Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Adipocere

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:55 pm

chrisair wrote:
MO11 wrote:
According to the Republic he gets a $56 parking ticket. Of course, the rental car is trashed, so I hope he paid for the LDW.

I wonder if the LDW (or the credit card version of it) covers damage caused by the bomb squad?

If this person gets away scot free with only a $56 fine, it’s a travesty. He caused as much disruption as someone calling in a b-word threat and that carries a much more severe penalty.

910A

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:31 pm

chrisair wrote:
MO11 wrote:
According to the Republic he gets a $56 parking ticket. Of course, the rental car is trashed, so I hope he paid for the LDW.

I wonder if the LDW (or the credit card version of it) covers damage caused by the bomb squad?

I doubt it. Wasn't an accident, intentional act. When the rental car company get's done with him.....

MO11

Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:01 pm

Adipocere wrote:
chrisair wrote:
MO11 wrote:

If this person gets away scot free with only a $56 fine, it’s a travesty. He caused as much disruption as someone calling in a b-word threat and that carries a much more severe penalty.

Well, that's the only violation of law he committed. Of course, there's the tow charge.

There are no additional laws/penalties for parking in "No Parking/Tow Away" zones at the airport. What bothered everyone is that he left the car running.

skyharborshome

Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:25 pm

Yes, I can see (though I hate it) that the issue is intent. He did not intend to protest or to punish anyone or cause a delay of any type. The FAA could possibly put him on a list saying he caused a flight disruption, which he did. He would have to challenge it in court and not sure how that ruling would be decided. His actions were clearly negligent and not that of a reasonable person so I could see lawsuits of which may be a waste of time if he cannot afford to pay them. Hopefully something we will not see again for a long time.
Fly CHD!

travaz

Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:15 am

According to ABC 15 he will have to pay the tow fee! :butthead:

BA744PHX

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:57 am

wn676 wrote:
Raventech wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

Thanks @atcsundevil, I didnt know T3N was going to be renovated, will it be similar to T3S?

It won't be a tear down rebuild like T3S, its closer to take it back to the studs kind of remodel.

There will be some structural changes to the facility, including a mid-concourse bump out on both sides of the building right around where Gates 18-20 are today. The roof is also being redesigned.

By any chance are there renderings of T3N?

MO11

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:19 am

BA744PHX wrote:
wn676 wrote:
Raventech wrote:

It won't be a tear down rebuild like T3S, its closer to take it back to the studs kind of remodel.

There will be some structural changes to the facility, including a mid-concourse bump out on both sides of the building right around where Gates 18-20 are today. The roof is also being redesigned.

Slides 16 & 19

https://www.skyharbor.com/TerminalModernization/concept-illustrations

BA744PHX

Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:04 am

MO11 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
wn676 wrote:

Slides 16 & 19

https://www.skyharbor.com/TerminalModernization/concept-illustrations

Thanks!!

wetpantsmcgee

Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:10 am

wn676 wrote:
The roof is also being redesigned.

Let's hope so. It leaks something awful when it rains.

allegiantflyer

Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:28 am

Sorry if it has already been discussed but we have some good news. AS appears to be returning their SFO-PHX flight 2 times daily for spring 2019. Now if only we can get it year round.

Also service on this route will be on the ex-VX airbus series!

clrd4t8koff

Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:46 am

Hello, I don't follow the Phoenix thread so go easy on me here :angel:

Today I noticed that BA has 2 flights LHR-PHX, both on 744's...which got me wondering - how has VS & D8 not started a LHR/LGW-PHX, even seasonally? I understand PHX is an AA hub, but I somewhat see PHX as similar to AUS in that AA has a stronghold on the market, yet D8 has been able to successfully enter the AUS market even though BA went into it first.

I'd be interested in understanding why PHX has such little service to EU outside BA.

FA9295

Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:47 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:

Today I noticed that BA has 2 flights LHR-PHX, both on 744's...which got me wondering - how has VS & D8 not started a LHR/LGW-PHX, even seasonally? I understand PHX is an AA hub, but I somewhat see PHX as similar to AUS in that AA has a stronghold on the market, yet D8 has been able to successfully enter the AUS market even though BA went into it first.

I'd be interested in understanding why PHX has such little service to EU outside BA.

AUS is not a hub for AA, while PHX is. And since AA/BA have a join-venture partnership, BA can attract a lot more customers with connecting itineraries through AA.

INFINITI329

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:10 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
So with T3S opening later this year (i assume) will United open a lounge or no longer have a PHX location?

Delta will open a Delta Sky Club in T3S when it opens soon (will be renamed Concourse F). United will open a new United Club in T3N (will be renamed Concourse E) when it opens in two years.

I was thinking the whole of T3 would have reverted to F saving E for the Southwest's new concourse but I guess not. Have those 10 F gates been assigned (in theory) yet?

1337Delta764

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:21 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
So with T3S opening later this year (i assume) will United open a lounge or no longer have a PHX location?

Delta will open a Delta Sky Club in T3S when it opens soon (will be renamed Concourse F). United will open a new United Club in T3N (will be renamed Concourse E) when it opens in two years.

I was thinking the whole of T3 would have reverted to F saving E for the Southwest's new concourse but I guess not. Have those 10 F gates been assigned (in theory) yet?

Southwest's new pier will be an extension of Concourse D. All other concourses in T4 have two piers; currently Concourse D only has one pier.

skyharborshome

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Very cool to see the first 777 is heading to Pima as discussed in another thread. I like seeing intact airplanes down there as I typically only get to see the gutted frames at MZJ. A great addition for AZ.
Fly CHD!

cathay747

Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:38 pm

skyharborshome wrote:
Very cool to see the first 777 is heading to Pima as discussed in another thread. I like seeing intact airplanes down there as I typically only get to see the gutted frames at MZJ. A great addition for AZ.

Saw the thread but hadn't read it yet...yes, this is great, along with the 787-8!! Who's Pima been sleeping with??? :rotfl:
Try a Little VC-10derness

cathay747

Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:

It's really due to the fact that we don't have enough O&D traffic here at PHX to support more than the existing daily BA to LHR and the seasonal 2nd flight; we're all waiting to see how Condor (DE) does with their new service to FRA which just might work for them given their lower operating costs + it's only 2x per week on a 763ER which is more right-sized for the market...when LH tried PHX years ago it was with an A340...too big. Also note that the 2nd BA flight, besides being seasonal, is only 3x per week. AUS must have more of a market for Europe than we do is all I can say.

Adipocere

Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:01 am

clrd4t8koff wrote:

It’s all about O&D and the strength of the local economy. AUS has built up a strong tech industry and is prominent in today’s cultural zeitgeist with SXSW, Formula 1 and MotoGP (playing especially well in Europe). PHX is still stuck with sprawl construction, retirees, cheap golf and is more or less a culturally backwoods place associated with anti-foreigner sentiments in the late 2000s. That’s changing over the past couple of years, but will take some more time...

travaz

Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:18 am

It should be noted that AA will take over the 2nd flight with a 772 and it will go to daily. from March 31 to Oct 26.

Mboyle1988

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:36 am

Adipocere wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:

It’s all about O&D and the strength of the local economy. AUS has built up a strong tech industry and is prominent in today’s cultural zeitgeist with SXSW, Formula 1 and MotoGP (playing especially well in Europe). PHX is still stuck with sprawl construction, retirees, cheap golf and is more or less a culturally backwoods place associated with anti-foreigner sentiments in the late 2000s. That’s changing over the past couple of years, but will take some more time...

Very insulting...Phoenix’s economy is definitely stronger than Austin’s, and I do not equate being Republican with being backwater.

chrisair

Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 am

Adipocere wrote:
PHX is still stuck with sprawl construction, retirees, cheap golf and is more or less a culturally backwoods place associated with anti-foreigner sentiments in the late 2000s. That’s changing over the past couple of years, but will take some more time...

Please don't come here.

If you live here, please learn a little bit about the fifth largest city in the country and realize Sun City and the Del Webb communities out west and in the "Sheriff Joe" community of Fountain Hills are vastly different than the majority of the Valley. Thankfully.

INFINITI329

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:18 am

skyharborshome wrote:
Yes, I can see (though I hate it) that the issue is intent. He did not intend to protest or to punish anyone or cause a delay of any type. The FAA could possibly put him on a list saying he caused a flight disruption, which he did. He would have to challenge it in court and not sure how that ruling would be decided. His actions were clearly negligent and not that of a reasonable person so I could see lawsuits of which may be a waste of time if he cannot afford to pay them. Hopefully something we will not see again for a long time.

No, the FAA has no jurisdiction in this case. He broke no law federal, state or local besides his parking violation.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:16 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
skyharborshome wrote:

No, the FAA has no jurisdiction in this case. He broke no law federal, state or local besides his parking violation.

That's correct. The only FAA involvement in this scenario was putting out an alert for PHX in the Domestic Events Network and implementing Ground Delay Programs. The FAA wouldn't have any involvement beyond that — it's just outside of the responsibility or concern for the agency. DHS may have its options, but I doubt anything would happen. This guy was just stupid and careless, not malicious and certainly not a safety threat.

acentauri

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:28 am

I know this is not unique, but just for some PHX memories, here's a recent photo of an HP Heritage tail at the PHL commuter Terminal ("F"), surrounded by AA tails. https://twitter.com/A6BN/status/1042747548652515329

chepos

Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:34 am

acentauri wrote:
I know this is not unique, but just for some PHX memories, here's a recent photo of an HP Heritage tail at the PHL commuter Terminal ("F"), surrounded by AA tails. https://twitter.com/A6BN/status/1042747548652515329

Cool pic, small correction that is Terminal C at PHL.
Fly the Flag!!!!

777PHX

Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:01 pm

Adipocere wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:

So many ignorant statements in one post.

Sprawl construction? Yes, so what? PHX is a young metro area built with modern city planning techniques. I'm not sure how that's a knock on PHX.

Retirees? Again, so what? We do have hundreds of thousands of retirees here that pump dozens if not hundreds of millions of dollars into the local economy every year. Many of them actually come from another country(Canada) and do fly back and forth to get here. It's probably worth pointing out that retirees aren't the only people that live here, since you seem to be confused.

Cheap golf? What does "cheap golf" have to do with anything relevant here? Phoenix has some of the best golf courses in the world at some of the most posh resorts. TPC Scottsdale hosts one of the most popular and attended tournaments on the PGA calendar every year.

Culturally backwoods? This is so ignorant it hurts. Phoenix is a cultural melting pot full of a bunch of people from other places that didn't grow up here. It's anything but "culturally backwoods". Don't mistake one racist asshole who used to be sheriff here for representing the entire populace.

Formula 1 and MotoGP are laughable. Two weekends a year isn't buoying that LHR flight, buzzz, try again.

dlramp4life

Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi everyone,
I know it has been a while since I have been online but you know how work is... I was just recently in PHX and went to Rocky Point. While I was down there I came across the following article about Swift Air providing charter flights to Mar de Cortes International Airport in Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico. I did some digging but all my research led me back to the same article:
https://rockypoint360.com/flights-from- ... n-october/

Has anyone heard anything different? I know the only airline that serves Puerto Penasco is TAR.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

MO11

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:37 am

dlramp4life wrote:
Hi everyone,
I know it has been a while since I have been online but you know how work is... I was just recently in PHX and went to Rocky Point. While I was down there I came across the following article about Swift Air providing charter flights to Mar de Cortes International Airport in Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico. I did some digging but all my research led me back to the same article:
https://rockypoint360.com/flights-from- ... n-october/

Has anyone heard anything different? I know the only airline that serves Puerto Penasco is TAR.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I haven't seen any public charter filing. Swift seems to stretched pretty thin at the moment; I'm surprised that it would be starting anything new. Perhaps it planned to use the JPATS (deportation) airplanes on they days that they are not flying to Central America.

BMIMSNPHX

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:49 pm

Saw an A330 MRTT (tanker) departing over Tempe at about 10:10 this morning. Pretty cool. Anyone in the know?
New home airport: BMIMSNPHXDFW

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:57 pm

BMIMSNPHX wrote:
Saw an A330 MRTT (tanker) departing over Tempe at about 10:10 this morning. Pretty cool. Anyone in the know?

I wouldn't say that I'm "in the know", but the most common A330 MRTTs we work on the east coast are Royal Air Force ("Ascot" / RRR). That would be my best bet.

AZLiam

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:04 pm

I just wanted to post this somewhere. I frequently use the search feature when finding posts related to PHX or Phoenix; however, this feature has not been working correctly for the past week. For example, I did a search for ORD, PHX, and Phoenix; however, the latest results come from 9/26, even though these terms are in recent posts. I tried to report this in the "Contact Us" section; however, even that wasn't working correctly.

cathay747

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:52 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
BMIMSNPHX wrote:

I wouldn't say that I'm "in the know", but the most common A330 MRTTs we work on the east coast are Royal Air Force ("Ascot" / RRR). That would be my best bet.

Luftwaffe maybe? They used to fly here with 707's and then later the ex-Interflug A310's...I remember seeing them on their layovers at IAD when I lived in the DC area.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:16 am

cathay747 wrote:
Luftwaffe maybe? They used to fly here with 707's and then later the ex-Interflug A310's...I remember seeing them on their layovers at IAD when I lived in the DC area.

That's possible – their special operations unit (the KSK) do their jump training in Eloy, not to mention the Luftwaffe themselves regularly train at Luke. They typically seem to fly commercial from PHX from what I've noticed...I've flown with them between PHX and IAD on several occasions. Ascot is a more common sight in the US in my experience, so that's why I was leaning towards them. Either one would be a pretty safe bet though.

AZLiam wrote:
I just wanted to post this somewhere. I frequently use the search feature when finding posts related to PHX or Phoenix; however, this feature has not been working correctly for the past week. For example, I did a search for ORD, PHX, and Phoenix; however, the latest results come from 9/26, even though these terms are in recent posts. I tried to report this in the "Contact Us" section; however, even that wasn't working correctly.

Please see this topic viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1405123

It's a known issue, and it's been an issue from what I've noticed for several weeks now, ever since we migrated to our new cloud platform. It was supposed to have worked itself out, but it obviously doesn't seem to have done that. The best way to make us aware of site issues is by posting in the Site Related Forum. We get a ton of spam and weird comments from the Contact Us form, so real issues tend to get lost in the mix. It also gets sent to moderators, and we can't really do anything to fix technical stuff with the site. Posting on Site Related brings it to our attention quickly so that we can notify the appropriate folks.

MO11

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:18 am

cathay747 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
BMIMSNPHX wrote:

No, it was RAAF, callsign ASY723. It has been bopping around here since last Tuesday.

airzona11

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:30 am

Any idea what the MRTT is actually doing? Still sitting @ PHX. Great looking plane.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:17 am

MO11 wrote:
No, it was RAAF, callsign ASY723. It has been bopping around here since last Tuesday.

If you mean Royal Air Force, it would be RRR723. ASY isn't in the FAA telephony database, so I'm not familiar with it.

Skytrain777PHX

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:47 am

BIG WELCOME
New 787-8 SERVICE COMING TO PHOENIX ON 12-28-18 for the first time!!! :smile:

AA Widebody Flight Schedules (New changes as of 010/2/18):

11/16/18 (Friday only)
PHL-PHX 332 AA2060 8:20PM-11:40PM

11/17/18 & 11/24/18 (Both Saturday only)
PHL-PHX 332 AA531 8:00AM-11:15AM (except on 11/17/18 but moved to 11/16/18 at night flight)
PHX-HNL 332 AA694 2:59PM- 6:46PM
HNL-PHX 332 AA693 10:05PM- 7:00AM (+1)

11/18/18 & 11/25/18 (Both Sunday only)
PHX-PHL 332 AA2168 8:51AM- 3:13PM

12/18/18 (Tuesday only)
PHL-PHX 333 AA1667 9:00PM-12:26AM (+1)

12/19/18 till 4/3/19 (Daily – Seasonal)
PHX-HNL 333 AA692 12:05PM- 4:00PM
HNL-PHX 333 AA693 10:45PM- 7:43AM (+1)

12/19/18 till 1/5/19 (Daily - Seasonal)
CLT-PHX 333 AA1678 7:30AM-10:24AM
PHX-CLT 333 AA1696 9:36AM- 3:25PM

12/28/18 (Friday only)
ORD-PHX 788 AA2302 3:34PM- 6:17PM new

12/29/18 (Saturday only)
PHX-ORD 788 AA2316 9:41AM- 2:14PM new

3/31/19 till 10/26/19 (Daily – Seasonal)
LHR-PHX 772 AA195 9:30AM-12:30PM
PHX-LHR 772 AA194 3:00PM- 9:20AM (+1)

cathay747

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:04 pm

Skytrain777PHX wrote:
BIG WELCOME

12/28/18 (Friday only)

12/29/18 (Saturday only)

Wow! Wonder what this is about given that it's only a 2-flight affair.

cathay747

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:10 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

That's possible – their special operations unit (the KSK) do their jump training in Eloy, not to mention the Luftwaffe themselves regularly train at Luke. They typically seem to fly commercial from PHX from what I've noticed...I've flown with them between PHX and IAD on several occasions. Ascot is a more common sight in the US in my experience, so that's why I was leaning towards them. Either one would be a pretty safe bet though.

Interesting.

I always thought it was odd that the Luftwaffe used IAD (always parked at the FBO by rwy. 19L) for those flights between Germany, WAS and PHX vs. using Andrews, so this begs a question...out here, did they use PHX or Luke? Back then I knew nothing about the Phoenix area so I only knew that they were flying to/from "Arizona" or "Phoenix". And now learning about this RAF operation...why would they use a civilian field vs. Luke?

wn676

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:29 pm

cathay747 wrote:
Skytrain777PHX wrote:
BIG WELCOME

12/28/18 (Friday only)

12/29/18 (Saturday only)

Wow! Wonder what this is about given that it's only a 2-flight affair.

It starts operating daily in January, and I believe is planned all the way through July.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:03 pm

cathay747 wrote:
Interesting.

I always thought it was odd that the Luftwaffe used IAD (always parked at the FBO by rwy. 19L) for those flights between Germany, WAS and PHX vs. using Andrews, so this begs a question...out here, did they use PHX or Luke? Back then I knew nothing about the Phoenix area so I only knew that they were flying to/from "Arizona" or "Phoenix". And now learning about this RAF operation...why would they use a civilian field vs. Luke?

The Luftwaffe has their own cargo facilities at IAD, so they've got their own apron spots. I don't know if they still have it, but they used to have a Bundeswehr facility on the IAD property near the Marriott. They also have the German Armed Forces Command in Reston

They use IAD for the same reason they use PHX and other civilian airports — US bases are generally limited to US military aircraft. They grant exceptions for training exercises or joint NATO programs of course, but foreign transports aren't needed as part of the training operation (particularly because some foreign military training isn't always in conjunction with our armed forces), so their option is to use the nearest civilian airfield. The RAF regularly use Fayetteville instead of Pope/Bragg, for example. Andrew's wouldn't be an option for a multitude of reasons, not least of which because it's inside of the DC FRZ (Flight Restricted Zone), which would require permission every time for them to operate. The FRZ directly impacts operations at DCA and ADW. They operate fairly freely from IAD, and of course their own facilities are nearby in Reston.

MO11

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:12 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
MO11 wrote:

If you mean Royal Air Force, it would be RRR723. ASY isn't in the FAA telephony database, so I'm not familiar with it.

I did mean Australia, and ASY.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:39 pm

MO11 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
MO11 wrote:

Royal Australian Air Force is GEN in the FAA telephony database. ASY is not an FAA identifier.

MO11

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:48 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
MO11 wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:

Royal Australian Air Force is GEN in the FAA telephony database. ASY is not an FAA identifier.

That's how it's filed, been that way for years. Maybe a shortcut for callsign "Aussie".

cathay747

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:47 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
Interesting.

The Luftwaffe has their own cargo facilities at IAD, so they've got their own apron spots. I don't know if they still have it, but they used to have a Bundeswehr facility on the IAD property near the Marriott. They also have the German Armed Forces Command in Reston

They use IAD for the same reason they use PHX and other civilian airports — US bases are generally limited to US military aircraft. They grant exceptions for training exercises or joint NATO programs of course, but foreign transports aren't needed as part of the training operation (particularly because some foreign military training isn't always in conjunction with our armed forces), so their option is to use the nearest civilian airfield. The RAF regularly use Fayetteville instead of Pope/Bragg, for example. Andrew's wouldn't be an option for a multitude of reasons, not least of which because it's inside of the DC FRZ (Flight Restricted Zone), which would require permission every time for them to operate. The FRZ directly impacts operations at DCA and ADW. They operate fairly freely from IAD, and of course their own facilities are nearby in Reston.

Oh what a great reply, thanks man. I didn't know any of that even though I lived in NoVA for 39 1/2 years!!

cathay747

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:10 pm

I guess it should be no surprise, but here we go again...in the new thread "AA Announces New Intl/Domestic Flights for 2019" started today...yet again, we've got people talking about how PHX is surely going to be dehubbed. These people need to give it a rest. :roll: :banghead: Thankfully there have been many rebuttal posts to the nonsense including from some of the fine people in THIS thread.

jplatts

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:22 pm

cathay747 wrote:
I guess it should be no surprise, but here we go again...in the new thread "AA Announces New Intl/Domestic Flights for 2019" started today...yet again, we've got people talking about how PHX is surely going to be dehubbed. These people need to give it a rest. :roll: :banghead: Thankfully there have been many rebuttal posts to the nonsense including from some of the fine people in THIS thread.

AA could add nonstop service to CVG, FLL, SDF, BNA, MSY, RDU, TUL out of its PHX hub. AA also does have the option of adding American Eagle nonstop service on the PHX-CVG, PHX-SDF, PHX-BNA, PHX-MSY, and PHX-TUL nonstop routes since CVG, SDF, BNA, MSY, and TUL are all within the range of regional jets from PHX.

Is AA likely to add nonstop service to CVG, FLL, SDF, BNA, MSY, RDU, and/or TUL from PHX in the near future?

travaz

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:13 am

I saw in the AA fleet thread that they added FLG-DFW as a daily. I flew out of FLG from 1971 to 2001. This is a great add. Currently AA has 3 RT a day PHX -FLG. I wonder if that will get cut?

Vctony

Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:48 am

My belief is that all of the cities that AA has announced will overfly PHX: BFL, BUR, FLG, MRY, and YUM will lose 1 daily frequency to PHX in favor of the daily frequency to DFW. Not a huge cut but I don’t believe AA intends to grow capacity in any of those markets, it’s just reallocating it from PHX to DFW.

alasizon

Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:57 am

travaz wrote:
I saw in the AA fleet thread that they added FLG-DFW as a daily. I flew out of FLG from 1971 to 2001. This is a great add. Currently AA has 3 RT a day PHX -FLG. I wonder if that will get cut?

Last week (or the week before, I forget) the OAG filing showed PHX-FLG going to 4x next summer. Also this summer when DFW ran alongside PHX from FLG, there was no reduction in service.

Vctony wrote:
My belief is that all of the cities that AA has announced will overfly PHX: BFL, BUR, FLG, MRY, and YUM will lose 1 daily frequency to PHX in favor of the daily frequency to DFW. Not a huge cut but I don’t believe AA intends to grow capacity in any of those markets, it’s just reallocating it from PHX to DFW.

MRY is summer seasonal so no reason to think there will be frequency loss there. For BUR, it'll likely just remain 3x daily since it has fluctuated between 3x and 4x daily. BFL is supported by local community funding so likely no reduction there. YUM I could see maybe the mid-day turn eliminated but the problem with that is that the market through PHX works best with two morning flights, the mid-day and then a PM flight (even better with two RONs but that doesn't happen anymore).
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos