Cunard

Re: Istanbul new airport - latest pictures and discussion thread

Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:15 am

avi8

Where are you this is the thread that you should be reading!

BTW I was obviously correct in my assumption that your previous thread would be locked by the MODS :-)
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

A321Lufthansa

Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:00 pm

So, no changes that the flights will be transferred in 31.12? I'm thinking about flying via IST in January so I hope to eventually get to the new airport.
Last flown aircrafts: A320 OE-LBL < A320 OE-LBU < A319 OE-LDE < A320 OE-LBZ < A320 D-AIPL < A319 D-AIBA < E190 HB-JVL < A320 HB-IJR < A321 VP-BKQ < A321 VP-BAV < A320 HB-JLP < BCS3 HB-JCB < A319 D-AILF < A320 D-AIPM

HeyTK

Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:43 am

TK has added 2 more domestic daily flights from ISL to Trabzon and Adana starting mid december. The ticket are starting from 59tl, which makes around 9,8 euros.

mafaky

Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Honestly speaking, every passing day I have been losing my faith that the (New) Istanbul Airport will become fully operational by Jan. 1st, 2019. Despite the rumors that I have been hearing that the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure has firmly said "I will accept no excuses for any date beyond Jan. 1st" to a Vice General Manager at TK.

Addition of 2 more domestic routes after Dec.10th looks meaningless to me.

Yes, it's been a wise move to start operations with only 4-5 routes at the beginning of November. But the next week, this should have been increased to 10 destinations or same routes with more than one daily frequency. A further week, add another 5. Up to, say 100 aircraft movements daily (as I consider this a reasonably safe factor from ATC's point of view, while the Ataturk Airport still remains operational at the major scale).

But 10-14 daily aircraft movements is next to nil.

My translation for this kind of primitive planning is:
a) TK is not ready yet, for getting re-deployed on the new airport for a multiple of factors that we may not be totally/partly aware of,
or
b) There still are a lot of things missing (or going the wrong direction) at the new airport and TK cannot afford to take full risks after a total and irrevocable re-deployment.

I have been to the landside part of the new airport's huge terminal twice (third trip to follow this week...), after its so-called "opening": Yes you still see a lot things missing and a lot of locations under construction. The Arrivals Hall (bottom floor) is almost a "no man's land!" Ironically the arriving pax cannot go out to take their transports or go to the car park in the conventional way. They have to climb to the Departures Hall (by escalators and elevators) up, and then exit to the "street". The more unlucky international arriving pax have to walk a distance of not less than 400-500 to exit! This was the situation on Nov. 18th.

My guess is as good as yours!
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

alaturka

Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Today I just got a chance to flew to AYT, and first time and maybe the last time I was able to fly over IST, it was amazing experience for me.

Still so much in maintenance and under construction, but i believe no problem to operate flights here, yet moving in a short time could be.

If you interested to follow my stories on Instagram: @mesuttoker
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SM-G950F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

MeCe

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:20 am

I heard TK has some concerns about connecting time They are avare of size of terminal but pax flow is different. Arriving passengers must use escalator/elevator and go one level up than go two levels down to customs or down one level for transit. All these ups and downs create extra problem especially for wheelchair and families with children.

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:04 pm

MeCe wrote:
I heard TK has some concerns about connecting time They are avare of size of terminal but pax flow is different. Arriving passengers must use escalator/elevator and go one level up than go two levels down to customs or down one level for transit. All these ups and downs create extra problem especially for wheelchair and families with children.

I am sure this concern has been there from the first design phase. With airports reaching over 100M pax/year capacities the size and the movement of masses becomes a huge problem. Good thing is most of the people using the airport will be foreigners transferring and I hope they are more used to bigger airports than the Turks. All this will be very new to the Turkish pax, longer lines at checkin/security/passport/taxi/bathroom..., walking half a mile to get to your gate, 1/2 hour taxi times, missing connections...... in general; the size of this huge airport will have unexpected results.

MeCe

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:12 pm

TK787 wrote:
MeCe wrote:

I am sure this concern has been there from the first design phase. With airports reaching over 100M pax/year capacities the size and the movement of masses becomes a huge problem. Good thing is most of the people using the airport will be foreigners transferring and I hope they are more used to bigger airports than the Turks. All this will be very new to the Turkish pax, longer lines at checkin/security/passport/taxi/bathroom..., walking half a mile to get to your gate, 1/2 hour taxi times, missing connections...... in general; the size of this huge airport will have unexpected results.

It is not only distance, main problem lies in pax routing. As you can see most of TK flights many wheelchairs, families with 3-4 children, oversized/overweighted cabin bags. I ever see people trying get into plane with pushed stuff into grocery bags. With all combined, deplane will be disaster for sure. Design looks beautiful at most areas but I am not sure will work with TK pax profile.

peterinlisbon

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:48 pm

I was there a few days ago and they still haven't finished the lifts or most of the car parks. There are huge gaping holes in the floor where the lifts are supposed to be with a drop of about 8 floors - perfect for toddlers and old people. Of the car rental companies, only one (Avis) has a sign up but nothing else and the rest of the car rental offices are totally empty with no fittings, let alone equipment. They are still putting in electrical systems, flooring and wall panels. Yet supposedly in 13 days TK along with all of the airlines at Ataturk will transfer their entire operation across. My prediction: either they'll abort at the last minute or there will be absolute chaos like nobody's ever seen before.

MeCe

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:27 pm

And whole operations postponed to March 2019. I still expect another postpone to May 2019.

aldrigsomandre

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:30 pm

March 2020 would have been better. Why the rush?

HeyTK

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:33 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:

TK needs to grow but they can't with the current operational limit on the current airport, this causes al sort of issues in itself.

aldrigsomandre

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:38 pm

HeyTK wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:

TK needs to grow but they can't with the current operational limit on the current airport, this causes al sort of issues in itself.

Is it worth the loss of prestige that TK would have suffered due to the operational unpreparedness of the new airport? Clearly, the new airport is not ready for a full scale TK presence.

Sooner787

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:44 pm

What will open first, the new Istanbul airport or the new Tottenham Stadium ? :)

HeyTK

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:46 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
HeyTK wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:

Is it worth the loss of prestige that TK would have suffered due to the operational unpreparedness of the new airport? Clearly, the new airport is not ready for a full scale TK presence.

I agree, which is why I am relieved that they made this last call decision but I also understand why this move is highly anticipated. So lets hope they are ready in 3 months.

aldrigsomandre

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:05 pm

HeyTK wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
HeyTK wrote:

I agree, which is why I am relieved that they made this last call decision but I also understand why this move is highly anticipated. So lets hope they are ready in 3 months.

I just flew through the new airport out of curiosity, looking at it from an engineering perspective, they need at least a year before they sort everything out. I understand that some Turkish users of this forum are eager to put things in a good light, but, safety comes first.

lightsaber

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:40 pm

peterinlisbon wrote:
I was there a few days ago and they still haven't finished the lifts or most of the car parks. There are huge gaping holes in the floor where the lifts are supposed to be with a drop of about 8 floors - perfect for toddlers and old people. Of the car rental companies, only one (Avis) has a sign up but nothing else and the rest of the car rental offices are totally empty with no fittings, let alone equipment. They are still putting in electrical systems, flooring and wall panels. Yet supposedly in 13 days TK along with all of the airlines at Ataturk will transfer their entire operation across. My prediction: either they'll abort at the last minute or there will be absolute chaos like nobody's ever seen before.

Wow... Some questions:

Are the missing Elevators far enough back to be part of a 2nd phase opening (or 1A or however we want to call it)?

I would expect some electrical work, but to what and where?

13 days out should be in the middle of testing/fixing. e.g., bring in 12,000 or so college kids and give them debit cards to buy food/drink and start going:

All check in (simulated) in mass.
Go to a gate and board a couple of planes, but test out food service, restrooms, elevators/escalators, on the way. Do everything to prep the plane.
Taxi to another gate and unload. Have the students and there luggage make a connection in simulated time.
Repeat until opening day check-in, gates, customs, lifts, elevators, and restrooms are tried.

Fix the issues.

It really sounds like March is realistic.

This airport is a great piece of engineering, but concept isn't reality.

I'm in aerospace testing, so I'm biased that way. ;)

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

uzzzer

Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:28 am

The road signs leading to the airport show that there will be a dedicated entrance through CIP lounges (at least to the one in the G concourse). However, the dedicated entrance is only accessible by cars. Public transport (numerous HavaIst, H4 buses) must take a different route to access the terminal, as there is no convenient access from the CIP on the ground level to the departures two levels up.

Is the airport planned under the assumption that business/gold passengers do not use public transport?

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:26 pm

uzzzer wrote:

Is the airport planned under the assumption that business/gold passengers do not use public transport?

I do not know the answer, but at SAW; I take public transport to the airport. There, every 15 min a special van takes pax to Domestic Lounge which you can't get to by walking. From the lounge, again they take us with vans to departing airplanes.
At current IST, different situation, you can only take taxi, private car to Domestic Lounge, or you can take public transportation to the terminal and walk to the lounge.
AFAIK, the International Lounge at the new airport will be inside the main terminal.

FriscoHeavy

Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:24 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
HeyTK wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:

I just flew through the new airport out of curiosity, looking at it from an engineering perspective, they need at least a year before they sort everything out. I understand that some Turkish users of this forum are eager to put things in a good light, but, safety comes first.

Everything in the name of ‘safety’ can be much overused. Many times, it’s taken way too far.
Whatever

mafaky

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:13 am

uzzzer wrote:
The road signs leading to the airport show that there will be a dedicated entrance through CIP lounges (at least to the one in the G concourse). However, the dedicated entrance is only accessible by cars. Public transport (numerous HavaIst, H4 buses) must take a different route to access the terminal, as there is no convenient access from the CIP on the ground level to the departures two levels up.

I think the Domestic TK Lounges in G-Gates Pier, will be the only ones that will be accessible from "the outside, by cars". If you are not coming by your car but still will be eligible to enter those lounges, you'll have to use the normal way. I also think (but I am not so sure) that you can park your car at that area for a long period, as I heard that there's some valet service around. There is (should be) security screening at that external CIP entrance and there also should be a boarding desk but I'm not so sure if you can also check in any luggage. Probably only CIP Pax with hand luggages can use this alternative???

The advantage seems to be a faster entrance to the CIP Lounge(s) and possibly a single security screening.

I think this facility is not IGA's own planning and decision; it probably originated at TK and somehow imposed to IGA. In fact, TK has adopted exactly the same infrastructure, as they have at current IST (Ataturk AP) for the Domestic Lounges.

This kind of quick-entry facility will be limited only to TK's domestic pax. There will be a multitude of CIP Lounges (TK's and other airlines') for the International Departures but all will be located inside the Main Terminal Body (these Domestic ones are the only ones located on the 1st level of G-Gates Pier, same level as the tarmac; i.e. the "ground level"), in the bonded zone so their entrances will be the normal way.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

mafaky

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:29 am

TK787 wrote:
I do not know the answer, but at SAW; I take public transport to the airport. There, every 15 min a special van takes pax to Domestic Lounge which you can't get to by walking. From the lounge, again they take us with vans to departing airplanes.
At current IST, different situation, you can only take taxi, private car to Domestic Lounge, or you can take public transportation to the terminal and walk to the lounge.

So at SAW you can only access TK's Domestic CIP Lounge by riding those vans. At current IST (Ataturk AP), you can also enter the lounges from "an outside access" or reach these by walking thru the Domestic Terminal. But what about security screening (once or twice???), getting your boarding card and checking in any luggage??

I guess, the current practice at ISL is pretty much the same as in current IST, for TK Domestic Lounge and eligible pax. Here (at IST) you can be ferried to your flight either minivans or you can go out, enter the departure gates area and board yor flight using the jetways.

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:29 pm

mafaky wrote:
TK787 wrote:

So at SAW you can only access TK's Domestic CIP Lounge by riding those vans. At current IST (Ataturk AP), you can also enter the lounges from "an outside access" or reach these by walking thru the Domestic Terminal. But what about security screening (once or twice???), getting your boarding card and checking in any luggage??

I guess, the current practice at ISL is pretty much the same as in current IST, for TK Domestic Lounge and eligible pax. Here (at IST) you can be ferried to your flight either minivans or you can go out, enter the departure gates area and board yor flight using the jetways.

-at SAW; AFAIK, TK has few lounges and the TK Domestic Lounge I know, I was able to walk from the main terminal. First I take public transportation, then walk outside the terminal, through some parking lot about 10 min South and enter the lounge. It is the old terminal so, only TK lounge with security/checkin/luggage dropping and all. I think there is another one inside the terminal but I do what I've been doing for years and never asked the location of other lounge. Also you can get dropped off by car/taxi, there. Because of the new subway construction walking paths have been blocked for few years now. In short, at SAW; there is a TK lounge for International pax inside the terminal and there is Domestic Lounge in an adjacent building, you can not walk to from the main terminal.

mafaky

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:47 am

In the recent opening ceremony of Uni-Free Duty-Free Stores complex in (New) Istanbul Airport's Terminal, GM of DHMI, Ms. Funda Ocak declared that the big bang relocation of Atatürk Airport will be finalised by 3rd March 2019, and from this date onwards all commercial passenger flights will be made from the New Istanbul Airport. Ataturk Airport will still be functional for the all cargo flights (for some period of time), MRO facilities of THY & OnurAir (possibly for a longer period of time), most (if not all) General Aviation operations for Istanbul's European side and will also host several annual aviation related trade shows and similar events. Also, DHMI's ATC Center will still remain at Ataturk AP till 2022-2023. She made no specific reference about the conversion of Ataturk AP to "people's park", "aviation university" or the like. She mentioned, the long-awaited relocation was a bit delayed till March, for eliminating any adverse effects due to winter weather. 

Here's the link in Turkish:
http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/ekonomi/son- ... u-41083436

DUSZRH

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:31 pm

FriscoHeavy wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
HeyTK wrote:

Everything in the name of ‘safety’ can be much overused. Many times, it’s taken way too far.

In Turkey, one has to be a bit sceptical as safety can be overwritten for political reasons. It was reported that a major contributor to the fatal train accident on the new high speed line to Ankara was missing (some) signalisation. (They wanted to open the line before the general election, but the signalisation was not yet ready, but opened nonetheless).

Cathay777300ER

Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Turkish Airlines is theoretically going to move over to Istanbul New Airport on March 3. There hasn't been much news since then. Does anyone know if that will happen?

aldrigsomandre

Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:16 pm

Cathay777300ER wrote:
Turkish Airlines is theoretically going to move over to Istanbul New Airport on March 3. There hasn't been much news since then. Does anyone know if that will happen?

It won't happen.

Solidus

Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:37 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
Cathay777300ER wrote:

It won't happen.

There is no official confirmation of delay...

mict

Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:10 pm

Solidus wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
Cathay777300ER wrote:

It won't happen.

There is no official confirmation of delay...

Yes there is kinda. TK pushed their current IST airport schedule up to April 5th. They also added 4 (I think) new destinations/flights from new airport starting soon.
So next tentative move date is on April 5th.

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:43 pm

Here is the confirmation about the new moving date, April 5-6th and to be completed by April 6th, end of day:
http://www.kokpit.aero/7-nisan-istanbul-havalimani
This gives everyone an extra 5 weeks and favorable weather conditions.

lightsaber

Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:04 pm

TK787 wrote:
Here is the confirmation about the new moving date, April 5-6th and to be completed by April 6th, end of day:

And avoids 4/1 day. ;)

What is the prognosis for a move this time? Moving a little every time has gotten me jaded.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:08 pm

lightsaber wrote:
TK787 wrote:

And avoids 4/1 day. ;)

What is the prognosis for a move this time? Moving a little every time has gotten me jaded.

Lightsaber

I hope it happens this time, otherwise they have to push it after the busy summer season to Oct-Nov.
I think it is a combination of many issues, but mainly TK does not feel comfortable. TK lounge and few other components are not ready. Technic and Cargo will also be at Ataturk for sometime.
Stores are not ready, Food options are limited at the moment.
TK hasn't even based one single wide body there yet. Some gates haven't been tested yet.
A big airport, a big headache :(

VanBosch

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:09 pm

Looking at going to Tblisi in Oct, TK have the best schedule but I really don’t want to transit in Atatürk. I assume October will be safe - do you think if it doesn’t move in April they will wait until after the summer?

aldrigsomandre

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:19 pm

TK787 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
TK787 wrote:

And avoids 4/1 day. ;)

Lightsaber

I hope it happens this time, otherwise they have to push it after the busy summer season to Oct-Nov.

Flew to the airport for the second time now, I hope it DOES NOT happen this time. The airport is definitely not ready.

stylo777

Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:23 pm

Read the whole AIC and don't remember seeing one as detailed as this one before. Seems like they are serious this time.
They probably wanted to move with the IATA winter-summer timetable change, but two crucial factors prevented choosing that weekend (30/31 March): 1.) the timetable change itself and 2) local elections on 31Mar in Turkey.

Eurowingsa320

Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:22 pm

TK787 wrote:

Do you know if this effects the move date for other airlines that have there schedule change for March e.g BA,6E.

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Eurowingsa320 wrote:

Do you know if this effects the move date for other airlines that have there schedule change for March e.g BA,6E.

This move date is for all airlines. AFAIK, no one is supposed to move before TK.

AngMoh

Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:52 pm

TK787 wrote:
I think it is a combination of many issues, but mainly TK does not feel comfortable. TK lounge and few other components are not ready. Technic and Cargo will also be at Ataturk for sometime.
TK hasn't even based one single wide body there yet. Some gates haven't been tested yet.

This does not sound like an airport which is ready to be moved in. I would expect at least 3 months of test flights after everything is completed to make sure it really works and 6 months to a year would be better.
727 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 739ER 742 743 744 752 753 762 772 77E 773 77W 788 A300 A310 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 A345 A346 A359 A35K A388 DC-9 DC-10 MD11 MD81 MD82 MD87 F70 ERJ145 E170 E175 E190 E195 ATR72 Q400 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 BAE146 RJ85

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:03 am

AngMoh wrote:
This does not sound like an airport which is ready to be moved in. I would expect at least 3 months of test flights after everything is completed to make sure it really works and 6 months to a year would be better.

FYI, the airport had a soft opening and TK has been serving some Domestic and International destinations. So far over 1900 flights and over 240,000 pax used the airport.

mafaky

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:33 pm

TK787 wrote:

I honestly suspect that June 5-6 big movement and June 7 alles-Istanbul Airport saga will be accomplished, mainly due to TK. The missing/unfinished things inside the terminal will probably be settled by that date. But the fact is that TK will be at Istanbul Airport with all its armada of 250+ planes that will be based there. I guess you all agree on that issue.

By that date, the new and biiig Turkish Do&Co catering facility will not be completed. That's 100% granted. Everything has to be carried from the existing facility at Ataturk AP. Big trouble, big expense, big mistake.

But there comes the worse: TK is building its dedicated Operations Center at Istanbul Airport and this is located in a totally separate building; not inside the Terminal. (At AHL, the current Ops-Center is located inside the International Terminal and has become a real congested facility due to limited space available and the awfully big growth of TK's fleet...) This Ops-Center is the "brain" center and houses many different departments as well as tons of computers and a highly dedicated network. For the moment, TK has around 40 daily flights departing and arriving at ISL and has based only 7 planes (3 or 4 of those don't even "sleep" at ISL),so they squeezed in a miniature Ops-Center inside the Terminal. But if and when these 250+ planes armada move out to ISL, how and where TK will manage this Ops-Center until thire new building will be ready? I guess somewhere inside the the Terminal, in a somewhat bigger quarters and then they will carry all their infrastructure to the new building when its time comes and hopefully without any mishaps! :? :shock: :o

mafaky

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:08 am

For those interested in finer details about the New Istanbul Airport ops and its near future developments, pls. also refer to the other thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1379061#p21132141

Why don'y you other guys contribute also to this dedicated thread, for issues directly/only related to the New Istanbul Airport!

Solidus

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:54 am

From my point of view, it is very unprofessional that we know about delays from unofficial sources, rather than official web-site or TK newsletter. Attempt to cover unfinished points by creating uncertainty is not good approach.

debonair

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:27 am

MeCe wrote:
I heard TK has some concerns about connecting time

Hello, any news about the MCT Minimum Connecting Time at the airport?
I have booked flights with TK last year - but now TK is no longer selling these tickets, which worries me a lot! :cry2:

VanBosch

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:50 pm

According to Wiki, BA and Qatar are moving on March 3rd. Assume this is rubbish? BA did cancel their flights on Mar 1 & 2 to plan for the move. Assume they will have to cancel again on the two days prior to the April scheduled date.

Solidus

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:07 pm

I am really hope that everyone properly informed

lightsaber

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:15 pm

Solidus wrote:
From my point of view, it is very unprofessional that we know about delays from unofficial sources, rather than official web-site or TK newsletter. Attempt to cover unfinished points by creating uncertainty is not good approach.

As much as I would like to see the move earlier rather than later, one of my contacts who knows construction is saying June. I have no clue if his estimate is accurate, but he just came back from Istanbul, although this project is staffed with more people than his projects by a wee bit. ;)

Lightsaber

THS214

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:59 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Solidus wrote:

As much as I would like to see the move earlier rather than later, one of my contacts who knows construction is saying June. I have no clue if his estimate is accurate, but he just came back from Istanbul, although this project is staffed with more people than his projects by a wee bit. ;)

Lightsaber

Considering all the delays and it will be no earlier than September. Whit the resent pace and pictures and what I know about construction, early next year is a lucky guess.

Solidus

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:30 pm

THS214 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Solidus wrote:

Lightsaber

Considering all the delays and it will be no earlier than September. Whit the resent pace and pictures and what I know about construction, early next year is a lucky guess.

I think end of April / Middle of May is more realistic, situation is not so bad. More flights for testing during March and more time for finishing glance - 1.5 month should be enough.

mafaky

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:33 am

VanBosch wrote:
According to Wiki, BA and Qatar are moving on March 3rd. Assume this is rubbish? BA did cancel their flights on Mar 1 & 2 to plan for the move. Assume they will have to cancel again on the two days prior to the April scheduled date.

From some "insider information" I know that BA follows according to the book. They trusted Turkish Authorities for the March 1st & 2nd Movement Plan and cancelled their flights on those respective dates! And when this was further postponed with a rather late announced NOTAM, they didn't mind to re-establish those flights (or maybe their system cannot cope with such last minute notices promptly!...) for those 2 days. It looks quite probable that it may happen again for the beginning of April; wonder how they will react this time!... :!: :?: :banghead:

VanBosch

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:58 pm

They look to be less trusting this time, flights on sale for every day at the start of April.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos