keesje wrote:150 posts without an order..
Noshow wrote:150 orders without a post would be better.
Actually, given the situation, the reasons for this lack of orders are more interesting than actually adding new birds to the backlog.
1. Airbus are in a dire situation : the Sales & Marketing Office has beem dismantled
2. thus all current campains with middlemen have been put on hold or frozen until cleared of any corruption possibility
3. no SMO means who is then initiating new deals ?
4. Enders has taken control of sales & commercial aircrafts, plus must supervize the investigation, how is he having the time to hoard deals ?
5. the A380 is at a crossroads, no matter what the decision, the consequences are far-reaching for both Airbus & EK and one can be sure they will examine every strategic iteration to the minimal detail & if that requires more time, then more time it is, there is no hurry, can be struck next year or after.
Nothing bad will happen to either companies if Dubai's Air Show ends with 0 Airbus deals.
There may be announcements tomorrow but given the situation, I expect Boeing's sales this year to tower Airbus' - mightily.