New article on the airport in the Post Gazette.https://www.post-gazette.com/business/d ... 1812050103
The one and only Michael Boyd is back too!! My how his tone has changed...
When you swing for the fences, “you strike out sometimes. But if you don’t swing, you’re not going to hit anything,” he said. “I look at it as being a positive thing and an airport that isn’t afraid to try anything.”
Didn't he famously say that PIT had all the air service that it's ever going to get and that they shouldn't even try for more??
I don't know what's funnier. Seeing Michael Boyd turn his stance on a dime or scrolling through the comments section of that article. It's amazing how many people try to convince themselves that the public, JUST the public only
, is funding the new terminal and NOT the airlines, tenants, or natural gas revenue.
Here's some more in-depth good and bad the article left out regarding air service:
- AA cutting BOS this month
- B6 cutting FLL next month
- AA reducing DFW to all-A319 again in January and to 3x daily. Also sees a downgrade to an E175 in the spring.
- PHL loses mainline service almost entirely in January and February, mostly replaced by CRJs. Also only showing 4x daily on certain days.
- DL cutting mainline from MSP until April
- DL reducing capacity to ATL
- UA ending mainline service to IAD in April, suspending mainline to IAH Jan-Apr
+ F9 recently adding PBI
+ AA upgrading 4/5 ORD flights to B738s in March and adding a 6th daily flight in April
+ WN going 2x daily to FLL for the spring
+ WN resuming CUN in March
+ UA resuming 2x daily SFO in April
+ Apple Vacations adding more frequencies this spring
On the plus side, most of the bad seems to be going away by April or May and there also seems to be a lot of capacity upgrades coming for the summer between G4, UA, DL, and WN on several routes (pending any schedule updates of course).