Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PI4EVER

Re: What’s next for Silver Airways? - discussion thread

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:23 am

evank516:
Any info or word on loads on DAB-FLL after first couple weeks?
Any way to determine passenger loads specify to the cruise traffic Silver hoped to generate with the flight?

msycajun
Topic Author

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Looks like the third ATR is on it's way to MCO now:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N402SV

An ATR is still on the schedule for the April 1 MCO-HSV. Will be interesting to see if it finally goes into service after all of the delays.

RJNUT

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:51 pm

Does anyone have the REAL scoop on Silver Airways? They had so much promise 1-2 years ago and nothing seem to take hold. WHEN will the ATR's finally go into servicre? Is this just some sort of Ponzi Scheme. nothing seem to add up and passenger review continue to lag. I check even into May and no ATR for HSV.

dabpit

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:34 pm

RJNUT wrote:
Does anyone have the REAL scoop on Silver Airways? They had so much promise 1-2 years ago and nothing seem to take hold. WHEN will the ATR's finally go into servicre? Is this just some sort of Ponzi Scheme. nothing seem to add up and passenger review continue to lag. I check even into May and no ATR for HSV.

It is hard to tell what is going on there. They have been rather mute as of late... My understanding is there has been a bit of turnover from a staff perspective...
Carpe Diem

msycajun
Topic Author

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:35 pm

RJNUT wrote:

I was just about to post...Their first two ATRs have been very busy lately N400SV did about six round trips FLL-RSW April 3 and 4 and N401SV has been flying a variety of routes including FLL, MCO, TPA, and PNS over the past two days. So it looks like crew familiarity flights are well underway and I think we are close to seeing them in revenue service.

Remember part of the delay was with the ATR's fuel system which needed modifications before it could be certified and then there was the government shutdown.

Gulfstream500

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Base in Ohio/northeast for more EAS routes through W. Virginia and PA, along with point to point service?
So... when will the Northwest DC-9s be retired?

RobertS975

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:08 pm

msycajun wrote:
RJNUT wrote:

I was just about to post...Their first two ATRs have been very busy lately N400SV did about six round trips FLL-RSW April 3 and 4 and N401SV has been flying a variety of routes including FLL, MCO, TPA, and PNS over the past two days. So it looks like crew familiarity flights are well underway and I think we are close to seeing them in revenue service.

I don't see RSW on the route map OR the schedule for Silver?

http://www.silverairways.com/more-infor ... rds-search

LOT767301ER

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:20 pm

RobertS975 wrote:
msycajun wrote:
RJNUT wrote:

I don't see RSW on the route map OR the schedule for Silver?

http://www.silverairways.com/more-infor ... rds-search

What does RSW being on the route map have to do with proving flights?

msycajun
Topic Author

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Quick update:
Looks like the first three ATR-42-600 have been busy in revenue service. The fourth, N403SV, recently started its delivery journey:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N403SV/history

As far as I can tell they are planning for at least a few more deliveries this year. 42s N405SV and N406SV and 76s N700SV, N702SV, and N703SV have been spotted at TLS.

I'm curious to see if they will return to the JAX-FLL route now that WN and NK have left the market. It's also been posted that MSY has Silver on the signage for the North Terminal, scheduled for a fall opening, so will be interesting to see if they do indeed start up and where they plan to fly.

ewt340

Re: What’s next for Silver Airways?

Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:10 pm

aaflyer222 wrote:
when will the first atr arrive? The first are scheduled to arrive before the end of year.

I thought they already got 3 ATR42 on their fleet now.

SyracuseAvGeek

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:22 pm

Silver Airways just flew a Saab340 from Tampa to Manistee, Michigan as Silver9009, making this the first Silver aircraft to touch down in the state of Michigan. I Heard from someone at the company that they’ll be taking over the MBL (Manistee) - MDW charter from now (Sept 25) until October 2nd because the current charter company “Can’t fulfill the flights” . The only company that does charters that regularly is a company named Ultimate Air Shuttle. I find it very interesting that they chose a company from that far away to fulfill their aircraft needs. Hopefully when the EAS is up for renewal Silver will bid.

Thoughts on any of this?
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

SierraPacific

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:00 am

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
Silver Airways just flew a Saab340 from Tampa to Manistee, Michigan as Silver9009, making this the first Silver aircraft to touch down in the state of Michigan. I Heard from someone at the company that they’ll be taking over the MBL (Manistee) - MDW charter from now (Sept 25) until October 2nd because the current charter company “Can’t fulfill the flights” . The only company that does charters that regularly is a company named Ultimate Air Shuttle. I find it very interesting that they chose a company from that far away to fulfill their aircraft needs. Hopefully when the EAS is up for renewal Silver will bid.

Thoughts on any of this?

It isn't too surprising. Silver has operated/may still Boston to Bar Harbor as its only flight in the Northeast so they have a track record of picking up flights like this outside of their Florida/Bahamas niche.

I have to wonder though how profitable having 2 orphan routes in Chicago and Boston but it must be working for them.

SyracuseAvGeek

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:26 am

SierraPacific wrote:
SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

Thoughts on any of this?

It isn't too surprising. Silver has operated/may still Boston to Bar Harbor as its only flight in the Northeast so they have a track record of picking up flights like this outside of their Florida/Bahamas niche.

I have to wonder though how profitable having 2 orphan routes in Chicago and Boston but it must be working for them.

According to the pilot, they are only going to do it for a week then it goes back to the original carrier
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

RJNUT

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:29 am

evidently Ultimate is downgrading from Dornier 328 Jet to Beech 1900 for off season out of MBL. The transition obviously has not gone smoothly.

MO11

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:54 am

RJNUT wrote:
evidently Ultimate is downgrading from Dornier 328 Jet to Beech 1900 for off season out of MBL. The transition obviously has not gone smoothly.

Actually, the EAS contractor is Public Charters. It had subcontracted the flying to Contour, but when the Jetstreams were retired, Ultimate Jet was used instead. It doesn't need the 30-seat airplane in the low season, so Public Charters had planned to use its own aircraft (it has a Beech 1900 and 1300). Last winter, that didn't happen and the Dornier 328JETs were still used. I'm not sure where we're heading this winter.

RJNUT

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:57 am

MO11 wrote:
RJNUT wrote:

Actually, the EAS contractor is Public Charters. It had subcontracted the flying to Contour, but when the Jetstreams were retired, Ultimate Jet was used instead. It doesn't need the 30-seat airplane in the low season, so Public Charters had planned to use its own aircraft (it has a Beech 1900 and 1300). Last winter, that didn't happen and the Dornier 328JETs were still used. I'm not sure where we're heading this winter.

not disputing you but this from the Public Charter booking site

09/26/2019

1871 (Carrier 031)

MBL-MDW

8:30am

Beechcraft 1900C opr by Ultimate Jet Charters
19 Coach Seats

drdisque

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:31 am

Air Choice One has a Beech 1900C on their certificate in pax configuration (was in 9 seat configuration to fly their Part 135 EAS commuter routes). Considering they have a Chicago crew base, I suspect they will be operating the flight. I could be wrong though.

MO11

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:38 am

RJNUT wrote:
MO11 wrote:
RJNUT wrote:

not disputing you but this from the Public Charter booking site

09/26/2019

1871 (Carrier 031)

MBL-MDW

Beechcraft 1900C opr by Ultimate Jet Charters
19 Coach Seats

Well, the Public Charters 1900C has been bopping around Ohio, so it looks like they are trying to put it on Ultimate's ops specs. It has never been on Public Charter's certificate.

93Sierra

Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:06 am

Isn’t Manistee close to TVC?

drdisque

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:30 pm

93Sierra wrote:

MBL is 59 miles from TVC.

However, MBL also serves the city of Ludington, which is 95 miles from TVC and 65 miles to MKG (which is also EAS) and 108 miles from GRR.

The city of Cadillac is also essentially equidistant from MBL and TVC.

drdisque

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:31 pm

drdisque wrote:
93Sierra wrote:

MBL is 59 miles from TVC.

However, MBL also serves the city of Ludington, which is 95 miles from TVC and 65 miles to MKG (which is also EAS) and 108 miles from GRR.

The city of Cadillac is also essentially equidistant from MBL and TVC.

Also worth noting is that there are no expressways in this part of Michigan, all of those distances are for the most part along 2 lane roads.

phllax

Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:26 pm

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:

Thoughts on any of this?

I believe Marsh Harbour and Freeport are still closed to non-relief efforts, which would free up 1-2 frames to allow for this.

flyboy7974

Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:45 pm

Looking at the Silver network, can anybody pull load factor information on their routes for past maybe two quarters and share with us? I’ve tried and cannot, if somebody knows how to, can you message me so I don’t bother.

As for Silver, I’d be interested to see their highs and lows throughout their system

msycajun
Topic Author

Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:47 pm

A few updates:
Silver was recently granted certificates it needs in order to operate 50+ seat aircraft, and its first ATR 72 began commercial service a few days ago:
http://www.silverairways.com/about-silver/press-room/article/2019/11/25/silver-airways-makes-history-as-first-atr-72-600-takes-flight-in-u.s-
That makes 4 42s and 1 72 in operation now.

Two more 42s are making their way across the Atlantic for delivery: N405SV and N406SV

KarlB737

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:16 pm

Courtesy: Aviation Pros

Silver Air Adds to Florida Fleet with Newly Signed Hawker 4000

"Silver Air, the private jet management and charter company with operations in Los Angeles, The Bay Area, Seattle, Dallas, Houston, New York and Florida, continues to expand charter options across the U.S. adding a newly-signed Hawker 4000 to its growing South Florida-based fleet out of Miami’s Opa Locka Executive Airport (OPF)."

https://www.aviationpros.com/airlines/press-release/21124985/silver-air-silver-air-adds-to-florida-fleet-with-newly-signed-hawker-4000

dabpit

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:01 pm

KarlB737 wrote:
Courtesy: Aviation Pros

Silver Air Adds to Florida Fleet with Newly Signed Hawker 4000

"Silver Air, the private jet management and charter company with operations in Los Angeles, The Bay Area, Seattle, Dallas, Houston, New York and Florida, continues to expand charter options across the U.S. adding a newly-signed Hawker 4000 to its growing South Florida-based fleet out of Miami’s Opa Locka Executive Airport (OPF)."

https://www.aviationpros.com/airlines/press-release/21124985/silver-air-silver-air-adds-to-florida-fleet-with-newly-signed-hawker-4000

Silver Air is a different company from Silver Airways.
Carpe Diem

dabpit

Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Silver is launching flights from CHS to MCO, TPA, and FLL. MCO will be daily, TPA will be 3 times a week, and FLL will be 4 times a week.
http://www.silverairways.com/about-silv ... a-gateways
Carpe Diem

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos