Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
 
F100Flyer
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:29 am

qf789 wrote:
waoz1 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

No its not EK


Well that only really leaves Etihad and Qatar..... wasnt there something a few months back about Etihad going to a 777? My money would be on them.


No not Etihad either though it is the other ME3 carrier. Though I have my doubts of this rumour coming true after all this is QR we are talking about who chop and change their minds I also think their is some merit behind it. Firstly if EY does upgrade PER to 77W I imagine QR will want to defend their share in the market and secondly if the bilateral stays as is, the only way is increasing existing routes. QR still has 3 more A388's to be delivered as well.


So let's say QR are going to upgauge to the A380... what gate is it going to use? The EK A380 is on the ground at the same time, unless I'm missing that PER now has two A380 capable gates?
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:03 am

F100Flyer wrote:
qf789 wrote:
waoz1 wrote:

Well that only really leaves Etihad and Qatar..... wasnt there something a few months back about Etihad going to a 777? My money would be on them.


No not Etihad either though it is the other ME3 carrier. Though I have my doubts of this rumour coming true after all this is QR we are talking about who chop and change their minds I also think their is some merit behind it. Firstly if EY does upgrade PER to 77W I imagine QR will want to defend their share in the market and secondly if the bilateral stays as is, the only way is increasing existing routes. QR still has 3 more A388's to be delivered as well.


So let's say QR are going to upgauge to the A380... what gate is it going to use? The EK A380 is on the ground at the same time, unless I'm missing that PER now has two A380 capable gates?


Both gates 50 and 51 are A380 capable at T1
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:02 am

Air North to operate non stop DRW-BME in NS18, 2-3 weekly

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-in-ns18/
Forum Moderator
 
USAOZ
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:34 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:15 pm

qf789 wrote:
USAOZ wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Indeed. I was at PER last night and when I walked past the check in for MH the flight looked pretty full. Also MH has been on record on saying they wanted to increase services to PER so its not really a surprise.
we're into the 3rd week of 10 weeks of school holidays. Any airline not full at present should give up


Utter rubbish, school does not break up until tomorrow here in WA
who is talking about state schools in wa
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:31 pm

USAOZ wrote:
qf789 wrote:
USAOZ wrote:
we're into the 3rd week of 10 weeks of school holidays. Any airline not full at present should give up


Utter rubbish, school does not break up until tomorrow here in WA
who is talking about state schools in wa


Don't change the subject like you normally do. We were talking about a flight leaving PER then you chimed in stating we are into the 3rd week of school holidays which is factually incorrect. Given that the majority of students attend public schools , schools do not break up until tomorrow and that is a fact
Forum Moderator
 
USAOZ
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:34 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 pm

qf789 wrote:
USAOZ wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Utter rubbish, school does not break up until tomorrow here in WA
who is talking about state schools in wa


Don't change the subject like you normally do. We were talking about a flight leaving PER then you chimed in stating we are into the 3rd week of school holidays which is factually incorrect. Given that the majority of students attend public schools , schools do not break up until tomorrow and that is a fact
no many schools around the country have been on holidays for 2 weeks or more. Check your facts
 
User avatar
VirginFlyer
Posts: 5602
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2000 12:27 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:02 pm

USAOZ wrote:
qf789 wrote:
USAOZ wrote:
who is talking about state schools in wa


Don't change the subject like you normally do. We were talking about a flight leaving PER then you chimed in stating we are into the 3rd week of school holidays which is factually incorrect. Given that the majority of students attend public schools , schools do not break up until tomorrow and that is a fact
no many schools around the country have been on holidays for 2 weeks or more. Check your facts

Which schools, specifically?

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:08 pm

USAOZ wrote:
qf789 wrote:
USAOZ wrote:
who is talking about state schools in wa


Don't change the subject like you normally do. We were talking about a flight leaving PER then you chimed in stating we are into the 3rd week of school holidays which is factually incorrect. Given that the majority of students attend public schools , schools do not break up until tomorrow and that is a fact
no many schools around the country have been on holidays for 2 weeks or more. Check your facts


As i stated twice before we were talking about MH increasing PER. I was speaking in regards of WA schools, after you made a comment stating we are 3 weeks into a 10 week holiday which is not the case here in WA, refer to https://www.education.wa.edu.au/web/at- ... term-dates What schools are doing around the country is irrelevant to MH increasing PER, end of discussion
Forum Moderator
 
Qantas16
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:51 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:17 pm

VH-QPD has just left SYD operating the inaugural QF33 SYD-KIX flight. Seems to be a mix of A333 and A332 operating the route for the next few flights - similar to SYD-PEK.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... -take-off/

There have been rumours on another forum of an imminent BNE-KIX announcement though I am skeptical. I would have thought more likely to see service ex-SYD to FUK/CTS or NGO. Alternatively, JQ launches another service ex-CNS - they are running tight with aircraft though so doubtful that would happen either.
 
log0008
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:17 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:30 pm

Most private and many secondary schools here in Vic break up early, starting in the first week of December
 
Qantas16
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:51 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:42 pm

log0008 wrote:
Most private and many secondary schools here in Vic break up early, starting in the first week of December


The total number of Victorian school children travelling on MH's PER-KUL flight would be roughly equal to zero.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:31 am

VA begins offering passenger WIFI on selected flights to the US, VH-VPE is the 77W currently fitted with it

https://www.ausbt.com.au/virgin-austral ... ource=hero
Forum Moderator
 
log0008
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:17 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:58 am

Qantas16 wrote:
log0008 wrote:
Most private and many secondary schools here in Vic break up early, starting in the first week of December


The total number of Victorian school children travelling on MH's PER-KUL flight would be roughly equal to zero.


I get that BUT my point is just because term officially ends on such a day many schools finish early and that goes for all states
 
waoz1
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:31 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 am

log0008 wrote:
Qantas16 wrote:
log0008 wrote:
Most private and many secondary schools here in Vic break up early, starting in the first week of December


The total number of Victorian school children travelling on MH's PER-KUL flight would be roughly equal to zero.


I get that BUT my point is just because term officially ends on such a day many schools finish early and that goes for all states


Some do, but not all. Still doesn't make any difference MH are still increasing flights over time to 12 per week and thats out of school holidays. So really the whole argument doesn't mean much. So it does assume they are busy regardless if its holidays or not.
 
Qantas16
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:51 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:34 am

Qantas will swing its Airbus A380 onto the Sydney-Singapore route from March 4, 2018, ahead of the route becoming the first leg of the Sydney-London superjumbo service from March 25 when Qantas ditches its Dubai stopover.

The daily QF81/QF82 Sydney-Singapore service will step up from Airbus A330 to the double-decker A380 – replete with first class suites and premium economy seats, albeit an inferior business class experience than the A330 – between March 4 and March 24.

But all those extra seats come at a cost: during that three week period, the daily QF5/QF6 Sydney-Singapore Airbus A330 service will be trimmed back to just four times a week on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

Then, from March 25 2018, QF81/QF82 will revert being a daily Airbus A330 flight and the QF5/QF6 flights will be reassigned as Qantas' flagship QF1/QF2 for the Sydney-Singapore-London route.

There are other Singapore shuffles rippling through the Qantas network, too.

Perth-Singapore will get year-round double daily flights from April 8, 2018 – look for the new flight numbers QF77/QF78, but don't look for anything fancier than the Boeing 737 which already runs daily as QF71/QF72. This boost comes as Jetstar Asia discontinues its daily Airbus A320 Perth-Singapore service.

Also, from 25 March, 2018, the Roo's low-cost sibling Jetstar will cut its Melbourne-Singapore services from five per week to twice weekly


Soure: https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-airbus- ... rch-4-2018

A few interesting things, to summarise:
-A380 on SYD-SIN earlier than the DXB/SIN changover
-Double daily year round PER-SIN but 3K discontinues PER-SIN
-Jetstar reducing MEL-SIN to 2x weekly - where will this capacity go?
 
waoz1
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:31 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:52 am

Qantas16 wrote:
Qantas will swing its Airbus A380 onto the Sydney-Singapore route from March 4, 2018, ahead of the route becoming the first leg of the Sydney-London superjumbo service from March 25 when Qantas ditches its Dubai stopover.

The daily QF81/QF82 Sydney-Singapore service will step up from Airbus A330 to the double-decker A380 – replete with first class suites and premium economy seats, albeit an inferior business class experience than the A330 – between March 4 and March 24.

But all those extra seats come at a cost: during that three week period, the daily QF5/QF6 Sydney-Singapore Airbus A330 service will be trimmed back to just four times a week on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

Then, from March 25 2018, QF81/QF82 will revert being a daily Airbus A330 flight and the QF5/QF6 flights will be reassigned as Qantas' flagship QF1/QF2 for the Sydney-Singapore-London route.

There are other Singapore shuffles rippling through the Qantas network, too.

Perth-Singapore will get year-round double daily flights from April 8, 2018 – look for the new flight numbers QF77/QF78, but don't look for anything fancier than the Boeing 737 which already runs daily as QF71/QF72. This boost comes as Jetstar Asia discontinues its daily Airbus A320 Perth-Singapore service.

Also, from 25 March, 2018, the Roo's low-cost sibling Jetstar will cut its Melbourne-Singapore services from five per week to twice weekly


Soure: https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-airbus- ... rch-4-2018

A few interesting things, to summarise:
-A380 on SYD-SIN earlier than the DXB/SIN changover
-Double daily year round PER-SIN but 3K discontinues PER-SIN
-Jetstar reducing MEL-SIN to 2x weekly - where will this capacity go?



Interesting about the cut to 3K from Perth and Qantas to pick up flights. So wonder how jetstar will be selling cheap seats to asia like they do? on Qantas metal?
 
ItsMike
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:27 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:00 am

log0008 wrote:
Most private and many secondary schools here in Vic break up early, starting in the first week of December


Victorian School Holidays start next week

Term 4* Monday, 9 October 2017 Friday, 22 December 2017 11 weeks

If they have started then they really should turn off those annoying 40 signs.
 
Qantas16
Posts: 781
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:51 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:12 am

waoz1 wrote:
Interesting about the cut to 3K from Perth and Qantas to pick up flights. So wonder how jetstar will be selling cheap seats to asia like they do? on Qantas metal?


Potentially also on the JQ PER-DPS-SIN same plane service... though that doesn't sound like a fun flight if you then are connecting to somewhere else...

Looking at PER-SIN flights in June 2018, the current non-stop services are all 'sold out' (obviously an interim measure) and say 'Operated by: Qantas for Jetstar Airways'
 
User avatar
RyanairGuru
Posts: 8559
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:32 am

NSW and ACT don’t finish until tomorrow either. So far only Queensland is technically on school holidays, but they start earlier in January than other states.
Worked Hard, Flew Right
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:28 am

Effective from this Friday NZ101/102 and 105/108 will be operated by A343 from Hifly, from Saturday (tbc) PER will receive a daily A330 instead of 789 service, will run until end of January

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/travel- ... ZSZsjKRMa0
Forum Moderator
 
USAOZ
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:34 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:08 am

VirginFlyer wrote:
USAOZ wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Don't change the subject like you normally do. We were talking about a flight leaving PER then you chimed in stating we are into the 3rd week of school holidays which is factually incorrect. Given that the majority of students attend public schools , schools do not break up until tomorrow and that is a fact
no many schools around the country have been on holidays for 2 weeks or more. Check your facts

Which schools, specifically?

V/F
ever heard of schoolies ? Many parents now send their kids overseas instead of the gold coast. Schoolies started 18NOV.
 
USAOZ
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:34 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:13 am

qf789 wrote:
USAOZ wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Don't change the subject like you normally do. We were talking about a flight leaving PER then you chimed in stating we are into the 3rd week of school holidays which is factually incorrect. Given that the majority of students attend public schools , schools do not break up until tomorrow and that is a fact
no many schools around the country have been on holidays for 2 weeks or more. Check your facts


As i stated twice before we were talking about MH increasing PER. I was speaking in regards of WA schools, after you made a comment stating we are 3 weeks into a 10 week holiday which is not the case here in WA, refer to https://www.education.wa.edu.au/web/at- ... term-dates What schools are doing around the country is irrelevant to MH increasing PER, end of discussion
ok here's a bit of education for you. So some family wants to go on holidays when it's generally cheaper in 2nd 1/2 of NOV, when their kids finish school. So they do a search online, but because they've left it too late to book, the more direct flight options out of their home port have sold to a point, where not as cheap as going via another state, where kids might not be on holidays. eg. QLD schools might go on holidays a week earlier than NSW schools. Qlders hate flying anywhere internationally via bloody awful SYD, but it may end up being much cheaper to do that, especially with extra capacity in SYD vs BNE/OOL/CNS/OOL so the dollar factor comes in & so they fly via SYD cos it $400 cheaper per person & family is 6, so that's $2400 cheaper. Changing terminals in SYD isn't that bad, when you can save $2400, even if it adds 6 hours to journey.
 
User avatar
VirginFlyer
Posts: 5602
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2000 12:27 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:30 am

USAOZ wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
USAOZ wrote:
no many schools around the country have been on holidays for 2 weeks or more. Check your facts

Which schools, specifically?

V/F
ever heard of schoolies ? Many parents now send their kids overseas instead of the gold coast. Schoolies started 18NOV.

Yes, but only because I happened to live in Australia for a number of years. For those reading this thread who aren't familiar with it, it is a tradition of final year high school students travelling to holiday destinations in Australia (and in recent years overseas) to "let their hair down". In practice this has come to look like a lot of drunk and debauched 17 and 18 year olds being let loose on places like Surfer's Paradise (having lived in Queensland for some time, we used to take note of when it was so as to know when to avoid the place!). Of course not all schoolies are drunk and debauched, but it is certainly a hallmark of the event.

So what you are actually referring to is year 12 students being on holiday after the end of their exams, as opposed to schools themselves having broken up for the year. Fair enough, I imagine that probably does provide a reasonable flow of people; it would be interesting to get some quantification of the "Schoolies Effect" on international air routes out of Perth, and indeed out of other international ports of entry.

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh
 
waoz1
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:31 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:52 am

Im still trying to work out what schoolies has to do with a malaysian airlines flight on one night out of perth. As a rule most WA schoolies got to Rotto, Down south or up to Bali.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:30 am

Air China to maintain 4 weekly PEK-BNE in NS18 instead of previously planned 3 weekly

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-13dec17/
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:34 am

Between April and October 2018 VA will increase BNE-AKL by an additional 2 flights per week while NZ will add an extra 3 flights per week on BNE-AKL

https://www.ausbt.com.au/virgin-austral ... ource=grid
Forum Moderator
 
An767
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:21 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:51 am

USAOZ wrote:
VirginFlyer wrote:
USAOZ wrote:
no many schools around the country have been on holidays for 2 weeks or more. Check your facts

Which schools, specifically?

V/F
ever heard of schoolies ? Many parents now send their kids overseas instead of the gold coast. Schoolies started 18NOV.


Is this the Australian School holiday thtread, or Australian Aviation thread. GET OVER IT you have been through this enough already. And it is becomming very boring
Meanwhile the first QF789 to LA leaves Melbourne tomorrow if i am correct

AN767
If its got wings put me on it. If it floats on water take it away
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:56 am

An767 wrote:
Meanwhile the first QF789 to LA leaves Melbourne tomorrow if i am correct

AN767


Yes that is correct. Also VH-ZNB entered commercial service today
Forum Moderator
 
smi0006
Posts: 2595
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:41 am

Qantas16 wrote:
Qantas will swing its Airbus A380 onto the Sydney-Singapore route from March 4, 2018, ahead of the route becoming the first leg of the Sydney-London superjumbo service from March 25 when Qantas ditches its Dubai stopover.

The daily QF81/QF82 Sydney-Singapore service will step up from Airbus A330 to the double-decker A380 – replete with first class suites and premium economy seats, albeit an inferior business class experience than the A330 – between March 4 and March 24.

But all those extra seats come at a cost: during that three week period, the daily QF5/QF6 Sydney-Singapore Airbus A330 service will be trimmed back to just four times a week on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

Then, from March 25 2018, QF81/QF82 will revert being a daily Airbus A330 flight and the QF5/QF6 flights will be reassigned as Qantas' flagship QF1/QF2 for the Sydney-Singapore-London route.

There are other Singapore shuffles rippling through the Qantas network, too.

Perth-Singapore will get year-round double daily flights from April 8, 2018 – look for the new flight numbers QF77/QF78, but don't look for anything fancier than the Boeing 737 which already runs daily as QF71/QF72. This boost comes as Jetstar Asia discontinues its daily Airbus A320 Perth-Singapore service.

Also, from 25 March, 2018, the Roo's low-cost sibling Jetstar will cut its Melbourne-Singapore services from five per week to twice weekly


Soure: https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-airbus- ... rch-4-2018

A few interesting things, to summarise:
-A380 on SYD-SIN earlier than the DXB/SIN changover
-Double daily year round PER-SIN but 3K discontinues PER-SIN
-Jetstar reducing MEL-SIN to 2x weekly - where will this capacity go?


Where will the 380 capacity come from I wonder?
3K has been growin a bit recently but not adding any aircraft to their fleet, perhaps this route will return as the NEOs arrive? I hope we see another JQ route - MEL-Siem Reap?
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 am

smi0006 wrote:
Qantas16 wrote:
Qantas will swing its Airbus A380 onto the Sydney-Singapore route from March 4, 2018, ahead of the route becoming the first leg of the Sydney-London superjumbo service from March 25 when Qantas ditches its Dubai stopover.

The daily QF81/QF82 Sydney-Singapore service will step up from Airbus A330 to the double-decker A380 – replete with first class suites and premium economy seats, albeit an inferior business class experience than the A330 – between March 4 and March 24.

But all those extra seats come at a cost: during that three week period, the daily QF5/QF6 Sydney-Singapore Airbus A330 service will be trimmed back to just four times a week on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

Then, from March 25 2018, QF81/QF82 will revert being a daily Airbus A330 flight and the QF5/QF6 flights will be reassigned as Qantas' flagship QF1/QF2 for the Sydney-Singapore-London route.

There are other Singapore shuffles rippling through the Qantas network, too.

Perth-Singapore will get year-round double daily flights from April 8, 2018 – look for the new flight numbers QF77/QF78, but don't look for anything fancier than the Boeing 737 which already runs daily as QF71/QF72. This boost comes as Jetstar Asia discontinues its daily Airbus A320 Perth-Singapore service.

Also, from 25 March, 2018, the Roo's low-cost sibling Jetstar will cut its Melbourne-Singapore services from five per week to twice weekly


Soure: https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-airbus- ... rch-4-2018

A few interesting things, to summarise:
-A380 on SYD-SIN earlier than the DXB/SIN changover
-Double daily year round PER-SIN but 3K discontinues PER-SIN
-Jetstar reducing MEL-SIN to 2x weekly - where will this capacity go?


Where will the 380 capacity come from I wonder?
3K has been growin a bit recently but not adding any aircraft to their fleet, perhaps this route will return as the NEOs arrive? I hope we see another JQ route - MEL-Siem Reap?


I would say the A380 will just be the usual one that goes into maintenance, in other words from now the next time a frame goes to MNL for maintenance wont be until April
Forum Moderator
 
VapourTrails
Posts: 3939
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2001 9:30 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:20 am

Are there weather-related delays at SYD? CBR had a CX diversion 773 ER and a QF A330 is coming in..
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:31 am

VapourTrails wrote:
Are there weather-related delays at SYD? CBR had a CX diversion 773 ER and a QF A330 is coming in..


Looks like it, Scoot is diverting to MEL as well
Forum Moderator
 
VapourTrails
Posts: 3939
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2001 9:30 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:40 am

qf789 wrote:
VapourTrails wrote:
Are there weather-related delays at SYD? CBR had a CX diversion 773 ER and a QF A330 is coming in..


Looks like it, Scoot is diverting to MEL as well.


I noticed a couple of 738 CBR-SYD earlier and just now and thought that unusual, but heard the CX and knew something was going on and non-routine different!

Can ask a question now I am here.. VA E190s are about again - through CBR specifically, what is the current status on these as at December 2017 and going into 2018? Is it seasonal use at mo for peak travel operations?
 
User avatar
RyanairGuru
Posts: 8559
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:00 am

VapourTrails wrote:

Can ask a question now I am here.. VA E190s are about again - through CBR specifically, what is the current status on these as at December 2017 and going into 2018? Is it seasonal use at mo for peak travel operations?


There are two left, but I also noticed that they are doing the lions share of CBR-SYD right now. Even 7 days ago this route was 100% ATR. Are there any ATRs out of service at the moment?
Worked Hard, Flew Right
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:03 am

Flight schedule for added service to PER from end of March will be

MH125 KUL855-1450PER
MH124 PER1550-2135KUL

very similar to what they use to be before
Forum Moderator
 
qf002
Posts: 3689
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:14 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:25 am

smi0006 wrote:
Where will the 380 capacity come from I wonder?


QF117 SYD-HKG goes back to a 744 on March 2nd and the aircraft ultimately comes from MEL-LAX being reduced to 3wk A380 during Feb-Mar.
 
CattleClass
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:33 am

smi0006 wrote:
Where will the 380 capacity come from I wonder?


Isn't there a temporary reduction (lasting a few weeks) of A380 flights from Mel-LAX coming up in the next couple of months? Thought I read that somewhere but I can't put my fingers on it. Perhaps that coincides with the start of the Singapore flight.

From memory during this time it'll be only 787's from Mel-LAX on the days the A380 is not flying.

I could certainly have my wires crossed on this one though...
 
decry
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:26 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:50 am

VapourTrails wrote:
Are there weather-related delays at SYD? CBR had a CX diversion 773 ER and a QF A330 is coming in..


From what I understand there were issues with wind shear in the early evening causing a bunch of go arounds. All departures were stopped until the weather settled down.
 
decry
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:26 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:59 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
There are two left, but I also noticed that they are doing the lions share of CBR-SYD right now. Even 7 days ago this route was 100% ATR. Are there any ATRs out of service at the moment?


The Virgin ATR fleet is currently only 7 600 series aircraft. All 500's have been removed from service. The 8th 600 VH-FVZ was heavily damaged in a wind shear incident in November https://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/in ... -2017-111/
 
pugsley
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:43 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:29 pm

https://www.facebook.com/Karry0n/posts/1492025447582648

Reported that QF to start MEL-SFO from next year... I know it's been mentioned but didn't actually expect it. I wonder what the timings will be like?
A319/320/321, A332/3, A343, A359, A388, AT7, BAe146, B717, B733/4/5/G/H/9, B743/4/4ER, B762/3, B772/3, B788/9, Dash8, ERJ135, ERJ170/175
 
qf002
Posts: 3689
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:14 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:37 pm

pugsley wrote:
Reported that QF to start MEL-SFO from next year... I know it's been mentioned but didn't actually expect it. I wonder what the timings will be like?


Could make some sense in place of the second daily MEL-LAX. The timings with MEL-PER-LHR never really worked nicely with a potential MEL-DFW service anyway, maybe AA can do that route with a 789 instead.

Still waiting to hear what the second BNE-USA route will be as well. Pretty sure QF said they would make an announcement by the end of the year which is getting pretty close already.
 
vhebb
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:37 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:40 pm

My guess is the 6x weekly MEL-LAX will be trimmed back to allow the new MEL-SFO.

QF will need to operate some B789 MEL-LAX to enable the aircraft to rotate with the BNE based B789 aircraft.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:08 pm

decry wrote:
VapourTrails wrote:
Are there weather-related delays at SYD? CBR had a CX diversion 773 ER and a QF A330 is coming in..


From what I understand there were issues with wind shear in the early evening causing a bunch of go arounds. All departures were stopped until the weather settled down.


Looks like EK413 SYD-DXB got an exemption from the curfew as it departed SYD 30 minutes after midnight
Forum Moderator
 
dredgy
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:13 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:39 pm

qf789 wrote:
Air North to operate non stop DRW-BME in NS18, 2-3 weekly

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-in-ns18/


I thought they already did - I remembered flying that route “the other day” but on reflection it was 10 years or so ago.

JetGo to operate BNE-KTA-SIN.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11590
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:42 pm

dredgy wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Air North to operate non stop DRW-BME in NS18, 2-3 weekly

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-in-ns18/


I thought they already did - I remembered flying that route “the other day” but on reflection it was 10 years or so ago.

JetGo to operate BNE-KTA-SIN.


No Air North currently fly DRW-KNX-BME, no non stop to BME

KNX being Kununurra
Forum Moderator
 
dredgy
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:13 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:21 pm

qf789 wrote:

No Air North currently fly DRW-KNX-BME, no non stop to BME

KNX being Kununurra


Yeah realised that upon research, but they (or Skywest) have operated that route direct in the past as I definitely flew BME-DRW-BWN in ~2004.
 
qantas747
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 12:51 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:12 pm

vhebb wrote:
My guess is the 6x weekly MEL-LAX will be trimmed back to allow the new MEL-SFO.

QF will need to operate some B789 MEL-LAX to enable the aircraft to rotate with the BNE based B789 aircraft.


They only recently retimed SYD-SFO to a late evening departure ex SYD. so I could see the same happening as a replacement for the MEL-LAX. The revised JV application with AA is due soon so I would assume this route annoincement would be part of that. AA starts LAX MEL and then QF start SFO.

QF dont need to rotate the aircraft through LAX. They could just as easily have the new rumoured BNE-ORD service start in MEL to help with rotations.

Looking forward to further route announcements though! Perhaps we will get something official today with the launch of MEL LAX as rumoured.
 
User avatar
RyanairGuru
Posts: 8559
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:00 pm

decry wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
There are two left, but I also noticed that they are doing the lions share of CBR-SYD right now. Even 7 days ago this route was 100% ATR. Are there any ATRs out of service at the moment?


The Virgin ATR fleet is currently only 7 600 series aircraft. All 500's have been removed from service. The 8th 600 VH-FVZ was heavily damaged in a wind shear incident in November https://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/in ... -2017-111/


I realise that, but two weeks ago this route was almost exclusively ATR and currently it’s mostly E90. Seems an odd change, and unless one of the remaining 7 ATRs is in maintenance doesn’t make much sense.
Worked Hard, Flew Right
 
decry
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:26 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:12 pm

qf789 wrote:
Looks like EK413 SYD-DXB got an exemption from the curfew as it departed SYD 30 minutes after midnight


Wowzers! Also can't remember ever seeing heavy aircraft (CX, EK & QF) landing from the north after 11 pm.
 
decry
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:26 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - December 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:28 pm

Hifly a340 9H-FOX is currently inbound to Sydney as NZ101 from AKL.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos