User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 18300
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:24 am

The little pig wasn't happy!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4920381/w ... isruptive/

For the record, my emotional support animal is a hot couger. ;)

To say the least, the emotional support animal trend has gone too far.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Posts: 15456
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:30 am

Thankfully airlines do have some latitude when it comes to emotional support animals, and if it compromises safety, it doesn't get to travel.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group
 
User avatar
RWA380
Posts: 5552
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:37 am

There was a US transcon flight years ago, that had a problem with an emotional support pig, it was a real mess. I think dogs are best suited for air travel, but I know airlines have some latitude, but other businesses can't even question about support animals.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M
 
User avatar
admanager
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:45 am

It wasn't the pig's fault. It was on a US Airways flight according to the story.
"... but were given the shock of their lives when it began oinking on board the US Airways flight out of Connecticut."
 
michman
Posts: 901
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:51 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:00 am

Recycled news. The story is actually from 2014 (click through to the original ABC News story and notice the date). The "US Airways" part was a dead giveaway.
 
Indy
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:24 pm

I want to get an emotional support alligator. I can see the headline now "Passenger removed after emotional support alligator eats first class passenger." :-)
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air
 
User avatar
Seabear
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Okay, I'll bring the emotional support barbeque sauce!
 
User avatar
zeke
Posts: 14054
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:46 pm

Just waiting for a human rights lawyer to file a suit that an emotion pig was not allowed to board a flight to Saudia Arabia.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News
 
zakuivcustom
Posts: 2848
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:55 pm

zeke wrote:
Just waiting for a human rights lawyer to file a suit that an emotion pig was not allowed to board a flight to Saudia Arabia.


You mean I can't even bring my emotional support pig onto a QR or EY flight? How dared Skytrax give them 5-star. :rotfl:
Free Hong Kong! Free China!
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6573
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:40 pm

zeke wrote:
Just waiting for a human rights lawyer to file a suit that an emotion pig was not allowed to board a flight to Saudia Arabia.

The pig doesn't have "human" rights. :wink2: The precedent could create a dilemma when an emotional support cow is not allowed on a flight to India due to its size! :stretch:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
polywad6963
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 1:50 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Maybe it was a morning flight, passenger wanted bacon and said to the passenger, will this do? I have heard of a lot of animals being used for support but first I have heard a pig being one.
 
Cunard
Posts: 2506
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:08 pm

michman wrote:
Recycled news. The story is actually from 2014 (click through to the original ABC News story and notice the date). The "US Airways" part was a dead giveaway.


Why has it become the norm of late for posters to open threads regarding recycled news, they should check the dates of the news releases before posting on here especially as this particular story is nearly 4 years old.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
User avatar
Lingon
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:42 pm

Indy wrote:
I want to get an emotional support alligator. I can see the headline now "Passenger removed after emotional support alligator eats first class passenger." :-)


Read this one..

BTW, recycling news maybe is good for the environment? :duck:
 
Cunard
Posts: 2506
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:40 pm

NO Recycling garbage is good for the environment not recycling Old News!
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
Gr8Circle
Posts: 2611
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:44 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:58 pm

Devilfish wrote:
zeke wrote:
The precedent could create a dilemma when an emotional support cow is not allowed on a flight to India due to its size! :stretch:


Insensitive remark out of ignorance.....I know you meant it as a joke but this sort of comment is downright dumb....no one in India would ever consider the cow as an "emotional support animal"....it is worshipped for its virtues and usefulness traditionally.....don't try to make a joke of things you don't understand.....
 
User avatar
speedbored
Posts: 2207
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:14 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:00 pm

lightsaber wrote:
To say the least, the emotional support animal trend has gone too far.

Indeed.

What surprises me is that no-one has tried taking their "emotional support human" onboard, to save on an airfare.
 
User avatar
MoKa777
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:47 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Lingon wrote:
Indy wrote:
I want to get an emotional support alligator. I can see the headline now "Passenger removed after emotional support alligator eats first class passenger." :-)


Read this one..

BTW, recycling news maybe is good for the environment? :duck:


Hahahaha! I would have agreed but to my knowledge, the ability to create new drama is a renewable resource. No need to recycle but just because one shouldn't do so does not mean that one won't...
Never be proud. Always be grateful.
 
User avatar
MoKa777
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:47 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:08 pm

speedbored wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
To say the least, the emotional support animal trend has gone too far.

Indeed.

What surprises me is that no-one has tried taking their "emotional support human" onboard, to save on an airfare.


Ooooh thanks. Don't mind if I use that idea...
Never be proud. Always be grateful.
 
Indy
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Lingon wrote:
Read this one..

BTW, recycling news maybe is good for the environment? :duck:


LOL. Nobody took ownership of the croc. Question: were all small children and animals accounted for after the flight? :-)
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air
 
smokeybandit
Posts: 1114
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Well, I do find bacon quite calming and comforting, too
 
evank516
Posts: 1972
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Indy wrote:
I want to get an emotional support alligator. I can see the headline now "Passenger removed after emotional support alligator eats first class passenger." :-)


Maybe you can just take their seat in First Class then. The logic is even better than the old "my dog ate my homework" line. :rotfl:
 
AWACSooner
Posts: 2477
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:35 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:09 pm

I already called dibs on my emotional support cobra.
 
aircatalonia
Posts: 624
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:50 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:47 pm

"Pig started walking up and down" big deal. Let the pig walk and that's it. He's not gonna eat anyone. It's not a bear.
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 929
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:48 pm

Oink Oink.
 
User avatar
TheLion
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Cunard wrote:
michman wrote:
Recycled news. The story is actually from 2014 (click through to the original ABC News story and notice the date). The "US Airways" part was a dead giveaway.


Why has it become the norm of late for posters to open threads regarding recycled news, they should check the dates of the news releases before posting on here especially as this particular story is nearly 4 years old.


Oh cheer up you. This is actually a rather fun a.net thread, free of repetitive arguments and bitchy sniping. For once. We’re all enjoying it, so maybe you should too!
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 18300
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:32 pm

Ok, I missed how old it was.
Still a fun thread. :)
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
User avatar
JannEejit
Posts: 1368
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:44 pm

michman wrote:
Recycled news. The story is actually from 2014 (click through to the original ABC News story and notice the date). The "US Airways" part was a dead giveaway.


Looks like it's emotional support Groundhog too... ;-)
 
LVISA
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:31 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:40 am

smokeybandit wrote:
Well, I do find bacon quite calming and comforting, too


:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 
F27500
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:45 am

TheLion wrote:
Cunard wrote:
michman wrote:
Recycled news. The story is actually from 2014 (click through to the original ABC News story and notice the date). The "US Airways" part was a dead giveaway.


Why has it become the norm of late for posters to open threads regarding recycled news, they should check the dates of the news releases before posting on here especially as this particular story is nearly 4 years old.


Oh cheer up you. This is actually a rather fun a.net thread, free of repetitive arguments and bitchy sniping. For once. We’re all enjoying it, so maybe you should too!



I was just thinking the same thing!

Nice to see a little levity here for a change. It won't last long, though. It won't be long at all before one of the usual tightly wound A.Net geeks start complaining about how utterly undignified and unnecessary this topic is and that it should be moved to Siberia (like Non-Av or Polls and Pref).
 
USAOZ
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:34 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:45 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Thankfully airlines do have some latitude when it comes to emotional support animals, and if it compromises safety, it doesn't get to travel.

no animals should be allowed on any aircraft period.

That 3rd rate actor Johnny Depp tried to smuggle dogs into Australia, which has very strict quaranteen laws.

He should have been jailed but got away with a fine.

OZ authorities should have made an example of him. He's only a actor.
 
User avatar
TheLion
Posts: 688
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:27 pm

F27500 wrote:
TheLion wrote:
Cunard wrote:

Why has it become the norm of late for posters to open threads regarding recycled news, they should check the dates of the news releases before posting on here especially as this particular story is nearly 4 years old.


Oh cheer up you. This is actually a rather fun a.net thread, free of repetitive arguments and bitchy sniping. For once. We’re all enjoying it, so maybe you should too!


I was just thinking the same thing!

Nice to see a little levity here for a change. It won't last long, though. It won't be long at all before one of the usual tightly wound A.Net geeks start complaining about how utterly undignified and unnecessary this topic is and that it should be moved to Siberia (like Non-Av or Polls and Pref).


hahaha I feel you here. A good point! It’s nice to let go a little for once.
 
n729pa
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:55 am

....we'll this blows the myth about flying pigs.

So Mr Pig how long are you going away for? A few days or a weeeeeeek?

"Shit!...it's a pig" the crew member said..."the name is Pooh actually" the little fat yellow passenger travelling with the pig curtly replied. Winnie the Pooh didn't travel with Piglet again after this incident.

........and then we wonder how swine flu is spread around the world too.
 
NichCage
Posts: 916
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:47 am

While not for emotional support, there was an incident where a snake came out of some baggage on a plane and caused more than a little scare.

I need to bring my emotional support ants onboard to calm me down, but that would be a terrible idea.
 
Cody
Posts: 2243
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 12:16 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:58 pm

I was the Captain of this flight. The whole episode lasted 30 seconds. It baffled me how it made the news to begin with and I am even more puzzled as to why it is being discussed now, FOUR YEARS LATER, as if it just happened.

This is proof the news is fake.
 
txjim
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 1:44 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:50 pm

F27500 wrote:
TheLion wrote:
Cunard wrote:

Why has it become the norm of late for posters to open threads regarding recycled news, they should check the dates of the news releases before posting on here especially as this particular story is nearly 4 years old.


Oh cheer up you. This is actually a rather fun a.net thread, free of repetitive arguments and bitchy sniping. For once. We’re all enjoying it, so maybe you should too!



I was just thinking the same thing!

Nice to see a little levity here for a change. It won't last long, though. It won't be long at all before one of the usual tightly wound A.Net geeks start complaining about how utterly undignified and unnecessary this topic is and that it should be moved to Siberia (like Non-Av or Polls and Pref).

The pig prefers Airbus over Boeing
 
User avatar
Jayafe
Posts: 1215
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:58 pm

txjim wrote:
The pig prefers Airbus over Boeing


Even the pig prefers Airbus over Boeing :lol:
 
User avatar
Byron1976
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:52 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Jayafe wrote:
Even the pig prefers Airbus over Boeing :lol:


Here we go again... :bomb:
 
User avatar
Jayafe
Posts: 1215
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Byron1976 wrote:
Jayafe wrote:
Even the pig prefers Airbus over Boeing :lol:


Here we go again... :bomb:


Come on, this thread is just for fun :fluffy:
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 8843
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:57 pm

Is it it sexual harassment if I ask the female passenger in the other seat to pet my emotional support snake?
 
gregn21
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:14 pm

This is nothing. I sat next to a guy a few years ago on a WN flight who had a 2x2 foot fish tank for his and his wife’s emotional support LOBSTERS.
 
EricAY05
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:11 pm

There is something very very wrong with the liberals in the US. How long before we will have safe spaces on airplanes?
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 6573
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:16 pm

seahawk wrote:
Is it it sexual harassment if I ask the female passenger in the other seat to pet my emotional support snake?

You must first reassure her that it is not a naja! :covereyes:
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
WesternA318
Posts: 4603
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:55 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Gr8Circle wrote:
Devilfish wrote:
zeke wrote:
The precedent could create a dilemma when an emotional support cow is not allowed on a flight to India due to its size! :stretch:


Insensitive remark out of ignorance.....I know you meant it as a joke but this sort of comment is downright dumb....no one in India would ever consider the cow as an "emotional support animal"....it is worshipped for its virtues and usefulness traditionally.....don't try to make a joke of things you don't understand.....


Calm down, Francis....
 
peterinlisbon
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 pm

This story is hogwash. The real reason she was thrown off the plane was because she was hogging the aisle.
 
robsaw
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:14 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:26 am

EricAY05 wrote:
There is something very very wrong with the liberals in the US. How long before we will have safe spaces on airplanes?


Absolutely, pretty soon they're going to ban smoking on flights I hear.
 
SkyVoice
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:54 am

Jayafe wrote:
txjim wrote:
The pig prefers Airbus over Boeing


Even the pig prefers Airbus over Boeing :lol:


EVEN, the pig? Come on, what kind of name is that for a pig?
"Your talents may take you where your character can not keep you." - Terry Nelson
 
SkyVoice
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:02 am

seahawk wrote:
Is it it sexual harassment if I ask the female passenger in the other seat to pet my emotional support snake?


Maybe, if it's a "one-eyed snake" ! ! ! :biggrin:
"Your talents may take you where your character can not keep you." - Terry Nelson
 
WIederling
Posts: 8888
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:19 pm

EricAY05 wrote:
There is something very very wrong with the liberals in the US. How long before we will have safe spaces on airplanes?


Are the people that completely highjack provisions for real need really part of the "liberal" crowd?
I'd more like associate the "everything and a large gob beyond takers" as more aligned with GOP ideals.
"Everything that I can leverage into my grubby hands is mine, ho ha!"
Murphy is an optimist
 
Woofbite
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:02 pm

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:35 pm

People allegedly so fragile and delicate they require support animals shouldn't be allowed to fly in my opinion.
 
F27500
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Emotional support pig removed from plane

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:48 pm

I can't believe this thread hasn't been closed yet! Its fun, a little bawdy ... all the things that usually get you locked up here.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos