Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TerminalD
Topic Author

Passengers "Who Just Met", Join Mile High Club, Get Arrested on DL

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:10 pm

I love how the focus is that they "just met". Shaming???? LOL

"A man, 28, and woman, 48, who had just met, were caught committing a ### act in their seats on a Delta flight Sunday from Los Angeles to Detroit, WDIV-TV (Channel 4) reports."

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... 816307001/

MileHFL400

Re: Passengers "Who Just Met", Join Mile High Club, Get Arrested on DL

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:12 pm

TerminalD wrote:

"A man, 28, and woman, 48, who had just met, were caught committing a ### act in their seats on a Delta flight Sunday from Los Angeles to Detroit, WDIV-TV (Channel 4) reports."

indecent act, yes. FBI investigation though? Really?
Thanks and best Regards
AA

Yflyer

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:21 pm

MileHFL400 wrote:
FBI investigation though? Really?

It sounds like there's some technicality that makes it a federal crime because it happened on board an aircraft.

chepos

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:31 pm

Does this makes them sex offenders? If so, oh boy are they going to regret this decision.
Fly the Flag!!!!

zrs70

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:35 pm

Hmm - that may have been the flight I was on. News says it was Sunday night. I was on the red-eye that night. But didn’t notice anything.
20 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2020

aemoreira1981

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:48 pm

Still better than joining the 410 Club.

AAvgeek744

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:51 pm

Love at first flight???

PI4EVER

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:53 pm

They were obviously seated in DL Comfort Plus.......
watch what you want. you may get it.

Devilfish

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:06 pm

Aren't big, wild cats prohibited on board commercial jetliner flights :confused:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield

fraspotter

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:16 pm

TerminalD wrote:

Really? Is the word "sex" really so vulgar that "###" has to be used in it's place?
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

Revelation

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:24 pm

fraspotter wrote:
Really? Is the word "sex" really so vulgar that "###" has to be used in it's place?

Depends on who's involved! :biggrin:
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

klm617

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:35 pm

Yflyer wrote:
MileHFL400 wrote:

It sounds like there's some technicality that makes it a federal crime because it happened on board an aircraft.

They waste time on stuff like this instead of chasing real threats.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

petertenthije

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:55 pm

zrs70 wrote:
I was on the red-eye that night.
Now you really know why they call it a red-eye flight. ;-)
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989

11725Flyer

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:03 pm

zrs70 wrote:
Hmm - that may have been the flight I was on. News says it was Sunday night. I was on the red-eye that night. But didn’t notice anything.

I suspected it was a red-eye when I read the article. Now you know what caused the "turbulence."

Yflyer

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:07 pm

klm617 wrote:

Well since it's apparently a federal crime who else would investigate it? I think some people are reading too much into the word "investigation" here. I would imagine in this case the investigation consists of a single agent taking some routine statements from witnesses, the same as any other law enforcement agency would do. If no one does that then there won't be any evidence to prosecute them with.

kcrwflyer

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:22 pm

Devilfish wrote:
Aren't big, wild cats prohibited on board commercial jetliner flights :confused:

Maybe cougars can be emotional support animals? I doubt it specifically says they can't be.

enilria

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:05 am

Revelation wrote:
fraspotter wrote:

Depends on who's involved! :biggrin:

I posted a similar word in another thread and they pulled the thread because of it.

klm617 wrote:
Yflyer wrote:
MileHFL400 wrote:

Yes, amazing the FBI has the time to pursue a woman wetting a man's whistle...and the man too presumably.
11725Flyer wrote:
zrs70 wrote:

I suspected it was a red-eye when I read the article. Now you know what caused the "turbulence."

...don't come a knocking?
kcrwflyer wrote:
Devilfish wrote:

Maybe cougars can be emotional support animals? I doubt it specifically says they can't be.

Sometimes said animals go wild in the cabin and make quite a mess.

lightsaber

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:06 am

kcrwflyer wrote:

:ROTFL:

You win the internet.

From now on, in every emotional support animal thread, I'm making couger jokes. Hmmm...

You might have a couger as an emotional support animal,
... If you date your own age.
.... If you have that 4th free beer
.... If you don't look before they turn off the cabin lights

Lightsaber
I cannot wait to get vaccinated to live again! Warning: I simulated that it takes 50%+ vaccinated to protect the vaccinated and 75%+ vaccinated to protect the vac-hesitant.

flyingclrs727

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:39 am

Delta is ready when you are.

Dominion301

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:44 am

fraspotter wrote:
TerminalD wrote:

Well that’s America for you. It’s a crime to make whoopee out in the open yet in many states you can walk around with real weapons that can take multiple lives in a matter of seconds legally, as opposed to the non-lethal weapons used in this “crime”. Just give them a small fine, get them to apologize and be done with it. Anything more than that is a colossal waste of time and money that is way more wasteful than the worst EAS subsidies folks lament about on here.

77H

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:16 am

Dominion301 wrote:
fraspotter wrote:
TerminalD wrote:

Well that’s America for you. It’s a crime to make whoopee out in the open yet in many states you can walk around with real weapons that can take multiple lives in a matter of seconds legally, as opposed to the non-lethal weapons used in this “crime”. Just give them a small fine, get them to apologize and be done with it. Anything more than that is a colossal waste of time and money that is way more wasteful than the worst EAS subsidies folks lament about on here.

^^^ I wish Airliners had a like button. There is not much more to say beyond your statement.

However... since I have to post anyways to show I agree with you... I'll play devils advocate.

The FBI is likely involved because airplanes aren't in a state's jurisdiction unless its parked on the ground in that state. Any "crime" committed in the air would be in federal airspace and aviation is federally regulated. The state or local prosecutors at destination would have a harder time pressing charges as the "crime" may not have happened in their jurisdiction.

As far as the seriousness of this crime, again, playing devils advocate. Imagine a young child on their way to the lav happened across these two? At least go into a lav to do that sort of thing where there is a semblance of privacy. Or get a hotel at destination. Nothing says the love affair needed to end at touch down.

77H

BoeingVista

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:34 am

kcrwflyer wrote:
Devilfish wrote:

She certainly seems to have been providing emotional support so this checks out.
BV

PatrickZ80

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:41 am

Didn't they at least have the decency to go to the toilet to have sex? I mean, I'm not against sex at all and if they want to do it who am I to oppose. But to do it in the cabin where everyone is watching is perhaps not such a good idea.

I've met some very interesting girls on flights myself who I would have liked to have done, but that never happened.

smokeybandit

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:45 am

Well, his seat back was surely in the upright position at least

smokeybandit

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:56 am

Dominion301 wrote:
fraspotter wrote:
TerminalD wrote:

Apples <----------------------------> Oranges

asdf

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:58 am

article follow up:
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/m ... 818020001/

so their behaevior was "not a se*ual relation" (copyright by praesid. bill clinton)
so nothing can happen to them..
;-)
Last edited by asdf on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

SheikhDjibouti

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:17 am

fraspotter wrote:

enilria wrote:
I posted a similar word in another thread and they pulled the thread because of it.

A similar word?
Was it the story about like the sax player who had sex six times with his socks on? That sucks! :stirthepot:

ps I should get a bonus prize for the fact they are in alphabetical order.
Nothing to see here; move along please.

Revelation

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:28 am

lightsaber wrote:
You might have a couger as an emotional support animal,
... If you date your own age.
.... If you have that 4th free beer
.... If you don't look before they turn off the cabin lights

It has to be six beers, because as we all know, a four plus a six is a ten! :biggrin:

flyingclrs727 wrote:
Delta is ready when you are.

Maybe they'll have to add some condom instructions to the end of the seat belt instructions?

asdf wrote:
article follow up:

so their behaevior was "not a se*ual relation" (copyright by praesid. bill clinton)
;-)

"I did NOT have s*x with that woman!" -- nice! :bigthumbsup:

Dominion301

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:28 pm

77H wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
fraspotter wrote:

^^^ I wish Airliners had a like button. There is not much more to say beyond your statement.

However... since I have to post anyways to show I agree with you... I'll play devils advocate.

The FBI is likely involved because airplanes aren't in a state's jurisdiction unless its parked on the ground in that state. Any "crime" committed in the air would be in federal airspace and aviation is federally regulated. The state or local prosecutors at destination would have a harder time pressing charges as the "crime" may not have happened in their jurisdiction.

As far as the seriousness of this crime, again, playing devils advocate. Imagine a young child on their way to the lav happened across these two? At least go into a lav to do that sort of thing where there is a semblance of privacy. Or get a hotel at destination. Nothing says the love affair needed to end at touch down.

77H

I too wish I could hit a like button for your post. Here's some reverse devil's advocate. We'll gladly let our kids watch violent acts on tv on a daily basis. A sexual act though...oh my! :gasp: Yeah it makes total sense as to why it's the FBI 'investigating' given the alleged event took place up in the clouds.

Was what the couple did inappropriate for the situation? Absolutely! Does it warrant incarceration of individuals? Utter nonsense. Mind you there's more incarcerated people in the US than anywhere else on earth and prisons are a very lucrative "business" in the US.

I'm guessing this couple's encounter wouldn't have been an issue had they flown on the airline that let's you "Come Fly the Friendly Skies" (emphasis on come). :mrgreen:

RDUDDJI

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Well, if it was a DL 739...the lavs are way too small to have sex in, so this was bound to happen!

Dominion301 wrote:

Well that’s America for you. It’s a crime to make whoopee out in the open yet in many states you can walk around with real weapons that can take multiple lives in a matter of seconds legally, as opposed to the non-lethal weapons used in this “crime”.

Yes, you are allowed to have (and walk around with) knives, bats, etc. in the US. You're even allowed to drive trucks. Then again, I don't know anywhere this is expressly illegal. I know that's not what you're referring to, but I'd argue a large truck is just as, if not more, dangerous than a gun. However, I have no idea what any of this has to do with two peeps getting it on in flight.
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

georgiaame

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:52 pm

First, it's disgusting, if only for the mess left behind on the seats that someone has to sit on. Now, that said, I am no fan of Saudi Arabia or its national airline, but occasionally they can teach us westerners valuable lessons. One has to wonder how this would have been treated on a Saudia flight from the US to Saudi Arabia. Just not too vividly.
"Trust, but verify!" An old Russian proverb, quoted often by a modern American hero

asdf

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:03 pm

would ryanair possibly have charged the audience for the show ...?
;-)

Slash787

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:12 pm

asdf wrote:
;-)

Most prob. yeah, nothing is for free on Ryan Air

MD88CLE

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:40 pm

RDUDDJI wrote:
Well, if it was a DL 739...the lavs are way too small to have sex in, so this was bound to happen!

Even if they could, they maybe they thought they would be less likely to be caught in their seats than into a lav due to the proximity of FAs in the galleys and the possibility of people waiting for a lav.

SheikhDjibouti

Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:52 pm

RDUDDJI wrote:
Yes, you are allowed to have (and walk around with) knives, bats, etc. in the US. Then again, I don't know anywhere this is expressly illegal.

Wikipedia wrote:
The United Kingdom (to include England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland) has one of the most comprehensive set of laws of any developed nation restricting the right to import, purchase, possess, sell, and carry knives

The Criminal Justice Act 1988 mainly relates to carrying knives in public places, Section 139 being the most important
139;(2) .....this section applies to any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed.
139;(3) This section applies to a folding pocketknife if the cutting edge of its blade exceeds 3 inches.
139;(4) It shall be a defence for a person charged with an offence under this section to prove that he had good reason or lawful authority for having the article with him in a public place.

One interpretation of section 4 is that a chef giving a public cooking demonstration might have a very sharp & long bladed knife and be exempt.
Carrying a large knife because you are wandering through a rough neighbourhood late at night is NOT an adequate defence.

Whilst knives are specifically identified in this Act, British Police will also take action against anybody carrying other offensive weapons, such as bats.
(apologies for continuing off-topic)
Nothing to see here; move along please.

toxtethogrady

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:00 pm

MileHFL400 wrote:
TerminalD wrote:

That's probably why the FBI decided not to pursue charges. No threat to airline safety involved in a blowjob...

incitatus

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:05 pm

RDUDDJI wrote:
(...) I know that's not what you're referring to, but I'd argue a large truck is just as, if not more, dangerous than a gun. (...)

I am not particularly anti-gun but you are breaking new ground with this argument.

Aircraft should be banned. Don't we all know about 9-11? They killed almost 3,000 people.
I do not consume Murdoch products including the Wall Street Journal

Revelation

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:11 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
I too wish I could hit a like button for your post. Here's some reverse devil's advocate. We'll gladly let our kids watch violent acts on tv on a daily basis. A sexual act though...oh my! :gasp:

Lots of contradictions in the US. Lots of concern about fetuses before they are born, but after, they're on their own.

georgiaame wrote:
First, it's disgusting, if only for the mess left behind on the seats that someone has to sit on.

New rule: you can only provide a BJ on an airplane if you swallow...

cerealspiller wrote:
The poor schmuck stuck in the middle seat might have a different opinion on the whole sordid affair :-)

OK, you win! :biggrin:

asdf

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:20 pm

toxtethogrady wrote:
MileHFL400 wrote:
TerminalD wrote:

That's probably why the FBI decided not to pursue charges. No threat to airline safety involved in a blowjob...

well, depends on the seating row ....

but row two and behind should not be an issue usually ...

ACCS300

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:45 pm

[/quote]Well that’s America for you. It’s a crime to make whoopee out in the open yet in many states you can walk around with real weapons that can take multiple lives in a matter of seconds legally, as opposed to the non-lethal weapons used in this “crime”. Just give them a small fine, get them to apologize and be done with it. Anything more than that is a colossal waste of time and money that is way more wasteful than the worst EAS subsidies folks lament about on here.[/quote]

HUGE LIKE.. a country of absolute hypocrisy!

TerminalD
Topic Author

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:59 pm

Slash787 wrote:
asdf wrote:
;-)

Most prob. yeah, nothing is for free on Ryan Air

Maybe Delta is trying out a version of this?
http://mashable.com/2017/09/18/live-the ... 1GSwOuzmqb

asdf wrote:
article follow up:

;-)

"That's the likely outcome of an airplane s#x case unfolding in Detroit, where the FBI ticketed a man and a woman over the weekend after they were caught in a s#x act while in their seats aboard a Delta flight."
The FBI issues tickets now? Please pay $1100 or you can sign the back, pay 1/2, and go watch a video on STDs.

fraspotter

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:12 pm

Revelation wrote:
georgiaame wrote:
First, it's disgusting, if only for the mess left behind on the seats that someone has to sit on.

New rule: you can only provide a BJ on an airplane if you swallow...

Was about to say the same thing! :lol:
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

Super80Fan

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:17 pm

I'm sorry, was there a crime that was committed? If so, who/what were the victims, and the answer can't be "society".
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

Revelation

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
I'm sorry, was there a crime that was committed? If so, who/what were the victims, and the answer can't be "society".

Everyone who didn't get a BJ from the cougar? :scratchchin:

Varsity1

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:22 pm

ACCS300 wrote:
Well that’s America for you. It’s a crime to make whoopee out in the open yet in many states you can walk around with real weapons that can take multiple lives in a matter of seconds legally, as opposed to the non-lethal weapons used in this “crime”. Just give them a small fine, get them to apologize and be done with it. Anything more than that is a colossal waste of time and money that is way more wasteful than the worst EAS subsidies folks lament about on here.[/quote]

HUGE LIKE.. a country of absolute hypocrisy![/quote]

Who cares.

Don't like it, don't visit.

questions

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Totally inappropriate!

However, I am curious... hotties or trailer park trash?

RDUDDJI

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:27 pm

incitatus wrote:
RDUDDJI wrote:
(...) I know that's not what you're referring to, but I'd argue a large truck is just as, if not more, dangerous than a gun. (...)

I am not particularly anti-gun but you are breaking new ground with this argument.

Aircraft should be banned. Don't we all know about 9-11? They killed almost 3,000 people.

So should fatty foods. Heart disease kills millions more than all of the above mentioned things above. My point is, it's ignorant to think that banning this or that actually stops people hell bent on harming others. They'll find other ways. That's why we have...wait for it...wait for it...laws against harming others.
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

evank516

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:35 pm

smokeybandit wrote:

Something was in the upright position for sure. Whether it was his seat, I don't know :rotfl:

By the way, whomever said "make whoopie" I want to buy you a drink just for saying that.

evank516

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:37 pm

evank516 wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:

Something was in the upright position for sure. Whether it was his seat, I don't know :rotfl:

By the way, whomever said "make whoopee" I want to buy you a drink just for saying that.

BobbyPSP

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Not cool doing it at their seats. Sorry. I'm very open minded...go to the lav.

However, I thought most of these mile high things dont become federal cases. What happened this time

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos