av8orwalk
Topic Author

JetBlue taking over Marine Air Terminal in LGA

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:02 pm

A friend of mine who works at JetBlue said they received an email stating they will be relocating to the Marine Air Terminal in LGA in December. Delta will be moving out. They will be taking over as terminal operator and be renovating the check in areas to include self-tagging kiosks, food options, and another security checkpoint lane. Pretty exciting stuff! I'm assuming 6 gates is an increase in what they have now?

Wikipedia already has this updated. Someone is fast. LOL

Cheers!
av8orwalk
The safest place to be in an airplane crash is on the ground.

sxf24

Re: JetBlue taking over Marine Air Terminal in LGA

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08 pm

This is a great opportunity for B6 to continue offering a superior airport experience.

cosyr

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:12 pm

It is being discussed in a thread about AA consolidating in CTB, giving DL the gates they need to consolidate. B6 doesn't get MAT to themselves, NK and F9 are moving too, and more gates doesn't equal more slots.

airliner371

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 pm

cosyr wrote:
B6 doesn't get MAT to themselves, NK and F9 are moving too, and more gates doesn't equal more slots.

Is this part confirmed yet, because I've heard various different airline combinations, all including B6.

av8orwalk
Topic Author

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:30 pm

cosyr wrote:
It is being discussed in a thread about AA consolidating in CTB, giving DL the gates they need to consolidate. B6 doesn't get MAT to themselves, NK and F9 are moving too, and more gates doesn't equal more slots.

I was thinking more along the lines of breathing room, not necessarily more slots.
The safest place to be in an airplane crash is on the ground.

jetbluefan1

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:38 pm

av8orwalk wrote:
cosyr wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of breathing room, not necessarily more slots.

Breathing room is definitely helpful, especially given how crowded the CTB can be. I also think this will allow B6 to bring in the A321 (which doesn't fit at the current gates B6 uses), which carry 50 more passengers than the A320...so yeah, more room will be nice.

Also of note is that this will give B6 something of a competitive advantage on LGA-BOS - quicker access to Manhattan, and a much quicker taxi to the gate if landing on 22.

Super80Fan

Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:39 pm

cosyr wrote:

Unless you know something we don't, the only one confirmed going there is B6. The rest of the airlines going there are up in the air.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

ty97

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:03 pm

jetbluefan1 wrote:
av8orwalk wrote:
cosyr wrote:

Also of note is that this will give B6 something of a competitive advantage on LGA-BOS - quicker access to Manhattan, and a much quicker taxi to the gate if landing on 22.

I tend to assume this competitive advantage is oversold, since Delta seems to be willingly giving it up. Certainly, some shuttle passengers prefer the MAT location, but I'm not convinced it equates into much of an advantage.

stlgph

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:05 pm

Going to the Marine Terminal doesn't exactly equal "more breathing room."
The place gets tight now even just with Delta Shuttle flights just to Chicago and Washington. And a bad situation just gets worse when there are weather delays or cancellations.

If you have larger planes coming in, and they're all coming and going at the same time....zoiks.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

bluefltspecial

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:16 pm

av8orwalk wrote:

Uhhh, Have you ever been there when Delta has 6 E175 aircraft that seat 76 people? Those flights are rarely full (minus peak times 8am and 5pm) and the waiting area is still full.

I am an industry lover, and industry history lover, the Marine Air Terminal (MAT) is one of my favorite places on earth, The idea of all the famous people who flew through there, the start of flying boats, it’s all quite fascinating and glamorous. However, the MAT is a historical landmark, and there are certain restrictions on what can be done with it.

That being said, I’m almost scared to ask, but is there a plan to redo the terminal extension that was built out and operates their currently? If you’re going to bring in more flights with bigger aircraft, they are going to need more seats, and more than one restaurant pre security and more than a snack bar post security… but where would you put all this new stuff?

I think you all can see where I’m going with this...

Let's double the aircraft capacity, or almost triple it to from say 70 max pax per flight to say 200+ people per aircraft with a high config A321, then operate multiple flights per day. Oh, and lets make sure to plan on every flight leaving on time, so there is no bottleneck of too many passengers in a small area during a delay.

There was a time when I was flying through that terminal as many as 6-8 times per week, and I can assure you when the weather hits, and it will hit again, the MAT with weather and maintenance delays is not somewhere you could pay me to be.

sxf24 wrote:
This is a great opportunity for B6 to continue offering a superior airport experience.

See above.

Even with refurbishment, I don’t think that is going to be a “superior” experience by any means, at least not any time soon… and I am forever the optimist. The only thing I can think of is if the demolish the current operating structure (which I always assumed was a temporary one to begin with) and rebuild something worthy of the Marine Air Terminal.

While these are all "forward looking" expectations of airlines moving to the MAT, please remember this is just my .02 - I'd be happy to be proven wrong and see the MAT turned into something worthy of its original intent!
Save a horse, ride a Fly-boy....

stlgph

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Seeing as how jetBlue and Dunkin Donuts are in partnership with each other, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Dunkin somehow squeezed in post security at the MAT. Won't lie, I would definitely welcome this change.

And blueflts- nice to see we are in agreement. Thanks for flushing out my argument with more clarity. I will add this - when the weather comes in and the flights are cancelled across the board, the MAT definitely seems to be forgotten about by the taxis and the Ubers. Good luck getting out of there.

jumbojet

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:42 pm

ty97 wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
av8orwalk wrote:

I tend to assume this competitive advantage is oversold, since Delta seems to be willingly giving it up. Certainly, some shuttle passengers prefer the MAT location, but I'm not convinced it equates into much of an advantage.

Its only an advantage in the eyes of a JetBlue fan. Conversely speaking, and very convenient for JBF1 to leave out, when they take off from 31, B6 is at a huge disadvantage. goes both ways.

tphuang

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Imo, it's a big advantage if they are planning to do mostly shuttle flights here. Then it will be mostly business passengers looking to get in and get out quickly. It won't matter that there is not a lot of space here if everyone is getting in 45 minutes before the flight with no luggage. Get their bagel and coffee and fly out. Heck, they could even make it one free bagel for everyone if it's all going to be all shuttle flights.

So I would be shocked if they don't get in on lga dca in the next year. Move Mco flights to JFK.

Also for bad weather times. I can't remember the last time it really heavily rained. It's been that long. Let's not use that to detract how convenient mat is.

stlgph

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 pm

It takes 5 minutes for a rainstorm to completely knock out Laguardia for the rest of the day.
Try being there when it happens then come back and tell me MAT is convenient for you.

tphuang

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:16 pm

I have been there in terminal b and d when that happened and I can tell you I was miserable. And I can also tell you I would rather have 9 superior experience for 1 bad experience.

enilria

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:22 pm

This isn't surprising, but I can tell you this. I know B6 wants to turn this into a palace and I don't see how that works unless it's theirs alone.

jetbluefan1

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:26 pm

ty97 wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
av8orwalk wrote:

I think DL is more willing to give it up since it can (1) run a smoother operation with all flights consolidated in one terminal (or rather two terminals which are connected airside), now that AA is leaving and (2) connect passengers more easily over LGA (does DL currently sell ORD/DCA-LGA-XXX?).

jumbojet wrote:
ty97 wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:

Its only an advantage in the eyes of a JetBlue fan. Conversely speaking, and very convenient for JBF1 to leave out, when they take off from 31, B6 is at a huge disadvantage. goes both ways.

I didn't leave anything out. There is no disadvantage when departing. As discussed on the other thread, departures are unaffected by the location of the gate. DL flights to ORD and DCA don't get to cut the departure line just because the MAT is closer to the runway. But they do get to taxi into their gates more quickly upon landing.

Nice try though.

SamoNYC

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:32 pm

A challenge B6 customers will face at the MAT is that it is not served by the Q70 LaGuardia Link express bus that connects the other terminals to the subway in Jackson Heights, nor the M60 bus to Manhattan. For shuttle flyers on business accounts, a taxi to MAT is no issue, but for those trying to get there on the cheap, they will be at the mercy of the Q47 bus, which does not run as often as the Q70. Maybe some additional bus service is being negotiated as part of this. It was always curious to me why those buses skipped the MAT, unless it was felt the the shuttle customers would not care.

RogerMurdock

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 pm

SamoNYC wrote:
A challenge B6 customers will face at the MAT is that it is not served by the Q70 LaGuardia Link express bus that connects the other terminals to the subway in Jackson Heights, nor the M60 bus to Manhattan. For shuttle flyers on business accounts, a taxi to MAT is no issue, but for those trying to get there on the cheap, they will be at the mercy of the Q47 bus, which does not run as often as the Q70. Maybe some additional bus service is being negotiated as part of this. It was always curious to me why those buses skipped the MAT, unless it was felt the the shuttle customers would not care.

M60 used to stop there. Maybe they'll add the stop back because the new tenants serve a different market?

alberchico

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:39 pm

Please don't tell me they are going to gut and renovate this historic interior :(

short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

redzeppelin

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:47 pm

So I'm sensing a pattern... B6 is the primary tenant at LGB, with its historic terminal. B6 controls the historic TWA terminal at JFK. B6 is about to assume management of the historic MAT at LGA. These terminals are all classics. Does JetBlue leadership have some affinity for aviation history? Do they value preservation? Do they have brand equity invested in classic architecture and want their passengers to associate with them with the glamour of aviation in past decades? Are there any other classic aviation properties that they are invested in? Any that they should invest in? Hmm.... :scratchchin:

B6JFKH81

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:15 pm

redzeppelin wrote:
So I'm sensing a pattern... B6 is the primary tenant at LGB, with its historic terminal. B6 controls the historic TWA terminal at JFK. B6 is about to assume management of the historic MAT at LGA. These terminals are all classics. Does JetBlue leadership have some affinity for aviation history? Do they value preservation? Do they have brand equity invested in classic architecture and want their passengers to associate with them with the glamour of aviation in past decades? Are there any other classic aviation properties that they are invested in? Any that they should invest in? Hmm.... :scratchchin:

Their Service Center in Long Island City had aircraft production in it a long time ago:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brewste ... ng_(Queens)
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"

ty97

Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:19 pm

alberchico wrote:
Please don't tell me they are going to gut and renovate this historic interior :(

I'm pretty sure they can't, or there would be tons of approvals needed (which would be fought), as the terminal is a national historic landmark.

VirginFlyer

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:26 am

redzeppelin wrote:

A while ago I posted a thread https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1349383 which looked at the oldest terminal buildings still in use. Looking at pre-jet age ones, here's what might be relevant to JetBlue (thinking of the general area of their operations) from those:

• Burbank
  • Dublin (Original terminal which is currently used as offices)
  • LaGuardia (Marine Air Terminal)
  • Rio de Janiero Santos Dumont
  • São Paulo Congonhas
  • London Gatwick (Beehive building)
  • Long Beach
  • Paris Le Bourget
  • Washington National (original terminal)
  • Los Angeles (Hangar 1)
  • Santa Fe
  • New Orleans Lakefront
  • Santa Barbara
  • Detroit (Executive Terminal)
  • Stockholm Brooma
  • Copenhagen (Lauritzen terminal now used for VIP)
  • Boeing Field Seattle (original terminal)

Obviously they've already got Long Beach, and are getting LGA's MAT as per this thread. In addition they serve Burbank, Washington National, LAX and Detroit - out of those Washington National could be interesting to tie I. To the historic terminal?

Anyway this is a little off topic - maybe another thread is needed to discuss B6 and historic buildings?

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh

wjcandee

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:20 am

FWIW, and I know some are different, but I will always be willing to pay more to fly from the MAT. It's just a vastly-more-civilized experience. Now, for the last six months, unless one is flying at a seriously-shoulder time of day, fuggetabowdit you'd be nutz not to fly to and from the MAT.

WNflyer1523

Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:25 am

I heard Alaska Airlines will be joining them.

FARmd90

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:19 am

While the physical Marine Terminal couldn’t be demolished since it’s a national landmark. I wouldn’t expect much renovation to done in that part.

However, how likely or plossible could it be for B6 or the port authority to add a full length second level running the length of the main terminal on the MAT starting from the curb all the way to the last gate? This could provide a nice waiting area for people to wait for their flights and they then could head down stairs to board. It cold also provide plenty of new food options while keeping the lower level open mostly for departing or arrival passengers while everyone waits upstairs. It could also allow to move check in up stairs and arrivals on the lower level.

Frenchify

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:01 am

Remember, most of the service areas, security, and gate areas are in a building that is NOT part of the original Marine Air Terminal.

stlgph

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:03 am

tphuang wrote:
I have been there in terminal b and d when that happened and I can tell you I was miserable. And I can also tell you I would rather have 9 superior experience for 1 bad experience.

I'm not talking about Terminal B.
I'm talking about the Marine Air Terminal.

Big, huge, difference.

So no, then, right?

catiii

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:23 am

jumbojet wrote:
ty97 wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:

Laughable. DL is at the same disadvantage taking off on 4 or 13. And DL, including Ed himself whom we know you have a special affection(obsession?) for himself has said in the past that the MAT was a competitive advantage in LGA.

Your blind fixation on DL and hatred of B6 make your postings so transparent.

catiii

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 am

WNflyer1523 wrote:
I heard Alaska Airlines will be joining them.

Correct. They're getting gate 1 from what I hear.

VirginFlyer

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 am

stlgph wrote:
tphuang wrote:

I'm not talking about Terminal B.
I'm talking about the Marine Air Terminal.

Big, huge, difference.

So no, then, right?

I think you may have misunderstood his point; he was saying that in the conditions you described (presumably implying that they would make Terminal A less desirable), he has found terminals B and D miserable, and that on the sum of it he feels the better experience at Terminal A when things are going well outweighs the missrability when the weather is not cooperating.

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh

stlgph

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:46 am

Incorrect. I did not mistake anything.

VirginFlyer

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:11 am

stlgph wrote:
Incorrect. I did not mistake anything.

Ok, good for you. Perhaps you could explain your unmistaken understanding of tphuang's point then?

V/F

tphuang

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 am

This I find quite amusing.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/marine-air-terminal-new-york
https://www.yelp.com/biz/laguardia-airp ... t-elmhurst

The yelp review has MAT at 4.5 stars with almost universal praise compared to the low ratings at terminal B & C. And this is the first time I've heard weather delays as the reason to not fly out of MAT. I guess that settles it, one of us won't be flying out of there. Enjoy the walk to Uber stand or the 30 min wait at Taxi Q or the 15 min wait getting into departure area.

jfklganyc

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:10 am

cosyr wrote:

That is incorrect information.

Delta will take a net loss on gates.

NK and F9 move into the Delta complex. Big improvement.

B6 and AS to MAT. Big improvement.

AA to Terminal B. Awful facilities for now...but consolidated.

MAT is coveted now, but it will be far from new train, far from buses and old when everything else is new.

It does give B6 something priceless at LGA: excess gates, uncongested ramp space and their own terminal.

NYC-air

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:24 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
While the physical Marine Terminal couldn’t be demolished since it’s a national landmark. I wouldn’t expect much renovation to done in that part.

However, how likely or plossible could it be for B6 or the port authority to add a full length second level running the length of the main terminal on the MAT starting from the curb all the way to the last gate? This could provide a nice waiting area for people to wait for their flights and they then could head down stairs to board. It cold also provide plenty of new food options while keeping the lower level open mostly for departing or arrival passengers while everyone waits upstairs. It could also allow to move check in up stairs and arrivals on the lower level.

Anything is possible. Indeed, the most important thing will be for B6 to figure out how to provide modern concessions (two or three hip restaurants, etc). Delta really surprised me in turning the dump that was Terminal D into a pleasant space, so it's possible that B6 will be able to do something similar without a physical expansion. From my own memory of the space, however, I'd assume they'd need a few more square feet. That said, a small addition could go a long way.

stlgph

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:47 pm

tphuang wrote:

The yelp review has MAT at 4.5 stars with almost universal praise compared to the low ratings at terminal B & C. And this is the first time I've heard weather delays as the reason to not fly out of MAT. I guess that settles it, one of us won't be flying out of there. Enjoy the walk to Uber stand or the 30 min wait at Taxi Q or the 15 min wait getting into departure area.

I never stated weather delays as a reason to not fly out of the MAT. I wrote "good luck getting out of there," in the case of when it does happen.
When reading the postings here, let's stick to the text.

And reviews from Yelp as a bellwether? Wow, man, you got me there.

sudenmorsian

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 pm

wjcandee wrote:
FWIW, and I know some are different, but I will always be willing to pay more to fly from the MAT. It's just a vastly-more-civilized experience. Now, for the last six months, unless one is flying at a seriously-shoulder time of day, fuggetabowdit you'd be nutz not to fly to and from the MAT.

When ever I end up flying to/from Chicago, I always try to fly on DL first due to the convenience of the MAT; the lines are smaller and the walk to the parking lot in front of the building is practically non-existent. Unfortunately, DL usually not the cheapest option, but I do look forward to flying out of the MAT when I can.
HPN · NYC

VirginFlyer

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:23 pm

stlgph wrote:
tphuang wrote:

I never stated weather delays as a reason to not fly out of the MAT. I wrote "good luck getting out of there," in the case of when it does happen.

Mea culpa: in reading your post talking about five minutes of rain, I had skimmed over your previous post which explained what you were getting at:
stlgph wrote:
I will add this - when the weather comes in and the flights are cancelled across the board, the MAT definitely seems to be forgotten about by the taxis and the Ubers. Good luck getting out of there.

I guess the question is how often is this an issue, and does it outweigh the otherwise convenient aspects of Terminal A? My only experiences at LGA were terminals C & D, so I'm intrigued to know - as an out-of-towner with an interest in aviation, I'm definitely keen to pass through the other terminals to better understand what they are all about.

V/F

tphuang

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:41 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
stlgph wrote:
tphuang wrote:

Mea culpa: in reading your post talking about five minutes of rain, I had skimmed over your previous post which explained what you were getting at:
stlgph wrote:
I will add this - when the weather comes in and the flights are cancelled across the board, the MAT definitely seems to be forgotten about by the taxis and the Ubers. Good luck getting out of there.

I guess the question is how often is this an issue, and does it outweigh the otherwise convenient aspects of Terminal A? My only experiences at LGA were terminals C & D, so I'm intrigued to know - as an out-of-towner with an interest in aviation, I'm definitely keen to pass through the other terminals to better understand what they are all about.

V/F

I can't comment on taxis, but I would find hard to believe that ride sharing apps would ignore certain parts of queens because it's raining outside.

There is q47 and airport terminal buses that should run regardless.

jetbluefan1

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:18 am

tphuang wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
stlgph wrote:

stlgph wrote:

V/F

I can't comment on taxis, but I would find hard to believe that ride sharing apps would ignore certain parts of queens because it's raining outside.

Also keep in mind that ride sharing services at LGA CTB are relegated to a specific lot - they are not allowed to pick passengers up directly at the terminal.

https://www.uber.com/airports/lga/
https://www.lyft.com/airports/lga

It seems this applies only to the CTB, so I would assume that you can get picked up directly in front of the MAT rain or shine.

twaconnie

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Is this move to the MAT temporary on till the new terminal is ready?

jfklganyc

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:06 pm

It's for 5 years...which in avaition is a lifetime.

My bet, you never see B6 leave the MAT

stlgph

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:17 pm

tphuang wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
stlgph wrote:

stlgph wrote:

V/F

Been at the MAT 3 times when the airport was wiped clean of flights because of rain. Took 2 hours and 20 minutes the first time, 2 hours and 55 minutes the second time, because no one could get to the MAT because of the traffic slow coming out of Terminal B & C & D. The third ...didn't even bother and couldn't even locate a car. Walked over to Singlecut Brewery and had myself a good time while drying off. So, again, try being crammed in there for 3 hours with a ton of people with limited facilities, limited place to go, and fighting for transportation. Of course, since this has never happened to you, and it has happened to me 3 times, please continue to post away telling me I'm stupid. You might just win the internet.

CobaltScar

Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 pm

This should be a good thing for the brand.

jetbluefan1

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:26 pm

I live in Astoria and decided to go for a run to the MAT this morning. That place is....interesting. The "rotunda" entrance (pic posted earlier in this thread) is pretty awesome and I love the blast from the past. The exhibits of the boat planes are fantastic for any av geek and brought a huge smile to my face.

The Yankee Clipper restaurant looks like underutilized space in its current form. That space could be transformed into a much nicer restaurant/bar - or perhaps be utilized for check-in space. There was another room being utilized for what seemed to be a charter or private jet service - are they expected to remain there?

I noticed there was virtually zero DL marketing in the room - it was empty. No kiosks, no employees - nothing. I assume B6 will utilize this space somehow, because the current DL check-in area is basically just a small room, and it's hard to see how B6 is going to funnel passengers checking in for full flights to Florida (and 2/3 full flights to Boston) using the current setup.

Obviously I didn't go past security, but from the outside it looks essentially like a trailer, and is very small. Would it be possible for B6 to (1) move the security checkpoint forward, such that the current check-in space becomes a post-security area (thus increasing concession and seating area), and (2) use the rotunda as the check-in hall?

jfklganyc wrote:

:checkmark:

Agree with you here. B6 seemingly likes to have control over all as many aspects of the travel experience as possible, and having its own dedicated terminal at LGA (with AS a resident, which I don't think they'll particularly mind) fits right into its brand as NY's hometown airline.

My understanding is that the new LGA terminals will be all CUTE gates, except for DL's terminal. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

stlgph wrote:
tphuang wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:

V/F

Been at the MAT 3 times when the airport was wiped clean of flights because of rain. Took 2 hours and 20 minutes the first time, 2 hours and 55 minutes the second time, because no one could get to the MAT because of the traffic slow coming out of Terminal B & C & D. The third ...didn't even bother and couldn't even locate a car. Walked over to Singlecut Brewery and had myself a good time while drying off. So, again, try being crammed in there for 3 hours with a ton of people with limited facilities, limited place to go, and fighting for transportation. Of course, since this has never happened to you, and it has happened to me 3 times, please continue to post away telling me I'm stupid. You might just win the internet.

At that point you might as well have walked to the Ditmars N/W station ;)

For the record I didn't see anything that tphuang wrote to imply you are stupid. You both made some valid points. I hope we can all remain civil and just appreciate each other's love for aviation.

CobaltScar wrote:
This should be a good thing for the brand.

If executed correctly, then it should be. JetBlue generally does these things well (look how well T5 turned out), so I have high expectations. But there are certainly challenges - particularly (1) the size of the space, along with the restrictions regarding its landmark status, and (2) potential transportation issues due to its disconnection from the main terminal area, as highlighted by others on this thread.

flyby519

Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:39 am

jfklganyc wrote:

Absolutely agree with this, and if they do leave in 2022 it will be temporary for a complete renovation of the MAT.

INFINITI329

Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:09 am

So does WN get the entire B concourse then?

NYPECO

Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:14 am

Why is the terminal called that?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos