Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
VCEflyboy
Topic Author
Posts: 1237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:14 pm

EK is rumoured to launch a fifth freedom flight from Milan MXP to the west coast of the USA - possibly LAX. The flight will likely operate with 4 weekly frequencies.
 
User avatar
neomax
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:26 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:16 pm

77W I’m guessing? JFK-MXP must be doing well if this is the case. I’m sure the US stance on not punishing the ME3 gave them a confidence boost to go ahead with this without fearing any real repurcussions.
 
UAEflyer
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:23 pm

don’t know if the demand is their for LAX, they reduced from double daily from their hub DXB. In addition to that rumour, some are saying that they will launch a destination in Central America. Also MEX via BCN or ZRH rumoured in a.net for a while.
 
User avatar
PatrickZ80
Posts: 4372
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:35 pm

Los Angeles would mean they'd be competing head to head with Norwegian. Interesting to see who'll win that battle.
 
BritTraveller
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:52 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:39 pm

It could be SFO/SEA/SAN

It could even be to a secondary airport like OAK/SJC/ONT
 
717atOGG
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:48 pm

That would be intriguing. Most likely to LAX or SFO on a 77W, and it could do well. I was actually thinking about new EK 5th freedoms earlier today, but I was thinking of DXB-LIS-LAX/SFO because LIS is a popular destination nowadays. I heard in the DY opening MXP-JFK/LAX thread that MXP is underserved to the US, so it'd be logical for EK to jump on that opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if they do it.
A320/321, A332, 712, 73G/8/9ER, 744, 752/3, E145, E175, CR9
 
airzona11
Posts: 1799
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:44 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:00 pm

Would the purpose be O/D? Does MXP have the F/J demand?
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 5334
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:10 pm

I would also throw in the remote possibility of SEA-MXP since they are partners with AS. But I think LAX/SFO are more likely.
 
User avatar
PatrickZ80
Posts: 4372
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:10 pm

717atOGG wrote:
I heard in the DY opening MXP-JFK/LAX thread that MXP is underserved to the US, so it'd be logical for EK to jump on that opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if they do it.


New York certainly isn't underserved anymore with Alitalia, American Airlines, Delta, Emirates and Meridiana flying to JFK and United flying to Newark. Just a matter of time before the first one drops out.
 
User avatar
Irehdna
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:40 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:32 pm

IMO DXB-MXP-SAN is probably most likely. The question is how many from SAN would continue to DXB then transfer to another flight.

Also a flight to PDX would be interesting.
 
User avatar
Irehdna
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:40 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:39 pm

Also where is the source for such a "rumour?" I couldn't find anything about this online. This thread could very well just be fandom.
 
User avatar
VCEflyboy
Topic Author
Posts: 1237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:12 pm

Source is EK italy staff. Rome and Bologna have been reduced recently so my guess is they’re launching this to maintain market share.
Also I’m guessing LAX as O&D demand is pretty strong.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26409
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:27 pm

Irehdna wrote:
IMO DXB-MXP-SAN is probably most likely. The question is how many from SAN would continue to DXB then transfer to another flight.

Also a flight to PDX would be interesting.


There is absolutely zero world in which SAN-MXP happens.
a.
 
smi0006
Posts: 2590
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:30 pm

Interesting, I wonder how this impacts IGs/QRs plans to start MXP as a hub for them? EK trying to shaft QRs plans before the demise of AZ?
 
tphuang
Posts: 5691
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:41 am

PatrickZ80 wrote:
717atOGG wrote:
I heard in the DY opening MXP-JFK/LAX thread that MXP is underserved to the US, so it'd be logical for EK to jump on that opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if they do it.


New York certainly isn't underserved anymore with Alitalia, American Airlines, Delta, Emirates and Meridiana flying to JFK and United flying to Newark. Just a matter of time before the first one drops out.


There is quite a bit of more business link between NYC and Milan with finance and fashion at the forefront, so it makes sense for there to be a lot of capacity between the 2 cities. Certainly, the greatest contributor to the low fares between the 2 cities is Emirates. If they ever drop off (let's hope not), the fares will go back up.

It would seem to me that Milan and LAX should have greater business demand than other west coast cities due to the fashion and entertainment links. And EK could probably kill DY on this route by dumping a bunch of seats and making up for it with premium cabin revenue.
 
User avatar
neomax
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:26 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:49 am

smi0006 wrote:
Interesting, I wonder how this impacts IGs/QRs plans to start MXP as a hub for them? EK trying to shaft QRs plans before the demise of AZ?


Never though about that until now, but EK definitely wants to develop MXP as a mini hub. No one knows what QR's ambitions actually are, but EK has put money where its mouth is, so QR should take them seriously, especially considering EK understands the longhaul market out of MXP better.
 
User avatar
neomax
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:26 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:52 am

MAH4546 wrote:
Irehdna wrote:
IMO DXB-MXP-SAN is probably most likely. The question is how many from SAN would continue to DXB then transfer to another flight.

Also a flight to PDX would be interesting.


There is absolutely zero world in which SAN-MXP happens.


Its not likely, but they would be the only ones flying SAN-MXP, so that is an advantage in itself, not to mention that SAN wants EK way more than LAX or SFO, and is thus willing to offer many more incentives.
 
bagoldex
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:06 am

neomax wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Irehdna wrote:
IMO DXB-MXP-SAN is probably most likely. The question is how many from SAN would continue to DXB then transfer to another flight.

Also a flight to PDX would be interesting.


There is absolutely zero world in which SAN-MXP happens.


Its not likely, but they would be the only ones flying SAN-MXP, so that is an advantage in itself, not to mention that SAN wants EK way more than LAX or SFO, and is thus willing to offer many more incentives.


Does a Cessna 402 have the legs? That's about how much demand there is between San Diego and Milan.
 
crownvic
Posts: 2743
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:59 am

I'm going to go out on a limb with saying it is LAS.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26409
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:59 am

neomax wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Irehdna wrote:
IMO DXB-MXP-SAN is probably most likely. The question is how many from SAN would continue to DXB then transfer to another flight.

Also a flight to PDX would be interesting.


There is absolutely zero world in which SAN-MXP happens.


Its not likely, but they would be the only ones flying SAN-MXP, so that is an advantage in itself, not to mention that SAN wants EK way more than LAX or SFO, and is thus willing to offer many more incentives.


It’s only an advantage if there is actually demand for SANMXP. There is not.
a.
 
User avatar
neomax
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:26 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:03 am

MAH4546 wrote:
neomax wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

There is absolutely zero world in which SAN-MXP happens.


Its not likely, but they would be the only ones flying SAN-MXP, so that is an advantage in itself, not to mention that SAN wants EK way more than LAX or SFO, and is thus willing to offer many more incentives.


It’s only an advantage if there is actually demand for SANMXP. There is not.


I disagree fundamentally. EK is one of the very few airlines in the world that can create demand in a market that previously could not support it, especially if being priced out by BA/JL is a factor. EK, if considering SAN would likely test the waters with MXP to stimulate the market and then go to a nonstop, where the connections would be more than enough to support the route. EK has the capacity and the brand to make it work, and while the chances of SAN making it this time are very slim, I am 95% sure that it will be part of the network in 5 years, and 100% sure it is on EK's radar today.
 
User avatar
ihikhi
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:16 am

crownvic wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb with saying it is LAS.

Good idea. They may have to operate this destination maybe from STN that they will launch later in June 2018.
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 4910
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:16 am

I would bet its SEA, LAX, or SFO. SEA would make some sense if they expect alot of connections on Alaska.

I do think Emirates will serve LAS-Europe but not from Milan.
 
IndianicWorld
Posts: 3404
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2001 11:32 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:20 am

The logic that it would choose a market because it is unserved, even if the market is far smaller, doesn’t exactly compute.

MXP-SAN would likely be a far riskier proposition, which is likely made moreso by the fact it would be a new destination with all the additional costs that entails.

The size of the LAX/SFO markets, especially the premium classes, could well outweigh having more competition to deal with.
 
JAAlbert
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:43 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:31 am

Irehdna wrote:
IMO DXB-MXP-SAN is probably most likely. The question is how many from SAN would continue to DXB then transfer to another flight.


What!? I can't imagine EK flying into SAN from MXP.. We in San Diego are gaining some new international routes, but a flight to MXP? If it isn't LAX I suspect it's either SEA or PDX.
 
TryToFlySomeday
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:51 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:23 am

Source?
Hoping its LAS
Pakistani American born and raised near CHI (ORD/MDW). Relatives are from both India and Pakistan
 
keitherson
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:24 am

I wonder what partner airline hub there is on the west coast that connects many Emirates fliers since they can't really feed the MXP side? HMMMMMM

LAX-MXP and SFO-MXP might not work since it would be completely seasonal. EK probably learnt their lesson from EWR-ATH.
 
User avatar
InnsbruckFlyer
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:33 am

Probably not LAX because of competition from AZ (from Rome, though). I would say SFO or SEA. Fingers crossed it's SEA!!
Last flown aircraft: DH8D OE-LGN < DH8D OE-LGI < E195 OE-LWE < DH8D OE-LGI < A320 D-AIUR < A320 D-AIZM < B738 PH-HZJ < B737 PH-XRD < B772 N766AN < B738 N855NN < B788 N45905 < A319 N808UA < A320 N482UA < B752 N19117
 
TryToFlySomeday
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:51 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:37 am

InnsbruckFlyer wrote:
Probably not LAX because of competition from AZ (from Rome, though). I would say SFO or SEA. Fingers crossed it's SEA!!

I’m selfishly hoping for LAS since my relative is there and cant fly any of the ME3 to KHI without connecting in LAX
Pakistani American born and raised near CHI (ORD/MDW). Relatives are from both India and Pakistan
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26409
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:04 am

neomax wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
neomax wrote:

Its not likely, but they would be the only ones flying SAN-MXP, so that is an advantage in itself, not to mention that SAN wants EK way more than LAX or SFO, and is thus willing to offer many more incentives.


It’s only an advantage if there is actually demand for SANMXP. There is not.


I disagree fundamentally. EK is one of the very few airlines in the world that can create demand in a market that previously could not support it, especially if being priced out by BA/JL is a factor. EK, if considering SAN would likely test the waters with MXP to stimulate the market and then go to a nonstop, where the connections would be more than enough to support the route. EK has the capacity and the brand to make it work, and while the chances of SAN making it this time are very slim, I am 95% sure that it will be part of the network in 5 years, and 100% sure it is on EK's radar today.


No, EK is not in a unique position to create demand. All airlines are in that position. But you can’t create demand out of just any city pair. SANMXP isn’t going to be a our one create demand in. Sure SAN may become part of EK’s network one day. It will absolutely not be via MXP, and the suggestions of others of PDXMXP, LASMXP and SEAMXP are just as inane. Milan is not a tourist destination for Americans, it’s a major industrial and finance hub but it’s business ties to the States are largely concentrated on the only two cities that have consistently supported Milan service over the past three decades (NY and Miami) and Italian tourists love the States but remain very NY/FL/CA-centric.
a.
 
flyboy7974
Posts: 1410
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:35 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:56 am

BritTraveller wrote:
It could be SFO/SEA/SAN

It could even be to a secondary airport like OAK/SJC/ONT



Honestly, you are joking, right? ONT from MXP?

They'd be looking to pull from first, a healthy population base, with second, and/or ties to the destination.

I grew up in the LA basin & you're lucky to get ppl to drive into the valley or even south for airline service, much less 60 miles east to ONT.

I'd bet on the obvious, SEA/SFO/LAX/SAN/LAS, minimal service or strong population base.
 
wenders825
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:08 am

who knows how legitimate this actually is but the vast majority of US-MXP demand is from JFK and MIA. how these money-is-not-an-obstacle airlines are starting all these routes is a bit mindboggling
 
keitherson
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:09 am

flyboy7974 wrote:
BritTraveller wrote:
It could be SFO/SEA/SAN

It could even be to a secondary airport like OAK/SJC/ONT



Honestly, you are joking, right? ONT from MXP?

They'd be looking to pull from first, a healthy population base, with second, and/or ties to the destination.

I grew up in the LA basin & you're lucky to get ppl to drive into the valley or even south for airline service, much less 60 miles east to ONT.

I'd bet on the obvious, SEA/SFO/LAX/SAN/LAS, minimal service or strong population base.


Perfect. Now I can fly MXP-ONT-TPE!! :lol:
 
Arion640
Posts: 3162
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:14 am

ihikhi wrote:
crownvic wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb with saying it is LAS.

Good idea. They may have to operate this destination maybe from STN that they will launch later in June 2018.


Really? STN would then have to go double daily to maintain at least a daily if one flight continues to LAS/somewhere else. I'd have doubts if the demand would be there.
 
LIPZ
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:29 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:25 am

Definitely a false rumour that they are going to launch such a new route.
The only truth is that it's ages since EK has been granted 4 more weekly flights to the US passing thorough Italy.
That's it.
 
TryToFlySomeday
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:51 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:02 am

LIPZ wrote:
Definitely a false rumour that they are going to launch such a new route.
The only truth is that it's ages since EK has been granted 4 more weekly flights to the US passing thorough Italy.
That's it.

Awwwww man.
Pakistani American born and raised near CHI (ORD/MDW). Relatives are from both India and Pakistan
 
migair54
Posts: 2452
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:24 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:38 pm

I think it has to be SFO, LAX or FLL, if you want to think about something out of the box, FLL could be a wildcard, very big hub for Jetblue, partner of EK and with a few weekly flights to DXB non stop, so adding 4 weekly via MXP could make it a daily to DXB 3-4 via MXP and 3-4 non stop.
 
User avatar
redzeppelin
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:32 pm

migair54 wrote:
I think it has to be SFO, LAX or FLL, if you want to think about something out of the box, FLL could be a wildcard...


This, along with related rumors about new flights from Europe to South America, is giving me wild visions of oddball RTW routes like DXB-MXP-FLL-SCL-SYD-DXB... I'll believe it when I see it.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26409
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:00 pm

migair54 wrote:
I think it has to be SFO, LAX or FLL, if you want to think about something out of the box, FLL could be a wildcard, very big hub for Jetblue, partner of EK and with a few weekly flights to DXB non stop, so adding 4 weekly via MXP could make it a daily to DXB 3-4 via MXP and 3-4 non stop.


Both Florida routes are back to daily, the cuts didn't last that long.
a.
 
COKMCI
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:42 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:17 pm

DXB-MPX-PHX?
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 1713
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:18 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
migair54 wrote:
I think it has to be SFO, LAX or FLL, if you want to think about something out of the box, FLL could be a wildcard, very big hub for Jetblue, partner of EK and with a few weekly flights to DXB non stop, so adding 4 weekly via MXP could make it a daily to DXB 3-4 via MXP and 3-4 non stop.


Both Florida routes are back to daily, the cuts didn't last that long.


Orlando doesn't go daily for a few more months:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-28dec17/

According to this article FLL isn't daily again until 5/2/2018:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/ ... auderdale/

Where are you seeing they're back to daily? The cuts lasted for just shy of a year - how is that "not that long?"

Also to note - FLL will be the only US destination served by EK without a first class cabin. In fact it's the first 77L destination for EK that loses it. Guess FLL hasn't been a very premium market for EK.
Last edited by clrd4t8koff on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1512
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:19 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
Irehdna wrote:
IMO DXB-MXP-SAN is probably most likely. The question is how many from SAN would continue to DXB then transfer to another flight.

Also a flight to PDX would be interesting.


There is absolutely zero world in which SAN-MXP happens.


Agreed. That would be nuts.
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
migair54
Posts: 2452
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:24 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:39 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
migair54 wrote:
Also to note - FLL will be the only US destination served by EK without a first class cabin. In fact it's the first 77L destination for EK that loses it. Guess FLL hasn't been a very premium market for EK.


That's true, I forgot about that, FLL will get the new B77L cabin with 38 business only and around 270 in economy.

MAH4546 wrote:
Both Florida routes are back to daily, the cuts didn't last that long.

Actually I think most of the cuts are still in place, SEA, LAX, BOS, FLL and MCO are still reduced, MCO soon to get back to daily, and DFW and IAH are B77W when they were A380, however I think they were downgauge before the cuts.

I think the MXP-JFK is doing quite well for EK, it's A380 and I heard most of the time is quite full.
 
User avatar
DLHAM
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:10 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:40 pm

bagoldex wrote:
neomax wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

There is absolutely zero world in which SAN-MXP happens.


Its not likely, but they would be the only ones flying SAN-MXP, so that is an advantage in itself, not to mention that SAN wants EK way more than LAX or SFO, and is thus willing to offer many more incentives.


Does a Cessna 402 have the legs? That's about how much demand there is between San Diego and Milan.


I am pretty sure there is more demand than this. But definitely there are other destinations with more demand.
My Instagram Account: Instagram
 
airbazar
Posts: 10220
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:01 pm

migair54 wrote:
I think the MXP-JFK is doing quite well for EK, it's A380 and I heard most of the time is quite full.

The fares however are cheap. My wife recently had a business trip to northern Italy, from Boston and by far the cheapest option (and the one she took), was BOS-JFK-MXP with B6/EK.
 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 1713
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:03 pm

Interesting to see EK is cutting JFK further, reducing from 3x to 2x daily DXB-JFK n/s and 1x DXB-MXP-JFK.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26409
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:21 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
migair54 wrote:
I think it has to be SFO, LAX or FLL, if you want to think about something out of the box, FLL could be a wildcard, very big hub for Jetblue, partner of EK and with a few weekly flights to DXB non stop, so adding 4 weekly via MXP could make it a daily to DXB 3-4 via MXP and 3-4 non stop.


Both Florida routes are back to daily, the cuts didn't last that long.


Orlando doesn't go daily for a few more months:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-28dec17/

According to this article FLL isn't daily again until 5/2/2018:

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/ ... auderdale/

Where are you seeing they're back to daily? The cuts lasted for just shy of a year - how is that "not that long?"

Also to note - FLL will be the only US destination served by EK without a first class cabin. In fact it's the first 77L destination for EK that loses it. Guess FLL hasn't been a very premium market for EK.


Umm, you just proved that they are back to daily. And given that EK has only one aircraft type that can fly to FLL (a 77W cannot take off from FLL and make it to Dubai) and is removing F from that entire aircraft type, please do tell, what else should EK do?
a.
 
dubaiamman243
Posts: 1153
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:35 pm

migair54 wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

That's true, I forgot about that, FLL will get the new B77L cabin with 38 business only and around 270 in economy.


Actually I think most of the cuts are still in place, SEA, LAX, BOS, FLL and MCO are still reduced, MCO soon to get back to daily, and DFW and IAH are B77W when they were A380, however I think they were downgauge before the cuts.

I think the MXP-JFK is doing quite well for EK, it's A380 and I heard most of the time is quite full.


MCO will be back to daily B77W starting from 25MAR18.
The next airline CEO :crossfingers:
 
bagoldex
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:39 pm

DLHAM wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
neomax wrote:

Its not likely, but they would be the only ones flying SAN-MXP, so that is an advantage in itself, not to mention that SAN wants EK way more than LAX or SFO, and is thus willing to offer many more incentives.


Does a Cessna 402 have the legs? That's about how much demand there is between San Diego and Milan.


I am pretty sure there is more demand than this. But definitely there are other destinations with more demand.


Ok, Beech 1900.
 
EarlyLateORD
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Re: Rumour: EK to launch West Coast US flight from MXP

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:39 pm

5th Freedom routes are a great way for EK to grow their network. Its probably our only chance of getting EK service at MSP. Would love to see MSP-FCO-DXB 3-4 times per week, perhaps dovetailed with DTW-FCO-DXB.

Adam

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos