Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:13 pm

zackary747 wrote:
kavok wrote:
Don’t sell yourself short. As far as the RDU comparison, IND is just as strong of a market. Frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised to see BA drop RDU in the coming years, even though it is a fast growing market.

The BA flight is a legacy leftover from the days when RDU was a hub. With the DL focus city and growing allegiance of corporate/FF to Delta in that market, I am not sure how long BA keeps the RDU flight if more profitable opportunities exist elsewhere.

If IND is really serious about getting a LHR flight, DL/VS to LHR is not completely out of the question either... especially if the CDG flight does well.


AA serves RDU, not BA.

When it comes to market strength (especially tech) IND has pretty much caught up for the most part. RDU May be a bit stronger but it’s not astronomically different like it used to be. Indiana and Indianapolis’ business climate and strength is stronger than what meets the eye as so much development has happened and is continuing to happen.

"Zachary - while IND has certainly had big gains in tech....it has nothing like RDU's RTP."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Indy
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
flyboy80 wrote:
I believe the IND-CDG flight is planned to go daily as early as April, not sure if that's reflected in the reservations system right now or not.


I'm pretty sure I had seen it announced or mentioned somewhere that CDG was going daily again in April.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Indy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
flyboy80 wrote:
I believe the IND-CDG flight is planned to go daily as early as April, not sure if that's reflected in the reservations system right now or not.


I'm pretty sure I had seen it announced or mentioned somewhere that CDG was going daily again in April.


I looked on Google Flights. IND-CDG is indeed daily starting April 1st.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:10 am

zackary747 wrote:
Indy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:


I'm pretty sure I had seen it announced or mentioned somewhere that CDG was going daily again in April.


I looked on Google Flights. IND-CDG is indeed daily starting April 1st.


Yeah, but DL's schedule for April is currently a filler I believe, that would be great if it is actually going daily though.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1600
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:35 am

Is SY going to actually come here? Or did they just say IND and CVG to show their business plan and but their plans to enter BNA and STL?
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"
 
fedex1
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:55 am

Why would Delta go daily in April? Wasn’t it suppose to start daily in May or end of May?
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1600
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:23 am

stl07 wrote:
Is SY going to actually come here? Or did they just say IND and CVG to show their business plan and but their plans to enter BNA and STL?

*but hide
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:25 am

stl07 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Is SY going to actually come here? Or did they just say IND and CVG to show their business plan and but their plans to enter BNA and STL?

*but hide


That is a really good question. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:26 am

zackary747 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Is SY going to actually come here? Or did they just say IND and CVG to show their business plan and but their plans to enter BNA and STL?

*but hide


That is a really good question. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.


BNA and STL/BLV have a really weak ULCC presence compared to CVG and even IND, it isn't surprising that those markets were added first.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
stlgph
Posts: 10976
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:21 am

fedex1 wrote:
Why would Delta go daily in April? Wasn’t it suppose to start daily in May or end of May?


Easter
2nd quarter business travel
Spring leisure travel
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Very Strong LFs from June
DL
IND-SEA-90.7%; SEA-IND-94.1% (A319)
IND-SLC-92.3%; SLC-IND-90.0%
(A319)
IND-BOS-88.3%; BOS-IND-89.1%
IND-JFK-85.5%; JFK-IND-78.9%
IND-LGA-80.9%; LGA-IND-80.1%
IND-ATL-84.4%; ATL-IND-84.4% (10x)
IND-LAX-91.6%; LAX-IND-88.0% (A319)
IND-MCO-89.4%; MCO-IND-86.1% (B717)
IND-MSP-89.7%; MSP-IND-84.8%
IND-DTW-78.5%; DTW-IND-79.6%
IND-RDU-84.3%; RDU-IND-85.9%
March
IND-CUN-95.9%; CUN-IND-93.3% on the B739


AA
IND-LAX-89.7%; LAX-IND-91.2% 2x Daily (A319)
IND-ORD-83.1%; ORD-IND-82.7% Envoy/AA only
IND-PHX-89.7%; PHX-IND-87.9%
IND-PHL-86.5%; PHL-IND-86.0%
IND-MIA-86.6%; MIA-IND-81.5%
IND-DCA-91.3%; DCA-IND-88.8% (RJ)
IND-DFW-93.5%; DFW-IND-92.2%
IND-CLT-91.1%; CLT-IND-90.3% (A319)
IND-LGA-86.5%; LGA-IND-80.8%
IND-JFK-87.9%; JFK-IND-84.8%

AS
IND-SEA-95.4%; SEA-IND-94.8%
IND-SFO-90.4%; SFO-IND-84.3%


WN
IND-ATL-86.1%; ATL-IND-79.2%
IND-AUS-92.8%; AUS-IND-95.9%
IND-BOS-80.2%; BOS-IND-75.2% (B738 flight had LF of 91.8%)
IND-BWI-89.8%; BWI-IND-89.6%
IND-DAL-85.3%; DAL-IND-90.9%
IND-DEN-93.3%; DEN-IND-91.9%
IND-EWR-76.3%; EWR-IND-69.4%
IND-FLL-92.3%; FLL-IND-89.6%
IND-HOU-84.1%; HOU-IND-82.7%
IND-LAS-90.1%; LAS-IND-86.5%
IND-LAX-94.7%; LAX-IND-91.0%
IND-MCI-76.4%; MCI-IND-72.3%
IND-MCO-90.9%; MCO-IND-86.8%
IND-MDW-82.5%; MDW-IND-82.2%
IND-MSY-83.4%; MSY-IND-92.7%
IND-PHX-81.6%; PHX-IND-90.9%
IND-RSW-89.7%; RSW-IND-92.5%
IND-SAN-91.1%; SAN-IND-92.5% (B738- just make this year-round already)
IND-TPA-85.2%; TPA-IND-84.4%
March
IND-CUN-93.2%; CUN-80.2%

UA
IND-SFO-80.3%; SFO-IND-83.6%
IND-EWR-89.8% ; EWR-IND-88.2% (mainline 90.2%) (RJ+Mainline)
IND-IAD-95.4% ; IAD-IND-91.2% (RJ)
IND-IAH-93.7% ; IAH-IND-91.2%
(RJ)
IND-DEN-96.1%; DEN-IND-93.3% (1xA320+RJ)
IND-ORD-88.9%; ORD-IND-84.4% (Mainline/ExpressJet/Air Wisconsin only)


G4
IND-AUS-63.3%; AUS-IND-73.3%
IND-CHS-79.8%; CHS-IND-74.5%
IND-FLL-88.4%; FLL-IND-91.5%
IND-JAX-79.6%; JAX-IND-80.6%
IND-LAS-91.7%; LAS-IND-90.0%
IND-MYR-87.2%; MYR-IND-85.3%
IND-PGD-89.6%; PGD-IND-88.3%
IND-PIE-93.2%; PIE-IND-87.8%
IND-SAV-71.8%; SAV-IND-70.0%
IND-SFB-91.5%; SFB-IND-92.3%
IND-SRQ-90.9%; SRQ-IND-90.2%
IND-VPS-81.4%; VPS-IND-75.9%

F9
IND-MCO-96.5%; MCO-IND-95.5%
IND-LAS-95.2%; LAS-IND-87.6%
IND-DEN-93.8%; DEN-IND-86.3%
IND-PHL-86.6%; PHL-IND-86.2%
IND-AUS-88.8%; AUS-IND-83.2%
Avg outbound LF of 93.5%


I expect some upguaging next summer on a number of routes
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
Clipper2Heavy
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
IND-SAN-91.1%; SAN-IND-92.5% (B738- just make this year-round already)


Agreed on that one!
 
IndyHoosier
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:35 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:35 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Very Strong LFs from June


Thanks!
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:22 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Very Strong LFs from June
DL
IND-SEA-90.7%; SEA-IND-94.1% (A319)
IND-SLC-92.3%; SLC-IND-90.0%
(A319)
IND-BOS-88.3%; BOS-IND-89.1%
IND-JFK-85.5%; JFK-IND-78.9%
IND-LGA-80.9%; LGA-IND-80.1%
IND-ATL-84.4%; ATL-IND-84.4% (10x)
IND-LAX-91.6%; LAX-IND-88.0% (A319)
IND-MCO-89.4%; MCO-IND-86.1% (B717)
IND-MSP-89.7%; MSP-IND-84.8%
IND-DTW-78.5%; DTW-IND-79.6%
IND-RDU-84.3%; RDU-IND-85.9%
March
IND-CUN-95.9%; CUN-IND-93.3% on the B739


AA
IND-LAX-89.7%; LAX-IND-91.2% 2x Daily (A319)
IND-ORD-83.1%; ORD-IND-82.7% Envoy/AA only
IND-PHX-89.7%; PHX-IND-87.9%
IND-PHL-86.5%; PHL-IND-86.0%
IND-MIA-86.6%; MIA-IND-81.5%
IND-DCA-91.3%; DCA-IND-88.8% (RJ)
IND-DFW-93.5%; DFW-IND-92.2%
IND-CLT-91.1%; CLT-IND-90.3% (A319)
IND-LGA-86.5%; LGA-IND-80.8%
IND-JFK-87.9%; JFK-IND-84.8%

AS
IND-SEA-95.4%; SEA-IND-94.8%
IND-SFO-90.4%; SFO-IND-84.3%


WN
IND-ATL-86.1%; ATL-IND-79.2%
IND-AUS-92.8%; AUS-IND-95.9%
IND-BOS-80.2%; BOS-IND-75.2% (B738 flight had LF of 91.8%)
IND-BWI-89.8%; BWI-IND-89.6%
IND-DAL-85.3%; DAL-IND-90.9%
IND-DEN-93.3%; DEN-IND-91.9%
IND-EWR-76.3%; EWR-IND-69.4%
IND-FLL-92.3%; FLL-IND-89.6%
IND-HOU-84.1%; HOU-IND-82.7%
IND-LAS-90.1%; LAS-IND-86.5%
IND-LAX-94.7%; LAX-IND-91.0%
IND-MCI-76.4%; MCI-IND-72.3%
IND-MCO-90.9%; MCO-IND-86.8%
IND-MDW-82.5%; MDW-IND-82.2%
IND-MSY-83.4%; MSY-IND-92.7%
IND-PHX-81.6%; PHX-IND-90.9%
IND-RSW-89.7%; RSW-IND-92.5%
IND-SAN-91.1%; SAN-IND-92.5% (B738- just make this year-round already)
IND-TPA-85.2%; TPA-IND-84.4%
March
IND-CUN-93.2%; CUN-80.2%

UA
IND-SFO-80.3%; SFO-IND-83.6%
IND-EWR-89.8% ; EWR-IND-88.2% (mainline 90.2%) (RJ+Mainline)
IND-IAD-95.4% ; IAD-IND-91.2% (RJ)
IND-IAH-93.7% ; IAH-IND-91.2%
(RJ)
IND-DEN-96.1%; DEN-IND-93.3% (1xA320+RJ)
IND-ORD-88.9%; ORD-IND-84.4% (Mainline/ExpressJet/Air Wisconsin only)


G4
IND-AUS-63.3%; AUS-IND-73.3%
IND-CHS-79.8%; CHS-IND-74.5%
IND-FLL-88.4%; FLL-IND-91.5%
IND-JAX-79.6%; JAX-IND-80.6%
IND-LAS-91.7%; LAS-IND-90.0%
IND-MYR-87.2%; MYR-IND-85.3%
IND-PGD-89.6%; PGD-IND-88.3%
IND-PIE-93.2%; PIE-IND-87.8%
IND-SAV-71.8%; SAV-IND-70.0%
IND-SFB-91.5%; SFB-IND-92.3%
IND-SRQ-90.9%; SRQ-IND-90.2%
IND-VPS-81.4%; VPS-IND-75.9%

F9
IND-MCO-96.5%; MCO-IND-95.5%
IND-LAS-95.2%; LAS-IND-87.6%
IND-DEN-93.8%; DEN-IND-86.3%
IND-PHL-86.6%; PHL-IND-86.2%
IND-AUS-88.8%; AUS-IND-83.2%
Avg outbound LF of 93.5%


I expect some upguaging next summer on a number of routes


SEA did really strong in June. Got any data on the CDG flight?
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
flyboy80 wrote:
I believe the IND-CDG flight is planned to go daily as early as April, not sure if that's reflected in the reservations system right now or not. Like I said earlier IND seems important for Delta and I could see them splitting the Europe flight in the high season and operating a combination of CDG/LHR 9x weekly (seasonal) like 6x CDG 3x LHR.

In regard to IND vs RDU: I read a while back a piece comparison on economics between major midwestern economic centers and IND outranked CMH & CVG in terms of value. Not sure if that's a good comparison of viability. Delta still has quite a bit of mainline to other than "real" hubs from CVG. But overall I'm thinking they only have a few more mainline flights vs Indy. Would it not be more valuable for Delta to focus, no pun intended, on Indy and just get rid of CVG or is CVG simply worth much more in value to Delta vs the IND market?


Is this a rumor, because I don't think the April schedule is finalized, back in April it was said that they planned for it to go to 5x weekly from April to May.

https://www.bts.gov/content/fares-airpo ... arter-2018
In terms of O&D and avg fare (Q1 2018) it goes
RDU-696,840-$348
IND-629,110-$340
CVG-517,690-$328
CMH-504,300-$362


So, in terms of O&D IND is significantly larger than both CVG and CMH

CVG isn't going anywhere for DL, they stopped cutting and they are likely going to keep it as is for the foreseeable future. DL can focus on both CVG and IND and every other market simultaneously.


""Help me understand what these numbers represent. Basis for question: According to IND published stats: Q1 2018 total enplaning = 996,497. If I understand your numbers there were 629,110 originating passengers at IND in Q1 2018. Why the 367,387 difference?"
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
flyboy80 wrote:
I believe the IND-CDG flight is planned to go daily as early as April, not sure if that's reflected in the reservations system right now or not. Like I said earlier IND seems important for Delta and I could see them splitting the Europe flight in the high season and operating a combination of CDG/LHR 9x weekly (seasonal) like 6x CDG 3x LHR.

In regard to IND vs RDU: I read a while back a piece comparison on economics between major midwestern economic centers and IND outranked CMH & CVG in terms of value. Not sure if that's a good comparison of viability. Delta still has quite a bit of mainline to other than "real" hubs from CVG. But overall I'm thinking they only have a few more mainline flights vs Indy. Would it not be more valuable for Delta to focus, no pun intended, on Indy and just get rid of CVG or is CVG simply worth much more in value to Delta vs the IND market?


Is this a rumor, because I don't think the April schedule is finalized, back in April it was said that they planned for it to go to 5x weekly from April to May.

https://www.bts.gov/content/fares-airpo ... arter-2018
In terms of O&D and avg fare (Q1 2018) it goes
RDU-696,840-$348
IND-629,110-$340
CVG-517,690-$328
CMH-504,300-$362

So, in terms of O&D IND is significantly larger than both CVG and CMH

CVG isn't going anywhere for DL, they stopped cutting and they are likely going to keep it as is for the foreseeable future. DL can focus on both CVG and IND and every other market simultaneously.


""Help me understand what these numbers represent. Basis for question: According to IND published stats: Q1 2018 total enplaning = 996,497. If I understand your numbers there were 629,110 originating passengers at IND in Q1 2018. Why the 367,387 difference?"


Multiple things, this DOT report doesn't count award tickets, int'l passengers aren't included, and it is based off of a 10% sample and that 10% sample is adjusted to estimate what the 100% sample would be. It is supposed to be used as an estimate not the end all be all.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:20 pm

zackary747 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Very Strong LFs from June
DL
IND-SEA-90.7%; SEA-IND-94.1% (A319)
IND-SLC-92.3%; SLC-IND-90.0%
(A319)
IND-RSW-92.6%; RSW-IND-92.3%
IND-BOS-88.3%; BOS-IND-89.1%
IND-JFK-85.5%; JFK-IND-78.9%
IND-LGA-80.9%; LGA-IND-80.1%
IND-ATL-84.4%; ATL-IND-84.4% (10x)
IND-LAX-91.6%; LAX-IND-88.0% (A319)
IND-MCO-89.4%; MCO-IND-86.1% (B717)
IND-MSP-89.7%; MSP-IND-84.8%
IND-DTW-78.5%; DTW-IND-79.6%
IND-RDU-84.3%; RDU-IND-85.9%
March
IND-CUN-95.9%; CUN-IND-93.3% on the B739


AA
IND-LAX-89.7%; LAX-IND-91.2% 2x Daily (A319)
IND-ORD-83.1%; ORD-IND-82.7% Envoy/AA only
IND-PHX-89.7%; PHX-IND-87.9%
IND-PHL-86.5%; PHL-IND-86.0%
IND-MIA-86.6%; MIA-IND-81.5%
IND-DCA-91.3%; DCA-IND-88.8% (RJ)
IND-DFW-93.5%; DFW-IND-92.2%
IND-CLT-91.1%; CLT-IND-90.3% (A319)
IND-LGA-86.5%; LGA-IND-80.8%
IND-JFK-87.9%; JFK-IND-84.8%

AS
IND-SEA-95.4%; SEA-IND-94.8%
IND-SFO-90.4%; SFO-IND-84.3%


WN
IND-ATL-86.1%; ATL-IND-79.2%
IND-AUS-92.8%; AUS-IND-95.9%
IND-BOS-80.2%; BOS-IND-75.2% (B738 flight had LF of 91.8%)
IND-BWI-89.8%; BWI-IND-89.6%
IND-DAL-85.3%; DAL-IND-90.9%
IND-DEN-93.3%; DEN-IND-91.9%
IND-EWR-76.3%; EWR-IND-69.4%
IND-FLL-92.3%; FLL-IND-89.6%
IND-HOU-84.1%; HOU-IND-82.7%
IND-LAS-90.1%; LAS-IND-86.5%
IND-LAX-94.7%; LAX-IND-91.0%
IND-MCI-76.4%; MCI-IND-72.3%
IND-MCO-90.9%; MCO-IND-86.8%
IND-MDW-82.5%; MDW-IND-82.2%
IND-MSY-83.4%; MSY-IND-92.7%
IND-PHX-81.6%; PHX-IND-90.9%
IND-RSW-89.7%; RSW-IND-92.5%
IND-SAN-91.1%; SAN-IND-92.5% (B738- just make this year-round already)
IND-TPA-85.2%; TPA-IND-84.4%
March
IND-CUN-93.2%; CUN-80.2%

UA
IND-SFO-80.3%; SFO-IND-83.6%
IND-EWR-89.8% ; EWR-IND-88.2% (mainline 90.2%) (RJ+Mainline)
IND-IAD-95.4% ; IAD-IND-91.2% (RJ)
IND-IAH-93.7% ; IAH-IND-91.2%
(RJ)
IND-DEN-96.1%; DEN-IND-93.3% (1xA320+RJ)
IND-ORD-88.9%; ORD-IND-84.4% (Mainline/ExpressJet/Air Wisconsin only)


G4
IND-AUS-63.3%; AUS-IND-73.3%
IND-CHS-79.8%; CHS-IND-74.5%
IND-FLL-88.4%; FLL-IND-91.5%
IND-JAX-79.6%; JAX-IND-80.6%
IND-LAS-91.7%; LAS-IND-90.0%
IND-MYR-87.2%; MYR-IND-85.3%
IND-PGD-89.6%; PGD-IND-88.3%
IND-PIE-93.2%; PIE-IND-87.8%
IND-SAV-71.8%; SAV-IND-70.0%
IND-SFB-91.5%; SFB-IND-92.3%
IND-SRQ-90.9%; SRQ-IND-90.2%
IND-VPS-81.4%; VPS-IND-75.9%

F9
IND-MCO-96.5%; MCO-IND-95.5%
IND-LAS-95.2%; LAS-IND-87.6%
IND-DEN-93.8%; DEN-IND-86.3%
IND-PHL-86.6%; PHL-IND-86.2%
IND-AUS-88.8%; AUS-IND-83.2%
Avg outbound LF of 93.5%


I expect some upguaging next summer on a number of routes


SEA did really strong in June. Got any data on the CDG flight?


Wouldn't surprise me if DL threw in an A320 or B738 next summer, the interesting data will be for July where SLC was a B738, MSP was on the B757+everything else, and OAK started so if SEA LFs are still in the 90s that route is in very good shape.

The fact that DL is this strong is a good sign for future increases. DL is very happy with how IND-MCO is performing daily, so an expanded presence on IND-Florida is being reviewed. IND-NYC is going to get the A220 it is just a matter of when, IND-NYC LFs are high now will likely get higher once WN exits that market. Some interesting stuff is cooking...

I would be able to get some CDG data if the airports numbers didn't include award tickets.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Is this a rumor, because I don't think the April schedule is finalized, back in April it was said that they planned for it to go to 5x weekly from April to May.

https://www.bts.gov/content/fares-airpo ... arter-2018
In terms of O&D and avg fare (Q1 2018) it goes
RDU-696,840-$348
IND-629,110-$340
CVG-517,690-$328
CMH-504,300-$362

So, in terms of O&D IND is significantly larger than both CVG and CMH

CVG isn't going anywhere for DL, they stopped cutting and they are likely going to keep it as is for the foreseeable future. DL can focus on both CVG and IND and every other market simultaneously.


""Help me understand what these numbers represent. Basis for question: According to IND published stats: Q1 2018 total enplaning = 996,497. If I understand your numbers there were 629,110 originating passengers at IND in Q1 2018. Why the 367,387 difference?"


Multiple things, this DOT report doesn't count award tickets, int'l passengers aren't included, and it is based off of a 10% sample and that 10% sample is adjusted to estimate what the 100% sample would be. It is supposed to be used as an estimate not the end all be all.


"Ok. So we can adjust the difference by the 8,529 Q1 YTD int'l enplanements = 358,858...which is still a delta of 36% between IND numbers and your DOT numbers. That's a very large gap and I doubt award tix make much more of a dent in that gap. Am sure there are some connecting pax in the IND number especially since the DOT numbers you cite are specific to "originating" pax. 36% is a big gap....makes ya wonder about the LF numbers presented...also DOT? "
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:37 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:

""Help me understand what these numbers represent. Basis for question: According to IND published stats: Q1 2018 total enplaning = 996,497. If I understand your numbers there were 629,110 originating passengers at IND in Q1 2018. Why the 367,387 difference?"


Multiple things, this DOT report doesn't count award tickets, int'l passengers aren't included, and it is based off of a 10% sample and that 10% sample is adjusted to estimate what the 100% sample would be. It is supposed to be used as an estimate not the end all be all.


"Ok. So we can adjust the difference by the 8,529 Q1 YTD int'l enplanements = 358,858...which is still a delta of 36% between IND numbers and your DOT numbers. That's a very large gap and I doubt award tix make much more of a dent in that gap. Am sure there are some connecting pax in the IND number especially since the DOT numbers you cite are specific to "originating" pax. 36% is a big gap....makes ya wonder about the LF numbers presented...also DOT? "


What I would advise you to do is do a little research and learn a little bit more about aviation, airlines, the DOT, and what the exactly the data means and how it is calculated. I have tried to explain various concepts to you multiple times and it seems like it goes over your head, I'm fine explaining things but after a while it just isn't worth my time.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Very Strong LFs from June
DL
IND-SEA-90.7%; SEA-IND-94.1% (A319)
IND-SLC-92.3%; SLC-IND-90.0%
(A319)
IND-RSW-92.6%; RSW-IND-92.3%
IND-BOS-88.3%; BOS-IND-89.1%
IND-JFK-85.5%; JFK-IND-78.9%
IND-LGA-80.9%; LGA-IND-80.1%
IND-ATL-84.4%; ATL-IND-84.4% (10x)
IND-LAX-91.6%; LAX-IND-88.0% (A319)
IND-MCO-89.4%; MCO-IND-86.1% (B717)
IND-MSP-89.7%; MSP-IND-84.8%
IND-DTW-78.5%; DTW-IND-79.6%
IND-RDU-84.3%; RDU-IND-85.9%
March
IND-CUN-95.9%; CUN-IND-93.3% on the B739


AA
IND-LAX-89.7%; LAX-IND-91.2% 2x Daily (A319)
IND-ORD-83.1%; ORD-IND-82.7% Envoy/AA only
IND-PHX-89.7%; PHX-IND-87.9%
IND-PHL-86.5%; PHL-IND-86.0%
IND-MIA-86.6%; MIA-IND-81.5%
IND-DCA-91.3%; DCA-IND-88.8% (RJ)
IND-DFW-93.5%; DFW-IND-92.2%
IND-CLT-91.1%; CLT-IND-90.3% (A319)
IND-LGA-86.5%; LGA-IND-80.8%
IND-JFK-87.9%; JFK-IND-84.8%

AS
IND-SEA-95.4%; SEA-IND-94.8%
IND-SFO-90.4%; SFO-IND-84.3%


WN
IND-ATL-86.1%; ATL-IND-79.2%
IND-AUS-92.8%; AUS-IND-95.9%
IND-BOS-80.2%; BOS-IND-75.2% (B738 flight had LF of 91.8%)
IND-BWI-89.8%; BWI-IND-89.6%
IND-DAL-85.3%; DAL-IND-90.9%
IND-DEN-93.3%; DEN-IND-91.9%
IND-EWR-76.3%; EWR-IND-69.4%
IND-FLL-92.3%; FLL-IND-89.6%
IND-HOU-84.1%; HOU-IND-82.7%
IND-LAS-90.1%; LAS-IND-86.5%
IND-LAX-94.7%; LAX-IND-91.0%
IND-MCI-76.4%; MCI-IND-72.3%
IND-MCO-90.9%; MCO-IND-86.8%
IND-MDW-82.5%; MDW-IND-82.2%
IND-MSY-83.4%; MSY-IND-92.7%
IND-PHX-81.6%; PHX-IND-90.9%
IND-RSW-89.7%; RSW-IND-92.5%
IND-SAN-91.1%; SAN-IND-92.5% (B738- just make this year-round already)
IND-TPA-85.2%; TPA-IND-84.4%
March
IND-CUN-93.2%; CUN-80.2%

UA
IND-SFO-80.3%; SFO-IND-83.6%
IND-EWR-89.8% ; EWR-IND-88.2% (mainline 90.2%) (RJ+Mainline)
IND-IAD-95.4% ; IAD-IND-91.2% (RJ)
IND-IAH-93.7% ; IAH-IND-91.2%
(RJ)
IND-DEN-96.1%; DEN-IND-93.3% (1xA320+RJ)
IND-ORD-88.9%; ORD-IND-84.4% (Mainline/ExpressJet/Air Wisconsin only)


G4
IND-AUS-63.3%; AUS-IND-73.3%
IND-CHS-79.8%; CHS-IND-74.5%
IND-FLL-88.4%; FLL-IND-91.5%
IND-JAX-79.6%; JAX-IND-80.6%
IND-LAS-91.7%; LAS-IND-90.0%
IND-MYR-87.2%; MYR-IND-85.3%
IND-PGD-89.6%; PGD-IND-88.3%
IND-PIE-93.2%; PIE-IND-87.8%
IND-SAV-71.8%; SAV-IND-70.0%
IND-SFB-91.5%; SFB-IND-92.3%
IND-SRQ-90.9%; SRQ-IND-90.2%
IND-VPS-81.4%; VPS-IND-75.9%

F9
IND-MCO-96.5%; MCO-IND-95.5%
IND-LAS-95.2%; LAS-IND-87.6%
IND-DEN-93.8%; DEN-IND-86.3%
IND-PHL-86.6%; PHL-IND-86.2%
IND-AUS-88.8%; AUS-IND-83.2%
Avg outbound LF of 93.5%


I expect some upguaging next summer on a number of routes


SEA did really strong in June. Got any data on the CDG flight?


Wouldn't surprise me if DL threw in an A320 or B738 next summer, the interesting data will be for July where SLC was a B738, MSP was on the B757+everything else, and OAK started so if SEA LFs are still in the 90s that route is in very good shape.

The fact that DL is this strong is a good sign for future increases. DL is very happy with how IND-MCO is performing daily, so an expanded presence on IND-Florida is being reviewed. IND-NYC is going to get the A220 it is just a matter of when, IND-NYC LFs are high now will likely get higher once WN exits that market. Some interesting stuff is cooking...

I would be able to get some CDG data if the airports numbers didn't include award tickets.


"Q1 YTD enplaned int'l were 9,288. Looking at the IND June stats...total domestic up 6.9%. Total International up 35.4%. Overall total up 7.2%. Reflects the CDG flight. Wonder how the CDG pax numbers impacted flights that could have been used to connect to CDG or other European destinations?"
 
Bluegrass60
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:15 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Multiple things, this DOT report doesn't count award tickets, int'l passengers aren't included, and it is based off of a 10% sample and that 10% sample is adjusted to estimate what the 100% sample would be. It is supposed to be used as an estimate not the end all be all.


"Ok. So we can adjust the difference by the 8,529 Q1 YTD int'l enplanements = 358,858...which is still a delta of 36% between IND numbers and your DOT numbers. That's a very large gap and I doubt award tix make much more of a dent in that gap. Am sure there are some connecting pax in the IND number especially since the DOT numbers you cite are specific to "originating" pax. 36% is a big gap....makes ya wonder about the LF numbers presented...also DOT? "


What I would advise you to do is do a little research and learn a little bit more about aviation, airlines, the DOT, and what the exactly the data means and how it is calculated. I have tried to explain various concepts to you multiple times and it seems like it goes over your head, I'm fine explaining things but after a while it just isn't worth my time.


"Thanks for your advise. FWIW, have flown > 2.5M miles so know a few things about airlines and aviation. I also know a few things about government data....in a word...it usually sucks. The FAA/DOT said as much back in 2005 in regards to their own stats....and have yet to fix them....thus why fee based services like OAG exist" (and even they use samples and averages) ."
 
User avatar
nikeson13
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:35 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:09 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:

SEA did really strong in June. Got any data on the CDG flight?


Wouldn't surprise me if DL threw in an A320 or B738 next summer, the interesting data will be for July where SLC was a B738, MSP was on the B757+everything else, and OAK started so if SEA LFs are still in the 90s that route is in very good shape.

The fact that DL is this strong is a good sign for future increases. DL is very happy with how IND-MCO is performing daily, so an expanded presence on IND-Florida is being reviewed. IND-NYC is going to get the A220 it is just a matter of when, IND-NYC LFs are high now will likely get higher once WN exits that market. Some interesting stuff is cooking...

I would be able to get some CDG data if the airports numbers didn't include award tickets.


"Q1 YTD enplaned int'l were 9,288. Looking at the IND June stats...total domestic up 6.9%. Total International up 35.4%. Overall total up 7.2%. Reflects the CDG flight. Wonder how the CDG pax numbers impacted flights that could have been used to connect to CDG or other European destinations?"

I know there are passengers rebooked through IND on DL, not sure how or to where. Booked a return VCE-JFK-IND this summer, ended up flying VCE-CDG-IND and I would estimate a dozen or less passengers caught connections. Also I would say 20-40% of the plane was rebooked like me who had IND as final but not through CDG. Sat next to a women supposed to fly ARN-EWR-IND through StarAlliance but ended up in the seat on DL next to me. It was a bad week of flying in general for the NE with thunderstorms in NYC, but it shows the capabilities that a flight like CDG-IND brings to the table in keeping passengers moving.
Nikolas
 
fedex1
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:35 pm

It would be awesome if Delta kept going daily earlier! CDG!
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:05 pm

It looks like IND-PHX will be increased for the holidays, mostly 3x daily but one or two days 4x daily on the B738/A320/A319.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
ibthebigd
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:12 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
It looks like IND-PHX will be increased for the holidays, mostly 3x daily but one or two days 4x daily on the B738/A320/A319.
On American or that including Southwest also?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:11 pm

ibthebigd wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
It looks like IND-PHX will be increased for the holidays, mostly 3x daily but one or two days 4x daily on the B738/A320/A319.
On American or that including Southwest also?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


AA
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:08 pm

https://transparency.iedc.in.gov/Pages/ ... liant=true

Based on the amount given to DL so far: $715,495.00
Avg LF was 84.6% on IND-CDG both ways combined from May 25th-June 30th (possibly higher dependent on the number of cancellations)
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
beerbus
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:16 pm

[quote
Based on the amount given to DL so far: $715,495.00
Avg LF was 84.6% on IND-CDG both ways combined from May 25th-June 30th (possibly higher dependent on the number of cancellations)[/quote]

Wow, I had no idea DL was getting $55.00 per pax!
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:24 pm

beerbus wrote:
midwestindy wrote:
Based on the amount given to DL so far: $715,495.00
Avg LF was 84.6% on IND-CDG both ways combined from May 25th-June 30th (possibly higher dependent on the number of cancellations)


Wow, I had no idea DL was getting $55.00 per pax!


Yep, it's a very odd incentives package, usually the incentives are framed the opposite way. But this makes it seem like DL is quite confident that this route will be successful.

Next year I believe it will be somewhere around $30 per pax capped at $2 mil, this year I believe it is $55 per pax capped at $3.5 mil
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
IndyHoosier
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:35 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
beerbus wrote:
midwestindy wrote:
Based on the amount given to DL so far: $715,495.00
Avg LF was 84.6% on IND-CDG both ways combined from May 25th-June 30th (possibly higher dependent on the number of cancellations)


Wow, I had no idea DL was getting $55.00 per pax!


Yep, it's a very odd incentives package, usually the incentives are framed the opposite way. But this makes it seem like DL is quite confident that this route will be successful.

Next year I believe it will be somewhere around $30 per pax capped at $2 mil, this year I believe it is $55 per pax capped at $3.5 mil


Do you know if they get the $55/pax subsidy for connecting passengers on routes such as MSP-IND-CDG?
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:08 pm

IndyHoosier wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
beerbus wrote:

Wow, I had no idea DL was getting $55.00 per pax!


Yep, it's a very odd incentives package, usually the incentives are framed the opposite way. But this makes it seem like DL is quite confident that this route will be successful.

Next year I believe it will be somewhere around $30 per pax capped at $2 mil, this year I believe it is $55 per pax capped at $3.5 mil


Do you know if they get the $55/pax subsidy for connecting passengers on routes such as MSP-IND-CDG?


Yes they do
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
fedex1
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:13 pm

I didn’t think Delta was connecting people on the flight, it was just O/D?
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:15 pm

fedex1 wrote:
I didn’t think Delta was connecting people on the flight, it was just O/D?


There was some connecting traffic but it was mostly local traffic. (IND being their final dest.)
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:01 pm

zackary747 wrote:
fedex1 wrote:
I didn’t think Delta was connecting people on the flight, it was just O/D?


There was some connecting traffic but it was mostly local traffic. (IND being their final dest.)


Probably something like 5% connecting, maybe more depending on the day. I remember reading a french article that mentioned onward connections through IND to MCO, RSW, CUN, e.t.c
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
Jshank83
Posts: 2890
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
fedex1 wrote:
I didn’t think Delta was connecting people on the flight, it was just O/D?


There was some connecting traffic but it was mostly local traffic. (IND being their final dest.)


Probably something like 5% connecting, maybe more depending on the day. I remember reading a french article that mentioned onward connections through IND to MCO, RSW, CUN, e.t.c


I assume if someone flies CDG-IND-CUN they are going to have to go thru customs twice? In IND and CUN.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:15 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
zackary747 wrote:

There was some connecting traffic but it was mostly local traffic. (IND being their final dest.)


Probably something like 5% connecting, maybe more depending on the day. I remember reading a french article that mentioned onward connections through IND to MCO, RSW, CUN, e.t.c


I assume if someone flies CDG-IND-CUN they are going to have to go thru customs twice? In IND and CUN.


Yeah, although it wouldn't even be possible at this point because the times don't line up
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:57 am

Thought I would share this with you all

Here is the growth by route for certain destinations for June '17-June '18

IND-ATL
DL: 2.13% growth in seats, -0.77% decline in pax
WN: 3.28% growth in seats, 13.97% growth in pax
IND-AUS
G4: 43.64% growth in seats, 3.9% growth in pax (Probably didn't expect F9 and WN to enter the market)
IND-BWI
WN: 1.11% decline in seats, 10.6% growth in pax (Loss of DCA leads to stronger BWI)
IND-BOS (Looks like this market is seeing significant growth)
DL: 2.76% growth in seats, 27.89% growth in pax
WN: 11.4% growth in seats, 14.74% growth in pax
IND-CLT
AA: 6.99% decline in seats, 4.65% decline in pax
IND-MDW
WN: 9.42% decline in seats, 13.08% increase in pax
IND-DFW
AA: 0.56% increase in seats, 8.77% increase in pax
IND-DAL
WN: 13.76% increase in seats, 19.6% increase in pax
IND-DEN
WN: 11.81% increase in seats, 10.1% increase in pax
UA: 27.27% decrease in seats, 26.58% decrease in pax
F9: 66.2% decrease in seats, 65.87% decrease in pax
IND-VPS
G4: 44.4% increase in seats, 42.5% increase in pax
IND-DTW
DL: 4.12% decrease in seats, 6.68% decrease in pax
IND-FLL
G4: 17.65% increase in seats, 16.85% increase in pax
WN: 8.36% increase in seats, 17.25% increase in pax
IND-RSW
WN: 1.81% increase in seats, 1.63% decline in pax
DL: 21.84% decline in seats, 14.86% decline in pax
IND-HOU
WN: 5.52% decline in seats, 7.06% increase in pax
IND-IAH
UA: 1.04% decline in seats, 4.28% increase in pax
IND-JAX
G4: 44.455 increase in seats, 31.75% increase in pax
IND-MCI
WN: 6.91% decrease in seats, 12.19% decrease in pax
IND-LAS
WN: 12.62% increase in seats, 8.14% increase in pax
G4: 35.56% increase in seats, 45.79% increase in pax
IND-LAX
WN: 1.49% increase in seats, 6.81% increase in pax
AA: 3.45% decrease in seats, 2.89% decrease in pax
DL: 20.18% decrease in seats, 15.37% decrease in pax
IND-MSP
DL: 5.13% decrease in seats, 3.53% decrease in pax
IND-MYR
G4: 2.56% increase in seats, 2.87% increase in pax
IND-JFK
DL: 47.17% increase in seats, 43.98% increase in pax
AA: 39.02% decrease in seats, 35.22% decrease in pax
IND-LGA
DL: 4.88% increase in seats, 17.07% increase in pax
AA: 27.06% increase in seats, 50.69% increase in pax
IND-EWR
WN: 18.45% increase in seats, 32.31% increase in pax
UA: 9.48% increase in seats, 6.94% increase in pax
IND-MCO
DL: 44.74% increase in seats, 45.7% increase in pax
F9: 28.14% decrease in seats, 22.24% decrease in pax
WN: 1.35% increase in seats, 2.97% decrease in pax
IND-SFB
G4: 35.93% increase in seats, 34.31% increase in pax
IND-PHL
AA: 19.79% increase in seats, 28.21% increase in pax
IND-PHX
AA: 0.0% change in seats, 1.26% increase in pax
WN: 8.45% increase in seats, 4.22% decrease in pax
IND-PGD
G4: 28.57% increase in seats, 23.83% increase in pax
IND-RDU
DL: 15.77% decrease in seats, 7.89% decrease in pax
IND-SLC
DL: 46.16% increase in seats, 48.09% increase in pax
IND-SAN
WN: 13.96% decrease in seats, 14.93% decrease in pax
IND-SAV
G4: 33.33% increase in seats, 12.88% increase in pax
IND-SFO
UA: 62.71% increase in seats, 70.15% increase in pax
IND-SEA
AS: 0.95% decrease in seats, 5.4% increase in pax
IND-PIE
G4: 65.75% increase in seats, 64.03% increase in pax
IND-TPA
WN: 3.55% decrease in seats, 5.24% decrease in pax
IND-DCA
AA: 3.85% decrease in seats, 4.2% increase in pax
IND-IAD
UA: 14.93% decrease in seats, 8.16% decrease in pax
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
IndyHoosier
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:35 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:32 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Thought I would share this with you all

Here is the growth by route for certain destinations for June '17-June '18



Great analysis! Thanks for posting!
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:16 am

Lots of interesting airport related info to update on:

Airport is spending $80 on the storm water and deicing project in 2019, and they expect that to be done by early 2020. Once that is done, then the FX expansion can continue

Garage Expansion:
Car rentals are out of space, so an additional 5 floors will be added to the north side of the garage to allow for an additional 1,200 rental car spaces and an additional 300 spaces for public parking. Project completion is slated for 2021, and will begin next year.

Cargo Building Expansion:
The GE engines on the Paris flight are taking up too much room in the cargo building, and as a result the airport has had to displace some of the other activity to other buildings. Hence the need for the $6 million dollar Cargo Building Expansion....

European Expansion:
I will quote directly from Mario on this one: "There was around 250 hoosiers going to Europe a day, so using the 767 is the right fit, as the demand keeps growing I am sure there will be a need for expansion but right now it is looking good to keep that flight for the foreseeable future, but I wouldn't expect another flight anytime soon because the numbers just aren't there yet. If they were, another flight would already be there, it's not a build it and they will come sort of thing, it is kind of like if it is there and it looks like it will project the airlines will come, and we've been marketing that and we've got a couple other uhhhhhh things we are looking at right now soooo uhhhh it will be interesting"

Concession Refresh:
While a number of units(concessions, restaurants, e.t.c) will go down to be refurbished, there will be some very exciting concepts that will come in as well, which will supposedly be neat to see participate in



Btw Southwest has an extension coming up next week, not expecting anything special but you never know.....
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
Indy
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:36 am

An additional five floors to one side of the parking garage? Are you positive? That seems a little weird and would look really unbalanced.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:41 am

Indy wrote:
An additional five floors to one side of the parking garage? Are you positive? That seems a little weird and would look really unbalanced.


Sorry I should have been more clear, the parking garage will just be extended to the north, and will be level with the current structure (5 floors)..

Btw none of this is rumor, all of it is confirmed
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
Indy
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:43 am

Ah okay. That makes more sense.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:07 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Indy wrote:
An additional five floors to one side of the parking garage? Are you positive? That seems a little weird and would look really unbalanced.


Sorry I should have been more clear, the parking garage will just be extended to the north, and will be level with the current structure (5 floors)..

Btw none of this is rumor, all of it is confirmed


Did you attend the board meeting or something of that nature? Just curious where you got the info. Any updates on the proposed hotel?
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:47 pm

zackary747 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Indy wrote:
An additional five floors to one side of the parking garage? Are you positive? That seems a little weird and would look really unbalanced.


Sorry I should have been more clear, the parking garage will just be extended to the north, and will be level with the current structure (5 floors)..

Btw none of this is rumor, all of it is confirmed


Did you attend the board meeting or something of that nature? Just curious where you got the info. Any updates on the proposed hotel?


The info is from the proposed budget, that should be posted on their website in the next few weeks
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:08 pm

zackary747 wrote:
Any updates on the proposed hotel?


The IBJ will be running a story either today or tomorrow about what I shared so some hotel related info may be involved
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
Indy
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:50 am

Midwestindy wrote:
Airport is spending $80 on the storm water and deicing project in 2019, and they expect that to be done by early 2020. Once that is done, then the FX expansion can continue


I am curious about this part. Isn't FX actively working on their expansion right now? My first thought is that this particular project may delay parts of the expansion but not all of it.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air
 
Indy
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:18 am

So apparently an economic development official from the UAE was in Indianapolis to discuss significant international trade opportunities. This apparently included meeting with Eli Lilly leaders.

The article states "He says working in Dubai, which has one of the world's busiest airports and a major port, can help open up opportunities with trade partners through connections in the Middle East, the Indian Subcontinent and parts of Africa."

Does this mean there is a potential for an Emirates cargo flight between IND and DXB? Or is this possibly the Asian destination that is being negotiated? It would think the flight would be almost all connecting traffic in DXB with a belly full of cargo subsidizing the flight. If they are seriously looking at cargo trade between Indiana/Indianapolis and the UAE, then it would seem something aviation related between IND and DXB would be on the horizon. I would tend to think it would be cargo only and the goal for passenger service would be a nonstop to Japan instead. I could be wrong. What would be better for business travelers when it comes to Asia? Would it be JAL to Tokyo with connections from there or Emirates to DXB with connections to Asia from that point?

Edit: Forgot the link
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/st ... ortunities
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 4149
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:45 am

Indy wrote:
So apparently an economic development official from the UAE was in Indianapolis to discuss significant international trade opportunities. This apparently included meeting with Eli Lilly leaders.

The article states "He says working in Dubai, which has one of the world's busiest airports and a major port, can help open up opportunities with trade partners through connections in the Middle East, the Indian Subcontinent and parts of Africa."

Does this mean there is a potential for an Emirates cargo flight between IND and DXB? Or is this possibly the Asian destination that is being negotiated? It would think the flight would be almost all connecting traffic in DXB with a belly full of cargo subsidizing the flight. If they are seriously looking at cargo trade between Indiana/Indianapolis and the UAE, then it would seem something aviation related between IND and DXB would be on the horizon. I would tend to think it would be cargo only and the goal for passenger service would be a nonstop to Japan instead. I could be wrong. What would be better for business travelers when it comes to Asia? Would it be JAL to Tokyo with connections from there or Emirates to DXB with connections to Asia from that point?

Edit: Forgot the link
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/st ... ortunities


I'm not really sure on this one, although a passenger flight from IND-DXB is not in the cards at least in the next 10 years. Emirates Cargo could be an option on the cargo end though, I just would think it would be hard for companies to switch over from FedEx unless Emirates Cargo brings something to the table like CargoLux does. The airport does have incentives in place for new cargo airlines to come in, so we will see.

JAL to TYO is looking like the frontrunner, I just don't see ANA or DL being interested in running IND-TYO especially with DL's situation in Japan.

Indy wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Airport is spending $80 on the storm water and deicing project in 2019, and they expect that to be done by early 2020. Once that is done, then the FX expansion can continue


I am curious about this part. Isn't FX actively working on their expansion right now? My first thought is that this particular project may delay parts of the expansion but not all of it.


Yeah, most of it is preliminary work right now though, they need to finish this project to satisfy the EPA regulations for the FedEx ramp as it continues to be expanded. I'm not sure how much impact this has on the third runway being built though, and that would be something to find out.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List
 
Indy
Posts: 4843
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:13 am

Midwestindy wrote:
I'm not really sure on this one, although a passenger flight from IND-DXB is not in the cards at least in the next 10 years. Emirates Cargo could be an option on the cargo end though, I just would think it would be hard for companies to switch over from FedEx unless Emirates Cargo brings something to the table like CargoLux does. The airport does have incentives in place for new cargo airlines to come in, so we will see.

JAL to TYO is looking like the frontrunner, I just don't see ANA or DL being interested in running IND-TYO especially with DL's situation in Japan.


An Asia flight would likely go loaded with cargo much like the CDG flight does. Can the belly cargo facility handle that kind of load even with the expansion? Or is this expansion going to be enough to cover another wide body jet loaded with belly cargo?
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Indianapolis Aviation Thread - 2018

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:48 am

Just to let you guys know. I am an estimators assistant for an insulation contractor (little extra cash while I am in college) and I saw a bid come in saying "FedEx wide body apron expansion" Address showed Perimeter road. Since these bids are public information and the original bid for non-insulation stuff was done long ago I thought I would let you guys know. Anyone know any more information on this project?
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos