Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zkncj

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - January 2018

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:22 am

qf789 wrote:
As someone who lives in PER I don't necessarily think that QF needs to offer a daily service, but something more than what they currently offer, I think 3 weekly would do fine to start with and frequencies can be added as the route grows and the likes of FRA & CDG come online. Also the A332's are only good for 8 hours flying due to no crew rests being on them and until that is fixed a AKL-LAX flight is not possible. A better option would be providing connections to feed the AA flight from AKL

It has ben done before on AKL-LAX on QF25/26 with an A332 (which was towards the end of the route), Although the years of on/off 743's didn't help that route at all.

qf002

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:32 am

smi0006 wrote:
Hypotheticall would it be worthwhile keeping a 744 in mid term storage in Alice for additionally flying/slack over New Years period until the 744ER are retired?

They already essentially have this buffer built in due to the A380 maintenance programme which has 1 frame out of service for 10 months of the year, returning during December-January to provide additional summer capacity.

I'd argue that, given this is the third (or fourth?) summer in a row that we have seen QF's long-haul network basically collapse in on itself due to over-scheduling, they are comfortable that the cost of potential disruptions is outweighed by the additional revenue/profits they make by selling those extra seats.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen them leverage the A330 fleet to provide some relief by operating sectors to HKG and HND. I guess it comes down to the availability of crew.

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:33 am

zkncj wrote:
qf789 wrote:
As someone who lives in PER I don't necessarily think that QF needs to offer a daily service, but something more than what they currently offer, I think 3 weekly would do fine to start with and frequencies can be added as the route grows and the likes of FRA & CDG come online. Also the A332's are only good for 8 hours flying due to no crew rests being on them and until that is fixed a AKL-LAX flight is not possible. A better option would be providing connections to feed the AA flight from AKL

It has ben done before on AKL-LAX on QF25/26 with an A332 (which was towards the end of the route), Although the years of on/off 743's didn't help that route at all.

I am well aware of that but that route was flown with an international configured A332 36J199Y of which the 4 A332's that could operate the route 2 have left the fleet and the other 2 are already dedicated on other services primarily QF107/108 SYD-PEK and QF5/6 SYD-SIN and are due to be refurbished into the same configuration the rest of the fleet is, that being 28J243Y and as I said they don't have crew rests and therefore cannot operate a 12-13hr flight such as AKL-LAX
Forum Moderator

RyanairGuru

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:00 am

EK413 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
EK413 wrote:

Haven’t had any updates but yeah word was these S,T,U will stay but who knows.

I know -OJM was 1 cycle short of a D check so they certainly her retirement down to every second.

EK413

Well hopefully they do stay

Just for a change QF12 is delayed out of JFK, currently listed time for departure is 2030 but I will say it will much later, as a result QF16 has been delayed to 120am departure from LAX atm

Hope so too.

Those multi sector flights usually take a week to recover which is why sectors such as HND,SCL,JNB, DFW are targeted from a recovery perspective.

EK413

HND is the natural fall guy as the aircraft spends 17 hours on the ground. A 22:00 arrival, 23:30 departure means that the aircraft gets back to SYD at about 11;00. Plenty of time to get QF27, QF73 or QF18 out on time. The only passengers really impacted are those on QF25.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

RyanairGuru

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 am

qf789 wrote:
zkncj wrote:
qf789 wrote:

I am well aware of that but that route was flown with an international configured A332 36J199Y of which the 4 A332's that could operate the route 2 have left the fleet and the other 2 are already dedicated on other services primarily QF107/108 SYD-PEK and QF5/6 SYD-SIN and are due to be refurbished into the same configuration the rest of the fleet is, that being 28J243Y and as I said they don't have crew rests and therefore cannot operate a 12-13hr flight such as AKL-LAX

Those two aircraft do have crew rest which is why they are used to PEK, which requires 3 crew.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:10 am

VH-OQL has left DFW operating the normal QF8, about an hour ahead is VH-OQJ operating the delayed QF8D

https://www.flightradar24.com/QFA8D/100d89a1

QF12 JFK-LAX is expected to arrive at LAX around 2330 local time

All 4 flights departing LAX - QF12, QF16, QF94 and QF96 are now delayed - departures ranging from 30 minutes past midnight to 2am

QF7 SYD-DFW has currently a 40 minute delay
Forum Moderator

smi0006

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:40 am

qf002 wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
Hypotheticall would it be worthwhile keeping a 744 in mid term storage in Alice for additionally flying/slack over New Years period until the 744ER are retired?

They already essentially have this buffer built in due to the A380 maintenance programme which has 1 frame out of service for 10 months of the year, returning during December-January to provide additional summer capacity.

I'd argue that, given this is the third (or fourth?) summer in a row that we have seen QF's long-haul network basically collapse in on itself due to over-scheduling, they are comfortable that the cost of potential disruptions is outweighed by the additional revenue/profits they make by selling those extra seats.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen them leverage the A330 fleet to provide some relief by operating sectors to HKG and HND. I guess it comes down to the availability of crew.

True, I was thinking was the second time, but you’re right it’s the fourth. With the deviated QF facility opening LAX I was expecting the number of delays to reduce but doesn’t seem so much, although weather has been a big impact - I do love the 380 but they seem to be moody and go out of service together lol. Where as the 744 are just a weary old lady.

ZK-NBT

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:46 am

EK413 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
EK413 wrote:

Hope so too.

Those multi sector flights usually take a week to recover which is why sectors such as HND,SCL,JNB, DFW are targeted from a recovery perspective.

EK413

Yes agreed

I do wonder if these delays continue that ZNA/ZNB could be used to operate another transpac flight if needed as there is no flight on Wed from MEL and no flight Tues from LAX

I’m curious to know what -ZNA/B will do during their downtime? Sure raises the question whether or not they could be used to release some of the pressure.

EK413

What downtime? They have 1 spare day a week which gives them slack and extended ground time, they still need a monthly A check but yes maybe they could cover the rest of the long haul fleet on the weeks they aren’t in for an A check, it would need to be to LAX at this stage being that’s the only route. Maybe it could route MEL-LAX-SYD-LAX that day and run a SYD-LAX rather than the additional 744 service that runs 1 day. But really not much downtime.

ZK-NBT

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:56 am

planemanofnz wrote:
EK413 wrote:
Any updates on the QF/AA JSA? I’m confident if given the green light AA will jump onto MEL & potentially BNE providing QF much needed capacity relief.

I too am interested in this - hopefully an approval by US DOT this coming year will also produce a year-round AKL - LAX service on AA and/or QF.

Further, in light of discussions above on a year-round AKL - PER service on QF, could a same-plane PER - AKL - LAX - AKL - PER service work?

PER is the largest city in Australia without a same-plane service to North America, and an AKL transit (in one terminal) is superior than a SYD one.

Further, demand to/from PER might help to off-set any negative implications from the seasonality of demand to New Zealand, from North America.

Three recent developments which could support such a service, are:

- JQ's new domestic NZ operations, which help to provide feed to any AKL - LAX service
- QF's new PER - LHR service, which AKL could provide a level of feed for, if necessary
- A recovery from the mining bust, which I assume will likely increase demand out of PER

I appreciate that QF does not just have 789s floating about, and that this route would therefore not be a priority, but it is just a thought to consider.

Cheers,

C.

What’s this talk of QF on AKL-LAX? As you say they don’t have the equipment and AA operate it now, hopefully a JV AA/QF would give AA the confidence to run AKL-LAX year round, and I agree probably supplement QF on BNE/MEL-LAX.

JQ and before that QF had domestic services in NZ since 2000 when QF took over AN in NZ after AN went under, they also had an ADL service connecting to LAX both ways 3 days in AKL.

As to PER-AKL-LAX as said They will run LHR-PER-MEL-LAX same plane change of flight number at MEL when that starts, maybe in future if they add other European routes from PER which originate in BNE/MEL/SYD they can run FRA-PER-SYD-YVR and CDG-PER-BNE-ORD etc.

HM7

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:01 am

Honestly I dont think Qantas cares about delays. Theyre happy running a super tight, cost-efficient operation to the US despite constant delays because whose going to choose United over Qantas? Or American? Brand-wise you cant get any worse than the US big three. And VA cant match capacity/route choice to the US, so theyre not a real threat either. Even with delays, Qantas has a quality monopoly on these routes.
CRJ200, CRJ700, CRJ900, Q400, E175, E195, MD88, MD90, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A388, B712, B734, B738, B739, B752, B762, B763ER, B789, B744, B744ER

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:06 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
EK413 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Yes agreed

I do wonder if these delays continue that ZNA/ZNB could be used to operate another transpac flight if needed as there is no flight on Wed from MEL and no flight Tues from LAX

I’m curious to know what -ZNA/B will do during their downtime? Sure raises the question whether or not they could be used to release some of the pressure.

EK413

What downtime? They have 1 spare day a week which gives them slack and extended ground time, they still need a monthly A check but yes maybe they could cover the rest of the long haul fleet on the weeks they aren’t in for an A check, it would need to be to LAX at this stage being that’s the only route. Maybe it could route MEL-LAX-SYD-LAX that day and run a SYD-LAX rather than the additional 744 service that runs 1 day. But really not much downtime.

I was talking about acting as a once off to alleviate some of the pressure they are currently under. We have already seen one flight JFK-LAX flight cancelled and there is the possibility of more and some passengers cant get flights out of JFK until tomorrow and those passengers will need to be put on other services back to Australia and given the time of year they may not have enough seats to bump them to the next flight
Forum Moderator

planemanofnz

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:07 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
What’s this talk of QF on AKL-LAX? As you say they don’t have the equipment and AA operate it now, hopefully a JV AA/QF would give AA the confidence to run AKL-LAX year round, and I agree probably supplement QF on BNE/MEL-LAX.

It would be a JV - therefore it is possible that:

- AA could operate during the New Zealand summer months, when most travel is in-bound (given AA's greater brand recognition in North America)
- QF could operating during the New Zealand winter months, when most travel is out-bound (given QF's greater brand recognition in New Zealand)

This would be similar to what NZ and SQ have announced recently, in respect of re-structuring their JV on the AKL - SIN route, on a seasonal basis.

ZK-NBT wrote:
JQ and before that QF had domestic services in NZ since 2000 when QF took over AN in NZ after AN went under, they also had an ADL service connecting to LAX both ways 3 days in AKL.

AFAIK, the QF Group has not had regional services here to the likes of NPE, NPL, NSN or PMR for at least 15 years - JQ has now provided that.

It is that regional connectivity that could get the AKL - LAX route (year-round) over the line for our winter period, when demand is more out-bound.

Cheers,

C.

ZK-NBT

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:25 am

qf789 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
EK413 wrote:

EK413

I was talking about acting as a once off to alleviate some of the pressure they are currently under. We have already seen one flight JFK-LAX flight cancelled and there is the possibility of more and some passengers cant get flights out of JFK until tomorrow and those passengers will need to be put on other services back to Australia and given the time of year they may not have enough seats to bump them to the next flight

Right, there’s nothing you can do about the weather which makes the JFK flight marginal, probably best when the weather is bad like it is now to just cancel the LAX-JFK sector and put them on AA, I agree that means those booked to SYD/MEL/BNE May get stuck unless they can route them via DFW/SFO/YVR/HNL, difficult really.

planemanofnz wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

It would be a JV - therefore it is possible that:

- AA could operate during the New Zealand summer months, when most travel is in-bound (given AA's greater brand recognition in North America)
- QF could operating during the New Zealand winter months, when most travel is out-bound (given QF's greater brand recognition in New Zealand)

This would be similar to what NZ and SQ have announced recently, in respect of re-structuring their JV on the AKL - SIN route, on a seasonal basis.

ZK-NBT wrote:

AFAIK, the QF Group has not had regional services here to the likes of NPE, NPL, NSN or PMR for at least 15 years - JQ has now provided that.

It is that regional connectivity that could get the AKL - LAX route (year-round) over the line for our winter period, when demand is more out-bound.

Cheers,

C.

Hmm interesting re the JV and AKL-LAX, QF would need a lot more 789’s unless they ran a 5 weekly 744 but really that’s to big and not efficient on a route like AKL-LAX. Re JQ regional it would be interesting to see how much feed they could put into such a service.

RyanairGuru

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:47 am

No one flying between LAX and NYC has the capacity to accommodate 200-300 passengers from QF. Not AA, not anyone. It’s why QF could never leave the New York market. On a good day you could reaccommodate all the passengers through other hubs like DFW and ORD, but cancelling QF11/12 LAX-JFK-LAX is a lot easier to say than actually do, especially when AA, UA etc are affected by the exact same weather and canceling their own flights.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

ZK-NBT

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:16 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
No one flying between LAX and NYC has the capacity to accommodate 200-300 passengers from QF. Not AA, not anyone. It’s why QF could never leave the New York market. On a good day you could reaccommodate all the passengers through other hubs like DFW and ORD, but cancelling QF11/12 LAX-JFK-LAX is a lot easier to say than actually do, especially when AA, UA etc are affected by the exact same weather and canceling their own flights.

Yes but for QF it means risking getting an aircraft stuck at JFK for potentially days in the peak Australian summer season potentially disrupting a good portion of QF’s own network. QF could put some on their own service the following day, and AA might have capacity elsewhere in the network to upgauge a flight or 2 on LAX-JFK, I get that AA operate hundreds of flight across the US but it low season in Europe so maybe a bit of wide body capacity not in maintenance.

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:39 am

Update on LAX flights

All 4 flights have departed LAX with QF16 being the last about 45 minutes ago

QF94 is expected to arrive around 1130-12pm so there will about a 3hr delay to QF93 tomorrow
QF96 is about 8 minutes behind QF94 so QF95 should depart as scheduled
QF12 due in SYD around 1130
QF16 due in BNE around 1030, it looks like QF may have to position aircraft so QF15 goes out on time
Forum Moderator

jetfuel

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:58 am

Anybody hear about the dramas today with VH-QPA.?
Where's the passion gone out of the airline industry? The smell of jetfuel and the romance of taking a flight....

EK413

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 pm

qf789 wrote:
VH-OQL has left DFW operating the normal QF8, about an hour ahead is VH-OQJ operating the delayed QF8D

All 4 flights departing LAX - QF12, QF16, QF94 and QF96 are now delayed - departures ranging from 30 minutes past midnight to 2am

& the delays roll-on with today’s QF11 rescheduled for tomorrow further delayed now ETD1315LT. The QF93 delayed with a ETD1330LT due to late arrival of QF94.

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

EK413

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:19 pm

jetfuel wrote:

Mech diversion

EK413

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:23 pm

EK413 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

& the delays roll-on with today’s QF11 rescheduled for tomorrow further delayed now ETD1315LT. The QF93 delayed with a ETD1330LT due to late arrival of QF94.

EK413

With QF93 delayed could that have a knock on effect for QF12 to JFK
Forum Moderator

EK413

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:29 pm

qf789 wrote:
EK413 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

EK413

With QF93 delayed could that have a knock on effect for QF12 to JFK

Sure will unless they hold the QF11 for the connex ex-QF93. But as you mentioned practically every flight ex-LAX is late tonight and continuing the knock on effect.
The only way to recover would be to cancel the LAX-JFK-LAX tag but we all know the nightmare it’ll create.

EK413

jetfuel

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:34 pm

qf789 wrote:
EK413 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

Mech diversion

EK413

So another aircraft out of action, any ideas what the problem is?

At Sydney Domestic QF the automated baggage checkin decided to stop working today

Looked serious when it landed as it was stuck on the Runway and they had to close it until a tug arrived
Where's the passion gone out of the airline industry? The smell of jetfuel and the romance of taking a flight....

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:37 pm

EK413 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

Mech diversion

EK413

At Sydney Domestic QF the automated baggage checkin decided to stop working today
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:56 pm

Well I'm sure not everyone will agree with the following but here goes

CNN Travel has named Perth as one of the top 18 places to visit around the world this year. Perth has been described as Australia's "Capital of Cool"

Dubbed Australia’s “Capital of Cool” by American travel writer Chris Dwyer in December, Perth is vaulting into must-visit lists from around the world.
CNN Travel this week ranked Perth among its 18 best places to visit in 2018, writing the city “seems to have finally hit its stride”.
After praising new designer hotels Aloft and Tribe Perth, the article highlights the city’s burgeoning night life and a restaurant scene that now offers more options per capita than Sydney or Melbourne.
“But that’s just what’s happening downtown. From pristine beaches to oceanfront cycling and whale-spotting, Perth also offers timeless natural adventures,” it continues.
It is not just international visitors flocking to our sandy shores either, with Australian website Traveller urging Eastern States tourists to ditch Dubai in favour of Perth as the new gateway to Europe.

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/cnn-trav ... b88707476z

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/p ... index.html
Forum Moderator

IndianicWorld

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Damn, QF really are having a hard time of it lately.

They do work their fleet hard though, which does create some significant changes at times like this, but even with more spares the amount of issues at once would be a challenge .

qf789 wrote:

CNN Travel has named Perth as one of the top 18 places to visit around the world this year. Perth has been described as Australia's "Capital of Cool"

Dubbed Australia’s “Capital of Cool” by American travel writer Chris Dwyer in December, Perth is vaulting into must-visit lists from around the world.
CNN Travel this week ranked Perth among its 18 best places to visit in 2018, writing the city “seems to have finally hit its stride”.
After praising new designer hotels Aloft and Tribe Perth, the article highlights the city’s burgeoning night life and a restaurant scene that now offers more options per capita than Sydney or Melbourne.
“But that’s just what’s happening downtown. From pristine beaches to oceanfront cycling and whale-spotting, Perth also offers timeless natural adventures,” it continues.
It is not just international visitors flocking to our sandy shores either, with Australian website Traveller urging Eastern States tourists to ditch Dubai in favour of Perth as the new gateway to Europe.

Interesting read but it is important to add that those travel sites seem to come up with new places each year to focus on as the next ‘cool’ thing. Good to see it get its time to shine though.

What I can judge things on is my own experiences on travels there and those I know. It’s taken steps in the right direction but not sure ‘cool’ would describe it for me yet.

XAM2175

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:41 pm

jetfuel wrote:

EK413 wrote:
Mech diversion
(QF579 ex-SYD for PER diverted to MEL)

Wasn't aware the A333s were being used domestically...

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:50 pm

XAM2175 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

EK413 wrote:
Mech diversion
(QF579 ex-SYD for PER diverted to MEL)

Wasn't aware the A333s were being used domestically...

Sometimes they are used on SYD-MEL sectors but its rare to see them on trans con
Forum Moderator

XAM2175

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:10 pm

How are they configured at the moment? I understood the A332s were getting the J suites and Y refresh first, so the 333s must look pretty dowdy in comparison.

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:25 pm

XAM2175 wrote:
How are they configured at the moment? I understood the A332s were getting the J suites and Y refresh first, so the 333s must look pretty dowdy in comparison.

The whole A330 fleet have been refurbished with the exception of the 2 internationally configured A332's EBG and EBL which are due to reconfigured soon

A333's are configured 28J269Y while the A332's are configured 28J243Y, the 2 international configured are 36J199Y
Forum Moderator

ben175

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:39 pm

A friend of mine who is QF crew said one of the reasons that QF96 is always late is that it uses the same gate as a 380 and has to be towed over once QF94 has left.

XAM2175

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:22 pm

qf789 wrote:
The whole A330 fleet have been refurbished with the exception of the 2 internationally configured A332's EBG and EBL which are due to reconfigured soon

I'm out of touch, it seems! Cheers mate.

EK413

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:13 pm

ben175 wrote:
A friend of mine who is QF crew said one of the reasons that QF96 is always late is that it uses the same gate as a 380 and has to be towed over once QF94 has left.

Correct, TBIT is a nightmare best of times & throw in a delayed QF12 JFK-LAX chances are you end up on a bus bay. Top it all off a delayed QF94/12 results in a delayed KE etc as they utilise the same bays. The TBIT concourse extension couldn’t come soon enough.

EK413

aerokiwi

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:02 pm

FYI if you're flying VA domestic this morning out of Sydney - checkin kiosks are all down, very long queues. Not sure if affecting other ports. So... get there early, ditch the checkin luggage and/or checkin online.

CraigAnderson

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:51 pm

aerokiwi wrote:
FYI if you're flying VA domestic this morning out of Sydney - checkin kiosks are all down, very long queues. Not sure if affecting other ports. So... get there early, ditch the checkin luggage and/or checkin online.

How does this keep happening? Wasn't this supposed to be a thing of the past when Virgin moved from Navitaire to Sabre several years ago? But it seems like every few months (although I'm sure it's not quite that often) there's another VA checkin crash.

CraigAnderson

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:01 pm

qf789 wrote:

Given that the author is not CNN staff but a "freelance writer and editor" who "also provides consulting, copy writing and blogging services to several corporate clients" , and on her personal website at https://kate-springer.com/springer-crea ... -services/ she promotes her 'professional services' via Springer Creative where a "professional team of writers, editors, translators and photographers works with businesses to achieve short-term and long-term goals. Whether you need a hand with your website, blogs, catalogs, social media, books, press releases, or integrated projects, Springer Creative provides high-quality content on time, every time.", I would not be surprised if she has received payment from WA Tourism or some such body through her client services for this story placement.

I do like Perth but come on, "Australia's capital of cool"? Compared to Melbourne for example? That's an idiotic claim for a 'journalist' to make.

MooLor

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:16 pm

CraigAnderson wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Given that the author is not CNN staff but a "freelance writer and editor" who "also provides consulting, copy writing and blogging services to several corporate clients" , and on her personal website at https://kate-springer.com/springer-crea ... -services/ she promotes her 'professional services' via Springer Creative where a "professional team of writers, editors, translators and photographers works with businesses to achieve short-term and long-term goals. Whether you need a hand with your website, blogs, catalogs, social media, books, press releases, or integrated projects, Springer Creative provides high-quality content on time, every time.", I would not be surprised if she has received payment from WA Tourism or some such body through her client services for this story placement.

I do like Perth but come on, "Australia's capital of cool"? Compared to Melbourne for example? That's an idiotic claim for a 'journalist' to make.

So you're upset that she believes Perth is "cooler" than Melbourne then?

qf2220

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:37 pm

qf002 wrote:

I'd argue that saying that the network has collapsed at this point in time and for 3 previous summers is a massive overstatement. The majority of people are getting to the places that they have booked to go within a reasonable timeframe, and the current blips we are seeing are just that...

IndianicWorld

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:54 pm

MooLor wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:
qf789 wrote:

I tend to think most people would think that Perth being ‘cooler’ than Sydney or Melbourne is a bit of a stretch.

No ones upset, but just interesting reading :)

waoz1

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:56 pm

CraigAnderson wrote:
qf789 wrote:

I thought I would google the word "cool" and unfortunately Melbourne doesn't own that trademark.
Any Australian city getting positive media outside of the country should be applauded and its nice to see that we aren't all seen as the Sydney and Melbourne show.

Also Oxford dictionary claims Cool is
approving
(informal) used to show that you admire or approve of something because it is fashionable, attractive and often different

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:21 am

QF's LAX-JFK-LAX flight for Sunday has been cancelled, most likely due to QF11 SYD-LAX being delayed 24 hours
Forum Moderator

EK413

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:33 am

qf789 wrote:
QF's LAX-JFK-LAX flight for Sunday has been cancelled, most likely due to QF11 SYD-LAX being delayed 24 hours

Well there you go hopefully this will bring the schedule back online ;)

EK413

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:34 am

jetfuel wrote:
qf789 wrote:
EK413 wrote:

Mech diversion

EK413

Looked serious when it landed as it was stuck on the Runway and they had to close it until a tug arrived

QPA is now back in service, so cant be too serious, QPA ferried to BNE to operate QF97 to HKG

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/vh-qpa
Forum Moderator

Obzerva

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:35 am

MI have commenced the 737MAXs in to DRW (yesterday) and CNS today.

waoz1

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:33 am

Rex and Skippers set to sign 5 year deal with WA government from July 2018

Skippers to fly Perth - Northern Goldfields routes
Rex to take over Perth-Carnarvon-Monkey Mia route

https://www.businessnews.com.au/article ... egional-WA

EK413

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:42 am

qf789 wrote:
jetfuel wrote:
qf789 wrote:

QPA is now back in service, so cant be too serious, QPA ferried to BNE to operate QF97 to HKG

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/vh-qpa

Credit to QF engineers even though the fleet is stretched the engineering crew are quick to get those birds back up and flying
:airplane:

EK413

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:09 am

SYD-MEL route is now second busiest route in the world, while SYD-BNE has moved up to 8th position

https://www.ausbt.com.au/sydney-melbour ... ource=grid
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:15 am

Obzerva wrote:
MI have commenced the 737MAXs in to DRW (yesterday) and CNS today.

Here's a few pics of the arrival into DRW

And of course celebrating with a cake

http://australianaviation.com.au/2018/0 ... -operator/
Forum Moderator

TN486

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:01 am

MooLor wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:
qf789 wrote:

"You think"!! LOL
remember the t shirt "I own an airline"on the front - "qantas" on the back

zkncj

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:25 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
[
Hmm interesting re the JV and AKL-LAX, QF would need a lot more 789’s unless they ran a 5 weekly 744 but really that’s to big and not efficient on a route like AKL-LAX. Re JQ regional it would be interesting to see how much feed they could put into such a service.

Do wonder that - if any?

Don't think with JQ's current reputation in the New Zealand regional market, that many people would be willing to risk the start of there trip on an JQ regional flight.

If Qantas was to re launch AKL-LAX (rather than AA doing it), I think it would probably be best to move away from the JQ brand on the New Zealand domestic flights either operate them as Qantas or use an different brand.

CraigAnderson

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 am

How many 787 routes remain for QF to announce before their first eight Dreamliners are all spoken for, and will those all be ex-BNE or is there another ex-MEL route on the cards?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos