EddieDude

Re: Level to launch 5 new destinations and also a new ORY base next S18.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:35 pm

It is such a pity that OpenSkies is being shut down. I thought they were looking at adding more 767s or even some Dreamliners to the OpenSkies fleet. I flew ORY-EWR in Premium Plus or whatever they call their premium economy (it was actually domestic first kind of seats, only a bit better, in a 2-2 layout in the 752) back in 2011 and while it was indeed quite pricey (I booked late and it was a one-way), I found the hard and the soft products to be awesome.
Upcoming flights:
May: AM MEX-CUN 73H (Y), AM CUN-MEX 73W (Y).
August: KL MEX-AMS 74M (J), KQ AMS-NBO 788 (J).

zkojq

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:51 am

Aisak wrote:
    zkojq wrote:
    So Level flights operate with Iberia crews (same labour costs), Iberia purchased aircraft (same finance costs) but with Level sold/marketed tickets (much lower yield).

How can you be so sure about that statement? Level flights do operate with Iberia crews but i'm curious to know where have you seen those costs in their financial reports.
    A crew member based in BCN does not have to **cost** the same than a crew member based in MAD.

Since when did Iberia have a long haul crew base at BCN?
    First to fly the 787-9

albertocsc

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:25 am

zkojq wrote:
    Since when did Iberia have a long haul crew base at BCN?

Since Iberia was chosen to operate Level flights

SpaceshipDC10

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:43 am

French weekly magazine is reporting about Level's start up from ORY. It mentions prices one will have to pay to get coffee, meal, internet...

Checked luggage, minimum 40 euros; 3,50 for coffe; 6,50 for gin tonic; internet in Y: 8,99; hot meal: 35 euros. For such price, the coffee better be good!

https://lexpansion.lexpress.fr/actualit ... 65145.html

jerseyewr777

Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:44 am

I saw a few articles mentioning LEVEL & cargo. I'm assuming they will take over not only the route but the cargo contract at EWR as well.

https://beta.iagcargo.com/en/page/press/openskies_en

aemoreira1981

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:03 am

EddieDude wrote:
    It is such a pity that OpenSkies is being shut down. I thought they were looking at adding more 767s or even some Dreamliners to the OpenSkies fleet. I flew ORY-EWR in Premium Plus or whatever they call their premium economy (it was actually domestic first kind of seats, only a bit better, in a 2-2 layout in the 752) back in 2011 and while it was indeed quite pricey (I booked late and it was a one-way), I found the hard and the soft products to be awesome.

The OpenSkies fleet is old as heck though...except for the owned 757, by the time LEVEL takes over, one will have a 757 and 767 that are each 28 years old, and another 757 that is 27 years old. The 757s probably have value as freighters, but I expect the 767 to be retired and parted out. This is where an A321LR could work to and from JFK...perhaps in a W pattern, SNN-JFK-ORY-JFK-SNN. Now, as for the slots at EWR since ORY service would reduce from 7 to 4 weekly...BCN 3x weekly?

jerseyewr777

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:52 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
    EddieDude wrote:

The OpenSkies fleet is old as heck though...except for the owned 757, by the time LEVEL takes over, one will have a 757 and 767 that are each 28 years old, and another 757 that is 27 years old. The 757s probably have value as freighters, but I expect the 767 to be retired and parted out. This is where an A321LR could work to and from JFK...perhaps in a W pattern, SNN-JFK-ORY-JFK-SNN. Now, as for the slots at EWR since ORY service would reduce from 7 to 4 weekly...BCN 3x weekly?

I'm betting you are on the money. BCN-EWR 3x weekly & my guess here is the other will be BCN-FLL 2x weekly are the next announced routes.

A380MSN004

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:35 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
    EddieDude wrote:

The fact that Open Skies is shut down at ORY makes "La Compagnie" and their Business Class Only 757s (and in the near future 321neo) the only Biz only operator acft between Paris and New York.

Egerton

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:02 am

jerseyewr777 wrote:
    I saw a few articles mentioning LEVEL & cargo. I'm assuming they will take over not only the route but the cargo contract at EWR as well.

https://beta.iagcargo.com/en/page/press/openskies_en

An interesting question. I don't know the answer.

I assume that with new A330-200s, LEVEL will have spare weight carrying capacity on all but their longest routes, but spare volume capacity? I also assume that passenger baggage is in containers not bulk loaded? Given these are good, then it is about economics and widening the reach of IAG Cargo? The issues are yield versus cost. The answers may be different on each route, and for high and low frequencies.

At least Open Skies with know the economics of their year-old cargo operation with a wide body. LEVEL will know their spare hold capacity on Barcelona routes. Work in progress?

Andy33

Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:09 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
    Now, as for the slots at EWR since ORY service would reduce from 7 to 4 weekly...BCN 3x weekly?

But EWR is no longer slot controlled,surely? Now finding a gate, that's another matter.

goldorak

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:16 pm

A380MSN004 wrote:
    The fact that Open Skies is shut down at ORY makes "La Compagnie" and their Business Class Only 757s (and in the near future 321neo) the only Biz only operator acft between Paris and New York.

Maybe but they are still bleeding money and will likely never earn some before the shareholders finally decide to pull the plug.

thepinkmachine

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:10 pm

Found the following statement on the Flylevel website:

“LEVEL is an IAG trademark. Flights sold under the LEVEL name are operated by Iberia and OpenSkies and are subject to their conditions of carriage.”

It kinda confirms that ORY flights will be operated under Open Skies AOC
    "Tell my wife I am trawling Atlantis - and I still have my hands on the wheel…"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos