msycajun

Re: The MSY Thread - 2018

Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:00 pm

Not much notable in the latest WN release. By my count, weekdays up to 58 departures, although Sundays will have 70. RDU, PIT, CMH, and IND all remain as 1 weekly, but SMF and SJC appear to be gone (unless they return later in April).

Kyoya

Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:41 am

Some of you may find these interesting.

https://www.hunt-connect.com/neworleans ... Items.aspx

Have fun.

msycajun

Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:59 pm

Kyoya wrote:

Have fun.

Thank you for posting. I certainly find it interesting, although it seems these documents are pre-concourse A designs. A big question I still have is what the size limitations of the gates will be in the final configuration. Especially how many widebodies can be accommodated at international gates at a time and how many gates would be blocked when a widebody is parked. It would be interesting to see what the maximum wingspan at a narrowbody gate will be. 757s and 739s are already pretty common at MSY, so the big question is what the MOM will end up looking like and if it will be able to replace the 757.

There was also mention a while back of adding accommodations for prop airlines back when we had GLO. Still could be relevant if 3M ever does show up. In the plans, there was a RON space to the east of the main terminal between the taxiway and the roadway. I wonder if a small gate space could be added to the east part of the terminal with a ramp leading down to that RON area for prop boarding.

Kyoya

Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:32 pm

msycajun wrote:
Kyoya wrote:

Have fun.

Thank you for posting. I certainly find it interesting, although it seems these documents are pre-concourse A designs.

It's crazy to me that those documents were sitting in the public domain with no security. I can only assume that after Hunt was acquired by AECOM, it took some time for full integration into the company. Hunt went with the collaboration system they were already using, and at some point in late 2016 things were switched over to AECOM's.

Even though it was pre-A, I thought it was interesting to see how things progressed past the original bid documents.

msycajun wrote:
A big question I still have is what the size limitations of the gates will be in the final configuration. Especially how many widebodies can be accommodated at international gates at a time and how many gates would be blocked when a widebody is parked. It would be interesting to see what the maximum wingspan at a narrowbody gate will be. 757s and 739s are already pretty common at MSY, so the big question is what the MOM will end up looking like and if it will be able to replace the 757.

Don't quote me on this, but if recall, Concourse A can service 2 wide and 2 narrow at once. I'm trying to think of where I saw that diagram.

msycajun wrote:
There was also mention a while back of adding accommodations for prop airlines back when we had GLO. Still could be relevant if 3M ever does show up. In the plans, there was a RON space to the east of the main terminal between the taxiway and the roadway. I wonder if a small gate space could be added to the east part of the terminal with a ramp leading down to that RON area for prop boarding.

Wasn't GLO going to be at the very end of A?

msycajun

Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:24 am

Kyoya wrote:

Even though it was pre-A, I thought it was interesting to see how things progressed past the original bid documents.

msycajun wrote:
A big question I still have is what the size limitations of the gates will be in the final configuration. Especially how many widebodies can be accommodated at international gates at a time and how many gates would be blocked when a widebody is parked. It would be interesting to see what the maximum wingspan at a narrowbody gate will be. 757s and 739s are already pretty common at MSY, so the big question is what the MOM will end up looking like and if it will be able to replace the 757.

Don't quote me on this, but if recall, Concourse A can service 2 wide and 2 narrow at once. I'm trying to think of where I saw that diagram.

msycajun wrote:

Wasn't GLO going to be at the very end of A?

Definitely interesting to see. It makes one appreciate the complexity of such a project, but also question the leadership (mostly mayoral) that pushed such a tight construction schedule even though it was clear the original traffic projections were so severely off and the road access was not going to be able to handle it.

I've seen some design drawing for A, but nothing that suggests a special gate for a prop operation. Also as I understand, one gate was moved from B to A (so 6, 14, and 15 for A, B, and C). So if A can only handle 2 narrow and 2 wide, that means only 33 total gates available if 2 wide are parked. Another question is whether they ended up keeping any international facilities for at least one or two gates on B.

msycajun

Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:43 am

Totally unrelated, but the thought crossed my mind and I hadn't really considered it before, but I wonder if the south terminal site might be a good candidate to be pitched for any future aircraft final assembly lines. There aren't many airports that would offer the number of commercial and freight flights combined with being right in the middle of an interstate, rail line, and river/sea access. It appears to be roughly the same size as Boeing in CHS and Airbus in BFM with plenty of room to expand west or even south with a slight rerouting of Airline. Plus there is already plenty of pavement and parking in place. Parts of the terminal could even be used for office space.

Prospects for an air freight/sorting facility aren't great due to the geography and lack of runways to allow for big banks, but some sort of manufacturing that requires multi-modal access would seem to be ideal.

SunsetLimited

Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:45 am

Generally speaking, the only time all 35 gates will be needed at the same time is for the right start flights. So if DE and BA are on the ground at the same time on A, I don’t think it would cause a big problem. But - it could be an issue down the road. Unfortunately “down the road” wasn’t taken much into consideration with this project, as nice as it is.

From what I understand, there will be no customs access from B. Only from A.
Spread hope like fire.

LAX772LR

Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:44 am

msycajun wrote:
Also as I understand, one gate was moved from B to A (so 6, 14, and 15 for A, B, and C).

Interesting. Source?

msycajun wrote:
Another question is whether they ended up keeping any international facilities for at least one or two gates on B.

SunsetLimited wrote:
From what I understand, there will be no customs access from B. Only from A.

I'm curious however if the design still allows for it, more so than would it be implemented from the start.

SunsetLimited wrote:
the right start flights.

:confused:
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

msycajun

Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:06 am

LAX772LR wrote:
msycajun wrote:
Also as I understand, one gate was moved from B to A (so 6, 14, and 15 for A, B, and C).

Interesting. Source?

This was posted a while back:

LAX772LR

Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:18 am

msycajun wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
msycajun wrote:

Interesting. Source?

This was posted a while back:

But area we sure this is recent?

Keep in mind that the original plan for A was 6 gates. Five, came later.
What's the timing for this?

Kyoya

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:01 am

Concourse A will have 6 gates. Concourses B and C have 29 total gates with new passenger boarding bridges. Concourse A will have refurbished bridges from the following:
A1 = C6
A2 = D12
A3 = D10
A4 = C10
A5 = C12
A6 = B16

The process will start in November.

SunsetLimited

Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:08 pm

A will definetely have 6. B will have 14, C will have 15.

I think the initial plan for B was 15, but there wasn’t enough room for gates B1 and A1 to coexist assuming they had a/c on both, so they did away with B1.

“Right start” is just another term for all a/c that overnight and leave first thing in the morning.
Spread hope like fire.

msycajun

Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Kyoya wrote:
Concourse A will have 6 gates. Concourses B and C have 29 total gates with new passenger boarding bridges. Concourse A will have refurbished bridges from the following:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what the bridges are doing now:
A1 = C6 - currently used by AS
A2 = D12 - currently used by DL
A3 = D10 - currently used by DL
A4 = C10 - currently used by AA
A5 = C12 - currently used by AA
A6 = B16 - currently not in use

I know they are expensive, but it hardly seems worth the trouble to save just 3 or 4 million (less if the refurbishment expenses are significant). If airlines have to reduce schedules (or delay expansion) for 3-4 months you lose out on a lot of potential PFC and other revenue and then there is the extra planning cost and risk of something going wrong.

msycajun

Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:56 pm

A few interesting bits on the agenda for the Aviation Board meeting on Thursday:
http://soundoff.bizzuka.com/editor_images/image_a448b7df/files/Special%20Meeting%20Agenda%20-%20FINAL.pdf
Item 1 Resolution Recognizing Walter Brooks, Executive Director of the
Regional Planning Commission of Greater New Orleans
Item 2 Modification to Air Service Incentive Program

Also lining up things for more bonds (presumably for more parking and new CONRAC) and a $4.5million change order for the NT.

I wonder if deals are in the works for new routes. Would be interesting to know exactly what the standard air service incentive is.

LAX772LR

Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:48 am

msycajun wrote:

I wonder if deals are in the works for new routes. Would be interesting to know exactly what the standard air service incentive is.

FINALLY, something of interest!

Just a purely personal point, but soooooooo over the domination of the whole roadway inadequacy issue, in any recent news regarding MSY. :(

msycajun

Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:02 am

LAX772LR wrote:
msycajun wrote:

FINALLY, something of interest!

Just a purely personal point, but soooooooo over the domination of the whole roadway inadequacy issue, in any recent news regarding MSY. :(

I remember the air service incentive was adjusted not too long ago, but again no specifics. Maybe they had made it more restrictive since the parking is basically at capacity and gates are tight until the NT opens and will make it more generous once again. 2018 had seen a real slowdown in new routes, hope that picks up again.

I agree the roadway thing is probably overblown, but better to prepare people to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised. If a small traffic bottleneck is the only issue, than that's impressive given the construction timeline. I am disappointed that all of the traffic talk hasn't led to any substantial proposals to implement real transit to the city and northshore (park and rides) from MSY.

LAX772LR

Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:55 am

msycajun wrote:
I am disappointed that all of the traffic talk hasn't led to any substantial proposals to implement real transit to the city and northshore (park and rides) from MSY.

I was just thinking the same thing. I understand that the airport people are doing the best they can with what the city/etc has given them to work with... but I gotta say, I'm sorta disappointed in the private sector.

With all the talk on what an impending sh!tshow the traffic may become:
you'd think that some savvy (or even dastardly) businessperson would come up with SOMETHING.

Granted, not being there on a day2day basis, I'm clearly out of the loop-- but I'm not aware of even any legitimate private sector proposals.

......................quick, somebody get the Air Gumbo guy on the line! :razz:

DJSNOLA

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:30 pm

I think the traffic issues are a little overblown yes... but still important to discuss.... that said I pretty much always Uber/Lyft these days or get someone to drop me off...I would like to see a design for the new long term garage though

msycajun

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:26 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
msycajun wrote:
I am disappointed that all of the traffic talk hasn't led to any substantial proposals to implement real transit to the city and northshore (park and rides) from MSY.

I was just thinking the same thing. I understand that the airport people are doing the best they can with what the city/etc has given them to work with... but I gotta say, I'm sorta disappointed in the private sector.

Thing is, a lot of Av board members are involved with the convention center, CVB, city/parish governments, etc. so they could certainly influence the transit discussion. At the very least make some public statements and editorials to put pressure on JET and NORTA. Or get the convention center/CVB etc. to fund some park and rides or better bus service to the airport. Everything that gets cars off the road around the airport (and CBD) will benefit visitors' impressions and help recruit big events.

There are a few relatively simple and inexpensive changes that would make a big difference:
Extend the Veterans bus to the North Terminal, and make it 24/7
Keep the NORTA airport route on Earhart with stops at major intersections to allow for transfers and upgrade to twice hourly 24/7
Expand the Airline highway route schedule to connect to the CBD 24/7
Extend the Kenner loop to the NT

NolaMD88fan

Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:04 am

The airport posted some pics of the latest airline to fly to MSY...Sun Country (SY). MSP service started today, and BNA will begin in November.

LAX772LR

Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:37 am

NolaMD88fan wrote:
The airport posted some pics of the latest airline to fly to MSY

What gate? Sorta looks like D.

NolaMD88fan

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:28 am

Definitely a D gate on the even numbered side. Not sure of the exact gate though.

msyflyer

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:52 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
Definitely a D gate on the even numbered side. Not sure of the exact gate though.

D2

DJSNOLA

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:55 pm

NolaMD88fan wrote:
The airport posted some pics of the latest airline to fly to MSY...Sun Country (SY). MSP service started today, and BNA will begin in November.

wait suncountry is flying to nashville? didnt know that... just went to the website and it shows las vegas as well from NOLA
Last edited by DJSNOLA on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SunsetLimited

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:02 pm

SY flights to BNA start in November.

MSY-BNA is a market that really needed some ULCC competition. Personally I think it'll do much better than the MSP service.
Spread hope like fire.

LAX772LR

Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:31 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
just went to the website and it shows las vegas as well from NOLA

I can't speak for back then, but their map doesn't show that now.

Who knows, maybe you caught an impending announcement before someone fixed it? ;)

Unfortunately, NK+WN would probably slaughter them on such a route; but who knows, maybe not.

DJSNOLA

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:25 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

Who knows, maybe you caught an impending announcement before someone fixed it? ;)

Unfortunately, NK+WN would probably slaughter them on such a route; but who knows, maybe not.

No it lets you book flights to there too

msycajun

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:29 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

Those are just connections through MSP, they've always shown up as an option since the MSP flight was loaded.

DJSNOLA

Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:19 pm

msycajun wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:

Those are just connections through MSP, they've always shown up as an option since the MSP flight was loaded.

ok well its confusing because when you try to book new orleans to somewhere it give you three options... las vegas nashville and minneapolis... just seemed odd because through minneapolis you can technically connect to a lot more places than those three

DJSNOLA

Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:21 pm

Now that we are september when do you guys think we might here about some new service that will begin at the new terminal? any thoughts?

LAX772LR

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:07 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
Now that we are september when do you guys think we might here about some new service that will begin at the new terminal? any thoughts?

It should probably be restated that buildings don't attract airlines, revenue does.

So while there of course might be some airline(s) out there waiting for the quick marketing jolt of announcing new service in tandem with a new terminal...

...it might be wise to temper those expectations by remembering that MSY was not even remotely lacking in gate space nor runway availability beforehand, so there was nothing stopping airlines from having already announced anything that might be in the pipeline for the near term.

But who knows. Maybe we'll still be pleasantly surprised.

msycajun

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:31 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

It should probably be restated that buildings don't attract airlines, revenue does.

So while there of course might be some airline(s) out there waiting for the quick marketing jolt of announcing new service in tandem with a new terminal...

...it might be wise to temper those expectations by remembering that MSY was not even remotely lacking in gate space nor runway availability beforehand, so there was nothing stopping airlines from having already announced anything that might be in the pipeline for the near term.

But who knows. Maybe we'll still be pleasantly surprised.

While I agree with the general premise, the south terminal is pretty much at capacity due to parking and roadways. I was picked up a friend on a Tuesday night in August at 9pm and the arrivals was back up all the way to the entrance at Airline Highway. Parking is routinely full, which limits airlines' ability to attract flyers from the farther reaches of MSY's catchment area.

Except for the potential I-10 bottleneck, the pick-up and drop-off experience will be much better with the new terminal, plus there will be about 3000 more parking spaces on the property (with even more on the way).

There's also the issue that 6 jet bridges in the ST will be moved starting in November to new concourse A. That will have an impact on the ability to add flights at peak times.

When you add all of that up, it makes sense that an airline wanting to expand or enter the market would want to wait until the move is complete. On one hand, passenger growth has outpaced seat growth, but airlines are being mush more conservative these days, so it's hard to say.

LAX772LR

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:52 pm

msycajun wrote:
While I agree with the general premise, the south terminal is pretty much at capacity due to parking and roadways. I was picked up a friend on a Tuesday night in August at 9pm and the arrivals was back up all the way to the entrance at Airline Highway. Parking is routinely full, which limits airlines' ability to attract flyers from the farther reaches of MSY's catchment area.

That may very well be.... but I have to say, I've never once heard of a situation where airlines were chomping at the bit to add service to a given large market, but held off due to its parking situation. Sure I'm just an amateur nobody; but really drawing a blank on that front.

SEA is a similar example where available parking is wayyyy below demand, yet it's actually the fastest growing of the large USA hubs in aircraft movements (8.1%) and among the 5th fastest growing in pax numbers (8.0%), and has been for the last three years.

Same for LAX, which is #2 and #6 respectively, among FAA large-hubs.
Same for FLL, which is #4 and #7 respectively.

All three of those airports are well known for their horrid parking/access situations, LAX probably more so than most:
it has an entire new (additional) A380-capable international concourse opening next year and two more terminals in consideration (one of which will be built IN PLACE of an existing parking lot!) yet not a single new parking structure set to be built beyond the intermodal common area............. but that doesn't seem to be a deterrent to rapid growth and expansion.

Granted, that's LAX, the O&D king of all airports, so it's somewhat anecdotal; but I'd say it's fairly demonstrable that the carriers don't care about (lack of) parking if the $$ is right.

msycajun

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:48 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
msycajun wrote:

That may very well be.... but I have to say, I've never once heard of a situation where airlines were chomping at the bit to add service to a given large market, but held off due to its parking situation. Sure I'm just an amateur nobody; but really drawing a blank on that front.

SEA is a similar example where available parking is wayyyy below demand, yet it's actually the fastest growing of the large USA hubs in aircraft movements (8.1%) and among the 5th fastest growing in pax numbers (8.0%), and has been for the last three years.

Same for LAX, which is #2 and #6 respectively, among FAA large-hubs.
Same for FLL, which is #4 and #7 respectively.

All three of those airports are well known for their horrid parking/access situations, LAX probably more so than most:
it has an entire new (additional) A380-capable international concourse opening next year and two more terminals in consideration (one of which will be built IN PLACE of an existing parking lot!) yet not a single new parking structure set to be built beyond the intermodal common area............. but that doesn't seem to be a deterrent to rapid growth and expansion.

Granted, that's LAX, the O&D king of all airports, so it's somewhat anecdotal; but I'd say it's fairly demonstrable that the carriers don't care about (lack of) parking if the $$ is right.

I don't think it's an accurate comparison. First of all, those airports are less dependent on travelers driving in from distant metro areas and better public transportation to their core cities. They also have more connecting traffic/multiple hubs to fill seats and those particularly airports are the sites of fierce battles for market share. I'd bet that a lot of flights being added to those airports aren't all that profitable, but are more for the sake of network enhancement and to defend against competing carriers. One thing about SEA, FLL, and LAX is that even though they are growing fast, they'd probably grow much more without the congestion and gate constraints they have.

Are there medium sized airports in the US that completely run out of parking for every holiday? A quick check of social media doesn't show AUS, BNA, or PIT running out of parking labor day weekend.

In the case of MSY, when parking is scarce and more expensive, it means that fares need to be lower to convince someone to drive to MSY instead of using GPT, BTR, MOB, LFT etc. So it might not necessarily be an airline saying "we won't add flights because of parking" but they may see that they can't fill as many seats as they would like at a given price point and thus look elsewhere to expand. That being said, I think the impending shortage of gates probably has a bigger impact than parking.

LAX772LR

Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:28 pm

msycajun wrote:
Are there medium sized airports in the US that completely run out of parking for every holiday?

Not off the top of my head, most of the airports with significant parking issues that end up routinely in the news are the aforementioned + HNL, LGA and DCA.

All large-hubs.

DJSNOLA

Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:16 pm

I was just posturing that because of the move of certain jetbridges as well as the hassle of establishing ticketing kiosks and other expenses for a short period of time that its likely some things, especially a new airline ,would not go to the south terminal but wait for the north one to open. Just seems logical!

jbs2886

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:24 am

DJSNOLA wrote:
I was just posturing that because of the move of certain jetbridges as well as the hassle of establishing ticketing kiosks and other expenses for a short period of time that its likely some things, especially a new airline ,would not go to the south terminal but wait for the north one to open. Just seems logical!

Not really. Almost guaranteed the airport would pay for the move, but that wouldn't stop an airline if they wanted. Further, you are assuming new airlines would launch?

SunsetLimited

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:45 am

The planned jetbridge shortage isn't stopping AA. They will be up to 29/day in January (extra ORD added, which will make 3X daily 738), with 17 out of 23 mainline on 738's.. A big bump up in seats from the prior year.
Spread hope like fire.

jbs2886

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:05 am

SunsetLimited wrote:
The planned jetbridge shortage isn't stopping AA. They will be up to 29/day in January (extra ORD added, which will make 3X daily 738), with 17 out of 23 mainline on 738's.. A big bump up in seats from the prior year.

Wow, that's good news on ORD-MSY. AA's 2x daily was incredibly inconvenient when I was trying to fly, forced me over to WN/UA a couple of times. Of course, I've now relocated to NYC and AA is completely absent from NYC-MSY, unfortunately, which is pushing me back to DL. Also surprised they will be all 738s; last time AA had 3x daily on the route it was CRJ-700s and E175s, incredible capacity jump.

DJSNOLA

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:22 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

Not really. Almost guaranteed the airport would pay for the move, but that wouldn't stop an airline if they wanted. Further, you are assuming new airlines would launch?

damn im not assuming anything im asking.. simple questions here! geez!

jbs2886

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:27 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
jbs2886 wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

damn im not assuming anything im asking.. simple questions here! geez!

I wasn't trying to be offensive. But there was no question in your post. You said "establishing ticketing kiosks" - that would mean a new airline (hence my comment that you are assuming a new airline). The existing carriers won't have to get new kiosks just to add a flight or two.

DJSNOLA

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:14 pm

looks like the parking contract for the new terminal was awarded

DJSNOLA

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:02 am

does anyone know when condor renewals for next summer would be announced? just curious.. i dont see it on the timetable for next summer however i know last years renewal wasnt announced until october

DJSNOLA

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:37 am

SNN707

Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:26 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
does anyone know when condor renewals for next summer would be announced? just curious.. i dont see it on the timetable for next summer however i know last years renewal wasnt announced until october

Well one clue would be if Condor had no sponsorship presence at the Oktoberfest at the New Deutsches Haus on Bayou St John. By far the biggest German centric festival in NOLA (with a LOT of potential pax in attendance). And sure to get a lot of press as it is fully moved into the new facility. We will know that clue in about 3 weeks.

Side note - know of some who booked DE in Germany and flew last week. Paid over 800 Euros for econ. Pretty high esp for Sep as German schools are in session now. Im thinking maybe that NOAB agenda item pertains to something with DE/MT and the announcement could be made shortly. I'd be down with DE in Summer to FRA and MT to MAN in winter for year round service. They didnt have this agenda item to talk about nothing. Sumthins up.

NolaMD88fan

Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:35 pm

Airport posted a new aerial. Love this angle displaying the new terminal, current terminal, and the river.

msyflyer

Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:24 pm

SNN707 wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

Well one clue would be if Condor had no sponsorship presence at the Oktoberfest at the New Deutsches Haus on Bayou St John. By far the biggest German centric festival in NOLA (with a LOT of potential pax in attendance). And sure to get a lot of press as it is fully moved into the new facility. We will know that clue in about 3 weeks.

Side note - know of some who booked DE in Germany and flew last week. Paid over 800 Euros for econ. Pretty high esp for Sep as German schools are in session now. Im thinking maybe that NOAB agenda item pertains to something with DE/MT and the announcement could be made shortly. I'd be down with DE in Summer to FRA and MT to MAN in winter for year round service. They didnt have this agenda item to talk about nothing. Sumthins up.

I've been wondering about that agenda item. When is that meeting?

DJSNOLA

Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 pm

msyflyer wrote:
SNN707 wrote:
DJSNOLA wrote:

I've been wondering about that agenda item. When is that meeting?

it happened already but no minutes of the meeting have been posted... but usually someone from the media attends so i dont know what its about guess time will tell.

BTW didnt realize thomas cook was sister airines with Condor

NolaMD88fan

Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:47 pm

DJSNOLA wrote:
BTW didnt realize thomas cook was sister airines with Condor

Yup...Condor is a subsidiary of the Thomas Cook Group.

NolaMD88fan

Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:33 am

July stats posted by the airport today. Monthly traffic is up 6.8% to 1,116,936, and year to date traffic is up 10.6% to 7,769,522. Overall, the airport was ranked 37th busiest in the nation through July falling between SJC and OAK.

http://www.flymsy.com/Files/Press/July2018.pdf

Estimated international carrier load factor:

AC: 83.3% full outbound (MSY-YYZ) 1885 pax/2263 seats
86.6% full inbound (YYZ-MSY) 1960 pax/2263 seats
85.0% full combined 3845 pax/4526 seats

BA: 69.4% full outbound (MSY-LHR) 3117 pax/4494 seats
92.1% full inbound (LHR-MSY) 4140 pax/4494 seats
80.7% full combined 7257 pax/8988 seats

DE: 81.8% full outbound (MSY-FRA) 1861 pax/2295 seats
96.6% full inbound (FRA-MSY) 2218 pax/2295 seats
88.9% full combined 4079 pax/4590 seats

CM: 87.6% full outbound (MSY-PTY) 1956 pax/2232 seats
91.6% full inbound (PTY-MSY) 2045 pax/2232 seats
89.6% full combined 4001 pax/4464 seats

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos