Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
toltommy
Topic Author
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:04 am

AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:15 pm

Looks like AA is continuing to add hubs to a number of existing markets. The move to focus non O&D international traffic at PHL becomes a little more obvious at this time as well. No idea on frequencies or aircraft type. We can all do what we do best and speculate until Enrilia sees the adds this weekend...

Effective 4/3/18

JFK-PHL

Effective 5/7/18

DCA-ILM

Effective 6/8/17

DFW-FLG
DFW-EYW
DFW-MSO
MIA-SAV
ORD-MSO
ORD-PWM
ORD-SAV
ORD-ILM
ORD-BTV
A300/A310/A319/A320/A321/A332/A333 / 707/712/727/732/733/734/735/738/739/752/753
/762/763/764/772/788/789/DC8/DC9-10/30/40/50/MD81/83/87/88/90/L1011-/250/500/CRJ200/440 /700/900/EMB135/140/145/170/175/190/328Jet/F70/SF3/BE1/J31
 
evank516
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:19 pm

WHOA! DFW-EYW is coming in? Not TOTALLY surprised, but at the same time they've been sticking with MIA-EYW only until very recently, and that's only because of the US/AA merger which gave AA their CLT hub.

By the way, not seeing that loaded on AA.com yet.
Last edited by evank516 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5848
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:20 pm

JFK-PHL is the most interesting.

Is AA looking at capturing AAdvantage Platinum customers in NYC flying e.g. JFK-PHL-PRG?
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5848
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:24 pm

evank516 wrote:
WHOA! DFW-EYW is coming in? Not TOTALLY surprised, but at the same time they've been sticking with MIA-EYW only until very recently, and that's only because of the US/AA merger which gave AA their CLT hub.

By the way, not seeing that loaded on AA.com yet.


That is another interesting one. I wonder if that has to do also with Asian tourism? DFW having flights to PVG, PEK, NRT or ICN, if timed well, that means 1-stop to Key West from those Asian cities (not achievable from MIA or CLT). The Keys (and driving the Overseas Highway) are quite renowned globally.
 
evank516
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:27 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
evank516 wrote:
WHOA! DFW-EYW is coming in? Not TOTALLY surprised, but at the same time they've been sticking with MIA-EYW only until very recently, and that's only because of the US/AA merger which gave AA their CLT hub.

By the way, not seeing that loaded on AA.com yet.


That is another interesting one. I wonder if that has to do also with Asian tourism? DFW having flights to PVG, PEK, NRT or ICN, if timed well, that means 1-stop to Key West from those Asian cities (not achievable from MIA or CLT). The Keys (and driving the Overseas Highway) are quite renowned globally.


Agreed. Guessing this will be another E170/175 route. Is DFW-EYW shorter than DCA-EYW? The E170/175 can handle the short runway for that long of a flight, right?
 
miaskies
Posts: 1268
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:08 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:31 pm

evank516 wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
evank516 wrote:
WHOA! DFW-EYW is coming in? Not TOTALLY surprised, but at the same time they've been sticking with MIA-EYW only until very recently, and that's only because of the US/AA merger which gave AA their CLT hub.

By the way, not seeing that loaded on AA.com yet.


That is another interesting one. I wonder if that has to do also with Asian tourism? DFW having flights to PVG, PEK, NRT or ICN, if timed well, that means 1-stop to Key West from those Asian cities (not achievable from MIA or CLT). The Keys (and driving the Overseas Highway) are quite renowned globally.


Agreed. Guessing this will be another E170/175 route. Is DFW-EYW shorter than DCA-EYW? The E170/175 can handle the short runway for that long of a flight, right?



Yes it can - YX/Eagle does CLT-EYW, DCA-EYW on the 175 and YX/UA does ORD-EYW and EWR-EYW on the 175.
Crosscheck Complete :)
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26524
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Nice to see Miami-Savannah come back.
a.
 
FSDan
Posts: 3403
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:33 pm

Lots of connecting the dots indeed! There are a few more dots I'd like to see connected: MIA-BUF (year round - so far it's just seasonal), MIA-PVD, MIA-MKE, DFW-BUF, and DFW-PVD. I think all of those could be 1x daily E75 routes if timed well for connections.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
evank516
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:37 pm

miaskies wrote:
evank516 wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:

That is another interesting one. I wonder if that has to do also with Asian tourism? DFW having flights to PVG, PEK, NRT or ICN, if timed well, that means 1-stop to Key West from those Asian cities (not achievable from MIA or CLT). The Keys (and driving the Overseas Highway) are quite renowned globally.


Agreed. Guessing this will be another E170/175 route. Is DFW-EYW shorter than DCA-EYW? The E170/175 can handle the short runway for that long of a flight, right?



Yes it can - YX/Eagle does CLT-EYW, DCA-EYW on the 175 and YX/UA does ORD-EYW and EWR-EYW on the 175.


EWR/ORD-EYW is the 170 variant, not the 175, but I'm guessing there isn't much of a difference.
 
Vctony
Posts: 695
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 1999 10:51 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 pm

DFW- FLG is interesting. Currently the only service to FLG on any carrier is AA (Eagle) PHX - FLG, with seasonal LAX - FLG service starting in May and DFW - FLG service starting in June.
 
Balloonchaser
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:43 pm

I know that American is expanding in some way at KISP this coming year. Im thinking 3 times daily to DCA along with adding 5x weekly DFW and 1 daily CLT and MYR

3x - KPHL - E145
3x - KDCA - E145
1x - KMYR (Seasonal) - CRJ 200
2x (Seasonal) - KCLT - E175
5x Weekly (Seasonal) - KDFW - A320
 
commavia
Posts: 11489
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:30 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:48 pm

More very cool adds.

Also very happy to see MIA-BON finally added - another obvious market for AA out of the MIA hub. 8-)

toltommy wrote:
DCA-ILM


Another logical, opportunistic seasonal leisure market. (And a restart, I believe, right? Didn't USAirways fly this route, maybe on and off, for years?)

toltommy wrote:
DFW-FLG


As predicted when LAX-FLG was loaded a few weeks ago ... nice!

toltommy wrote:
DFW-EYW


Wow ... interesting.

toltommy wrote:
DFW-MSO
ORD-MSO


Awesome to see even more growth for AA in Montana. Hoping DFW-FCA happens in the not too distant future, too!

toltommy wrote:
MIA-SAV

MAH4546 wrote:
Nice to see Miami-Savannah come back.


Agreed. Another solid add to the MIA hub from a market where AA now offers fairly comprehensive coverage in all directions.

toltommy wrote:
ORD-PWM
ORD-SAV
ORD-BTV


Yeah ... AA is definitely closing the ORD hub. :lol: Happy to see all of these. PWM and BTV, in particular, were the two major remaining northeast markets that seemed like obvious gaps given AA's post-merger strength in the region.

toltommy wrote:
ORD-ILM


Oh hey, United.

FSDan wrote:
Lots of connecting the dots indeed! There are a few more dots I'd like to see connected: MIA-BUF (year round - so far it's just seasonal), MIA-PVD, MIA-MKE, DFW-BUF, and DFW-PVD. I think all of those could be 1x daily E75 routes if timed well for connections.


I agree that MIA-BUF and MIA-PVD both seem like obviously 2-class RJ routes. I'd also add DFW-BUF and DFW-MDT to that list.
 
FlyPNS1
Posts: 5535
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:12 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:58 pm

Interesting thing with the ILM adds as UA just recently announced they would starty ORD-ILM and IAD-ILM. Seems like ILM is going to get quite the flood of capacity...at least temporarily. My guess is the add of DCA-ILM will kill IAD-ILM.
 
evank516
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Balloonchaser wrote:
I know that American is expanding in some way at KISP this coming year. Im thinking 3 times daily to DCA along with adding 5x weekly DFW and 1 daily CLT and MYR

3x - KPHL - E145
3x - KDCA - E145
1x - KMYR (Seasonal) - CRJ 200
2x (Seasonal) - KCLT - E175
5x Weekly (Seasonal) - KDFW - A320


DCA is slot restricted so unless they got more slots it's not happening, MYR is probably not happening. CLT may happen soon, and DFW is probably not in the cards right now.
 
Balloonchaser
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:09 pm

evank516 wrote:
Balloonchaser wrote:
I know that American is expanding in some way at KISP this coming year. Im thinking 3 times daily to DCA along with adding 5x weekly DFW and 1 daily CLT and MYR

3x - KPHL - E145
3x - KDCA - E145
1x - KMYR (Seasonal) - CRJ 200
2x (Seasonal) - KCLT - E175
5x Weekly (Seasonal) - KDFW - A320


DCA is slot restricted so unless they got more slots it's not happening, MYR is probably not happening. CLT may happen soon, and DFW is probably not in the cards right now.


For American, apparently ISP is the next route for DCA.
MYR is the highest Vacational Route for MYR (#1 on requested)

Now DFW is up there but I think over the next year or 2 we could see that
 
User avatar
LotsaRunway
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:10 pm

toltommy wrote:
ORD-PWM
ORD-BTV


Wow! Another slap to the face of MHT by omission!
 
SeaDoo
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:00 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:13 pm

toltommy wrote:
Looks like AA is continuing to add hubs to a number of existing markets. The move to focus non O&D international traffic at PHL becomes a little more obvious at this time as well. No idea on frequencies or aircraft type. We can all do what we do best and speculate until Enrilia sees the adds this weekend...

Effective 4/3/18

JFK-PHL

Effective 5/7/18

DCA-ILM

Effective 6/8/17

DFW-FLG
DFW-EYW
DFW-MSO
MIA-SAV
ORD-MSO
ORD-PWM
ORD-SAV
ORD-ILM
ORD-BTV


These are nice adds. I hope they are profitable and stick around. Nice to see FLG get some eastward connectivity. Nice to see AA add Missoula too. Surprised to see DFW-EYW. I would have thought with the runway issues would make this too far. I looked at EYW on wiki and see they even have a flight to ORD, so I guess DFW is easier. Does UA have any restrictions flying to ORD?
 
airliner371
Posts: 2405
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:19 pm

Balloonchaser wrote:
I know that American is expanding in some way at KISP this coming year. Im thinking 3 times daily to DCA along with adding 5x weekly DFW and 1 daily CLT and MYR

3x - KPHL
3x - KDCA
1x - KMYR (Seasonal)
2x (Seasonal) - KCLT
5x Weekly (Seasonal) - KDFW

MYR is absolutely not happening on AA. DFW, quite unlikely. DCA or CLT, I could see it. One, not both. DCA definitely not at 3x. 1x daily, 2x if you're lucky.
 
evank516
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:20 pm

SeaDoo wrote:
toltommy wrote:
Looks like AA is continuing to add hubs to a number of existing markets. The move to focus non O&D international traffic at PHL becomes a little more obvious at this time as well. No idea on frequencies or aircraft type. We can all do what we do best and speculate until Enrilia sees the adds this weekend...

Effective 4/3/18

JFK-PHL

Effective 5/7/18

DCA-ILM

Effective 6/8/17

DFW-FLG
DFW-EYW
DFW-MSO
MIA-SAV
ORD-MSO
ORD-PWM
ORD-SAV
ORD-ILM
ORD-BTV


These are nice adds. I hope they are profitable and stick around. Nice to see FLG get some eastward connectivity. Nice to see AA add Missoula too. Surprised to see DFW-EYW. I would have thought with the runway issues would make this too far. I looked at EYW on wiki and see they even have a flight to ORD, so I guess DFW is easier. Does UA have any restrictions flying to ORD?


ORD-EYW: Embraer 170
Guessing DFW-EYW is an Embraer 175. Not sure if there are any differences in performance regarding short fields. I do know that the E-170 is pretty phenomenal when it comes to short runways though so my guess is there are no restrictions on ORD-EYW.
 
ty97
Posts: 678
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 1:06 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:22 pm

evank516 wrote:
WHOA! DFW-EYW is coming in? Not TOTALLY surprised, but at the same time they've been sticking with MIA-EYW only until very recently, and that's only because of the US/AA merger which gave AA their CLT hub.

By the way, not seeing that loaded on AA.com yet.


I presume we'll these flights get added during tomorrow's schedule changes.
 
cporcelli78
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:22 pm

Balloonchaser wrote:
I know that American is expanding in some way at KISP this coming year. Im thinking 3 times daily to DCA along with adding 5x weekly DFW and 1 daily CLT and MYR

3x - KPHL - E145
3x - KDCA - E145
1x - KMYR (Seasonal) - CRJ 200
2x (Seasonal) - KCLT - E175
5x Weekly (Seasonal) - KDFW - A320



How do you know this? I would love it, especially a CLT conection.
 
cporcelli78
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:29 pm

How do you know ISP is getting more flights on AA? I would love to see this as an AA Executive Platinum with family in the area.
 
grbauc
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:31 pm

evank516 wrote:
Balloonchaser wrote:
I know that American is expanding in some way at KISP this coming year. Im thinking 3 times daily to DCA along with adding 5x weekly DFW and 1 daily CLT and MYR

3x - KPHL - E145
3x - KDCA - E145
1x - KMYR (Seasonal) - CRJ 200
2x (Seasonal) - KCLT - E175
5x Weekly (Seasonal) - KDFW - A320


DCA is slot restricted so unless they got more slots it's not happening, MYR is probably not happening. CLT may happen soon, and DFW is probably not in the cards right now.


DCA What they can't transfer one of there other Slots over? I'm pretty sure they can run the route if there determined to.
 
Balloonchaser
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:52 pm

grbauc wrote:
evank516 wrote:
Balloonchaser wrote:
I know that American is expanding in some way at KISP this coming year. Im thinking 3 times daily to DCA along with adding 5x weekly DFW and 1 daily CLT and MYR

3x - KPHL - E145
3x - KDCA - E145
1x - KMYR (Seasonal) - CRJ 200
2x (Seasonal) - KCLT - E175
5x Weekly (Seasonal) - KDFW - A320


DCA is slot restricted so unless they got more slots it's not happening, MYR is probably not happening. CLT may happen soon, and DFW is probably not in the cards right now.


DCA What they can't transfer one of there other Slots over? I'm pretty sure they can run the route if there determined to.


I have heard a rumor that they are doing that this Winter (Schedule)
 
User avatar
CV990A
Posts: 1490
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 1999 6:04 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:57 pm

grbauc wrote:

DCA What they can't transfer one of there other Slots over? I'm pretty sure they can run the route if there determined to.


Sadly, DCA-ISP is one of the routes they had to give up in the slot divestiture. They've tried to acquire more slots expressly to bring ISP back, but have been rejected so far. Without those extra slots, I highly doubt they'll bring ISP back.
Kittens Give Morbo Gas
 
flyfresno
Posts: 1245
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 6:18 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 pm

Was hoping AA would add FAT-ORD in response to UA. Oh well...
 
WNflyer1523
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:28 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Balloonchaser wrote:
evank516 wrote:
Balloonchaser wrote:
I know that American is expanding in some way at KISP this coming year. Im thinking 3 times daily to DCA along with adding 5x weekly DFW and 1 daily CLT and MYR

3x - KPHL - E145
3x - KDCA - E145
1x - KMYR (Seasonal) - CRJ 200
2x (Seasonal) - KCLT - E175
5x Weekly (Seasonal) - KDFW - A320


DCA is slot restricted so unless they got more slots it's not happening, MYR is probably not happening. CLT may happen soon, and DFW is probably not in the cards right now.


For American, apparently ISP is the next route for DCA.
MYR is the highest Vacational Route for MYR (#1 on requested)

Now DFW is up there but I think over the next year or 2 we could see that

Why would they want to do MYR? No focus city/hub at either end. And CLT, which IMO should be added soon, would almost definitely be year-round. Who knows, maybe they can do ISP-CLT with the aircraft continuing on to Myrtle Beach.
DFW is a bit of a long shot, but if they did add it, 1x daily A319 could probably do well. (Not perfect but enough to sustain the service).
 
TWA1985
Posts: 646
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:24 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Does anyone know what aircraft will be operating ORD-MSO?
Be Young. Be Wild. Be Free.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26524
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:51 pm

commavia wrote:
More very cool adds.

Also very happy to see MIA-BON finally added - another obvious market for AA out of the MIA hub. .


Was this mentioned elsewhere? Not in OP's post. An obvious add, though.
a.
 
georgiabill
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:53 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:51 pm

I for one was hoping for AA to add MHT-ORD r MHT-MIA> Would gladly have AA E175 over UA's option.
 
toltommy
Topic Author
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:04 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:21 pm

EYW-DFW is 60nm longer than EYW-DCA. So I'm guessing there shouldn't be much in the way of performance issues.
A300/A310/A319/A320/A321/A332/A333 / 707/712/727/732/733/734/735/738/739/752/753
/762/763/764/772/788/789/DC8/DC9-10/30/40/50/MD81/83/87/88/90/L1011-/250/500/CRJ200/440 /700/900/EMB135/140/145/170/175/190/328Jet/F70/SF3/BE1/J31
 
cheapgreek
Posts: 566
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:57 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:27 pm

toltommy wrote:
EYW-DFW is 60nm longer than EYW-DCA. So I'm guessing there shouldn't be much in the way of performance issues.


With DFW there also is the prevailing west to east headwinds. DCA south to north, not much in the way of headwinds.
 
jplatts
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:37 pm

BUR has no nonstop service to DFW on any airline, but Southwest does serve DAL nonstop from BUR and AA has nonstop service to PHX from BUR. Will AA ever add nonstop service to BUR from DFW?
 
KD5MDK
Posts: 834
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:05 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:03 am

Glad to see PWM, that's a flight I'm likely to use.
 
Balloonchaser
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:18 am

cporcelli78 wrote:
Balloonchaser wrote:
I know that American is expanding in some way at KISP this coming year. Im thinking 3 times daily to DCA along with adding 5x weekly DFW and 1 daily CLT and MYR

3x - KPHL - E145
3x - KDCA - E145
1x - KMYR (Seasonal) - CRJ 200
2x (Seasonal) - KCLT - E175
5x Weekly (Seasonal) - KDFW - A320



How do you know this? I would love it, especially a CLT conection.


AA has stated that they would love more service and rumor is that they have gotten spots for DCA-ISP and they would be the ones to go into KCLT (One of ISP’s biggest markets.
 
redwingspilot
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:37 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:28 am

TWA1985 wrote:
Does anyone know what aircraft will be operating ORD-MSO?


Envoy E75's
 
toltommy
Topic Author
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:04 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:00 am

cheapgreek wrote:
toltommy wrote:
EYW-DFW is 60nm longer than EYW-DCA. So I'm guessing there shouldn't be much in the way of performance issues.


With DFW there also is the prevailing west to east headwinds. DCA south to north, not much in the way of headwinds.


I don't the runway length is going to have any effect on range in this case. DL restricts checked luggage to 1 per person. AA does not restict checked luggage, so I'm guessing there is plenty of room in the performance envelope.
A300/A310/A319/A320/A321/A332/A333 / 707/712/727/732/733/734/735/738/739/752/753
/762/763/764/772/788/789/DC8/DC9-10/30/40/50/MD81/83/87/88/90/L1011-/250/500/CRJ200/440 /700/900/EMB135/140/145/170/175/190/328Jet/F70/SF3/BE1/J31
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 am

toltommy wrote:


Effective 4/3/18

JFK-PHL

Effective 5/7/18

DCA-ILM

Effective 6/8/17

DFW-FLG
DFW-EYW
DFW-MSO
MIA-SAV
ORD-MSO
ORD-PWM
ORD-SAV
ORD-ILM
ORD-BTV


Just to round out this thread about AA adds, effective 6/9/17, AA is also adding summer seasonal Saturday service on:

DFW-AVL (CR7)
DFW-MYR (E175)
DFW-ILM (E175)
ORD-MYR (CR7)
LAX-BZN (E175)
LAX-FLG (CR7)
LGA-TVC (E140)
 
HPAEAA
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 7:24 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:28 am

SCQ83 wrote:
JFK-PHL is the most interesting.

Is AA looking at capturing AAdvantage Platinum customers in NYC flying e.g. JFK-PHL-PRG?

Would they not be better off working out an arrangement with Amtrak to take customers to PHL & run a shuttle bus to the airport? might be a bit more reliable when you factor in the ATC delays.....
1.4mm and counting...
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 14966
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:34 am

HPAEAA wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
JFK-PHL is the most interesting.

Is AA looking at capturing AAdvantage Platinum customers in NYC flying e.g. JFK-PHL-PRG?

Would they not be better off working out an arrangement with Amtrak to take customers to PHL & run a shuttle bus to the airport? might be a bit more reliable when you factor in the ATC delays.....


JFK-PHL is four trains minimum (Airtrain to LIRR to Amtrak to SEPTA). Fun for railfans for sure but not convenient.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
superjeff
Posts: 1413
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:14 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:46 am

jplatts wrote:
BUR has no nonstop service to DFW on any airline, but Southwest does serve DAL nonstop from BUR and AA has nonstop service to PHX from BUR. Will AA ever add nonstop service to BUR from DFW?



They used to fly DFW-BUR as much as 4x daily, until about 2010 or so. I suspect it was profitable, as we all know, full planes don't necessarily mean profits. Anyway, I would not be surprised to see 3 or 4 daily E175's on Envoy at some point.
 
HPAEAA
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 7:24 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:52 am

Cubsrule wrote:
HPAEAA wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
JFK-PHL is the most interesting.

Is AA looking at capturing AAdvantage Platinum customers in NYC flying e.g. JFK-PHL-PRG?

Would they not be better off working out an arrangement with Amtrak to take customers to PHL & run a shuttle bus to the airport? might be a bit more reliable when you factor in the ATC delays.....


JFK-PHL is four trains minimum (Airtrain to LIRR to Amtrak to SEPTA). Fun for railfans for sure but not convenient.


Fair enough, but was thinking that this was more to capture the local market in NYC which eliminates 2 of those steps, if they had a bus timed to meet the trains in PHL, it could be a viable option. I believe LCO had options like this from EWR PM, I think UA still uses busses to connect some small towns in the tristate from EWR (Bethlehem PA for example).
1.4mm and counting...
 
ucdtim17
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:58 am

superjeff wrote:
jplatts wrote:
BUR has no nonstop service to DFW on any airline, but Southwest does serve DAL nonstop from BUR and AA has nonstop service to PHX from BUR. Will AA ever add nonstop service to BUR from DFW?



They used to fly DFW-BUR as much as 4x daily, until about 2010 or so. I suspect it was profitable, as we all know, full planes don't necessarily mean profits. Anyway, I would not be surprised to see 3 or 4 daily E175's on Envoy at some point.


They came back to DFW-OAK, albeit a single daily A320
 
phluser
Posts: 632
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:49 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:06 am

HPAEAA wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
JFK-PHL is the most interesting.

Is AA looking at capturing AAdvantage Platinum customers in NYC flying e.g. JFK-PHL-PRG?

Would they not be better off working out an arrangement with Amtrak to take customers to PHL & run a shuttle bus to the airport? might be a bit more reliable when you factor in the ATC delays.....


AA also has MDT-PHL, and not too long ago EWR-PHL. Harrisburg-Philly is just a $32 train ride (relatively low cost, decent frequency and subsidized by the state of PA), but AA still covers MDT-PHL. I guess it figures the once every 30 minute R1 line service, while decent for locals, isn't integrated well enough for an Amtrak to PHL connection.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7279
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:08 am

MIA BON (once weekly) was announced internally today.
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 4043
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:50 am

chepos wrote:
MIA BON (once weekly) was announced internally today.


That is odd, why even bother with only 1x weekly. I would have expected at least 4x weekly, especially from Miami?

I always wondered why AA never flew to BON. This flight will ends BON's unique status as the only island in the Caribbean with flights to IAH, EWR, and ATL but none to MIA.
 
acentauri
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:35 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:51 am

phluser wrote:
HPAEAA wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
JFK-PHL is the most interesting.
........................
AA also has MDT-PHL, and not too long ago EWR-PHL. Harrisburg-Philly is just a $32 train ride (relatively low cost, decent frequency and subsidized by the state of PA), but AA still covers MDT-PHL. I guess it figures the once every 30 minute R1 line service, while decent for locals, isn't integrated well enough for an Amtrak to PHL connection.

Harrisburg-Philadelphia is one of Amtrak's most successful routes at 14 x Mon-Fri - it has never been subsidized. OTOH, Pittsburgh's single - Harrisburg route has been and still is subsidized by PA..
 
airliner371
Posts: 2405
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:00 am

Balloonchaser wrote:
cporcelli78 wrote:
Balloonchaser wrote:
I know that American is expanding in some way at KISP this coming year. Im thinking 3 times daily to DCA along with adding 5x weekly DFW and 1 daily CLT and MYR

3x - KPHL - E145
3x - KDCA - E145
1x - KMYR (Seasonal) - CRJ 200
2x (Seasonal) - KCLT - E175
5x Weekly (Seasonal) - KDFW - A320



How do you know this? I would love it, especially a CLT conection.


AA has stated that they would love more service and rumor is that they have gotten spots for DCA-ISP and they would be the ones to go into KCLT (One of ISP’s biggest markets.

To be clear, AA has stated nothing. You are just spreading a rumor. Whether anything comes of it is one thing but no sir, AA has stated nothing.
 
DanDun
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:24 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:23 am

Do we know what aircraft they will be using on JFK-PHL?
 
evank516
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: AA summer 2018 adds

Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:24 pm

cheapgreek wrote:
toltommy wrote:
EYW-DFW is 60nm longer than EYW-DCA. So I'm guessing there shouldn't be much in the way of performance issues.


With DFW there also is the prevailing west to east headwinds. DCA south to north, not much in the way of headwinds.


Well, yes. However certain patterns that trigger those big troughs in the jetstream over the east coast during the winter can cause some pretty hefty headwinds flying from northeast to southwest. Example: It takes less time to fly ATL-JFK than it does to fly JFK-ATL.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos