SunsetLimited

Re: The MSY thread - 2018

Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:53 pm

Concourse A was hopping in the 1990's with all of the USAirways Express B1900's running up to 20-25 flights every weekday to a large assortment of regional destinations...SHV, LIT, PNS, BPT, JAN, ECP, PFN, BTR, etc.
Spread hope like fire.

thebyte

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:38 am

msycajun wrote:
Not much for MSY in the WN extension as far as I can tell. LAX does go to 3 daily which is the most they've done on that route IIRC. 8 total to LAX is pretty decent.

With the latest extension, WN appears to have eliminated Saturday's MSY-SAN service. The one and only daily nonstop to SAN and is down to 6 days a week in September. I'm on this route all the time on Saturdays, and I'm sad to see the Saturday service go away. I hope this doesn't imply that other non-stop MSY-SAN service is in trouble...

msycajun

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:29 pm

thebyte wrote:
msycajun wrote:
Not much for MSY in the WN extension as far as I can tell. LAX does go to 3 daily which is the most they've done on that route IIRC. 8 total to LAX is pretty decent.

With the latest extension, WN appears to have eliminated Saturday's MSY-SAN service. The one and only daily nonstop to SAN and is down to 6 days a week in September. I'm on this route all the time on Saturdays, and I'm sad to see the Saturday service go away. I hope this doesn't imply that other non-stop MSY-SAN service is in trouble...

SAN has been one of WN's strongest routes loadfactor-wise. Most of the year it's in the mid 80s or low 90s, except for September, when traffic at MSY falls off dramatically. I expect this is a temporary reduction and wouldn't be surprised to see some additional frequency on it (or another carrier) during peak months.

NolaMD88fan

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:38 pm

Delayed to vacation in PUJ, so here are the August International and November Domestic Air traffic stats by route including seats, pax, and load factors.

Domestically, the airport saw a load factor of 84.95% in November. This was an increase of 1.84% over November 2016. Seat count increased by 5.74%, and pax count increased by 8.09%. Year to date, the domestic load factor was 81.4%.

Among the ULCC carriers, NK, F9, and G4 all saw increases in seat and pax count. Load factors declined by 5% for G4 and 4% for NK with this increase in seat count. However, NK added nearly 50,000 more seats to the market year over year, and a 4% decline in load factor is pretty decent for that amount of growth. NK started service to TPA, BOS, MSP, and EWR. TPA struggled, but the other routes started off decently for the first month of service. F9 effectively doubled the seat count with no impact on load factors. However, low performing routes get cut quickly by them. ISP and PVD saw loads below 80%, and as expected they have been cut. G4 is a bit more concerning. They grew, but the seat count increase was not as dramatic at around 4,000 seats, and load factor fell to a low 72.9%. I don't think we'll see G4 add much new until the loads improve.

Among the legacies, WN and AA both grew seat and pax counts and also had an increase in overall load factor. They have to be pleased with local market performance. DL saw minor declines in seat and pax count, and load factor was basically flat. UA saw the biggest drop in seat count at 5%, but pax count was basically flat. Thus, load factors increased by 4%. WN's MSY-LGA Thanksgiving service did well. The PIT and CMH routes are interesting. Outbound traffic from MSY was strong with loads well over 90%, but inbound traffic was horrible with loads of around 30%. I think this may have to do with timing of the flights. RDU continues to perform well.

B6 was basically flat across the board, and AS/VX saw flat numbers to SEA and improving numbers over October on the SFO route.

Internationally, the airport saw a load factor of 70.59% in August. Given that seat and pax counts increased by around 60% year over year, the fact that load factor improved by 2.7% bodes well. The year to date load factor was 79.3% through August.

AC reduced capacity, but saw pax counts increase over 2016. This pushed load factors up by 7.3%. BA and DE both had less than stellar months with loads of 66.7% and 70.5% respectively. Inbound loads to MSY were higher than outbound loads to Europe for the month. Not surprising as school starts here, and families stop travelling. CM did very well with an increase in seats, pax, and load factors in August.

(Domestic)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

(International)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

msyflyer

Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:58 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:

AC reduced capacity, but saw pax counts increase over 2016. This pushed load factors up by 7.3%. BA and DE both had less than stellar months with loads of 66.7% and 70.5% respectively. Inbound loads to MSY were higher than outbound loads to Europe for the month. Not surprising as school starts here, and families stop travelling. CM did very well with an increase in seats, pax, and load factors in August.

Does anybody think we need to worry about the BA flight? I've taken it 3 times and it was full all 3 times.

msycajun

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:12 pm

No surprise WN is adding a third LAX departure - it's at the top of the list for everyone who flies it. I wonder if there will also be room for a second AA or NK flight or a return of UA to the route. DEN has also been a great performer, but F9 has been uninterested and UA and WN fairly flat. I'd like to see either a third WN flight on the route or NK.

As for BA, I think it picked up a lot in the fall - August is a bad month overall. Would be interesting to see how it compares loadfactor-wise with their other routes.

msyflyer

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:38 pm

https://mailchi.mp/632fc07ca8e6/the-new ... ruary-2018

This gives some cool pictures of the new airport interior. I think this terminal is going to be significantly larger than we imagine.

msycajun

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:42 pm

msyflyer wrote:
https://mailchi.mp/632fc07ca8e6/the-new-msy-terminal-update-february-2018

This gives some cool pictures of the new airport interior. I think this terminal is going to be significantly larger than we imagine.

Anyone have updates on the access road construction?

I have no doubt it will be a large terminal, but the roads are my main concern along with getting to the southside rental car and parking facilities. To a lesser extend, I wonder if 35 gates will be enough for the next few years of growth - 2017 added almost a million passengers over the previous year.

DJSNOLA

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:59 pm

msycajun wrote:
msyflyer wrote:
https://mailchi.mp/632fc07ca8e6/the-new-msy-terminal-update-february-2018

Anyone have updates on the access road construction?

I have no doubt it will be a large terminal, but the roads are my main concern along with getting to the southside rental car and parking facilities. To a lesser extend, I wonder if 35 gates will be enough for the next few years of growth - 2017 added almost a million passengers over the previous year.

the access road is under construction now.. you can see from the i-10 overpass

LAX772LR

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:53 am

msyflyer wrote:
Does anybody think we need to worry about the BA flight? I've taken it 3 times and it was full all 3 times.

They said themselves that they're happy where it's at, not long ago.

Loads to LHR were quite low in January and early February, but then again, so were they for most other airports as well.

SJC had some pretty abysmal loads on its LHR flight during that time frame.
Saw several days when AUS-LHR departed with less than 100 people, and that flight's upgauging to 744 in a short time! :eek:

But these were only loads, which doesn't tell you the whole story.

And it's worth noting that BA continues to do gangbusters in cargo inbound to MSY:
their flight alone accounted for nearly 5% of the entire airport's cargo throughput in 2017, if you extrapolate the 9 months at 4-5/week service that they flew.

They already carry more cargo to/from MSY than any of the US3, and are behind only FedEx, UPS, and Southwest for total throughout at the airport.

Nice! :bigthumbsup:
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

msyflyer

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:44 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
Saw several days when AUS-LHR departed with less than 100 people, and that flight's upgauging to 744 in a short time! :eek:

So I've been wondering about that AUS flight. I know people who have taken it and they rarely say it's full. With DY in the mix now, I seriously have no clue how they are going to fill a 744 on BA and 787 on DY.

DJSNOLA

Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:21 pm

tried to take a picture of the new access rooad construction for North Terminal:

LAX772LR

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:24 am

msyflyer wrote:
With DY in the mix now, I seriously have no clue how they are going to fill a 744 on BA and 787 on DY.

Well, it's bookable and in the schedules... so they're definitely going for it.

ADrum23

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:42 pm

msyflyer wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

So I've been wondering about that AUS flight. I know people who have taken it and they rarely say it's full. With DY in the mix now, I seriously have no clue how they are going to fill a 744 on BA and 787 on DY.

I’m sure they’ll right size it back to a 789 in no time. Nothing bigger than that is needed on AUS-LHR

msyflyer

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:16 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
msyflyer wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

I’m sure they’ll right size it back to a 789 in no time. Nothing bigger than that is needed on AUS-LHR

I agree. I'm even skeptical of two 787s on that route to begin with. The 777 on that route didn't work, so how are two 787s even going to work?

william

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:19 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
tried to take a picture of the new access rooad construction for North Terminal:

The present airport has connectors from I-10 to Airport Road. This looks like one has to go through an interchange with lights under I-10.

donindc

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:43 pm

msyflyer wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
msyflyer wrote:

I agree. I'm even skeptical of two 787s on that route to begin with. The 777 on that route didn't work, so how are two 787s even going to work?

This is precisely why I hope DY stays away from MSY for now. I know that might sound counter-intuitive for an MSY enthusiast, since growth is almost always considered a good thing. But in this case, there is just no way our little TATL market can absorb 2 carriers to LON right now. Sure, DY would stimulate traffic with lower fares, but they would absolutely take a big chunk away from BA. One of them would lose, and my fear is that it would be BA. Then if we're lucky, DY would stay, but their business is still maturing and no guarantee they'd stick around for the long haul (no pun intended). It will be interesting to see how this plays out in AUS.

Now if DY were to start with 2X weekly to CDG, that's a different story.

ADrum23

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:39 pm

msyflyer wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
msyflyer wrote:

They are putting two daily 787s on that route?? When?

jbs2886

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:40 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
msyflyer wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

They are putting two daily 787s on that route?? When?

Its the hypothetical of BA going back to a 787 and the Norwegian 787.

msyflyer

Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:17 pm

donindc wrote:
msyflyer wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

This is precisely why I hope DY stays away from MSY for now. I know that might sound counter-intuitive for an MSY enthusiast, since growth is almost always considered a good thing. But in this case, there is just no way our little TATL market can absorb 2 carriers to LON right now. Sure, DY would stimulate traffic with lower fares, but they would absolutely take a big chunk away from BA. One of them would lose, and my fear is that it would be BA. Then if we're lucky, DY would stay, but their business is still maturing and no guarantee they'd stick around for the long haul (no pun intended). It will be interesting to see how this plays out in AUS.

I'd love DY to CDG. I wouldn't be surprised to see DY use a 737 and go to South America from here.

msyfly

Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:54 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
Concourse A was hopping in the 1990's with all of the USAirways Express B1900's running up to 20-25 flights every weekday to a large assortment of regional destinations...SHV, LIT, PNS, BPT, JAN, ECP, PFN, BTR, etc.

Wow! I just looked on Departed Flights at US Airways timetable for 1992. That was quite an impressive roster of flights. Four times a day to Little Rock! Did all those props just shred money? It's such a shame that GLO didn't make it.

ADrum23

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:59 pm

donindc wrote:
msyflyer wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

Well said. Small markets like MSY and BNA (my home airport) don't need additional TATL service to the same city. We need the BA service to be successful because it is much more valuable than DY due to the onward connections. In fact, other than the addition of FI or WW and DE (in BNA's case), I don't think MSY and BNA need any additional TATL service right now.

AUS is a bit different because it is much faster growing and has a large draw from SAT as well, but even then, I'd argue AUS doesn't need a carrier like DY right now. When DY announced AUS, they claimed they wanted to "disrupt the market", but how/why exactly do you do that when there is extremely limited service to Europe as it is? If you ask me, this new AUS DY service is pretty counter-intuitive for the airport. If AUS were a major hub with lots of existing TATL service, then DY would have a point. However, AUS only has BA to LHR and seasonal DE to FRA right now, and this new flight competes more with BA with service to the same city rather than providing service to a new city. So all in all, it hurts them (BA) in the long term (which is bad for the airport). AUS would be better off landing the rumored DL year round to AMS, which would provide competition, but wouldn't hurt the BA flight too much because it's a different city with a different draw.

If DY really wants to "disrupt the market" in Texas, they should go into DFW. That is an airport that could use a DY flight to LGW to break the AA monopoly.

donindc

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:20 pm

ADrum23 wrote:
donindc wrote:
msyflyer wrote:

Well said. Small markets like MSY and BNA (my home airport) don't need additional TATL service to the same city. We need the BA service to be successful because it is much more valuable than DY due to the onward connections. In fact, other than the addition of FI or WW and DE (in BNA's case), I don't think MSY and BNA need any additional TATL service right now.

AUS is a bit different because it is much faster growing and has a large draw from SAT as well, but even then, I'd argue AUS doesn't need a carrier like DY right now. When DY announced AUS, they claimed they wanted to "disrupt the market", but how/why exactly do you do that when there is extremely limited service to Europe as it is? If you ask me, this new AUS DY service is pretty counter-intuitive for the airport. If AUS were a major hub with lots of existing TATL service, then DY would have a point. However, AUS only has BA to LHR and seasonal DE to FRA right now, and this new flight competes more with BA with service to the same city rather than providing service to a new city. So all in all, it hurts them (BA) in the long term (which is bad for the airport). AUS would be better off landing the rumored DL year round to AMS, which would provide competition, but wouldn't hurt the BA flight too much because it's a different city with a different draw.

If DY really wants to "disrupt the market" in Texas, they should go into DFW. That is an airport that could use a DY flight to LGW to break the AA monopoly.

Exactly. Especially for airports like MSY and BNA, the BA brand recognition and global connectivity available at LHR is far more valuable than a fly-by-night ULCC to Gatwick. I realize I just restated what you said, but it was so on the mark it deserved repeating :-)

LAX772LR

Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:03 am

ADrum23 wrote:
msyflyer wrote:

I’m sure they’ll right size it back to a 789 in no time.

I too would be shocked if that flight stays 744 for anything more than peak summer.

msyflyer wrote:
The 777 on that route didn't work, so how are two 787s even going to work?

That's not really a fair comparison though, considering that there's only an 8 seat difference between the 77E that was on the route and the 789 that's on there now... but 6 of those 8 additional seats were F. Which likely explains why one was chosen over another.

msyflyer wrote:
donindc wrote:

I'd love DY to CDG.

Me three, but unfortunately for that, their CEO just said that their longhaul expansion will be almost exclusively from LGW in the near term. :(

msyflyer wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see DY use a 737 and go to South America from here.

I would. Those flights in general aren't doing so well, and they've already shed quite a few of them.

ADrum23

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:35 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
I too would be shocked if that flight stays 744 for anything more than peak summer.

I don't get why they are even upgauging AUS to a 744 in the first place. Even a 772 was too much plane IMO. The route doesn't need anything bigger than a 789.

ADrum23

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:37 pm

Since it has been almost a full year since the BA flight was launched from MSY, what has been the average loads to date? Is there any talk of maybe making it a daily flight?

SunsetLimited

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:02 pm

At least in SABRE, the AUS-LHR flight is scheduled to go back to a 789 on 10/28.
Spread hope like fire.

SunsetLimited

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:03 pm

IMO, no chance of Norwegian 737’s doing any flying out of MSY. I’d almost expect AF here before that happens, and I don’t see that happening.
Spread hope like fire.

LAX772LR

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:21 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
At least in SABRE, the AUS-LHR flight is scheduled to go back to a 789 on 10/28.

Makes sense: get a 744 for market shock when DY is getting started, then go back to 787 for winter.

Wouldn't be surprise to see that flight rotate between 787 and 777/747 for the summer, moving forward... heck, hope MSY can at some point too!

ADrum23

Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:13 am

SunsetLimited wrote:
IMO, no chance of Norwegian 737’s doing any flying out of MSY. I’d almost expect AF here before that happens, and I don’t see that happening.

You must mean the 787's. A 737 can't reach Europe from MSY.

I wouldn't say never to DY, but I would say it is unlikely in the near future, and as I stated above, it would not be in the best interest for DY to come into MSY at this time. However, one carrier I could see coming soon is WW. I think the southeast is the next big area for them to expand in, with MSY, BNA, RDU and even ATL and CLT being strong possibilities.

SunsetLimited

Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:17 am

I was commenting on a post above by msycajun which talked about DY 737s flying MSY-South America. Very far fetched, imo.
Spread hope like fire.

LAX772LR

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:17 am

ADrum23 wrote:
I wouldn't say never to DY, but I would say it is unlikely in the near future, and as I stated above, it would not be in the best interest for DY to come into MSY at this time.

You mean it wouldn't be in BA's best interest.... something that DY couldn't care less about.

One could effectively argue that it wouldn't be in MSY's interest either, if DY were to run BA out; though it should be pointed out that that's yet to happen in any intercon market thus far, so there's that.

msycajun

Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:45 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
I was commenting on a post above by msycajun which talked about DY 737s flying MSY-South America. Very far fetched, imo.

You mean msyflyer - I know that a DY 737 is not in the cards!

SunsetLimited

Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Sorry!

Yeah, if DY shows up here, it’ll be LGW.

What does everyone think about new service additions for 2018? I get the sense that we might not see much, except for the new WN and NK flights that have already been announced.
Spread hope like fire.

msycajun

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:02 pm

SunsetLimited wrote:
What does everyone think about new service additions for 2018? I get the sense that we might not see much, except for the new WN and NK flights that have already been announced.

Looks like AS is cutting back some routes, so I hope they can find a plane to do PDX by the fall. 3M to JAX is a route that I would expect to see within a year. Fingers crossed for at least a daily PIT and RDU on WN's extension Thursday.

LAX772LR

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:17 am

PDX is really the only remaining FAA large-hub without a nonstop, so definitely would like to see that.

Still struggle to understand why AC hasn't offered at least a seasonal and/or weekend YUL yet.

msyflyer

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:15 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:
I wouldn't say never to DY, but I would say it is unlikely in the near future, and as I stated above, it would not be in the best interest for DY to come into MSY at this time.

You mean it wouldn't be in BA's best interest.... something that DY couldn't care less about.

One could effectively argue that it wouldn't be in MSY's interest either, if DY were to run BA out; though it should be pointed out that that's yet to happen in any intercon market thus far, so there's that.

I've said it many times on here. BA is charging very high fares and the MSY route with a mediocre product. It could use a little competition. However, I just can't see how MSY could support the competition from DY.

jbs2886

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:14 pm

msyflyer wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
ADrum23 wrote:

I've said it many times on here. BA is charging very high fares and the MSY route with a mediocre product. It could use a little competition. However, I just can't see how MSY could support the competition from DY.

BA is likely making a profit despite lower LFs because of its high fares. If you want BA to have competition, you risk both airlines not charging enough, even filling planes, and losing money. Then MSY is left with neither carrier. BA has only been in MSY a year, lets let things settle a bit before we start demanding competition.

msyflyer

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:55 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
msyflyer wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

BA is likely making a profit despite lower LFs because of its high fares. If you want BA to have competition, you risk both airlines not charging enough, even filling planes, and losing money. Then MSY is left with neither carrier. BA has only been in MSY a year, lets let things settle a bit before we start demanding competition.

I think MSY can learn a lot from AUS right now.

jbs2886

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:52 pm

msyflyer wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
msyflyer wrote:

Norwegian hasn't even started there, lets see how that experiment plays out.

msyflyer

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:43 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
msyflyer wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:

Norwegian hasn't even started there, lets see how that experiment plays out.

Anybody have popcorn? I think this could be fun.

NolaMD88fan

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:30 am

Someone asked about loads on the flight.

Here is a breakdown by month using UK Civil Aviation Authority data for Heathrow. This assumes the 788 seat count of 214 seats.

Month...........Pax..........Seats...........Load Factor
March...........759..........1,284...............59.11%
April.............6,163........7,276...............84.70%
May..............5,905........7,704..............76.65%
June.............5,863........7,276..............80.58%
July...............6,119........7,704..............79.43%
August.........5,232........7,276...............71.91%
September...5,805........7,704...............75.35%
October.......6,707........7,276................92.18%
November....7,256.......8,988................80.73%
December....6,185.......9,416................65.69%
January........6,474.......9,844................65.77%
Total.............62,468.....81,748..............76.42%

LAX772LR

Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:26 am

NolaMD88fan wrote:
Someone asked about loads on the flight.

Here is a breakdown by month using UK Civil Aviation Authority data for Heathrow. This assumes the 788 seat count of 214 seats.

Month...........Pax..........Seats...........Load Factor
March...........759..........1,284...............59.11%
April.............6,163........7,276...............84.70%
May..............5,905........7,704..............76.65%
June.............5,863........7,276..............80.58%
July...............6,119........7,704..............79.43%
August.........5,232........7,276...............71.91%
September...5,805........7,704...............75.35%
October.......6,707........7,276................92.18%
November....7,256.......8,988................80.73%
December....6,185.......9,416................65.69%
January........6,474.......9,844................65.77%
Total.............62,468.....81,748..............76.42%

Pretty nice overall, at so far as a load perspective goes.

Keep in mind that they had competition from a nonstop scheduled TATL carrier during most of the Summer, so that makes the numbers for such a new flight all the better. :)

Kyoya

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:26 pm

msycajun

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:53 pm

Nice to see WN's Louisiana One livery, but it would be nice to see some substantial growth to go along with it instead of all of this 1 weekly stuff. SJC, SMF, and CUN don't even appear to be extended into the fall and RDU, PIT, IND, and CMH remain at 1-2 weekly. They do bring back the 2nd PHX flight, which is good news.

DJSNOLA

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:48 pm

msycajun wrote:
Nice to see WN's Louisiana One livery, but it would be nice to see some substantial growth to go along with it instead of all of this 1 weekly stuff. SJC, SMF, and CUN don't even appear to be extended into the fall and RDU, PIT, IND, and CMH remain at 1-2 weekly. They do bring back the 2nd PHX flight, which is good news.

Whats that ? Louisiana one

Kyoya

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:24 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
msycajun wrote:

Whats that ? Louisiana one

NolaMD88fan

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Looks like quite of a bit of progress over the last month on the new terminal from those pics. Roofing looks like it's going onto Concourse A, and the rest of the terminal roof looks nearly done.

Kyoya

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:34 pm

This picture puts the height into perspective when looking at size of the 2 glaciers installing the glass. It’s one hell of an open view from the consolidated security checkpoint.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos