for anyone who might have missed it?

salttee wrote:
777Jet wrote:
I have always accepted that Inmarsat had good intentions from the beginning and that they did not 'spoof' any data. Despite this, I have always had my doubts about the effectiveness of the different methodologies used to try and pin point the crash site given all of the important unknowns. Still, no wreckage site has been found despite all of the number crunching and revised number crunching and confidence...

Part 69 post #186 of the MH-370 thread:
777Jet wrote:
My posts from the first day Inmarsat was mentioned was that the data could be wrong either mistakenly or intentionally and I even suggested that Inmarsat could be 'in on it' for whatever reason so I don't take anything that Inmarsat says too seriously...

It's seldom the occasion to find someone caught so blatantly in a lie as 777Jet was caught here.
Most people would develop some humility after such an outing. Not this guy.

777Jet

Fri May 11, 2018 2:17 am

salttee wrote:
May I repeat post #197 for anyone who might have missed it?

salttee wrote:
777Jet wrote:
I have always accepted that Inmarsat had good intentions from the beginning and that they did not 'spoof' any data. Despite this, I have always had my doubts about the effectiveness of the different methodologies used to try and pin point the crash site given all of the important unknowns. Still, no wreckage site has been found despite all of the number crunching and revised number crunching and confidence...

Part 69 post #186 of the MH-370 thread:
777Jet wrote:
My posts from the first day Inmarsat was mentioned was that the data could be wrong either mistakenly or intentionally and I even suggested that Inmarsat could be 'in on it' for whatever reason so I don't take anything that Inmarsat says too seriously...

It's seldom the occasion to find someone caught so blatantly in a lie as 777Jet was caught here.
Most people would develop some humility after such an outing. Not this guy.

You can repeat yourself as much as you like; that is all you have been doing for the last few years with a personal attack for anybody who doesn't agree with your closed minded agenda. And you are so easily baited. I have long wondered, who is funding your poor public relations attempt and smear campaign? The manufacturer? The Americans? The Russians?

salttee

Fri May 11, 2018 2:34 am

See what I mean?

gzm

Fri May 11, 2018 4:02 am

777Jet wrote:
You can repeat yourself as much as you like; that is all you have been doing for the last few years with a personal attack for anybody who doesn't agree with your closed minded agenda. And you are so easily baited. I have long wondered, who is funding your poor public relations attempt and smear campaign? The manufacturer? The Americans? The Russians?

I agree with you. There is something I would like to say: the fact that debris has only been found in the vicinity of Madagascar certainly disproves the theory that the airplane went so far down the South Indian Ocean. This theory only serves to distract our attention from the actual crash site.

joffie

Fri May 11, 2018 4:27 am

60 Minutes Australia will be airing a segment about 370 on Sunday evening. Wonder what new "facts" will be found...

Planeflyer

Fri May 11, 2018 4:30 am

Guys, might I suggest we take a few days off or wait untill some real info is uncovered. No way to settle this w what we know now.

SomebodyInTLS

Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 am

gzm wrote:
777Jet wrote:

I agree with you. There is something I would like to say: the fact that debris has only been found in the vicinity of Madagascar certainly disproves the theory that the airplane went so far down the South Indian Ocean. This theory only serves to distract our attention from the actual crash site.

Did you not study the drift simulation data?
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

777Jet

Re: MH370: Malaysia resumes search to find aircraft

Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 am

Interesting news out of Malaysia re Anwar Ibrahim, and coinciding with the final efforts of the latest search for MH370...

Gonzalo

Fri May 11, 2018 2:55 pm

777Jet wrote:
Interesting news out of Malaysia re Anwar Ibrahim, and coinciding with the final efforts of the latest search for MH370...

Can you elaborate about the interesting News or provide a link?

Rgds.
G.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600

salttee

Fri May 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
Rgds.
G.
The news out of Malaysia is that Anwar Ibrahim, has been released from jail and will get royal pardon. Anwar Ibrahim was a friend of Captain Zaharie; the hijacking of MH 370 occurred the very evening of the day Ibrahim's five year prison sentence was upheld by a Malaysian court. The "crime" was a morals charge re: homosexuality.

For those who don't know, Malaysia has just had an unexpected change of government following Mahathir Mohamad's election victory over the ruling coalition that had governed for the last 50 years. Captain Zaharie was an outspoken opponent of the government and apparently was shaken when Anwar Ibrahim's sentence was upheld. As moa999 pointed out above: it will be interesting whether the unexpected change in Malaysian Government will result in any more information coming out about MH 370.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44079211

SomebodyInTLS

Fri May 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Gonzalo wrote:
777Jet wrote:

Big - and surprising - things going on in Malaysia...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... n-10224088

(And by the way, yes, that is the same Anwar who the pilot supported and whose second imprisonment - according to some conspiracy theorists on here - was the alleged motivation for killing himself and hundreds of innocents just to embarrass the government who have now toppled...)

Edit: damn - Salttee beat me to it.
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

Gonzalo

Fri May 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Thanks for the additional info, we are not fully aware of this developing stories, as you can imagine the news channels only focus in more local or regional news.
So the plot thickens...
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / FH-227 / A318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789 / B788 / A343 / ATR72-600

salttee

Fri May 11, 2018 4:48 pm

SomebodyInTLS wrote:
(And by the way, yes, that is the same Anwar who the pilot supported and whose second imprisonment - according to some conspiracy theorists on here - was the alleged motivation for killing himself and hundreds of innocents just to embarrass the government who have now toppled...)
Arguing by innuendo is cowardly. If you believe that there is no connection between Anwar Ibrahim's sentence being upheld one morning and MH370 going missing that night (among many other things) why not just come out and say it?

I will add that calling someone a "conspiracy theorist" (even by innuendo) is essentially name calling.

However I wouldn't want to limit your freedom of expression, you can argue like that if it suits you.

777Jet

Sat May 12, 2018 1:07 am

The other interesting development about the Anwar Ibrahim news is that the new PM has said he is going to hand power to Ibrahim in a few years so Ibrahim could end up as PM. Without the royal pardon Ibrahim would have been excluded from politics for five years IIRC, so the pardon was important for his political future.

So ironic that those who believe "the Captain did it is the most likely scenario" are being called conspiracy theorists because of the possible political motive / human factors element...

c933103

Sat May 12, 2018 1:58 am

Just found out that it haven't been posted on the forum... Not sure if it is a correct place to post this information since numerous unverifiable and speculative info are involved, if admin think it is not a correct place then please help move the post to one.
There is a Chinese person named Guo Wengui https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guo_Wengui who arrived onto US in recent years and started talking a lot about inside politics of China in recent years. It should be noted that many of his leaked information are unverifiable and should be taken with a grain of salt.
In September 2017, he stated in a livestream that many of the Chinese civilian on board the aircraft was actually doctors and individuals related to a liver transplant for the son of Jiang Zemin, together with their family. And Chinese government would like to cover up organ harvesting from criminals so he believe that it is the Chinese government that sabotaged the aircraft and killed those who are involved.
He also pointed out that there were Chinese policeman and inspector on the aircraft but they were simply reported as civilian and families with victim in MH370 accident were arrested for national security reason when they attempted to protest.
He also mentioned the member of Chinese Central Bureau who have visited Malaysia multiple times to coordinate rescue efforts, said he publicly stated that "We have 100% control on Malaysia and the Philippines", suggesting the plane was not found simply because they don't want it to be. He also mentioned a talk with a higher up in PLA on the topic of Chinese hackers, and it was said that "we can control matching of spacecraft thousands of mile away on the space, what else we can't control within thousands of mile?", and, "Nowadays you don't need to be physically there to kill someone. Internet of Things is the most convenient tool to do so."
Related reading: https://www.gaia.com/lp/content/guo-wen ... arvesting/

spacecadet

Sat May 12, 2018 3:32 am

Please, let's not allow another MH370 thread to turn into another bunch of nonsense. We may as well start having the alien shootdown theory discussion again.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

Planeflyer

Sat May 12, 2018 5:35 am

777Jet wrote:
The other interesting development about the Anwar Ibrahim news is that the new PM has said he is going to hand power to Ibrahim in a few years so Ibrahim could end up as PM. Without the royal pardon Ibrahim would have been excluded from politics for five years IIRC, so the pardon was important for his political future.

So ironic that those who believe "the Captain did it is the most likely scenario" are being called conspiracy theorists because of the possible political motive / human factors element...

Truly surreal goings on in Malaysia. Won’t bring the plane back but hopefully they can do a reset in a few other areas. They need it!

SomebodyInTLS

Sat May 12, 2018 11:53 am

salttee wrote:
SomebodyInTLS wrote:
Arguing by innuendo is cowardly. If you believe that there is no connection between Anwar Ibrahim's sentence being upheld one morning and MH370 going missing that night (among many other things) why not just come out and say it?

I will add that calling someone a "conspiracy theorist" (even by innuendo) is essentially name calling.

However I wouldn't want to limit your freedom of expression, you can argue like that if it suits you.

Oh for goodness' sake!

I could have said nothing, since I think there is no connection, but I thought it only fair for those who are interested to mention it.

But then I don't want to give the impression there is actually a link as far as I'm concerned - so I just say that some people believe in a link with a conspiracy
- hence conspiracy theorists.

Sheesh, it seems it doesn't matter how carefully and thoughtfully you try and say something, people will still take it the wrong way.

Planeflyer

Sat May 12, 2018 2:01 pm

SomebodyInTLS wrote:
salttee wrote:
SomebodyInTLS wrote:

Oh for goodness' sake!

I could have said nothing, since I think there is no connection, but I thought it only fair for those who are interested to mention it.

But then I don't want to give the impression there is actually a link as far as I'm concerned - so I just say that some people believe in a link with a conspiracy
- hence conspiracy theorists.

Sheesh, it seems it doesn't matter how carefully and thoughtfully you try and say something, people will still take it the wrong way.

Amen to this this! If everyone assumes the worst the threads become unreadable. Its always a good idea to confirm what the other writer means before making accusations.

neutrino

Sat May 12, 2018 4:48 pm

salttee wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:
Rgds.
G.
The news out of Malaysia is that Anwar Ibrahim, has been released from jail and will get royal pardon. Anwar Ibrahim was a friend of Captain Zaharie; the hijacking of MH 370 occurred the very evening of the day Ibrahim's five year prison sentence was upheld by a Malaysian court. The "crime" was a morals charge re: homosexuality.

For those who don't know, Malaysia has just had an unexpected change of government following Mahathir Mohamad's election victory over the ruling coalition that had governed for the last 50 years. Captain Zaharie was an outspoken opponent of the government and apparently was shaken when Anwar Ibrahim's sentence was upheld. As moa999 pointed out above: it will be interesting whether the unexpected change in Malaysian Government will result in any more information coming out about MH 370.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44079211

A couple of points of correction:
1) "Anwar Ibrahim, has been released from jail......."
Anwar will be released on Tuesday, May 15th.
2) ".......governed for the last 50 years."
Almost 61 years is truer as they were in power since independence on 31 August 1957
Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis

salttee

Sun May 13, 2018 5:43 am

I posted this in the Washington Post's comments pertaining to the recent story about the change of government in Malaysia (Mahathir bars predecessor from leaving Malaysia amid probe).
Maybe there is now a chance that the tapes from the Pulu Pinang Radar that recorded MH 370's flight path on the evening of its disappearance will be released. While they probably won't help in locating the wreckage site, they may shed light on why the plane and its 239 occupants diverted from its scheduled path. Besides the missing radar tapes, there were other indications of a hush up back then, maybe we'll have a general clearing of the air now. Many of us who closely followed the events after the plane's disappearance have long been waiting for the other shoe to drop.

This would be a good time for anyone and everyone who has an interest in finding out what actually happened aboard 9M-MRO to make noise on other forums and venues. If enough attention is raised, maybe something good will come from the effort.

bob75013

Mon May 14, 2018 5:58 pm

More speculation that MH370 was downed by a suicidal pilot

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/ ... tara-brown

estorilm

Mon May 14, 2018 6:10 pm

bob75013 wrote:
More speculation that MH370 was downed by a suicidal pilot

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/ ... tara-brown

Isn't that essentially like a media outlet randomly picking a few forum members here and forming a "panel" then taking our word as gospel on the matter?

That conclusion was always on the table - nothing specific or new has been offered to substantiate it.

Slow news day I assume.

juliuswong

Mon May 14, 2018 11:08 pm

Well there are many "experts" out there.... Unless we manage to find the black boxes (which is useless now since it is way past it's recovery time), we will never know what really happened on board. Heck, in some Plane Crash even black boxes couldn't give conclusive closing.

Both pilots are presumably or already dead (depends on which angle you see them from), and they can't defend themselves. So best is to blame them. Dead man can't
speak yeah...
- Life is a journey, travel it well -

salttee

Mon May 14, 2018 11:34 pm

juliuswong wrote:
Both pilots are presumably or already dead (depends on which angle you see them from), and they can't defend themselves. So best is to blame them. Dead man can't
speak yeah...
We've heard that illogic before. That's no reason to stick out heads in the sand.

juliuswong

Mon May 14, 2018 11:38 pm

salttee wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
speak yeah...
We've heard that illogic before. That's no reason to stick out heads in the sand.

Unfortunately true. (Bang head on wall......)
- Life is a journey, travel it well -

c933103

Mon May 14, 2018 11:48 pm

Wasn't that report come from the "60 Minutes" show that recently aired on US television?

TheFlyingDisk

Tue May 15, 2018 12:10 am

777jet wrote:

I don't care if I convinced anyone, because I never worked for the then government, nor did I ever got paid for posting on Airliners (as if they'd care). I do however have plenty of friends in MH who were involved with both MH370/MH17 & who had shared what they know. So unlike the rest of you lot, I do have some intimate knowledge of the matter.

Given the change in government, one would expect that further information be released - but I'm not so optimistic.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

Planeflyer

Tue May 15, 2018 4:35 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
777jet wrote:

I don't care if I convinced anyone, because I never worked for the then government, nor did I ever got paid for posting on Airliners (as if they'd care). I do however have plenty of friends in MH who were involved with both MH370/MH17 & who had shared what they know. So unlike the rest of you lot, I do have some intimate knowledge of the matter.

Given the change in government, one would expect that further information be released - but I'm not so optimistic.

What info would you like too see released?

salttee

Tue May 15, 2018 4:56 am

How about the radar tapes from Pulau Penang showing the exact flight path with altitudes from IGARI to out past MEKAR.

That would help a lot.

United787

Tue May 15, 2018 4:04 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

Forgive me if this has been discussed, I have avoided these threads.

But is this new information? The tipping of the wings over the captains home town, Penang, Malaysia.

BTW, speculating that the captain was upset over something political which in turn became his motive for making MH370 disappear, killing all on board, isn't a conspiracy theory. It is making speculations based on the limited amount of facts that are available. It is a completely plausible possibility. Germanwings 9525 and EgyptAir 990 prove that it doesn't take much motivation to do such a horrible thing; just two things are needed, a loose screw in your head and a pilot's license.

The conspiracy theory may be that certain elements of the Malaysian government conspired to not release specific information that would implicate the Malaysian captain, thereby embarrassing Malaysia. I hate conspiracy theories and I think the bigger the theory with the more people involved, the more likely they aren't true. That said, they do happen. The mayor of Chicago, Rahmbo, conspired to suppress a video of police shooting so it wouldn't interfere with his election, it happens.

salttee

Tue May 15, 2018 4:17 pm

United787 wrote:
But is this new information? The tipping of the wings over the captains home town, Penang, Malaysia.
AFIK it is something new, and I have dogged the MH-370 information since way back. It has to have come from that Australian 60 minutes program which I haven't been able to get myself to watch. AFIK the Penang radar tapes remain a Malaysian state secret and that is the only place that kind of information could come from.

gzm

Tue May 15, 2018 5:19 pm

I quote a paragraph at the end of that article: "Ocean Infinity CEO said the company's technology had performed "exceptionally well" and collected "significant amounts of high-quality data".Still, it found no trace of MH 370... Or, as we say in my country,"the operation was successful, the patient has died." In other words, the plane just isn't there, they searched and scanned for three months, what more do you need to understand that?

buzzard302

Tue May 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Interesting that lots of large news agencies are willing to put the article out saying the pilot did it. With no other evidence to support otherwise, I have always agreed with the theory. But at the end of the day, there still is no factual evidence to prove the pilot's ill will.

If the pilot did it, how did he eliminate the co-pilot from intervening? Must have waited until co-pilot left the cockpit for a break.

ltbewr

Tue May 15, 2018 5:56 pm

With such little info available as to the final course of MH 570, so many variables, in what has to be some of the deepest and least know areas of the oceans it is near impossible to locate its main wreckage. The investigation and search has been complicated and maybe compromised by political, cultural and religious issues. Hopefully as others have noted, the new government in Malaysia will release to the public any radar or other data, if it is still available, when MH 370 was still in Malaysian and adjacent airspace that could confirm critical parts of the course of MH 370. So many want answers, including for closure for the families of the victims of this loss that somehow investigations and some searching for remains continues.

salttee

Tue May 15, 2018 8:08 pm

buzzard302 wrote:
Interesting that lots of large news agencies are willing to put the article out saying the pilot did it. With no other evidence to support otherwise, I have always agreed with the theory. But at the end of the day, there still is no factual evidence to prove the pilot's ill will.

If the pilot did it, how did he eliminate the co-pilot from intervening? Must have waited until co-pilot left the cockpit for a break.
There is a lot of evidence showing that Zaharie did it. You must have avoided seeing it.

salttee

Tue May 15, 2018 8:49 pm

United787 wrote:
the tipping of the wings
I believe this comes from one of the Australian TV show 60 Minutes participants who was part of the original investigation and who apparently had seen at least part of the Penang tapes.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos