loisencroach
Topic Author

Odds of SY Returning to STS Fall/Winter 2018

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:29 pm

The flights for 2017 started August 24. All SY flights for 2018 are loaded until early August 2018 so we'll have to see if they load them later in the month.

With Jude Bricker transforming SY into a ULCC I'm wondering if this will be the only season that we'll see SY at STS. Thoughts?

sunking737

Re: Odds of SY Returning to STS Fall/Winter 2018

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 pm

I have heard no word on any ULCC flights here in MN so far. I think they are working hard on trying to figure out what flights they want to do.
"Don't believe it unless its parked on the ramp, or printed in the schedule...SUBJECT TO CHANGE"

I'm a SUNDUCK......Worked for RC & SY @ MSP

Q

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Remember that.. Santa Rosa, CA had fire part of town burned down last late summer. It's hard to time with economy in this town. Long time road recovery town to rebuilt.

Q

klakzky123

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:23 pm

I feel like nothing is safe with SY at this point. They're re-evaluating the entire business so who knows what routes will stick around.

SteveXC500

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:11 am

SY has already created and will implement their baggage policy in January. That said, here in MN, I do not believe any fare structure has changed on existing routes. I would say it is mainly business as usual, but to the earlier point, a lot is unknown for their future here.

wedgetail737

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:44 am

Does anyone know how well or unwell SY did on their current service?

bohica

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:16 am

wedgetail737 wrote:

It doesn't really matter how they did going to STS. They flew to STS to position a plane to do college football charters for colleges in the Pacific region. The planes had to be repositioned to/from MSP anyway so it only made sense to sell seats on those flights. The biggest question is how well they did on the football charters. If they were profitable, you may see them back in STS next year. That may also depend on SY's revamped business plan and post-fire STS as other posters have mentioned.

lavalampluva

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:57 am

bohica wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

It doesn't really matter how they did going to STS. They flew to STS to position a plane to do college football charters for colleges in the Pacific region. The planes had to be repositioned to/from MSP anyway so it only made sense to sell seats on those flights. The biggest question is how well they did on the football charters. If they were profitable, you may see them back in STS next year. That may also depend on SY's revamped business plan and post-fire STS as other posters have mentioned.

If they don't return to STS they could do the same with other airports in the region. SBA would be a good option.
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.

loisencroach
Topic Author

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:06 am

lavalampluva wrote:
bohica wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

If they don't return to STS they could do the same with other airports in the region. SBA would be a good option.

I was thinking the same thing. Or Reno/Tahoe.

loisencroach
Topic Author

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:09 am

loisencroach wrote:
lavalampluva wrote:
bohica wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.....or Reno/Tahoe. The fires mostly had an impact on residential areas and a few wineries. The big name vintners were unaffected and tourism shouldn't take much of a percentage hit.

wedgetail737

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:33 am

SY picked STS in 2017 for some reason. It didn't just happen as an idea out of someone's butt. They could have done the same thing out of SFO, SJC, LAX, SAN or any major city.

lavalampluva

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:55 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
SY picked STS in 2017 for some reason. It didn't just happen as an idea out of someone's butt. They could have done the same thing out of SFO, SJC, LAX, SAN or any major city.

I'm sure they chose it because it's wine country, but not sure what's all left. Maybe enough to still draw pax.
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos