Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Flighty

Re: JetBlue to start BOS-MSP 3xday on May 3 2018

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 pm

WA707atMSP wrote:
I'm excited to see B6 coming to MSP. Unlike some, I prefer the Humphrey terminal, because I can be in my car within five or six minutes after deplaning, vs 15-20 minutes if my flight uses one of the more distant gates at the Lindbergh.

I think MSP-JFK is a no brainer, but I'd be surprised if they add MSP-FLL. People in Minnesota strongly favor the Gulf coast of Florida (as well as Arizona and Palm Springs), not the Atlantic coast, because the Atlantic coast is a longer drive. Even DL, with its huge hub at MSP, has relatively little service MSP-FLL, especially compared to MSP-RSW or MSP-TPA. If DL could make money flying MSP-FLL more often, they would do so, and their minimal schedule is an indication that there isn't enough demand - it's not an indication of an opprtunity for B6.

MSP Florida vacationers are already well served. That is not a good opportunity. After BOS and JFK, California would be the next thing. Due to competition, maybe none of this works. But it should be tried.

RJNUT

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Will give better access to MSP travelers to the EK and QR networks as well as a few others(non US3) flying out of BOS. Much of MSP's traffic onto EK's network was attained by backtracking to SEA on AS (or SY)

MSPSXMFLIER

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:42 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
MSPSXMFLIER wrote:
It's nice to finally have B6 available here at MSP. It will be interesting to see what other destinations will be flown out of MSP and how soon after this new MSP-BOS route, that will occur. I've read about SY's planned changes to the airline and I'm reserving judgement until giving it at least one try. Like many others who fly SY out of MSP for a winter getaway to the Caribbean, I'll be curious to see how this affects their traffic loads. If the changes prove to be lousy, then I'll just be heading to the Caribbean, via B6 and BOS. I've flown enough of DL that I'm happy to skip a stop in ATL and also their uninspired service.

I wonder once SY implements the new ULCC model if they will reduce flying at MSP. That would certainly open up some additional gate space at T2 for someone else (WN, B6, ??)

That's a good question. SY's new CEO talked about adding more planes over the next few years, but relying less on MSP as a hub and concentrating on more point-to-point flights. I would assume that could mean opening up some gate space for B6 or someone else?

cvgComair

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:17 pm

evank516 wrote:
WWads wrote:
evank516 wrote:

Hmm, MCI, STL, CVG?

One of the problems at CVG has been gate space. Now that one of the current airlines is moving over to B, a few A gates should open up. B6 would only really need one.

CVG has gate space issues after all of those cuts DL made? I'm actually surprised to hear that.

Most of CVG's gates were RJ-only, of DL's 670 flights, 400 were operated in Concourse C, which is RJ-only. Now, all of the airlines except Delta are in Concourse A, plus they tore down Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and Concourse C, so there is not as many gates left. However, DL is renegotiating its lease on Concourse B currently and they will move some airlines starting next summer. Presumably it is to open up space for new carriers as well, SY already has hinted at starting service next summer, I would not be surprised to see B6 as well.

jumbojet

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Tell you what, before we all get our panties in a bunch, lets examine MSP-BOS a few months after start up and see how its doing. It looks like at this point, B6 has taken over the proverbial title from DL of 'dartboard' airline of the decade. Because by the looks of things, BOS-ATL isn't doing all that great. I can buy $59 fares on a JetBlue flight from ATL-BOS for next week. Flights are completely wide open just about every day of the week, all flights. I guess its a win for non-revs and those looking for basement bargain fares.

DeltaRules

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 pm

evank516 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
evank516 wrote:

Hmm, MCI, STL, CVG?

STL, IND, CMH in that order if we are going by PDEW to BOS...

It would be interesting to see CMH, especially since they are yet another station that B6 would actually be "returning" to as opposed to starting new service. BNA and ATL are also such stations.

The feeling from some in the Ohio thread was that the B6 ship may have sailed when WN hopped on CMH-BOS, but if the passengers are there and B6 would be willing to go head-to-head with three other airlines (at least for now, depending on what SY does) on BOS-MSP, they might be able to handle two (DL, WN) to CMH.

I know MSP, STL, IND, CMH, and CVG (no particular order) were on that "20 largest markets we don't serve from BOS" slide from that B6 presentation a while back.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

IPFreely

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:16 am

BAINY3 wrote:
Excellent news! We've been waiting for B6 for years, and with SY evidently turning into a ULCC this seems like a good time to add one of the "premium" LCCs to the route. This is technically hub-to-hub for DL, and DL will presumably have a fit but I'm not sure where or how. Maybe they'll retaliate on a B6 hub-to-hub route and dump an A330 on JFK-FLL or something like that.

Delta may claim to have a hub at BOS, but let's be realistic. They are a distant 3rd in the BOS market and many travellers, even those who frequent BOS, would be surprised or even laugh at the notion that BOS is a DL hub. As far as DL having a fit, what are they going to do? Add some Endeavor Air or Compass RJ flights somewhere? To compete against B6 Mint? DL may not like it but there isn't much they can do -- B6, particularly in BOS and NYC, is the one airline they do not know how to compete against.

atcsundevil

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:11 am

Please keep the thread on topic. This doesn't need to devolve into another JetBlue vs. Delta war, nor is it necessary to resort to insults and personal attacks.

✈️ atcsundevil

Midwestindy

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:33 am

Looks like this will be where the future growth will come from...

Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

BAINY3

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:26 am

IPFreely wrote:
BAINY3 wrote:
Excellent news! We've been waiting for B6 for years, and with SY evidently turning into a ULCC this seems like a good time to add one of the "premium" LCCs to the route. This is technically hub-to-hub for DL, and DL will presumably have a fit but I'm not sure where or how. Maybe they'll retaliate on a B6 hub-to-hub route and dump an A330 on JFK-FLL or something like that.

Delta may claim to have a hub at BOS, but let's be realistic. They are a distant 3rd in the BOS market and many travellers, even those who frequent BOS, would be surprised or even laugh at the notion that BOS is a DL hub. As far as DL having a fit, what are they going to do? Add some Endeavor Air or Compass RJ flights somewhere? To compete against B6 Mint? DL may not like it but there isn't much they can do -- B6, particularly in BOS and NYC, is the one airline they do not know how to compete against.

I agree with your assessment of BOS, which is why I said "technically." There certainly are some "hub-to-hub" routes that are very lightly served, such as CVG-SEA for example. Nonetheless, Delta currently has a high market share on the MSP-BOS route and they will probably want to retaliate, but I'm unsure how they will go about doing it. Delta barely bats an eye whenever a ULCC like Spirit adds a daily flight on some route because it's such low-yielding competition. But B6 is #1 in BOS and certainly has some business traffic, which is the same traffic Delta is trying to land by calling BOS a hub and adding routes.

(In fact, DL is #2 at BOS by number of destinations. They are #3 by passengers since AA has has the shuttle and major trunk routes, while lots of DL's markets are not so heavily-trafficked.)

SteveXC500

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:37 pm

^^^^^
DL has a high market share. I'm honestly not sure I'm looking at the correct data, but for Q2, I'm finding they have 52%. Compared to other city pairs to/from MSP, that's not ideal, but I'm sure that is due to the amount of competition already being discussed on MSP-BOS.

izbtmnhd

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:50 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
evank516 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

STL, IND, CMH in that order if we are going by PDEW to BOS...

It would be interesting to see CMH, especially since they are yet another station that B6 would actually be "returning" to as opposed to starting new service. BNA and ATL are also such stations.

The feeling from some in the Ohio thread was that the B6 ship may have sailed when WN hopped on CMH-BOS, but if the passengers are there and B6 would be willing to go head-to-head with three other airlines (at least for now, depending on what SY does) on BOS-MSP, they might be able to handle two (DL, WN) to CMH.

I know MSP, STL, IND, CMH, and CVG (no particular order) were on that "20 largest markets we don't serve from BOS" slide from that B6 presentation a while back.

Wasn't the Skybus debacle during the period B6 was there? I think CMH would be more lucrative now without that mess.

As for CVG with so many ULCC "hubs" along with the DL hublet I wonder if B6 folks aren't seeing a yield that's worth entering there. I look at WN: They started CVG almost out of necessity and they haven't lit that place on fire like some were predicting early on.

It also means going to war, again, with DL on another hub-BOS route.

I could be very wrong but I see B6 looking at IND, CMH and STL ahead of CVG.

DeltaRules

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:23 pm

izbtmnhd wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
evank516 wrote:

Wasn't the Skybus debacle during the period B6 was there? I think CMH would be more lucrative now without that mess.

As for CVG with so many ULCC "hubs" along with the DL hublet I wonder if B6 folks aren't seeing a yield that's worth entering there. I look at WN: They started CVG almost out of necessity and they haven't lit that place on fire like some were predicting early on.

-B6 announced CMH-JFK/BOS in July 2006 and started both in October (around this time of month, actually) on E190s. It wasn't long after where something took the E190s out of service, causing the BOS flights to be run on A320s or (usually) ExpressJet ERJ-145s.
-Skybus started ops in May 2007 and had "competing" flights to CEF and PSE.
-B6 pulled out of CMH, BNA, and nearly PIT (I seem to remember reading that here) on the same day in early 2008 when the economy started to slide downhill fast; Skybus started CMH-SWF the following day to try and fill the void left by B6 to New York, only to cease operations themselves in April.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

izbtmnhd

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:48 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
izbtmnhd wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

-B6 announced CMH-JFK/BOS in July 2006 and started both in October (around this time of month, actually) on E190s. It wasn't long after where something took the E190s out of service, causing the BOS flights to be run on A320s or (usually) ExpressJet ERJ-145s.
-B6 pulled out of CMH, BNA, and nearly PIT (I seem to remember reading that here) on the same day in early 2008 when the economy started to slide downhill fast; Skybus started CMH-SWF the following day to try and fill the void left by B6 to New York, only to cease operations themselves in April.

Thanks for timeline, DeltaRules.

tphuang

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:07 pm

izbtmnhd wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
evank516 wrote:

Stl is wn fortress hub. I would guess cmh or mci this year and maybe one Latin America location.

izbtmnhd

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:48 pm

tphuang wrote:
izbtmnhd wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:

Stl is wn fortress hub. I would guess cmh or mci this year and maybe one Latin America location.

I know what STL is. Still see it ahead of CVG.

jetbluefan1

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Has anyone tried booking the new BOS-MSP flights on jetblue.com? I don't see MSP showing up on the drop-down list (using Chrome and IE).

izbtmnhd wrote:

I agree CVG may not be too attractive due to the abundance of ULCC service, but DL has no competition on CVG-BOS at the moment. B6 should be able to make CVG-BOS work, although I agree that there are other markets which may be ahead of CVG (including IND, CMH, STL, and perhaps even MKE and MCI).

DeltaRules wrote:

B6 never pulled out of PIT, but did end JFK-PIT around that time I believe. Interestingly enough, BOS-PIT is one of B6's most profitable markets (perhaps why DL is entering the market).

clrd4t8koff

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:17 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Tell you what, before we all get our panties in a bunch, lets examine MSP-BOS a few months after start up and see how its doing. It looks like at this point, B6 has taken over the proverbial title from DL of 'dartboard' airline of the decade. Because by the looks of things, BOS-ATL isn't doing all that great. I can buy $59 fares on a JetBlue flight from ATL-BOS for next week. Flights are completely wide open just about every day of the week, all flights. I guess its a win for non-revs and those looking for basement bargain fares.

Congrats for taking dumbest post of the thread title. There's nothing 'dartboard' about B6 launching BOS-MSP. Considering BOS is B6's second largest hub and MSP was the largest metro market in the US not served by B6 from BOS it was only a matter of time.

Your example of looking at one-way fares FROM Atlanta TO Boston on B6 and basing their success on that is such a joke. OF COURSE the fares are going to be $59 one-way for Atlanta point of sale fares when ATL is Delta country. Why don't you do your due diligence and look at the one-way fares for Boston TO Atlanta. They're 3x-4x that of ATL-BOS on the same day of the week (10/25). Furthermore the only $54 fares on ATL-BOS are on Wed & Thurs. All the rest of the days are $187 +. But of course you'd never admit to anything that doesn't paint a pretty picture for DL.

We know you love Delta, but please try to bring some value to a post rather than spewing nonsense.

SteveXC500

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:36 pm

jetbluefan1 wrote:
Has anyone tried booking the new BOS-MSP flights on jetblue.com? I don't see MSP showing up on the drop-down list (using Chrome and IE).

I used Chrome and could select MSP.

On another note, does anyone know the intervals by which Jet Blue extends their schedule? It is currently through 6/13/18. Similar to Southwest?

flymco753

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:21 pm

We’ll see how it works for MSP, because that’ll be 6 flights for Delta, 1 for NK and 1 for SY, than 3 for BOS, Delta though blew up service on DTW-BOS to 8x daily on mostly the Airbus and B6 up gauged the early flight. BOS was never a top 10 destination until shortly after B6 arrived. I’m still counting on B6 to do MCO-DTW now that F9 won’t be daily on it, leaving only 2 dedicated daily carriers.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

MIflyer12

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:51 pm

flymco753 wrote:
We’ll see how it works for MSP, because that’ll be 6 flights for Delta, 1 for NK and 1 for SY, than 3 for BOS, Delta though blew up service on DTW-BOS to 8x daily on mostly the Airbus and B6 up gauged the early flight. BOS was never a top 10 destination until shortly after B6 arrived.

The thing that surprises me is that DL is still 8x (on Monday, 10/23, anyway) DTW-BOS, with a mix of 717, 319, 320 and 738, even though fares are crap (for the airline) or great for a consumer. We'll see who has the staying power on MSP-BOS. I'm enthused for the price and product competition.

WNflyer1523

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:09 am

Hmmm.... Maybe they could be competing with Frontier's PVD-MSP service?

SteveXC500

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:12 am

Frontier will certainly lower fares vs. Delta and while PVD is a backup to BOS, 11 daily flights into BOS will not be impacted by F9.

Abeam79

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:55 am

clrd4t8koff wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

Congrats for taking dumbest post of the thread title. There's nothing 'dartboard' about B6 launching BOS-MSP. Considering BOS is B6's second largest hub and MSP was the largest metro market in the US not served by B6 from BOS it was only a matter of time.

Your example of looking at one-way fares FROM Atlanta TO Boston on B6 and basing their success on that is such a joke. OF COURSE the fares are going to be $59 one-way for Atlanta point of sale fares when ATL is Delta country. Why don't you do your due diligence and look at the one-way fares for Boston TO Atlanta. They're 3x-4x that of ATL-BOS on the same day of the week (10/25). Furthermore the only $54 fares on ATL-BOS are on Wed & Thurs. All the rest of the days are $187 +. But of course you'd never admit to anything that doesn't paint a pretty picture for DL.

We know you love Delta, but please try to bring some value to a post rather than spewing nonsense.

Wonderfully said clrd4t8off! On behalf of many Anetters..thanks! :bigthumbsup:

slcdeltarumd11

Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:11 am

This is absolutely necessary for the BOS frequent flyers and network.

Delta knows this was a network add for its home based FFs, B6 aint leaving no matter how low delta goes. Delta might fire a shot across the bow, but nothing too Incredible. Delta looses too when fares plummett and no chance B6 cancels the route anytime soon. They may go to 2x or a emb but leave no chance.

Remember b6 launching bos-atl people on here acted like delta was gonna go nuts, they didn't . B6 is the much stronger carrier in Boston.

flymco753

Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:12 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Remember b6 launching bos-atl people on here acted like delta was gonna go nuts, they didn't . B6 is the much stronger carrier in Boston.
DL did kind of go overboard doing the whole 321 on every flight on ATL-BOS.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

rj777

Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:17 am

I wonder if those dots that are "Not currently served" are on Jet Blue's shopping list. I sure hope so. Cause we've got Allegiant and Sun Country coming to MKE (or are already here in the case of Allegiant), so now we need to just get B6 in here and the D concourse will be hopping like it was when Midwest was there.

slcdeltarumd11

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:11 am

jumbojet wrote:

BOS-ATL is fine for B6.

JetBlue does not price like delta at all. Delta are the ones making less since b6 entered, JetBlue is fine route is doing quite well for them and their Bo's based frequent flyers are happy about the addition.

jetbluefan1

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:05 am

clrd4t8koff wrote:
jumbojet wrote:

:checkmark:

Thank you!

The DOT just came out with Q2 2017 airfare data. Here are the goods:

B6 commanded a $121 average fare and captured 30% of the market compared to DL's average fare of $185 and 48% market share. The market had an average of 2,926 daily passengers.

As a point of comparison, in Q2 2016, DL commanded an average fare of $252 and 60% market share, and the market had an average of 2,398 daily passengers.

The market grew by 22% as a result of B6's entrance, and DL's average fare decreased by 27%. The "JetBlue effect" in full action.

While the average B6 fare is low, it's not surprising given the low introductory fares B6 offers when it enters a new market. I suspect the Q3 average fare will be higher.

While I'm sure B6 isn't making a killing on BOS-ATL, the fact that walk-up fares start at $222 each way - and go up to $500+ - is a sign that the market is developing. I remember when B6 flew LGB/OAK-ATL, walk-up fares could be found as low as $79!

SteveXC500 wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:

I used Chrome and could select MSP.

On another note, does anyone know the intervals by which Jet Blue extends their schedule? It is currently through 6/13/18. Similar to Southwest?

Thanks, I see it now, although it seems to disappear from time to time. jetblue.com is temperamental when it comes to loading of new flights.

Schedule extensions usually happen every couple of months. Here's a handy resource: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue ... hread.html

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
This is absolutely necessary for the BOS frequent flyers and network.

Delta knows this was a network add for its home based FFs, B6 aint leaving no matter how low delta goes. Delta might fire a shot across the bow, but nothing too Incredible. Delta looses too when fares plummett and no chance B6 cancels the route anytime soon. They may go to 2x or a emb but leave no chance.

:checkmark:

It's certainly a requirement if B6 plans on continuing to capture BOS-based corporate contracts. B6 has built up a very loyal (and profitable) following in Boston, and I suspect the flights will do just fine.

flymco753 wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
DL did kind of go overboard doing the whole 321 on every flight on ATL-BOS.

True, although the local market was stimulated due to the drop in fares (see above), and I suspect DL needed the additional capacity.

DL also introduced a slew of new BOS flying over the past year, which was perhaps indirectly linked to B6's entrance to ATL.

tphuang

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:19 am

Also of note is that while markets like mci cmh stl are good to enter, they might have to wait if they don't by the end of 2020. London is the most important business market not served by b6 out of Boston. If they wish to get more exclusive corporate partners, they have to start flying there soon. So it might be a couple of years of just international new destinations.

jetbluefan1

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:53 pm

tphuang wrote:
Also of note is that while markets like mci cmh stl are good to enter, they might have to wait if they don't by the end of 2020. London is the most important business market not served by b6 out of Boston. If they wish to get more exclusive corporate partners, they have to start flying there soon. So it might be a couple of years of just international new destinations.

London would require the A321LR, which B6 would not be able to take delivery of until late 2019, so there is certainly a good chance that additional markets to be added in 2018 and 2019 will be domestic cities served from BOS. But I do agree that London is very important (although perhaps will become less relevant once Brexit occurs...Frankfurt appears to be the key beneficiary), and I would love to see B6 throw a Mint-configured bird on BOS-LHR.

Hopefully we find out more when B6 announces Q3 earnings on Tuesday. The fleet review should be complete soon -- although, I wonder if the recent drama re: Bombardier tariffs (and their subsequent partnership with Airbus) will further delay the outcome of the review.

SteveXC500

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 pm

I noticed this morning Delta dropped fares to $177 RT on MSP-BOS in May 2018. Response to B6? Granted, these are Basic Economy fares...but customers will bite on the price. Select May dates only.

jetbluefan1

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:35 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
I noticed this morning Delta dropped fares to $177 RT on MSP-BOS in May 2018. Response to B6? Granted, these are Basic Economy fares...but customers will bite on the price. Select May dates only.

Yes, this is the typical response when a competitor comes into the market - and DL is especially aggressive about this (for good reason).

Interestingly enough, there were no obvious retaliatory additions reflected in the most recent OAG thread.

SteveXC500

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:30 pm

jetbluefan1 wrote:
SteveXC500 wrote:

Yes, this is the typical response when a competitor comes into the market - and DL is especially aggressive about this (for good reason).

Interestingly enough, there were no obvious retaliatory additions reflected in the most recent OAG thread.

I know it’s a typical response but what seems strange is this is one route, not like B6 came in with four cities.

S0Y

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:21 am

DL have been totally creaming it on MSP-BOS forever. Finally they have competition.I can't wait for B6 to start

tphuang

Thu May 03, 2018 2:26 pm

Official release here about first day of service
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... %E2%80%99s

usflyer msp

Thu May 03, 2018 2:29 pm

Im flying them to BOS on Saturday. They are not making any money on my $84 RT flight but welcome to MSP B6.

boxeebox

Thu May 03, 2018 3:47 pm

Probably not. Introductory rates... check a few bags! help B6 out!

evank516

Thu May 03, 2018 3:52 pm

Best wishes to B6 in MSP! I hope they do well and eventually add JFK. The twin cities are very nice, and that Mall of America is something to write home about for sure. I was just there in February and I might have indulged in their Cookie Dough place called Do Do...so much and so good but felt so sick afterwards! Everybody throw your hats in the air now.

SteveXC500

Thu May 03, 2018 3:57 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
Im flying them to BOS on Saturday. They are not making any money on my $84 RT flight but welcome to MSP B6.

Lots of open seats the first RT...so I have seen on social media.

evank516

Thu May 03, 2018 3:59 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

To be expected. They have to build it up, but they'll fill up the planes. Many new routes have lower loads at the start.

tphuang

Thu May 03, 2018 5:14 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

These new flights especially into delta fortress hubs are tough. At least they have the potential to push sy off this route, which would give them more breathing room.

And I think those $84 rt fares are going to be quite routine going forward. Bos atl is only a little further out and the cheapest fares haven’t gone up at all since b6 entered. Great for consumers! Now I wish they can just start jfk so I can see some of these lower fares.

flymco753

Thu May 03, 2018 5:18 pm

tphuang wrote:
SteveXC500 wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

These new flights especially into delta fortress hubs are tough. At least they have the potential to push sy off this route, which would give them more breathing room.

And I think those $84 rt fares are going to be quite routine going forward. Bos atl is only a little further out and the cheapest fares haven’t gone up at all since b6 entered. Great for consumers! Now I wish they can just start jfk so I can see some of these lower fares.
Judging this, I don't think they'll do MSP-FLL in the future. MSP-Miami Area (FLL, PBI, MIA) is a total bloodbath right now, and if B6 is struggling to get DTW, ORD and CLE onboard with FLL, they won't do MSP-FLL yet. MSP-MCO is well over saturated, so any logical add would be MSP-JFK.

evank516

Thu May 03, 2018 6:18 pm

flymco753 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
SteveXC500 wrote:

Judging this, I don't think they'll do MSP-FLL in the future. MSP-Miami Area (FLL, PBI, MIA) is a total bloodbath right now, and if B6 is struggling to get DTW, ORD and CLE onboard with FLL, they won't do MSP-FLL yet. MSP-MCO is well over saturated, so any logical add would be MSP-JFK.

MSP-Florida will most definitely not happen. I think they're more business focused on their Midwestern routes.

usflyer msp

Thu May 03, 2018 8:00 pm

evank516 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
tphuang wrote:

MSP-Florida will most definitely not happen. I think they're more business focused on their Midwestern routes.

I think MSP-FLL is inevtiable. B6 will want to tap into the MSP-Caribbean and MSP-Latin America traffic - it is not low yield...

tphuang

Thu May 03, 2018 9:33 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
evank516 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

I think MSP-FLL is inevtiable. B6 will want to tap into the MSP-Caribbean and MSP-Latin America traffic - it is not low yield...

I think if they intend to grow fll as a Caribbean hub, then msp has to be added. It will compete for the msp to Caribbean traffic against aa at Mia and dl at atl as well as the o&d traffic. They do well on the slc fll route, so no reason that cant be replicated here. Mco won’t happen anytime soon.

klakzky123

Thu May 03, 2018 9:55 pm

tphuang wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
evank516 wrote:

I think if they intend to grow fll as a Caribbean hub, then msp has to be added. It will compete for the msp to Caribbean traffic against aa at Mia and dl at atl as well as the o&d traffic. They do well on the slc fll route, so no reason that cant be replicated here. Mco won’t happen anytime soon.

I find it hard to believe that B6 will add FLL until SY starts killing off its own Caribbean routes. MSP has a plethora of direct flights to the Caribbean between Delta and Sun Country. Every time SY adds a Caribbean destination, DL immediately matches. I think BOS is probably all we'll see in the short to medium term.

FlyHappy

Thu May 03, 2018 10:06 pm

tphuang wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

I'm not so sure MSP fliers are too interested in connecting flights to the Caribbean. The "non low yield" nature has led to a pretty high expectation of non-stop service to the most popular destinations. In fact, I'd say the non-stop nature of the flight drives the demand itself to a great extent.

tphuang

Thu May 03, 2018 10:49 pm

FlyHappy wrote:
tphuang wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

I'm not so sure MSP fliers are too interested in connecting flights to the Caribbean. The "non low yield" nature has led to a pretty high expectation of non-stop service to the most popular destinations. In fact, I'd say the non-stop nature of the flight drives the demand itself to a great extent.

I can’t speak for the unique nature of msp fliers, but I do know that fll offers a wide range of year round daily services to places that delta doesn’t even serve out of Atlanta in some cases.

And since the start of atl fll service, delta non stop fares have dropped out of Atlanta due to b6 pressure at fll. I find it hard to believe that people will avoid connection completely. Remember, low yield to delta still could be good yield for JetBlue.

MSPSXMFLIER

Thu May 03, 2018 11:11 pm

FlyHappy wrote:
tphuang wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

The best thing about flying SY out of MSP to the Caribbean are the nonstop flights. Most often on DL, I would have to stop in ATL. I have no idea what SY's new owners are thinking of in terms of Caribbean expansion, but I would definitely love to see a few more destinations served in that area.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos