Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
OB1504
Topic Author
Posts: 3982
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Spirit Airlines repaint progress discussion thread

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:59 am

It's been two years since the last Spirit repaint thread, so let's take a look at the progress made. Spirit currently the only airline in North America with three distinct liveries flying around.



Airbus A319 (8/31) 26%
N502NK
N503NK
N504NK
N505NK
N506NK
N534NK
N535NK
N536NK



Airbus A320 (15/48) 31%
N601NK
N605NK
N607NK
N609NK
N611NK
N612NK
N641NK
N642NK
N643NK
N644NK
N645NK
N646NK
N647NK
N648NK
N649NK



Airbus A320neo (5/5) 100%
N901NK
N902NK
N903NK
N904NK
N905NK



Airbus A321 (21/22) 95%
N657NK
N658NK
N659NK
N660NK
N661NK
N662NK
N663NK
N664NK
N665NK
N667NK
N668NK
N669NK
N670NK
N671NK
N672NK
N673NK
N674NK
N675NK
N676NK
N677NK
N678NK
N679NK

Some notes:

  • 20 aircraft remain in the original 2004 pixel livery: A319s N507NK-N510NK, N512NK, N514NK, N516NK, N517NK, N522NK-N532NK, and A321 N588NK.
  • A319s N515NK, N519NK, and N521NK left the fleet for several years before rejoining it in 2013 and were repainted in a nonstandard version of the 2007 four-color livery which omits the "spirit.com" titles on the rear fuselage
  • All aircraft in the 2004 pixel livery, A319 N533NK, and A320s N602NK, N603NK, N604NK, and N606NK have "spiritair.com" titles because they were originally painted before the website changed to spirit.com midway through 2011.
  • A320s from N618NK onward have sharklets, and all A321s except for N588NK have sharklets.
  • A320s from N641NK onward and all A321s except for N588NK were delivered in the 2014 yellow livery.
  • A319s N535NK and N536NK are the only aircraft in the fleet that were not originally delivered new.

In the previous thread, it was mentioned that the A320s from aircraft N642NK onward and A321s from aircraft N657NK onward were being delivered with the new Arco Series 3 seat, with no word on whether the original seats the older A320s were delivered with would be replaced. I flew on N621NK several weeks ago and noticed that the aircraft type was listed as "32A", and once on board it had the Space-Flex galley/lavatory, two rows of Big Front Seats, and the last three rows were the new seats.

Are all of the A320s standardized to this configuration? If 621 was a retrofit, it would explain the two different seat types. The Spirit website currently shows 3 A320 configurations:

  1. A320 Regular Cabin - 178 seats: 4 Big Front Seats and 174 Deluxe Leather seats
  2. A320 Spaceflex - 178 seats: 4 Big Front Seats and 174 Deluxe Leather seats
  3. A320 Spaceflex (32A) - 182 seats: 8 Big Front Seats and 174 Deluxe Leather seats

Which aircraft have which configurations? Wouldn't the 178-seat Space-Flex configuration have more space between standard rows due to the relocation of the rear lavs?

Also, were the A319s and A321 N588NK ever reconfigured from what they were originally delivered with in 2005-2007 before Spirit transitioned to a ULCC? I believe that they were delivered with standard gray reclining seats at 31" pitch, and these seats were still present on the airplanes as late as 2012. I have no idea what seats are currently on board these aircraft, but the earlier thread stated that the A319s would be receiving new seats from Aviointeriors. Would a difference in seat pitch explain why Spirit decided to go with two different vendors for their seats? What's the status on the A319 retrofits?
Last edited by SQ22 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title updated
 
User avatar
ikolkyo
Posts: 2994
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:13 am

N588NK is currently undergoing fleet exit prep to be delivered to Ural Airways.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8633
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:19 am

Anyone know what date the last aircraft was REpainted?

I'm curious if they even ARE repainting...or are they just taking new deliveries with a newer livery.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
MesaFlyGuy
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:29 am

For the A320s you can add:

N602NK
N603NK
N604NK
N606NK
N613NK
N614NK (in Roswell currently)
N615NK
N619NK

All having been done in the last two months.

As for the separate A320 configurations, you are correct in that every aircraft from and including 642 has been delivered with the new seats. Also, many A320s have been refitted with the space-flex galley and had extra rows added, with the first 28 rows being their original seats (barring the new row of Big Front Seats) and then rows 29-31 being the new Acro seats. Off the top of my head, the following aircraft have the mixed 182-seat interior:

602, 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608 (in BQN getting retrofitted as we speak), 613, 614 (being done in ROW now while getting repainted), 615, 616, 617, 619, most of the 620’s, 633, 635, 636, 637, 638, 639, 640.

They are currently repainting aircraft in Roswell, NM while doing the cabin retrofitting there as well. Up until about ten days ago, they had two lines running and each aircraft took about 11-12 days to return to service. Currently they only have one line in ROW going, but they also seem to be back up and running with the refits in BQN, so two aircraft (608 and 614) are still being refitted at a time. They seem to have gotten aggresive over this slower fall season with the repaints, as the last one to be painted (N612NK) was completed in December of 2016. Now in the last two months alone they’ve completed 9 aircraft.
Last edited by MesaFlyGuy on Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.
 
MesaFlyGuy
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:30 am

Also, in response to the OP, there were never any A320s painted in the grey pixel livery. They were only ever white or yellow. :)
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.
 
lavalampluva
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:07 am

Haven't they been dividing paint jobs between ROW and RME?
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.
 
71Zulu
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:42 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:18 am

So what the new livery? (can't see on my phone)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:00 am

71Zulu wrote:
So what the new livery? (can't see on my phone)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk


The new livery is the Taxi cab livery. It's the yellow livery with the black Spirit logo in the middle of the fuselage.
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
71Zulu
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:42 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:13 am

Narfish641 wrote:
71Zulu wrote:
So what the new livery? (can't see on my phone)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk


The new livery is the Taxi cab livery. It's the yellow livery with the black Spirit logo in the middle of the fuselage.


Got it, thanks. Taxicab lol. :DImage

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
 
MesserJ
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:09 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:03 am

It would've looked better if they just put the S logo back on the tail in black instead of rotating and cramming the wordmark in there.
 
User avatar
Narfish641
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:03 am

71Zulu wrote:
Narfish641 wrote:
71Zulu wrote:
So what the new livery? (can't see on my phone)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk


The new livery is the Taxi cab livery. It's the yellow livery with the black Spirit logo in the middle of the fuselage.


Got it, thanks. Taxicab lol. :DImage

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk


No prob lol. That's what a lot of people been calling it XD
Flew on:
SWA 737 738
 
MesaFlyGuy
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:11 pm

lavalampluva wrote:
Haven't they been dividing paint jobs between ROW and RME?

They stopped repainting in RME last year IIRC. I heard that there were a lot of quality issues with the planes being done at RME.
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.
 
jonair8
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:10 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:28 pm

OB1504 wrote:
Also, were the A319s and A321 N588NK ever reconfigured from what they were originally delivered with in 2005-2007 before Spirit transitioned to a ULCC? I believe that they were delivered with standard gray reclining seats at 31" pitch, and these seats were still present on the airplanes as late as 2012.


I flew on N587NK this spring, which has already been returned to the lessor. This plane was in the gray pixel livery, with a white nose cone, and a blue engine cowling on the no. 2 engine from the blue and euro white colors. The interior that was in 587 had the same seats as they were delivered with, but they were reupholstered dark blue to be in line with the rest of the fleet. However, seat pitch was a very tight 28" and the Spirit logo on the clear plastic bulkhead wall was the old logo. 588 and all of the rest of the gray pixel liveried A321s are the same inside and outside, since they are/were scheduled to be retired. When I flew on it, I was wondering why there was no effort in these planes being updated, and now I know why!
 
User avatar
fraspotter
Posts: 2266
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 8:12 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:49 pm

Anybody with an update? Seems like the 2 A319s that RIC gets to MCO and FLL are the 2004 pixel livery 90% of the time. Have repaints slowed?
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel
 
User avatar
william
Posts: 3340
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Doesn't Spirit have alot of Airbuses on order? Isn't the majority of its leased? One would think it would just let the old leased liveries go back as the new livery deliveries arrive. Or am I getting Spirit confused with Indigo?
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3393
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:46 pm

jonair8 wrote:
OB1504 wrote:
Also, were the A319s and A321 N588NK ever reconfigured from what they were originally delivered with in 2005-2007 before Spirit transitioned to a ULCC? I believe that they were delivered with standard gray reclining seats at 31" pitch, and these seats were still present on the airplanes as late as 2012.


I flew on N587NK this spring, which has already been returned to the lessor. This plane was in the gray pixel livery, with a white nose cone, and a blue engine cowling on the no. 2 engine from the blue and euro white colors. The interior that was in 587 had the same seats as they were delivered with, but they were reupholstered dark blue to be in line with the rest of the fleet. However, seat pitch was a very tight 28" and the Spirit logo on the clear plastic bulkhead wall was the old logo. 588 and all of the rest of the gray pixel liveried A321s are the same inside and outside, since they are/were scheduled to be retired. When I flew on it, I was wondering why there was no effort in these planes being updated, and now I know why!
To keep costs low.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
F27500
Posts: 831
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:26 pm

That grey pixel livery was hot --- too bad they got rid of it -- maybe its a little too classy a look for Spirit tho ;)
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:49 pm

N613NK can be added to the list above.


N621NK has new paint, but no photos of it in the DB yet.

Edit: MesaFlyGUy beat me to 613 :)
 
wjcandee
Posts: 9071
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Interesting about the painting at RME and the allegations of quality issues. Premier, the contractor that paints there, has done a lot of paint and other work for Atlas for a long time. They have a good reputation, but there's no question that the same vendor can do vastly different quality of work depending upon the customer (and its on-site representative).

ROW painting is done by Dean Baldwin Painting, an extremely-well-regarded operation that has shops at ROW, GUS and GYR. It also has an operation at SAT, where it does all the painting and exterior work for ST Aerospace's MRO facilities there.

Glad to hear that Luftansa's MRO operation in Puerto Rico is back up and running. The economy there needs every provider of skilled jobs that they can find.
 
e38
Posts: 733
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:30 pm

Which Spirit aircraft have two jumpseats in the flightdeck and which aircraft have one jumpseat in the flightdeck?

e38
 
matt320
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:26 pm

625 is in the new paint
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2721
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:08 pm

Too bad Earl Scheib doesn't paint airplanes, I bet NK would be interested if they could save a couple bucks :)
 
User avatar
deltadawg
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 2:56 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:52 pm

One word describes NK's taxicab paint scheme.........................FUGLY!!!
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof
 
User avatar
william
Posts: 3340
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:18 pm

F27500 wrote:
That grey pixel livery was hot --- too bad they got rid of it -- maybe its a little too classy a look for Spirit tho ;)


Too expensive.
 
User avatar
antoniemey
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:38 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:28 pm

william wrote:
F27500 wrote:
That grey pixel livery was hot --- too bad they got rid of it -- maybe its a little too classy a look for Spirit tho ;)


Too expensive.


Also has an odd quirk of having different shades of silver in areas where there are no black pixels... not sure if that's original or due to age fading and part replacement, since I never saw one up close freshly painted in those colors.
Make something Idiot-proof, and the Universe will make a more inept idiot.
 
User avatar
tb727
Posts: 2226
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:40 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:49 pm

e38 wrote:
Which Spirit aircraft have two jumpseats in the flightdeck and which aircraft have one jumpseat in the flightdeck?

e38


Only some of the 319's have 2 jumpseats. I think it's 502-523. The rest of the fleet just have the 1.
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!
 
User avatar
aeromoe
Posts: 1322
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:34 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:54 am

I believe Frontier might qualify for 3 distinct variations: A Whole New Animal, FRONTIER.COM, and the newest colors. Not completely distinctive but different enough to be, well, different...
Since 60s: AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR(85) BY B6 CO CZ(16) DG DL EA EI EN FI FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KL KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(87) OZ(88) PA PI PN(97) PT QF QQ RM RO RV(99) RV(16) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(13) ZZ 9K
 
n7371f
Posts: 1836
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:36 am

The most god awful livery, ever. Maybe the first time consultants actually matched a livery with a product.
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3616
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:39 am

Surprised that 510 isn't repainted yet, since that's a frame NK bought off lease and now owns.
 
Woodreau
Posts: 1945
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:44 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:33 am

Since NK appears to number their reposition flights 8xxx. You can check flightaware with NKS8523 to see where N523NK has been repositioned to

You’ll notice where a lot of the 319s in the 520 range have been repositioned to BQN recently (within the last few months). Spend 2-3 week’s there and then get repositioned back to FLL

You can also see which planes have been repositioned to ROW and then back to DFW.
Bonus animus sit, ab experientia. Quod salvatum fuerit de malis usu venit judicium.
 
Woodreau
Posts: 1945
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:44 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:39 am

I think there was a slowdown in repaint/retrofitting due to the NEO issues for a while a lot of planes that were due to go to paint or to get the spaceflex cabin/seat install were delayed due to the NEO aircraft not flying. 535/536 were purchased/leases used in to cover the flying due to the grounded neos. Now that the neos are flying again it’s freed up some block time to get the planes in for paint and refits.
Bonus animus sit, ab experientia. Quod salvatum fuerit de malis usu venit judicium.
 
xdlx
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:05 pm

727LOVER wrote:
Anyone know what date the last aircraft was REpainted?

I'm curious if they even ARE repainting...or are they just taking new deliveries with a newer livery.


Planes have very little slack in schedule...... Unable to paint what is busy all the time
 
MesaFlyGuy
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:09 pm

Woodreau wrote:
Since NK appears to number their reposition flights 8xxx. You can check flightaware with NKS8523 to see where N523NK has been repositioned to

You’ll notice where a lot of the 319s in the 520 range have been repositioned to BQN recently (within the last few months). Spend 2-3 week’s there and then get repositioned back to FLL

You can also see which planes have been repositioned to ROW and then back to DFW.


I don't believe they're doing repaints in Aguadilla, rather just heavy checks and cabin reconfigurations. Roswell is the main repaint facility.
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.
 
Woodreau
Posts: 1945
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 6:44 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:58 am

I don’t know what they’re doing in BQN or ROW and don’t really care either.

There were several people asking which planes have been repainted and what the activity is.

This method of looking at flightaware allows people who don’t have access to internal information to guess what is going on by tracking Spirit repositioning by tail number.
Bonus animus sit, ab experientia. Quod salvatum fuerit de malis usu venit judicium.
 
MesaFlyGuy
Posts: 3916
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:49 am

Woodreau wrote:
I don’t know what they’re doing in BQN or ROW and don’t really care either.

There were several people asking which planes have been repainted and what the activity is.

This method of looking at flightaware allows people who don’t have access to internal information to guess what is going on by tracking Spirit repositioning by tail number.


Precisely, which is why I wanted to make it clear which facilities do which, so people have a more accurate idea of which repositioning flights would be for paint. :)
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.
 
brains
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:26 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:19 am

Currently the paint jobs are being done at Maas Aviation at KBFM. N509NK is in paint right now. 508 came out this week. For the 320/320 SpaceFlex, 618 and 622 thru 640 remain in the white scheme.

As far as SpaceFlex mods, all the A320s have been converted to SpaceFlex except 614, 615,618 and 641. 641 will be heading to BQN next week for the conversion.
Brains
 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 3427
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:45 am

Like the old days of Hughes Airwest, good to see a flying banana again. You can spot Spirit aircraft way out there.
You are here.
 
User avatar
Schweigend
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:47 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:55 am

CALTECH wrote:
Like the old days of Hughes Airwest, good to see a flying banana again. You can spot Spirit aircraft way out there.


YES -- so reminiscent of the flying banana!

And --

"HOME OF THE BARE FARE" painted on the engines, "HOWDY" on the cabin-facing sides of the upswept winglets!

Tacky, some might think, but I say DIG IT !
 
SXDFC
Posts: 2042
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:31 am

I love the new NK livery. It sure stands out whenever you see it! I saw one of the NEOs recently, N902NK, is it Meir are some of the NEOs already showing signs of fading?
 
cbphoto
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:23 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:55 pm

aeromoe wrote:
I believe Frontier might qualify for 3 distinct variations: A Whole New Animal, FRONTIER.COM, and the newest colors. Not completely distinctive but different enough to be, well, different...


Agreed! And to expand on that, Allegiant technically has 3 different distinct variations as well. Their old, original colors that are on some of the MD80s. The brighter sun on the tail with the “Travel is out deal” slogan, and the new paint scheme that is on their new A320s.

Funny how all of the ULCCs have 3 different paint schemes out there currently.
ETOPS: Engines Turning or Passengers Swimming
 
727LOVER
Posts: 8633
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:48 pm

brains wrote:
N509NK is in paint right now. 508 came out this week.


So that;s 2 pixels gone.....OUCH...how many are left?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 3393
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:12 pm

727LOVER wrote:
brains wrote:
N509NK is in paint right now. 508 came out this week.


So that;s 2 pixels gone.....OUCH...how many are left?
Slowly fading away...remember the old DC-9/MD-80 livery? Flashback time!
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...
 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 3427
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:46 pm

Schweigend wrote:

YES -- so reminiscent of the flying banana!

And --

"HOME OF THE BARE FARE" painted on the engines, "HOWDY" on the cabin-facing sides of the upswept winglets!

Tacky, some might think, but I say DIG IT !


I dig it ! Think it is one of my favorites now.
But one thing, their new planes are coming with LED lights. They are bright, but just a long blink. Boring.

I miss the double flash strobes, especially when you hear, cleared for takeoff, and those strobes came on with their double flash........
You are here.
 
e38
Posts: 733
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Quoting tb727 (Reply # 26), "The rest of the fleet just have the 1."

That's too bad, particularly for commuting crew members, considering the amount of space available in the flight deck for two jumpseats. That must have been a management decision, not a decision by the pilot group.

e38
 
User avatar
tb727
Posts: 2226
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:40 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:51 pm

e38 wrote:
Quoting tb727 (Reply # 26), "The rest of the fleet just have the 1."

That's too bad, particularly for commuting crew members, considering the amount of space available in the flight deck for two jumpseats. That must have been a management decision, not a decision by the pilot group.

e38


You are correct. Same guy that got rid of the brake fans. All to save money and weight from what I was told. Don't get a whole lot of commuters in my experience but we do take care of them when we do get them.
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!
 
e38
Posts: 733
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:00 pm

quoting,tb727 (Reply 45), " . . . but we do take care of them when we do get them."

tb727, thank you. I completely agree with your statement. I've been treated very well when using the flightdeck J.S. on NK.

e38
 
e38
Posts: 733
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:00 pm

duplicate post. Deleted.
 
Antarius
Posts: 2544
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:28 pm

cbphoto wrote:
aeromoe wrote:
I believe Frontier might qualify for 3 distinct variations: A Whole New Animal, FRONTIER.COM, and the newest colors. Not completely distinctive but different enough to be, well, different...


Agreed! And to expand on that, Allegiant technically has 3 different distinct variations as well. Their old, original colors that are on some of the MD80s. The brighter sun on the tail with the “Travel is out deal” slogan, and the new paint scheme that is on their new A320s.

Funny how all of the ULCCs have 3 different paint schemes out there currently.


American/Eagle do as well.

The new livery, the MD80s in the silver bare livery and the recently reactivated ERJ 145s in the old white eagle livery

And that doesn't include the Oneworld or throwback (America West etc.) Special liveries
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL
 
User avatar
aeromoe
Posts: 1322
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:34 am

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:01 pm

Antarius wrote:
cbphoto wrote:
aeromoe wrote:
I believe Frontier might qualify for 3 distinct variations: A Whole New Animal, FRONTIER.COM, and the newest colors. Not completely distinctive but different enough to be, well, different...


Agreed! And to expand on that, Allegiant technically has 3 different distinct variations as well. Their old, original colors that are on some of the MD80s. The brighter sun on the tail with the “Travel is out deal” slogan, and the new paint scheme that is on their new A320s.

Funny how all of the ULCCs have 3 different paint schemes out there currently.


American/Eagle do as well.

The new livery, the MD80s in the silver bare livery and the recently reactivated ERJ 145s in the old white eagle livery

And that doesn't include the Oneworld or throwback (America West etc.) Special liveries


My Frontier post should be amended to read "A Whole Different Animal"...my bad!! Yes...Allegiant as well now that you mention it.

Moe
Since 60s: AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR(85) BY B6 CO CZ(16) DG DL EA EI EN FI FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KL KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(87) OZ(88) PA PI PN(97) PT QF QQ RM RO RV(99) RV(16) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(13) ZZ 9K
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Spirit Airlines Repaint Progress

Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:05 pm

SXDFC wrote:
I love the new NK livery. It sure stands out whenever you see it! I saw one of the NEOs recently, N902NK, is it Meir are some of the NEOs already showing signs of fading?

Well some of the NEO's were grounded for many weeks on at least 2 separate occasions due to issues with the GTF. Maybe sitting out in the sun while in storage took a bit of a toll on the paint? :scratchchin: Athough I don't think that would make much of a major difference given the time they were grounded.

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos