Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

joeycapps

Re: HAL 43, turnaround - SJC to HNL

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:39 am

Maybe it's just me, but comments like "HA must have a lot of problems with the 767" are a moot point when you look at the nature of anything mechanical. In October, I flew LAX-HNL on HA, and there was an MX swap (A330 to 763) and once boarded, we were delayed by about two hours due to a fueling issue. When you look at the age of their 767s, problems will eventually become inevitable. I am of the opinion that regardless of maintenance procedures, anything mechanical can and will break down in time. Unless someone with (valid) internal knowledge of HA is reading this and would disagree, I'm inclined to believe that HA has a maintenance program that meets or even exceeds industry standards, and the issues they're facing, while they may be an inconvenience to the pax and ops, is no different than any other mx problems that any airline faces.

As an aside, someone mentioned that this airframe was to be retired in the near future. Will SJC see the A321, A330 or both? I'm still a little unclear - I was of the thought that A321 service connected the west coast with HA destinations other than HNL (OGG, KOA, etc). Is there any truth to that?

bzcat

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:53 am

My guess is SJC-HNL will be a A321 route.

A321 will be used in two ways:

Additional (seasonal?) frequencies from larger mainland stations (i.e. LAX/SFO) to OGG/KOA/LIH
and
Replacing 767 from HNL to smaller mainland stations

joeycapps

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:58 am

bzcat wrote:
My guess is SJC-HNL will be a A321 route.

A321 will be used in two ways:

Additional (seasonal?) frequencies from larger mainland stations (i.e. LAX/SFO) to OGG/KOA/LIH
and
Replacing 767 from HNL to smaller mainland stations

Thanks for confirming! I heard something along these lines apply for the first frames, and then as they expand the 321's, they'll be looking at new west coast destinations that have a demand, just not for wide body service.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos