DeltaRules
Posts: 4590
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:35 pm

Air Wisconsin recently opened a maintenance base at DAY, joining PSA's extensive operation.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
flyguy89
Posts: 2382
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:50 pm

jtwall wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
It sounds like phase 1 of the Amazon facility is 200 daily flights with 100 parking spots and the 3 million sq ft sorting center. Sounds like phase 2 in the northern section will be in addition to that, no details on that part of the project have been revealed. I will be interested to see what they do with those 600 acres.

As for pax growth, CVG confirmed that 2018 should hit 9 million and they expect the equilibrium to be 11-12 million in the next 5 years.

I should add this is from an interview with the airport CEO: http://wvxu.org/post/what-cvgs-success- ... s#stream/0. As far as the masterplan, they are 1/4th into the study. According to the CEO, a new terminal is being studied in the long term plan, but it is still decades away.

Also, WOW is expanding CVG-KEF to 5x/week https://www.cincinnati.com/story/money/ ... 366222002/. It sounds like the flight is doing well!

I am guessing that this data would never be released by WW, but I'd be fascinated to visualize the zip codes of WW purchases (and possibly do some kind of heat map by departure airport). I would imagine the catchment area for WW flights is possibly bigger than other carriers and would be cool to see where the bleed is coming from (specifically which airport CMH passenger areas are choosing if they are flying WW).

Oh I'm certain one of the reasons they chose CVG was its central location, so I can easily imagine the flight drawing heavily from LEX, SDF, IND and DAY. CMH probably cuts 50/50 between CVG and CLE.
 
airberlin2017
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:40 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:23 pm

WOW Air: KEF-CVG

06/01 - 09/11 from 4 to 5x weekly due the strong bookings on this route. :D
 
jplatts
Posts: 1657
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:59 pm

Does anyone know what the load factors were like on WN's seasonal CMH-HOU nonstop flights in November 2017?
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:23 pm

jplatts wrote:
Does anyone know what the load factors were like on WN's seasonal CMH-HOU nonstop flights in November 2017?

CMH-HOU: 92% (7 departures)
HOU-CMH: 95% (7 arrivals)
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:25 pm

DL changes (Summer 2018):
CVG-EWR: 2xCR9/1xCR7 < 1xCR9/2xCR7
CVG-BDL: 1xCR7 < 1xCR9
CVG-BNA: 1xCR7 < 1xCR9
CVG-CUN: 0.1xMD80 < 0.1xB738
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
WWads
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:43 pm

cvgComair wrote:
Article out of about DEN add, apparently WN said there is more to come at CVG. The article is behind a paywall, but here is a quote, "Denver will not be the last city Southwest adds at CVG, and the airline continues to evaluate what could come next. There may be future flights to the Southeast or Texas, and Southwest knows that Cincinnati’s business community wants more service to the Northeast, particularly the expensive Boston market." https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ ... nstop.html.


Careful, you're going to trigger everyone's favorite bot.
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1789
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:57 am

cvgComair wrote:
DL changes (Summer 2018):
CVG-EWR: 2xCR9/1xCR7 < 1xCR9/2xCR7
CVG-BDL: 1xCR7 < 1xCR9
CVG-BNA: 1xCR7 < 1xCR9
CVG-CUN: 0.1xMD80 < 0.1xB738


They are upgauging BNA? Surprising. I wish they'd add an afternoon frequency rather than an upgauge.

Also, do you know why the LAX-CVG flights arrive so late? I may be going to the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area May 4th-6th and my sister may fly in from LAX. Just looking at the flights on DL, I notice the first inbound LAX-CVG flight arrives at 7pm and the second is a red-eye that arrives Saturday morning at 5 am.
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:50 am

More changes loaded, perhaps we will see more uguaging for the summer?
CVG-ORD on Sat now begins March 10, will be 2x on Sat starting March 17
CVG-RDU/DCA/BWI on Sat now begin June 16
CVG-IAH/DFW/AUS/STL/EWR see Sat service on select dates

ADrum23 wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
DL changes (Summer 2018):
CVG-EWR: 2xCR9/1xCR7 < 1xCR9/2xCR7
CVG-BDL: 1xCR7 < 1xCR9
CVG-BNA: 1xCR7 < 1xCR9
CVG-CUN: 0.1xMD80 < 0.1xB738


They are upgauging BNA? Surprising. I wish they'd add an afternoon frequency rather than an upgauge.

Also, do you know why the LAX-CVG flights arrive so late? I may be going to the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area May 4th-6th and my sister may fly in from LAX. Just looking at the flights on DL, I notice the first inbound LAX-CVG flight arrives at 7pm and the second is a red-eye that arrives Saturday morning at 5 am.

The mid-day arrival from LAX was the timing of the 3rd daily flight back when DL ran it 3x/day. Unfortunately, they have gone with evening arrival (which is used by LAX/PHX) and red-eyes (used by LAX/SEA/LAS/SFO). I am guessing it was the least popular of the 3 frequencies?
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:22 pm

UE appears to be making some drastic cuts. The 2nd daily flight on LUK-PDK has been cut and the route is scheduled to end May 25. Also, LUK-MDW/MMU are also schedule to end on May 25, while LUK-CLT ends June 19. That leaves only LUK-BKL at 2x/day, which is scheduled through the end of the booking window (Oct 26).

All UE's routes, including LUK-BKL, are down in pax numbers and loads YOY: https://www.transtats.bts.gov/airports. ... rier=FACTS

It is really unfortunate how UE has been doing, for awhile it looked like they could carve out a niche market. Looks like the end might be near...
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
greenair727
Posts: 1052
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:27 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:46 pm

^Isn't LUK-BKL their best route? Are you sure it down as opposed to lighter loads typical of Dec-Jan-Feb? I am surprised about LUK-MDW--I thought that route was solid. UE should start BKL-MDW--that would make instant money for them as there's a lot of traffic between Cleveland and Chicago, most of it to/from ORD and all of it to/from CLE--so they would corner the market with BKL and provide greater options into MDW.
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:18 pm

greenair727 wrote:
^Isn't LUK-BKL their best route? Are you sure it down as opposed to lighter loads typical of Dec-Jan-Feb? I am surprised about LUK-MDW--I thought that route was solid. UE should start BKL-MDW--that would make instant money for them as there's a lot of traffic between Cleveland and Chicago, most of it to/from ORD and all of it to/from CLE--so they would corner the market with BKL and provide greater options into MDW.

LUK-BKL is the best route, that is probably why it is still scheduled through the end of the schedule. Looking at the DOT, the numbers for BKL are incorrect, manually adding them up, '17 has been a slight increase over '16. For all the routes, it looks like pax numbers fell in early '17 but recovered by the end of the year. I am wondering if the loads from the first two months of 2018 were even worse than last year?

MDW has been struggling for awhile, it used to be 2x/day and has been reduced to 1x/day, yet loads are still the same as when it was 2x/day. I think it is suffering from WN entering the route. As for the end date of the routes, I am hoping they just haven't extended the routes, but given how much they have cut recently and the lack of a new route in over a year, I am skeptical. I think they are making more money out of charter flights right now, they recently shifted a few aircraft away from LUK into full-time charter ops.

Edit: Someone on the OAG forum posted that these charters ops are out of ACY for Caesar's. Just looking at FlightAware today, there were 9 Ultimate departures/arrivals out of ACY today alone. I bet they get quite a bit of revenue from these types of flights.
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
masseybrown
Posts: 5167
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 2:40 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:39 am

cvgComair wrote:
As for the end date of the routes, I am hoping they just haven't extended the routes.


I hope so, too. The last time it was predicted that they were quitting PDK, they came back with more flights. I think if they were really quitting all these routes, the exit would be much more abrupt than 2-3 months away.

Also DoT has omitted posting their monthly data before; that is not new.
 
NoTime
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:01 am

CMHMarc787 wrote:
A recent story in Columbus Business First (admittedly partisan, locally) talks about the real possibility (and reasons supporting that) of Amazon choosing the area for HQ2. With that in mind, and given the already established service to/from CMH, my question to the A-Net public: What service should/would HQ2 bring?

This is simply a speculative questions, so please no arguments about whether Columbus truly qualifies under Amazon's list of requirements. I'm purely interested in getting people's take on what should/would come to CMH.

Have at it, gang.


I honestly don't think Amazon's HQ2 would be a huge, transformative event for CMH/LCK air travel.

I do think we would see some non-stop service to SEA added from CMH in short order, followed by service to SFO. How many and by whom would be the questions. I'm not entirely sure whether AS would swoop in (although I suspect they would), and wouldn't be particularly surprised if DL jumped in if the opportunity presented itself.

As someone else stated, I think there would be some gradual upgauging of the expected routes - LGA/JFK/EWR, ORD, BOS, etc. But, I'm assuming that Amazon is similar to every other major company that I know, and it's not like they're sending thousands of employees to far-flung destinations every week. They almost certainly have well staffed teams of field sales associates, consultants, etc, but we're probably talking about numbers that are closer to 100 than 1,000. Throw in another 100 to 200 executive level employees who would travel quite a bit, and some regular ol' joe-schmoe travel for training and/or conferences, and I think you've got an idea of the outbound travel requirements.

I'm sure there would also be a noticeable increase in people flying into CMH to visit with Amazon. But, again, I don't see it as being large numbers... more likely just more upgauging of existing routes - perhaps a bit more frequency from tech-heavy locations.

Another result of an HQ2 "win" would be an increase in leisure travel from CMH. I mean, if you're going to quickly add 40,000 to 50,000 well-paying jobs to the area, you're probably going to see a noticeable uptick in the number of spring break flights to the beach and/or ski trips to the mountains.
 
WWads
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:59 am

cvgComair wrote:
UE appears to be making some drastic cuts. The 2nd daily flight on LUK-PDK has been cut and the route is scheduled to end May 25. Also, LUK-MDW/MMU are also schedule to end on May 25, while LUK-CLT ends June 19. That leaves only LUK-BKL at 2x/day, which is scheduled through the end of the booking window (Oct 26).

All UE's routes, including LUK-BKL, are down in pax numbers and loads YOY: https://www.transtats.bts.gov/airports. ... rier=FACTS

It is really unfortunate how UE has been doing, for awhile it looked like they could carve out a niche market. Looks like the end might be near...


I think they made a mistake trying to compete on well-served routes. ATL, CLT, and CHI all have significant service. They would have been better off going after markets that are underserved/not served at all.
 
flyCMH
Posts: 2218
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 1999 12:15 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:39 am

January is off to a decent start at CMH:

http://www.dispatch.com/business/201802 ... route-cuts

Over 500K traveling through the airport in January despite some pretty big cuts from F9. I found it interesting that United notched a net gain despite paring all mainline from CMH in the month of January and taking IAD down to all 50-seaters. UA mainline is back to 2x daily and with NK in the game, along with F9 and WN adding some seasonal services, 2018 numbers should continue their upward trend - baring any major setbacks.

LCK continues to do well with Allegiant and cargo, with pax traffic up 6.8% for the month and cargo volume up 13.8% compared to last January.
712,722,732/733/734/735/736/73G/738/739,744,752/753,762/763,772/773,788/789,318,319,320,321,332,333,343,346
380,D93,M88,M90,M11,F100,B11,L10,146,CR1/CR2/CR7/CR9,E35/40/45/70/75/90,EM2,SF3,ATR,AT7,J41,DH1/3/4
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4590
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:11 pm

NoTime wrote:
CMHMarc787 wrote:
A recent story in Columbus Business First (admittedly partisan, locally) talks about the real possibility (and reasons supporting that) of Amazon choosing the area for HQ2. With that in mind, and given the already established service to/from CMH, my question to the A-Net public: What service should/would HQ2 bring?

This is simply a speculative questions, so please no arguments about whether Columbus truly qualifies under Amazon's list of requirements. I'm purely interested in getting people's take on what should/would come to CMH.

Have at it, gang.


I honestly don't think Amazon's HQ2 would be a huge, transformative event for CMH/LCK air travel.

I do think we would see some non-stop service to SEA added from CMH in short order, followed by service to SFO. How many and by whom would be the questions. I'm not entirely sure whether AS would swoop in (although I suspect they would), and wouldn't be particularly surprised if DL jumped in if the opportunity presented itself.

As someone else stated, I think there would be some gradual upgauging of the expected routes - LGA/JFK/EWR, ORD, BOS, etc. But, I'm assuming that Amazon is similar to every other major company that I know, and it's not like they're sending thousands of employees to far-flung destinations every week. They almost certainly have well staffed teams of field sales associates, consultants, etc, but we're probably talking about numbers that are closer to 100 than 1,000. Throw in another 100 to 200 executive level employees who would travel quite a bit, and some regular ol' joe-schmoe travel for training and/or conferences, and I think you've got an idea of the outbound travel requirements.

I'm sure there would also be a noticeable increase in people flying into CMH to visit with Amazon. But, again, I don't see it as being large numbers... more likely just more upgauging of existing routes - perhaps a bit more frequency from tech-heavy locations.

Another result of an HQ2 "win" would be an increase in leisure travel from CMH. I mean, if you're going to quickly add 40,000 to 50,000 well-paying jobs to the area, you're probably going to see a noticeable uptick in the number of spring break flights to the beach and/or ski trips to the mountains.


I agree with this. All the cities we've been waiting for service from (SEA, SFO, SLC, maybe SAN) would finally happen, but I'd figure not much more. Somebody (possibly more than one) would jump on SEA and, with AS/VX in progress, it'd theoretically give them an incentive to start SFO as well. Maybe somebody finally asks CMH to the Midwest TATL dance. I'd wonder if there'd be opportunity for more seemingly random point-to-point flying from somebody like DL on RJs; OneJet could also try this.

Another thing about HQ2 and leisure travel is that NK picked Columbus because it stuck out as a place with low unemployment/high likelihood of people with disposable income to travel. Add 40-50,000 people to that dynamic and maybe NK goes hard at CMH- they're already running 7 flights a day at peak from one gate with another they could potentially expand to right next door. That said, I'd rather see them add new dots than try to drop fares on existing markets in the future. Maybe they're the one to start SEA.

flyCMH wrote:
January is off to a decent start at CMH:

http://www.dispatch.com/business/201802 ... route-cuts

Over 500K traveling through the airport in January despite some pretty big cuts from F9. I found it interesting that United notched a net gain despite paring all mainline from CMH in the month of January and taking IAD down to all 50-seaters. UA mainline is back to 2x daily and with NK in the game, along with F9 and WN adding some seasonal services, 2018 numbers should continue their upward trend - baring any major setbacks.

LCK continues to do well with Allegiant and cargo, with pax traffic up 6.8% for the month and cargo volume up 13.8% compared to last January.


Pretty ironic about UA given they ran mainline a good chunk of last year and trended downward, only to cut seats and gain. Mainline has tended to be more common in the summer, so that could trend back up. I'm curious to see how NK does.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:01 pm

I think ATL is effectively out of the running for the Amazon headquarters after the Delta strife over the NRA. Hopefully this raises the chances for IND/PIT/CMH in securing HQ2. https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/201 ... 382331002/
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
StuckinCMHland
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:59 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:03 am

cvgComair wrote:
I think ATL is effectively out of the running for the Amazon headquarters after the Delta strife over the NRA. Hopefully this raises the chances for IND/PIT/CMH in securing HQ2. https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/201 ... 382331002/


If that wipes out a bid from a city then Amazon is not worth having in your city. Virtue signalling by corporations is awful. :shakehead:
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 2928
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:28 am

Heads up if you are traveling in the next few weeks/months there are some crazy deals going on
F9
$20 one-way
-CMH-MCO
-CVG-ATL/RDU/PHL
$39 one-way
-CVG-LGA/DFW/JAX/TPA/MSP/AUS

G4 has some good deals to PVD/RDU/DEN/EWR/FLL/BWI/LAS as well from LCK and CVG

I'm not sure how long these sales last, but I thought I'd give you guys a heads up
DL DM, AA Gold 2018: AMS, ATL, AUS, BOS, BWI, CDG, CLT, CMN, DCA, DFW, DTW, DXB, EWR, FLL, FRA, HAV, HPN, JFK, JNB, IAD, IAH, IND, LAX, LGA, LHR, LOS, MAD, MCO, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PVD, SAN, SEA, SJD, SLC, SFO, STL, TPA, TXL, ZRH....Loading....
 
Yossarian22
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:25 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:35 am

flyguy89 wrote:
jtwall wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
I should add this is from an interview with the airport CEO: http://wvxu.org/post/what-cvgs-success- ... s#stream/0. As far as the masterplan, they are 1/4th into the study. According to the CEO, a new terminal is being studied in the long term plan, but it is still decades away.

Also, WOW is expanding CVG-KEF to 5x/week https://www.cincinnati.com/story/money/ ... 366222002/. It sounds like the flight is doing well!

I am guessing that this data would never be released by WW, but I'd be fascinated to visualize the zip codes of WW purchases (and possibly do some kind of heat map by departure airport). I would imagine the catchment area for WW flights is possibly bigger than other carriers and would be cool to see where the bleed is coming from (specifically which airport CMH passenger areas are choosing if they are flying WW).

Oh I'm certain one of the reasons they chose CVG was its central location, so I can easily imagine the flight drawing heavily from LEX, SDF, IND and DAY. CMH probably cuts 50/50 between CVG and CLE.


Makes sense. If we used to leave CVG behIND, it would stand for reason that folks from those near by metro’s would drive to Cincinnati for a $400 USD round trip to Europe.
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:57 pm

Tons of diversions from the Northeast at CVG right now. I bet a lot of TATL flights divert from JFK to CVG this evening, JFK-MAD/LHR have already come.
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:25 pm

I updated the DL CVG departures for June 2018 to reflect the new changes. There are 82 peak daily flights with 22 minimum gates needed (without overflow). Also, there are a lot more late-night arrivals than there used to be:
Image
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IZ9zxKS0eARzLoq2KT6KH1cJPWXEreBGVWOZ9HGYIso/edit?usp=sharing
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4590
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:25 pm

cvgComair wrote:
Tons of diversions from the Northeast at CVG right now. I bet a lot of TATL flights divert from JFK to CVG this evening, JFK-MAD/LHR have already come.


CMH had an A330 divert from DTW yesterday.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:22 pm

cvgComair wrote:
Tons of diversions from the Northeast at CVG right now. I bet a lot of TATL flights divert from JFK to CVG this evening, JFK-MAD/LHR have already come.


I saw them all XD. It was great to see 4 DL 763s at B at once a bit nostalgic!
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Here is my picture from my Instagram of the JFK-MAD diversion to CVG taking off back to JFK about 3 hours after it arrived, if anyone is interested. https://www.yooying.com/p/1726507370808 ... 1818578490
 
topguncnod
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 1:46 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:14 pm

cvgComair wrote:
There are 82 peak daily flights with 22 minimum gates needed (without overflow).


And how many gates will they have with American shifting over to B?
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:25 pm

topguncnod wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
There are 82 peak daily flights with 22 minimum gates needed (without overflow).

And how many gates will they have with American shifting over to B?

They will have exactly 22 gates with AA moving over (the 22 peak gates is only reached in the morning rush):
DL has 22: B1-8/10-17/19/21/23/25/27/28
AA has 5: B18/20/22/24/26
Intl/WOW has 1: B9 (B6 available for overflow))
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
User avatar
AirportRival
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:29 pm

cvgComair wrote:
topguncnod wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
There are 82 peak daily flights with 22 minimum gates needed (without overflow).

And how many gates will they have with American shifting over to B?

They will have exactly 22 gates with AA moving over (the 22 peak gates is only reached in the morning rush):
DL has 22: B1-5/7-17/19/21/23/25/27/28
AA has 5: B18/20/22/24/26
Intl/WOW has 1: B6 (B9 available for overflow))


Actually, B9 will be the common use international gate.
A319, A320, A321, B1900F, B737-300, B737-400, B737-400F, B737-700, B737-800, B757-200, B757-200F, B767-200F, B767-300F, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, ERJ-145, E-170, E-175, MD-80, SD3-60F
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 pm

AirportRival wrote:
cvgComair wrote:
topguncnod wrote:
And how many gates will they have with American shifting over to B?

They will have exactly 22 gates with AA moving over (the 22 peak gates is only reached in the morning rush):
DL has 22: B1-5/7-17/19/21/23/25/27/28
AA has 5: B18/20/22/24/26
Intl/WOW has 1: B6 (B9 available for overflow))

Actually, B9 will be the common use international gate.

Yeah, it is B9. I must have fixed it right after you replied 8-) .
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:03 pm

Nice AA increases for the summer (from enilria's OAG thread):
AA DFW-CVG JUN 4>5 JUL 4>5 AUG 4>5 SEP 4>5 OCT 4>5
AA MIA-CVG JUN 1.0>3 JUL 1.0>3 AUG 1.0>3 SEP 1.0>3 OCT 1.0>3 NOV 1.0>3
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:50 pm

cvgComair wrote:
Nice AA increases for the summer (from enilria's OAG thread):
AA DFW-CVG JUN 4>5 JUL 4>5 AUG 4>5 SEP 4>5 OCT 4>5
AA MIA-CVG JUN 1.0>3 JUL 1.0>3 AUG 1.0>3 SEP 1.0>3 OCT 1.0>3 NOV 1.0>3


Wow that explains all the new concessions. Last summer concourse B has roughly 80 daily flights, this summer there will be 117, a 47% increase! (Obviously this will affect A a little bit, however).
 
rockyracoon
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:58 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Cvgspotter15 wrote:
AA MIA-CVG JUN 1.0>3 JUL 1.0>3 AUG 1.0>3 SEP 1.0>3 OCT 1.0>3 NOV 1.0>3


Wow that's a big jump for AA. It had been 2x EMB-145 for the longest time, and then when it dropped to 1x (early 2017, I think?), I got concerned it may go to the wayside... Great news, and more convenient connections! Coupled with the F9 service, CVG is going to have a solid MIA offering.
Airports I've flown from: CVG PIT MWO PHL PHX ORD DCA MIA TPA MCO FLL ATL DTW DFW SJC LAX DEN SLC LAS HNL LIH OGG YVR MUC ICN NRT PVG SHA SZX MNL PPS CRK BKK DMK KBV EOH MDE CLO CTG SMR BOG ACD MEX CUN MID AUA SAL RTB
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4590
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:45 pm

DL is starting SLC-CLE in July, which goes daily in August.

Didn't they just announce PIT-SLC, too? I'd have to figure CMH could be just around the corner given it's said to be on SLC's wishlist and how big Delta is in Columbus...right?
Last edited by DeltaRules on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:48 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
DL is starting SLC-CLE in July, which goes daily in August.

Didn't they just announce PIT-SLC, too? I'd have to figure CMH could be just around the corner given it's said to be on SLC's wishlist and how big Delta is in Columbus...right?

I would think so... I am shocked to see CLE before CMH, hopefully it is on the horizon!
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
papatango
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 1999 10:32 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:30 pm

Seems like CMH is the ugly stepchild!
 
flyinryan99
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2001 6:54 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:52 pm

July 5th, TOL ORD goes from 3x CRJ to 2x CR7, 1x E145. CLT remains 2x CRJ. First time F/J class has been offered by a network carrier in TOL since USAirways left back in 2001.
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:00 pm

flyinryan99 wrote:
July 5th, TOL ORD goes from 3x CRJ to 2x CR7, 1x E145. CLT remains 2x CRJ. First time F/J class has been offered by a network carrier in TOL since USAirways left back in 2001.

:D I am glad to see AA doing well in TOL!
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
ADrum23
Posts: 1789
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Still no additional mainline on AA out of CVG. You'd have thought they'd throw an A319 or two on CVG-CLT by now.
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4590
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:02 pm

papatango wrote:
Seems like CMH is the ugly stepchild!


There's an irritating black hole developing in the space between IND, PIT, CVG, CLE, and DTW, but the difference is I have more faith DL will start SLC as compared to UA and SFO. It seems to me that CLE and PIT-SLC were pulled the last time around the time CMH-SLC went, so maybe they're building back in.

The poster from SLC who had connections to their airport authority mentioned PIT, CLE, CMH, and BUF were all targets and the largest unserved from there.

ADrum23 wrote:
Still no additional mainline on AA out of CVG. You'd have thought they'd throw an A319 or two on CVG-CLT by now.


I admittedly haven't looked at the CVG-CLT schedules, but if it's anything like it is 115 miles to the Northeast, you'll be all-RJ as long as you've got the PSA maintenance facility there. Other than an oddball A319 flight on CMH-CLT in the fall of 2011 (IIRC), there hasn't been regular mainline on the route since the mid 2000s. All of it was replaced by mostly RP (MX base) with some flights operated by YV and OH at times on -900s.

edit- Other than 2 ERJs and an E90 to PHL and a CR7 and CR9 to CLT, the entire Eastern LUS network from CMH right now is RP E75s (if you ignore LGA, which was run by both US and AA). Not the worst thing in the world, but it doesn't seem great for mainline chances, especially since CMH seems to be more of a high frequency city.

flyinryan99 wrote:
July 5th, TOL ORD goes from 3x CRJ to 2x CR7, 1x E145. CLT remains 2x CRJ. First time F/J class has been offered by a network carrier in TOL since USAirways left back in 2001.


This is really good to see.
Last edited by DeltaRules on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:10 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
Still no additional mainline on AA out of CVG. You'd have thought they'd throw an A319 or two on CVG-CLT by now.


I checked the timetables earlier today and thought the exact same thing. But up until this recent upgauge DFW got downgraded in frequency when mainline was added.
 
CMHMarc787
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:40 pm

I was picking up my husband yesterday at CMH, and noticed that, now that NK has set up shop, there is little to no room at the ticket counters for another airline to set up shop. Unless one of the current tenants gives up space, where could a potential AS/VX, or TATL be able to have counter space?
 
beertrucker
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:13 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:04 pm

CMHMarc787 wrote:
I was picking up my husband yesterday at CMH, and noticed that, now that NK has set up shop, there is little to no room at the ticket counters for another airline to set up shop. Unless one of the current tenants gives up space, where could a potential AS/VX, or TATL be able to have counter space?



if it is new TATL and not from a US carrier I bet the ground crew would be contracted out to Delta or someone else. they can also check in at the Delta counter or whoever does the Ground handling. When i was in Ft Myers Delta and other Airlines bid for contract service of International flights. A good example would be Orlando. Delta does a lot of the international ramp work. Not all but a lot.
Fly HI
 
User avatar
flymco753
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:52 pm

beertrucker wrote:
CMHMarc787 wrote:
A good example would be Orlando. Delta does a lot of the international ramp work. Not all but a lot.
Delta does Virgin ground which is a pretty big deal. I feel like once AM and WS are all together, they'll take that over too.
Resort, and other ground transportation options are on level 1.

*Future Route Network Planner*
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4590
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:01 am

Flew out of C yesterday at CMH:
-Vacation Express has moved to C46- the info boards had a flight from CUN arriving there. I figure they're departing from there now, too because I think F9 has a RON.
-F9 has set up shop at C47 with branding on the podium and walls, but no form of display (electronic or old-school) for flight info.
-OneJet now has a sort-of awkwardly placed podium next to the door between the seating area and Starbucks, which I figure accesses the ramp for boarding at "C48" (actual C48 is right next to C47 with no jetway).
-DL had a CRJ on a hardstand between 48 and 49 (which I'd never seen before), as well as an E170 waiting for a flight with a number in the 9000s at C49, so I'm guessing they're claiming that for their own.

beertrucker wrote:
CMHMarc787 wrote:
I was picking up my husband yesterday at CMH, and noticed that, now that NK has set up shop, there is little to no room at the ticket counters for another airline to set up shop. Unless one of the current tenants gives up space, where could a potential AS/VX, or TATL be able to have counter space?



if it is new TATL and not from a US carrier I bet the ground crew would be contracted out to Delta or someone else. they can also check in at the Delta counter or whoever does the Ground handling. When i was in Ft Myers Delta and other Airlines bid for contract service of International flights. A good example would be Orlando. Delta does a lot of the international ramp work. Not all but a lot.


We talked about this a while back and figured somebody would have to give up counter space as DL did to OneJet. At one point, the current OneJet position was the DL elite line. What's left of the Charters desk could probably go- I would imagine that's handled by another airline anyway. They could maybe give up some of the UA-branded space to AC- there was never a proper AC desk until the renovation and mergermania.

There's also the possibility they add some counters back in the dead space between C and the DL desk where DL and, at one point, B6's counters were or, less likely, between A and WN's counter.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
cvgComair
Posts: 1860
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:42 am

rockyracoon wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:
AA MIA-CVG JUN 1.0>3 JUL 1.0>3 AUG 1.0>3 SEP 1.0>3 OCT 1.0>3 NOV 1.0>3

Wow that's a big jump for AA. It had been 2x EMB-145 for the longest time, and then when it dropped to 1x (early 2017, I think?), I got concerned it may go to the wayside... Great news, and more convenient connections! Coupled with the F9 service, CVG is going to have a solid MIA offering.

Lots of service for MIA, I wonder if DL will ever try CVG-MIA again? Of course DL flies to FLL, but they still fly to both FLL/MIA from RDU. They serve CVG-MCO/RSW/TPA with more service on Saturdays, perhaps instead of adding a 2nd daily to FLL, they could add MIA?
Next: BGR-LGA (Delta CRJ-200), LGA-CVG (Delta CRJ-900)
DL SM, A319/320/332/333, B712/722/732/733/738/739/752/753/763/764/772/773/788, CRJ-100/2/7/9, ERJ-145/75, MD-88/90, S340
 
User avatar
Cvgspotter15
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:23 am

cvgComair wrote:
rockyracoon wrote:
Cvgspotter15 wrote:
AA MIA-CVG JUN 1.0>3 JUL 1.0>3 AUG 1.0>3 SEP 1.0>3 OCT 1.0>3 NOV 1.0>3

Wow that's a big jump for AA. It had been 2x EMB-145 for the longest time, and then when it dropped to 1x (early 2017, I think?), I got concerned it may go to the wayside... Great news, and more convenient connections! Coupled with the F9 service, CVG is going to have a solid MIA offering.

Lots of service for MIA, I wonder if DL will ever try CVG-MIA again? Of course DL flies to FLL, but they still fly to both FLL/MIA from RDU. They serve CVG-MCO/RSW/TPA with more service on Saturdays, perhaps instead of adding a 2nd daily to FLL, they could add MIA?


Coming from a person that goes to the Miami area frequently I usually go to FLL with the cheaper fares and it’s pretty convenient and not very far at all. Especially with this American expansion it would be pointless in my opinion, and they should just focus on Fort Lauderdale.
 
Briancw
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:55 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:44 pm

CRAA January meeting minutes have been posted.

Of note, I was glad to see this quote from the new CEO: "Elaine Roberts was a successful leader at CRAA and we will continue to build on those successes; however, my leadership style will be different".

And glad to see the President & CEO Report is much more thorough.

Link: https://columbusairports.com/storage/pr ... -23-18.pdf
 
bluejackets
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:50 pm

papatango wrote:
Seems like CMH is the ugly stepchild!


This route has always been temperamental. It took DL forever to start it the first time and they never seemed to do well once it did. If they pick it back up, I would think it means business traffic is picking back up between CMH-West Coast. I think they see that potential in CLE.

As far ticket counter space for a new airline, shouldn't there be some between American and Frontier; and United and Southwest? The check-in lobby renovation seemed to make things pretty spacious.
It's funny when I tell people I love planes and they think I'm weird.
 
flyCMH
Posts: 2218
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 1999 12:15 pm

Re: The rest of Ohio - 2018

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:57 pm

flyinryan99 wrote:
July 5th, TOL ORD goes from 3x CRJ to 2x CR7, 1x E145. CLT remains 2x CRJ. First time F/J class has been offered by a network carrier in TOL since USAirways left back in 2001.


This is fantastic news. American really seems to be managing the market well and making it work for them. Hopefully paced expansion can continue with DFW or NYC added in the somewhat near future. In the meantime, I'm really happy with this service expansion - hopefully CLT will also continue to see ad-hoc upgauges as well.

In other TOL aviation news, it looks like local governments and authorities are putting together ideas and investigating opportunities to develop the south side of the airfield:

http://www.toledoblade.com/business/201 ... model.html
Last edited by flyCMH on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
712,722,732/733/734/735/736/73G/738/739,744,752/753,762/763,772/773,788/789,318,319,320,321,332,333,343,346
380,D93,M88,M90,M11,F100,B11,L10,146,CR1/CR2/CR7/CR9,E35/40/45/70/75/90,EM2,SF3,ATR,AT7,J41,DH1/3/4

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos