cvgComair

Re: OAG Changes 11/26/2017: AA Adds CLT-BGR, DFW-OAK, ORD-CHS, PHX-AMA/OKC

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:10 am

Osubuckeyes wrote:
michman wrote:
seatback wrote:
Indy gets four dailies from PHX but CVG can't get even one on AA?

People really need to stop hyperventilating over this. It just a seasonal bump-up for spring training/spring break travel. After March, it goes back down to two flights a day. Even during the schedule bump-up in March, it's not 4 flights every day.

This is a fair point, but my counter point would be CVG & CLE both have MLB teams that train in PHX versus IND, which doesn't have a MLB team. It is very surprising to me that DL or AA isn't at least spring seasonal on CVG-PHX, and it is more baffling to me that AA can't pull off 1x to PHX-CLE compared to their schedule in similar markets (PIT, IND, CMH).

It was Spring seasonal from CVG until 2015 maybe, then DL pulled it. Last year a DL rep said they were looking at adding back the route for March training if there was enough demand, but it never happend. With DL upgauging CVG-DEN/LAS again, I am hopeful they will bring PHX back next spring.

CHI2DFW

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:49 am

DFW-MYR seasonal is being added
ORD-MYR seasonal is being added
ORD-BGR seasonal is being added

Also, check out the updated March Schedule. AA has two 788s and 1 789 on DFW-ORD! Looking forward to my March flight!

enilria
Topic Author

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:11 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
enilria wrote:
Flighty wrote:
A substantial set of adds from American Airlines. Enilria, thanks for the update. And I just figured out what your screen name means. :D

LOL. Takes people some time. :)

After this, I started trying to figure out what enilria means. I was just about to give up and ask. Then it clicked and I finally got it.

The Burlington Railroad (CB&Q) once had a train from Chicago to Lincoln called the Aksarben Zephyr too. I wonder how many people figured that one out.

Yes, I was born of Aksarben!

Dominion301

Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
FSDan wrote:
enilria wrote:
*AA CLT-SJC MAY 0>0.9 JUN 0>1.0 JUL 0>1.0 AUG 0>1.0
*AA DCA-ACK JUL 0>1.7 AUG 0>1.7
*AA DCA-MVY JUL 0>1.3 AUG 0>1.3
*AA DFW-TVC JUN 0>0.8 JUL 0>1.0
*AA PHL-PDX JUN 0>0.8 JUL 0>1.0 AUG 0>1.0
*AA PHL-SLC JUN 0>0.8 JUL 0>1.0 AUG 0>1.0
*AA PHL-YQB JUN 0>0.8 JUL 0>1.0 AUG 0>1.0
*AA PHX-JAC JUN 0>0.8 JUL 0>1.0

I believe the above are all resumptions of previous summer-seasonal service. Maybe one or two at higher frequencies for S18, but overall pretty similar.

It's good to see PHX-OKC as that was a gaping hole in AA's PHX network. PHX-AMA makes sense too given that PHX-LBB and PHX-MAF were both started recently - they must be meeting or exceeding expectations. A return to DFW-OAK and new ORD-CHS service both seem like good adds as well. It seems like a matter of time before the BOS point-to-point flying is gone.

PHL-YQB is a resumption of service after discontinuing the route in 2016. Looks like they're back for the peak summer season.

Actually it looks like PHL-YQB remained seasonal event this past summer, based on this just announced AA 'expansion' of service to Canada (pretty much a reinstatement of cuts from the past couple of years): https://www.morningstar.com/news/market ... -2018.html. According to this, PHL-YQB's season is being extended until November.

In addition, AA are returning to YVR-ORD year-round, YYC-ORD seasonally, are finally adding back a 3rd daily on YOW-PHL, are 'adding' (i.e. are reversing the recently cut 5th daily YYZ-LGA with two flights upgauged to E75s and a 3rd daily YYZ-DCA.

With AC's transborder expansion (being talked about in the other thread) that for the first time in ages includes something not involving a hub (i.e. YEG-SFO), maybe the hemorrhaging of transborder traffic at non-hub airports is finally coming to an end.

AirFiero

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:23 pm

enilria wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
enilria wrote:

*AA CLT-SJC MAY 0>0.9 JUN 0>1.0 JUL 0>1.0 AUG 0>1.0

Has this been tried before? And is it planned as summer seasonal only? Seems like it should do well.

I believe it is just a seasonal resumption. I don't know how many years it has been around, but probably post-oil price drop.

Yes, this is a resumption of seasonal service. It would be, I believe, the third summer in a row.

The flight this year was supposed to end in August, but I saw it was bookable all the way into October.

phxsanslcpdx

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:05 am

jetmatt777 wrote:
I don't see WN throwing a fit over these AA adds. WN competes directly with AA on DFW/DAL and ORD/MDW already. WN likely understands that PHX-OKC isn't a market one would start a fare war on over 1 RJ that will likely only market to connecting traffic and some small O&D on the PHX end. Not worth trashing your own yields for 70 seats that will be west coast connections and O&D which is likely AA loyalists anyway.

I agree that WN is unlikely to start a fare war over OKC... just as AA refrained from retaliating when WN announced seasonal DSM service. I think part of the dynamic that makes PHX work for both airlines is that they compete effectively on many routes (not just Dallas and Chicago--both serve many of the same destinations nonstop from PHX), but also allow each other some space and avoid costly escalation. I'd expect them both to continue gradually expanding their footprints in PHX, warily coexisting.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos