5 year old impresses Etihad Pilot

Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:01 pm

I think this kid has a future in aviation :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXkSe_QCJL4

zeke

Re: 5 year old impresses Etihad Pilot

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:23 pm

These videos have been doing the social media rounds for a while
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

727LOVER

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:58 pm

zeke wrote:
These videos have been doing the social media rounds for a while

It's like from 2 weeks ago....so why not post it? It says that was during flight. IDK...don't want the kid touching stuff at 30,000 ft :P
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

PatrickZ80

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:15 pm

The video following this one shows the same kid flying in a simulator. Eventhough he knows a lot about it, still seems a lot safer than a real aircraft to me. However, well done! He'll make a great pilot one day and I think many airlines would want to hire him.

CanadaFair

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:22 pm

There was no engine noise/sound in background so doubt it was inflight.

As a kid his age long , long time back all I knew was I liked planes and wanted to fly 747s yet anything tech speak and my mind would go blank, I would buy adult age books on aviation while others were buying fairy tales and comics but only to look at plane pictures, all the tech info in there was French to me LOL! and no I didnt enter the industry, incase people think its a loser makes dream come true story.

Flightsimboy

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:58 pm

Kudos to Etihad for making the little guy''s dream come true.

https://youtu.be/maPB_KMmMJU
LAX772LR - "Answer to goofy question:" in response to my question about the B737-MAX8 being grounded. 48 hours later all B737-MAX8 grounded worldwide. Go figure!!

zeke

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:04 pm

727LOVER wrote:
It's like from 2 weeks ago....so why not post it? It says that was during flight. IDK...don't want the kid touching stuff at 30,000 ft :P

Don’t remember when I first seen it, first by Whatsapp, then on Facebook. This is a promo video they shot with the kid earlier in the year for Father’s Day

https://youtu.be/6UW75vXYy84
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

Slash787

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:42 pm

I saw this comment on youtube, so just going to copy and paste it

"After the video circulation of the Egyptian child Adam, who entered the cockpit of the commander of the plane, and talked about accurate details about how the plane worked and take off, and other details needed by the captain while driving the plane, met "Arab.Net" Captain Samer, who met the child Adam and his picture.

Samer told Al Arabiya.net that after we landed at Rabat airport in Morocco, the hostess told me that there was a child who wanted to meet me. I told her to wait a little while until the passengers were ready to leave. I asked her to let him in. I spoke to him in English. Although I live in New York, I have no doubt that this child may be Arab or even have Arab roots. "
"When I spoke to him I expected him to be an American because of the language he had, and then he started talking about the engines and the landing process and how they were done, an indicator of the keys to the operation. He talked about how to take off and when to use the wings of the plane. Camera and asked him to speak. "

He continued: "The Secretariat surprised me, he has not only information, but even managed the mechanism of its work, and predicted that one of his parents work by flying, but I was surprised that his parents have nothing to do with it.
As for his knowledge of the nationality of the Arab child, he explained: "I asked him about his parents, and when I met them, I asked his father where you were from." He replied that he was Egyptian and his mother was Moroccan. When asked where he had this knowledge of flying? "I have learned from the host that he talked to them about the plane, its details, the safety means, the emergency exits, when it operates, and how the emergency is handled," he said.
The pilot said in his speech that the child Adam has information in the cabin of the pilot is not owned by most hosts in most airlines.
When asked about the deployment of the section, the pilot, Samer, denied that he had published the clip saying, "Because I am an aviation coach who placed him on our own site and a specific group, and I was alerted to the privacy of the section, but I was surprised that it was spread not only on the Arab level but also globally, .

The pilot concluded that he is in contact with the father and son, stressing the need to care for these children, and provide an environment conducive to the development of their talents."

STLflyer

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:46 pm

I was waiting for the pilot to ask the kid if he likes movies about gladiators.

jetwet1

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Smart kid, I hope he keeps the passion for aircraft and has the means to be able to become a pilot one day....BTW, around the 47 second mark you can see they are on the ground behind the child.

STLflyer wrote:

You win the internet today.

Ty134A

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:17 pm

CanadaFair wrote:
There was no engine noise/sound in background so doubt it was inflight.

As a kid his age long , long time back all I knew was I liked planes and wanted to fly 747s yet anything tech speak and my mind would go blank, I would buy adult age books on aviation while others were buying fairy tales and comics but only to look at plane pictures, all the tech info in there was French to me LOL! and no I didnt enter the industry, incase people think its a loser makes dream come true story.

I also only had aviation literature, knew quite early how to fly - the basics of course, not an A320. I spent days spotting and eventually learned russian by myself, so i would understand what was written on those nice planes. i did this with my dads school books. jep, if you're a nerd already as a child, it can influence the rest of yoir life.

I hope the little boy will find his way.

By the way, i still remember my first flight deck visit, Singapore Airlines Boeing 747-300 Big Top. That was exactly 30 years ago, holy s###. ever since proud member of singapore airlines kids club (does it still exist).

i'll also never forget my first IL-86 taking off in the early 90, manager to have her nearly fly over me! ever since she stole my heart with her wild roar!
TU3/5,T20,IL8/6/W/9,I14,YK4/2,AN2/4,A26,A28,A38,A40,A81,SU9,L4T,L11,D1C,M11,M80/2/7,
AB4/6,318-321,313,332/3,342/3/5/6,712,703,722,732/3/4/5/G/8,741/L/2/3/4,752/3,763,
77E/W,J31,F50,F70,100,ATP,142/3,AR8/1,SF3,S20,D38,MIH,EM4,E75/90/95,AT7,DHT/3/4,CRJ/7/9

787Driver

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:21 pm

That boy is way too smart to waste his intellect on becoming a pilot

rg787

Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:52 am

I think a lot of people on A.net remember of their own childhood when looking at that kid. In fact, probably a lot of kids started their love for aviation by reading and viewing stuff on this website, myself included.

This doesn't mean we will become pilots or will work with anything aviation related. I was probably not as smart as that kid, but I did have some knowledge about aviation from early on. I actually really liked the tech stuff, because it always amazed me how they all worked, and I learned a lot of it reading this forums.

Although I did get to love aviation since I was a kid, I didn't pursue the career of being a pilot. I became a management student and now work with finance, and much of reason I chose to follow this career was actually because of aviation (well, not the finance part) and what it means to me. When beginning university, my dream was to work on a airline or a aviation related company and be part of the huge operation that always fascinated me, and thought that was probably the best way to do it if I was not going to be an engineer. I didn't get to work on an aviation company for lots of reasons, but this didn't stop me from reading and studying a lot about it and thinking that someday I may change paths.

jetmechanicdave
Head Support

Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:09 am

Amazing
Aircraft Mechanic and Airliners.net Forum Moderator

Flightsimboy

Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:09 am

Slash787 wrote:

Was that entire comment originally translated from Arabic? Looks like some translation tool was used.
LAX772LR - "Answer to goofy question:" in response to my question about the B737-MAX8 being grounded. 48 hours later all B737-MAX8 grounded worldwide. Go figure!!

PatrickZ80

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:58 am

rg787 wrote:
In fact, probably a lot of kids started their love for aviation by reading and viewing stuff on this website, myself included.

This would mean you're probably a lot younger than me. When I was a kid, all there was available about aviation were books. I still got a couple of them. Of course they're far outdated by now, but still fun to read. First time I ever got in tough with the internet I was about 16 or 17 years old, but of course then I didn't know about the existance of this site (if it even existed by then). That only came much later.

Nevertheless, it did remind me of my first in-flight visit to the cockpit when I was a kid. That was still possible by then. But unlike this kid I didn't know anything about the systems, I only enjoyed the view out of the cockpit windows which I remember was amazing.

Slash787

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Flightsimboy wrote:
Slash787 wrote:

Was that entire comment originally translated from Arabic? Looks like some translation tool was used.

The whole thing was in English on youtube, so I just copied and pasted here, but it could be that the person who wrote it din't have a good hang of English or the whole thing was in Arabic and used a translator and then pasted in youtube.

kelval

Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:12 pm

STLflyer wrote:

You mean the Gloster Gladiator biplane, of course!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos