Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
nmdrdh787
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:39 am

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:17 pm

flyPIT wrote:
nmdrdh787 wrote:
Did they update the air service figures in the draft (I'm guessing now final) Master Plan? Curious to see if they tell the whole story now.

Only the Draft Master Plan has been released. The master plan is a different process and document than what I posted above. I'm sure the final master plan document will have updated projections.


I hope so, because my gut feeling thinks some of the argument behind redoing the terminal and closing the runway was based off of old numbers that showed a decline, rather than the recent increase in passengers I am sure PIT has seen.
 
AaronPGH
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:53 pm

Going to get this thread popped up here. The new terminal designs were just released. Really happy with how these turned out! Interesting to see that they shifted back to a two-level design for arrivals/departures. I know originally they were trying to keep it all on one. Personally, I'm glad they didn't as I find those to be a bit of a clusterfuck with people trying to walk through traffic flows.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
 
Delta28L
Posts: 347
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:12 pm

Yea more windows so people can see the non existent sun during winter time
 
strangeplanes
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:53 pm

Lets see them get the funding for that now
 
Flaps
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2000 1:11 pm

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:05 pm

Hmmmmm....Where have I seen this design before? Oh yeah....Its the exact same design as the existing one.
 
AaronPGH
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:39 pm

strangeplanes wrote:
Lets see them get the funding for that now


It's already funded by natural gas revenues from the property, bonds, and parking / retail / airline fees. Breaking ground this year.
 
ncflyer
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2000 7:03 pm

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:52 pm

It’s already funded???? So what’s the cost of this design? I’m watching this from afar but I don’t believe the costs have been real transparent in this process probably because they’ve not been determined.
 
PITexpress
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:59 pm

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:04 pm

ncflyer wrote:
It’s already funded???? So what’s the cost of this design? I’m watching this from afar but I don’t believe the costs have been real transparent in this process probably because they’ve not been determined.


Check out this for the answers!
https://blueskypit.com/2019/02/20/whos- ... -terminal/
 
ncflyer
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2000 7:03 pm

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:08 pm

By the way I don’t necessarily think this is a bad strategy but my take on the PIT approach is they are showing everyone the Rolls Royce, having everyone fall in love with it, then the price will come out later. Theres a reason the most blue chip airports in the world are outside of the US— public’s involvement and willingness to spend. Maybe I’m evaluating incorrectly from afar in which case someone will correct me.
 
User avatar
flyPIT
Posts: 1925
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:21 am

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:10 pm

I love the interior design, it looks great. Very similar to T4 at MAD. The outside looks very good as well but I like the interior a bit more.

I'm surprised they moved away the single dep/arr level concept and single level roadway. That idea was really growing on me and is very common at similar sized airports in Europe. Now it seems like even the lower level roadway is elevated. Looking at the second rendering Aaron posted it looks like the pedestrian link to the garage goes underneath the lower level roadway.


ncflyer wrote:
It’s already funded???? So what’s the cost of this design? I’m watching this from afar but I don’t believe the costs have been real transparent in this process probably because they’ve not been determined.

I disagree, I think the costs have been as transparent as possible throughout the process. Obviously they don't know the exact cost down to the dollar at this stage.
FLYi
 
ncflyer
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2000 7:03 pm

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:10 pm

That article says nothing at all about the cost of the current design. It talks about a budget but that’s very different.

PITexpress wrote:
ncflyer wrote:
It’s already funded???? So what’s the cost of this design? I’m watching this from afar but I don’t believe the costs have been real transparent in this process probably because they’ve not been determined.


Check out this for the answers!
https://blueskypit.com/2019/02/20/whos- ... -terminal/
 
User avatar
flyPIT
Posts: 1925
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:21 am

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:09 pm

"Airport officials also said an outside observation deck, which had been a feature of Greater Pittsburgh International Airport from the 1950s until the current terminal opened in 1992, will be included. That will allow for passengers and visitors to watch the aviation activity."
https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/news/2019/02/20/first-look-pittsburgh-international-airports-1-1b.html

https://cleveland.cbslocal.com/video/4032693-a-new-vision-pittsburgh-international-airport-unveils-new-designs/
FLYi
 
PITexpress
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:59 pm

Re: PIT remodeling airport

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:05 pm

ncflyer wrote:
That article says nothing at all about the cost of the current design. It talks about a budget but that’s very different.


Yes, it does:

The budget for the new terminal project was estimated at $1.1 billion in 2017. Airport officials said they expect a more accurate and increased budget estimate once design reaches 30 percent of completion this summer.


Granted, it's not going to be the final budget, but it sounds like they're prepared for that.

flyPIT wrote:
I love the interior design, it looks great. Very similar to T4 at MAD. The outside looks very good as well but I like the interior a bit more.


I completely agree. I was happy to hear that Vidal was chosen. MAD's T4 is beautiful, and these renderings look like a mix between T4's architectural style and and some earthy tones that work well with the Pennsylvania region.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos